AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-09-25, 18:33   Link #1561
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
You mean, like Accelerator skill from Cyborg 009? That would be good, but I'm afraid it would broke the power balance too much. Besides, it was stated that even I.S. has their limit in terms of acceleration/ speed as stated by Char here.

So yeah, unless you have something to broke the physic...

Her canon nickname is Kanalin, as stated by Nohonhon. So, considering Nohonhon's penchant, her name would be Kana or Kana(something)
I sent most of chapter 8 to you.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 18:36   Link #1562
Eratas123

What do you guys think of this idea:

Instead of being an idiot and summoning his full suit every time he wants to fight, how about having Ichika be a partail deployment fighter?

Partial arm summon-boosts attack power of fists.

Partial leg summon-boosts attack power of legs and allows user to rise up in air with a controlled burst of speed.

Partial wing summon-allows user to dash at high speeds.

Partial sword summon- can disable IS and machinery.

Shield summon- can block projectiles against user.

Partial arm cannon summon-by burst firing the cannon it can act like a rasengan when not fully charged.

What do you guys think? It's the only way I can think to make Ichika take levels in badass in my story.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 19:06   Link #1563
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post

Instead of being an idiot and summoning his full suit every time he wants to fight, how about having Ichika be a partail deployment fighter?

Partial leg summon-boosts attack power of legs and allows user to rise up in air with a controlled burst of speed.

Partial arm cannon summon-by burst firing the cannon it can act like a rasengan when not fully charged.

What do you guys think? It's the only way I can think to make Ichika take levels in badass in my story.
I say, it's a good plan. Go for it.

Old 2011-09-25, 19:09   Link #1564
DarkJak2050

Quote:

I think you're missing one thing, Body Armor. But then again, I think all ISs are lacking that, from what I've seen so far. At least my OCs are not gonna have that kind of problem in my Fanfic.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-09-25 at 19:29.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 19:44   Link #1565
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Quote:
You mean, like Accelerator skill from Cyborg 009? That would be good, but I'm afraid it would broke the power balance too much. Besides, it was stated that even I.S. has their limit in terms of acceleration/ speed as stated by Char here.

So yeah, unless you have something to broke the physic...
Don't IS already break the laws of physics?

But wouldn't the IS integrity be fine as this ability is only active for a nano second? And at such speed, his IS would be creating a vaccum for a nano second, reducing air drag and friciton.

Quote:

Sounds interesting, but doesn't that defeat the point of having an IS? During a fight against an opponent with a full IS, he would be at a disadvantage for he is only partially boosted, while his opponent is fully boosted. My recommendation would be to have him be in full IS mode, but having a fold out armor on each of his limbs and wings that activate for your specified actions.

Quote:
Name: (Need some suggestions)
Ability:
By using energy absorbed from an attack, Byakku Shiki moves for a nano-second close to the speed of light. Using Einsteins theory of relativity, this means that time slows down as Byakku Shiki comes close to the speed of light; thus making all movements in this relativity extremely slow.
Any other opinions? I still need a name. Some epic japanese name would be awesome as well.
Old 2011-09-25, 19:47   Link #1566
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I think you're missing one thing, Body Armor. But then again, I think all ISs are lacking that, from what I've seen so far. At least my OCs are not gonna have that kind of problem in my Fanfic.
Not really, Ichika HAS vest-shaped armor (at least in 1st shift), while the girls has Bare boobs. Hell, it was a plot point in my story as stated by Ling in chapter 7.

also, I want to add another one:

- Summoning the Halo-shaped headgear to increase sight, smell, hearing, and reflex.

@Falcolobo, Indeed that I.S. already violates the law of physic, even then, there's some indication that PIC has it's limits. For example:
- Laura smacked with a bullet from Char's rifle by Ichika, she still felt it. If PIC is perfect, then she won't felt anything form the impact.
- Ichika smashed by Ling using her Shockwave cannon, if PIC is perfect, then Ichika wouldn't feel the heavy blast.
- As said above, Ignition boost has it's limits unable to change direction. Even if it can create vacuum bubble, and PIC is perfect, then Ignition Boost will propel Ichika at insane speed because he has very low mass and with I.S. unaffected by gravity, there's no way he can stop.

Well, that's just my two cent, it's still up to author.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-09-25 at 20:00.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 19:55   Link #1567
Eratas123

It can be an advantage against other IS since partial summoning reduces energy consumption by a huge amount which is the main reason he always seems to lose. Its mostly used for non lethal takedowns against human opponents though.
Old 2011-09-25, 19:56   Link #1568
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Not really, Ichika HAS vest-shaped armor (at least in 1st shift), while the girls has Bare boobs. Hell, it was a plot point in my story as stated by Ling in chapter 7.

also, I want to add another one:

- Summoning the Halo-shaped headgear to increase sight, smell, hearing, and reflex.
Dude seriously, the lack of Body Armor is basically a sign saying "Aim here!". They got a death wish or something?

God I wish I can continue my Fanfic, and my personal issues offline are not helping...

Here's what my OCs would be if they were in my spot.
Spoiler for Personal Issues:

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-09-25 at 20:09.
Old 2011-09-25, 20:02   Link #1569
Eratas123

Quote:
Dude seriously, the lack of Body Armor is basically a sign saying "Aim here!". They got a death wish or something?

God I wish I can continue my Fanfic, and my personal issues offline are not helping...
That's what the shield's are for...
Old 2011-09-25, 20:05   Link #1570
DarkJak2050

Quote:
That's what the shield's are for...
The shield's good, but what will happen if they lose the shield?

Especially if it's the IS energy shield.
Old 2011-09-25, 20:15   Link #1571
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:

Quoting my own fanfic:

Spoiler for LingYin:

Yeah, the canon did not states WHY They did not put armor on torso, they just said that Armor is useless because of the Barrier. Yet we can see various weapon that can pierce through the barrier.

SO I try to make some justification using my weird troper's way of thinking. REVERSE LOGIC.

Attack + barrier protection = nil
Piercing Attack - (barrier + armor protection) = Injury
Piercing Attack - barrier protection = potentially grave injury = Absolute defense activation

And then we gone to miltiary I.S.

Spoiler for LingYin 2:

We tropers call them Faceless Goons effect.

Yeah, who cares about those Imperial Stormtroopers? They LOOK inhuman in that white gas mask.
Old 2011-09-25, 20:25   Link #1572
Eratas123

Quote:
The shield's good, but what will happen if they lose the shield?

Especially if it's the IS energy shield.
Then that'll be his weakness, I need to balance it don't I?

Ichika: most durable and long lasting shield but no body armor.

Kyuukai: 5 second shield and average body armor.

Irish: No shield but best body armor.
Old 2011-09-25, 20:29   Link #1573
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Quote:

@Falcolobo, Indeed that I.S. already violates the law of physic, even then, there's some indication that PIC has it's limits. For example:
- Laura smacked with a bullet from Char's rifle by Ichika, she still felt it. If PIC is perfect, then she won't felt anything form the impact.
- Ichika smashed by Ling using her Shockwave cannon, if PIC is perfect, then Ichika wouldn't feel the heavy blast.
- As said above, Ignition boost has it's limits unable to change direction. Even if it can create vacuum bubble, and PIC is perfect, then Ignition Boost will propel Ichika at insane speed because he has very low mass and with I.S. unaffected by gravity, there's no way he can stop.

Well, that's just my two cent, it's still up to author.
Well than, that cold potentially be a downside to this destructive ability. Use this to many times and the physical integrity of your IS goes down after each use.

Have any potential names for this ability?
Old 2011-09-25, 20:42   Link #1574
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Quoting my own fanfic:

Spoiler for LingYin:

Yeah, the canon did not states WHY They did not put armor on torso, they just said that Armor is useless because of the Barrier. Yet we can see various weapon that can pierce through the barrier.

SO I try to make some justification using my weird troper's way of thinking. REVERSE LOGIC.

Attack + barrier protection = nil
Piercing Attack - (barrier + armor protection) = Injury
Piercing Attack - barrier protection = potentially grave injury = Absolute defense activation

And then we gone to miltiary I.S.

Spoiler for LingYin 2:

We tropers call them Faceless Goons effect.

Yeah, who cares about those Imperial Stormtroopers? They LOOK inhuman in that white gas mask.
Well, I don't think I'll have to worry about the "Faceless Goons" effect as much with my OCs. They are going to have full combat armor, but they have their own individuality and have a human like appearance/qualities. Inside, or outside of their armor.

Take a look at the Carmine Brothers from Gears of War for an example:
Anthony Carmine
Benjamin Carmine
Clayton Carmine

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-09-25 at 20:57. Reason: Carmine Brothers added for examples
Old 2011-09-25, 21:17   Link #1575
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Well, I don't think I'll have to worry about the "Faceless Goons" effect as much with my OCs. They are going to have full combat armor, but they have their own individuality. Inside, or outside of their armor.

And not to mention, they're armor is going to have a human like appearance.
Precisely what I mean, from ENEMY's POV, they're just random Armored Mooks with intention to kill/ destroy.

Meanwhile, we readers sympathize them because we knew behind those armor, they're just human with distinct personal identity.

We're talking about perspective here, if I was a terrorist and finding that the anti-terror police was like THIS FUCKING SHIT
Spoiler for F*cking sh1t:

I might as well laugh at first, then aim at her navel and pump her full of bullets.
Old 2011-09-25, 21:38   Link #1576
DarkJak2050

"Well I guess that we'll have to make the right impression to the world then."
- Eric "Hot Shot" Anderson.
Old 2011-09-25, 21:43   Link #1577
blitz1/2

I can tell you now that me and Zero managed to make Charles into a very unfortunate victim in sacred twins.

Old 2011-09-25, 21:46   Link #1578
DarkJak2050

Oh dude, I want to read Sacred Twins, but I don't because it may contain content from Vol. 5 in the Light Novels. First I'll try to get up to date in the Light Novels, then I'll read Sacred Twins. Problem is, vol. 5 and 7 are not translated yet.
Old 2011-09-25, 21:54   Link #1579
blitz1/2

Quote:
Oh dude, I want to read Sacred Twins, but I don't because it may contain content from Vol. 5 in the Light Novels. First I'll try to get up to date in the Light Novels, then I'll read Sacred Twins. Problem is, vol. 5 and 7 are not translated yet.
Kuroi made a summary for vol 7. It's just vol 5 that's missing any information (and my beloved Tatenashi...)

Old 2011-09-25, 22:03   Link #1580
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Kuroi made a summary for vol 7. It's just vol 5 that's missing any information (and my beloved Tatenashi...)
I believe there's V5 summary by Justpassingby too....

Spoiler for Credit for Justpasisngby:

SO yeah, WARNIGN VOLUME 5 SPOILER! LOL

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest