Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-19, 00:41   Link #1
ULTRAMAN
Banned

Bleach DS: Souten ni Kakeru Unmei

Well, since the old thread is gone ill remake another. The newest up is on the site http://bleach.sega.jp/nds/index.html Seems like the site has sorta been revamped with clips of some character's moves(has a little bit of ichigo's bankai in action).

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2283 Heres the latest trailer if you havent seen it yet. It shows some gameplay, the different modes, and some bankai clips.
Old 2005-12-27, 08:45   Link #2
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Bleach DS

Co-developed by Sega and Treasure....Treasure are doing the battle system apparentally which can only mean something close to awesome....and it also seems Bankai's are actually usuable in game as if you go to the official site and watch the video of Ichigo he goes Bankai and can use it as a transformation. Hitsugaya's Bankai also looks kinda interesting too.

Interestingly enough they're holding back alot and we know they're holding out of Byakuya's Bankai since a video was running around which does show off Byakuya as having a proper Bankai cinematic which is not on the official website.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...p=fr_en&tt=url

http://bleach.sega.jp/nds/

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2005-12-27 at 17:22. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2005-12-28, 06:57   Link #3
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

other than gunstar heroes treasure has been releasing fail D titles this last 4 years.

this game does not look like it will hold more than 2 hours of interest. if they were going to make a 4 player beat em up, they should have made it like ransom city.
Old 2005-12-28, 07:08   Link #4
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Wi Fi support perks my interest...>_>

And I don't know where you get this they've been failing for last 4 years......somebody obviously hasn't been playing Ikaruga and Astro Boy...
Old 2006-02-02, 09:55   Link #5
Eandia

Seeing as this game was just released I thought I would light the spark once again.

None other than Gunstar Heroes and Radiant Silvergun veteran Treasure stepped up and delivered a Beat'em Up that offers full online support on the Nintendo DS, allowing you to fight players globally.

What awaits you with Souten ni Kakeru Unmei is basically a very fine two-plane Beat'em Up. The game features two main attack solutions, you use a button each for either a strong or a weak attack. Guard with the right shoulder button, while L is used to switch between planes. While in combat, you lock yourself on to an opponent and are able to dash with the remaining face controls. Then, jumping sees you pressing up, where double jumps are also possible.

It's safe to say (no surprise people, it's Treasure we are talking here) that fighting mechanics are quick and responsive. That holds true even if you decide to use the touch screen as mentioned above. Also, what's definitely cool is the inclusion of anime cut-ins during fights. Guaranteeing a constant perfect view of combat, the action zooms in for close-ups and steps back if players move away from each other. In this Bleach title, we are treated to fantastic sprite-based visuals and fights appear all the more dramatic with lots of cool effects when unleashing power moves. Bring down your zanpakuto (soul cutting sword) on your enemy hard!

Text taken from www.lik-sang.com where you can also order the game now for 49.90.
Old 2006-02-02, 10:22   Link #6
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Also if anyone is interested in giving the Wi-Fi a go against english and japanese players of the like, alot of people gather over at Gamefaqs Bleach DS board to meet up and play as well if your looking for more players.

The full character list is confirmed as:-

-Ishida
-Soi Fong
-Yoruichi
-Ganryusei
-Inoue
-Ganju
-Chad
-Ichigo
-Rukia
-Ichimaru
-Byakuya
-Renji
-Ukitake
-Komamura
-Aizen
-Hinamori
-Shunsei
-Tousen
-Hitsugaya
-Mayuri
-Zaraki
-Mayumi
-Bonnie the Boar (WTF?)
-Yachiru
-Tatsuki (o_o)
-Kon (Pwnage)
-Hollow Ichigo (flip out and kill!)
-Unmasked Komamura

They have full showcases over on the official Bleach DS site of some of their moves.
Old 2006-02-03, 00:29   Link #7
Taylor--
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Also if anyone is interested in giving the Wi-Fi a go against english and japanese players of the like, alot of people gather over at Gamefaqs Bleach DS board to meet up and play as well if your looking for more players.
Really? The wi-fi works if your in North America? Awesome news, I'll need to order my copy asap.
Old 2006-02-03, 06:39   Link #8
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

The Wi-Fi when your playing against Japanese players tends to be sometimes laggy without a fast connection but I'm told the Wi-Fi against people in your own region works perfectly.
Old 2006-02-03, 07:01   Link #9
Eandia

But is it possible to just connect to a random wifi battle royal regardless of country without using friend codes?
Old 2006-02-03, 08:55   Link #10
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I think it should be possible to since everyone mentions playing against random japanese players regularly. Friend Codes are only there to find the people you specifically want to play.
Old 2006-02-03, 11:15   Link #11
Eandia

Sounds great, I'll be getting the game alongside my purchase of the Ds lite.
Old 2006-02-03, 22:35   Link #12
janmurphy
but the soul still burns!

Send a message via MSN to janmurphy
wow, thats quite the character list. I got to play that game when they only had 4 characters done, at the release convention for Jump Superstars. It was really fun, fun enough that Ive already got a copy of it coming to me in the mail. *grin*
*edit* OMG BONNIE THE BOAR!!!!!! I missed reading that first time, thats that giant pig with the ribbon Ganjyu rides in on the first time we see him... oh that makes my day.
Old 2006-02-04, 02:04   Link #13
Taylor--
!

Well I'll be ordering it soon, everyone post their friend codes so we can get some non-laggy wifi action going :P
Old 2006-02-04, 06:01   Link #14
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I'm waiting till March and getting my copy along with the DS Lite.

Oh and if anyone is interested somebody setup a meeting channel for Bleach DS.

irc.rizon.net
#bleach_ds

Last edited by Sety; 2006-02-04 at 06:30.
Old 2006-02-06, 18:06   Link #15
Taylor--
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
I'm waiting till March and getting my copy along with the DS Lite.

Oh and if anyone is interested somebody setup a meeting channel for Bleach DS.

irc.rizon.net
#bleach_ds
That's a really good idea, I'll be sure to use the channel when I have the game.
Old 2006-02-12, 13:57   Link #16
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg4lI5aUkI8

For those curious on how it plays normally, heres a good video of some characters in action

First battle is Bonnie vs Yachiru vs Tatsuki vs Kon

Second is Hollow Ichigo vs Mayuri vs Komamura vs Yamamoto
Old 2006-02-13, 13:36   Link #17
Eandia

This game just looks better and better the more I see, might just order the game to have something to look at while I wait for the DS Lite to be released.

Sety, you wouldn't possibly know if bankai are useable in online mode?
Old 2006-02-14, 18:58   Link #18
Taylor--
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eandia
This game just looks better and better the more I see, might just order the game to have something to look at while I wait for the DS Lite to be released.

Sety, you wouldn't possibly know if bankai are useable in online mode?
I'm pretty certain that they are... why wouldn't they?
Old 2006-02-15, 04:31   Link #19
Eandia

Because some of them cover alot of ground even as much as the whole screen and it would be kind of cheaty to able to use that on 4 people constricted to a small screen. Aside from that, some bankai look to be made for only 1 field stages or certain stages, like komamuras kokujoutengenmyouou.

Aside from that, I have so far never seen an online match where bankais have been used.
Old 2006-02-15, 05:56   Link #20
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Actually Bankai are avoidable, its just one of these things that take more skill or lots of guard cancelling..........a suggestion though is if your a first timer playing online DON'T play with cards enabled, theres an option to disable them.

Some players are extremely lethal using cards and can literally 10 second KO you using them. Play online with cards later when your better at building decks.

Bankai are usuable alright its just you need to build up alot of Reiatsu to use them, most of the time things get so hectic you rarely get a chance to go Bankai. Also in card enabled matches you'll be seeing alot more Bankai's being used as there are cards to give you a automatic Bankai.
Closed Thread