Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-11, 08:18   Link #21
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Aah. I've been pronouncing it with "x-x-x" all this time.
LOL same here! ^^;; Only now I understood the XXX. When I watched the anime I thought they meant, uhm, people who are in mysterious stuff since XXX is a symbol of mystry or whatever...

I liked the anime. Good music, nice story pace and the seiyuu's are great.

I like Mokona!! Cute. :3

I dislike Yuuko... meanie.

CLAMP 4EVA!!111!![/fangirl]
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 08:27   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, it seems like they're leaving out the Tsubasa part of the story.. a good idea imo 'cause it's already happened in the Manga.. and even more so in Tsubasa anime/manga/movies.

Maybe it mgiht appear, but for now i like the idea of it being missed out.
Old 2006-04-11, 09:02   Link #23
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Hmm, it seems like they're leaving out the Tsubasa part of the story.. a good idea imo 'cause it's already happened in the Manga.. and even more so in Tsubasa anime/manga/movies.

Maybe it mgiht appear, but for now i like the idea of it being missed out.
They are not even close to the Tsubasa part of the story. That happens at the end of vol1 and they barely covered 1/2 of Vol 1. (Although it appears they did add in Mokona early.)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 09:05   Link #24
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
And I thought Ohara Sayaka as Yuuko was a wonderful voice. She was Bel-Peol in Shana (not sure if that's the best way to refer to the character, since I haven't watched the whole show), as well as Raquel Casull in Scrapped Princess, Alicia in ARIA, and Uchida in Noein.
You should add a page on her as well on your site

Although it appears her voice work is concentrated on a single type [older girlfriend, similar to Inoue Kikuko's Belldandy] she has also done Kaledostar's Layla Hamilton. Here's she owned every single scene she was in by projecting both her will and drive. If that is not showstealing then I don't know what is.

So yes, good to have her finally play a full lead as Yuuko the dimension witch. You will need someone who can alternately be frivoulous as well as painfully direct when hell literally breaks loose.

On the core of this show. It appears that there is a contradiction when Yuuko says that there are no coincidences, only inevitability and then says that a person is still free to choose. I take this that the event is inevitable, but what I do is very well my own. Think about this if ever the situation arises, only I can choose to live or die and xxxholic presents this dilemma very well.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 09:19   Link #25
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbaloom
xxxholic.tv

Private Registration - Make personal information for this domain private
- Make this site secure
- Become a trusted Web Site
Registrant: Make this info private
FUNimation Productions, Ltd.
6851 NE Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76180
US

Domain Name: XXXHOLIC.TV

Looks pretty conclusive to me unless someone wants to argue :E

-gumbaloom
We normally treat domain registrations as rumours in our License Database (see previous examples such as Beck, Prince of Tennis). Looks like we should have xxxHolic in that list as well.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 11:17   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
They are not even close to the Tsubasa part of the story. That happens at the end of vol1 and they barely covered 1/2 of Vol 1. (Although it appears they did add in Mokona early.)
I know its at the end of the volume - but just look how the black Mokona appeared in the anime, and i can't see the Holic anime having anything to do with any CLAMP works.. though i hope it shall - Hopefully the back story of Clow Reed.
Old 2006-04-11, 12:18   Link #27
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
We normally treat domain registrations as rumours in our License Database (see previous examples such as Beck, Prince of Tennis). Looks like we should have xxxHolic in that list as well.
The excerpt from that ANN press release about Clamp coming to Ax is what makes me think it's conclusive. They didn't say movie there at all so that made me think tv series :| .

-gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 17:23   Link #28
Gryff
England ~_~

Just watched the first ep, it seems like a non-generic series so I'll definately take a look at a few more eps.

A lot of stuff I've seen so far of the new season has been much lower age bracket target than what I normally like ~_~
Gryff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 19:31   Link #29
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I know its at the end of the volume - but just look how the black Mokona appeared in the anime, and i can't see the Holic anime having anything to do with any CLAMP works.. though i hope it shall - Hopefully the back story of Clow Reed.
I'll bet they brought Mokona in early because they know everyone loves Mokona. They can still have the white mokona sitting in the store room and do the intersection. (There are multiple cross points anyway... so they may skip a few of them.)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 19:50   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, thats true - and you're about everyone loving the Mokona's.. just look at the ED video. ^^;
Old 2006-04-12, 02:18   Link #31
iceyfw

its... interesting but ill give it 2 more episodes before i decide to either skim through every episode or stop watching it.

black monoka rules
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 13:43   Link #32
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
I never readf the manga but it always looked interesting to me so I downloaded the first episode right away.

Well, for a first episode it seems fairly acceptable, the story seems interesting so I'll follow this to see what happens.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 13:45   Link #33
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

This series ever so slightly scared me. It was unnerving, at any rate.
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 17:32   Link #34
raspberihevn

Send a message via AIM to raspberihevn
Um~ can we have a "xxxHolic avatar" thread? I really like the ending Makona =) it would be so nice if someone can make a gif of it ^-^
raspberihevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 17:36   Link #35
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I saw the first episode. I like the quirky and silly, albeit sometimes a bit exaggerated, humor this series contains. The darker tone of this series also has me interested. So the show has to balance and mix in the right combination of these two contrasting flavors. Otherwise, it feels awkward. For example in epsiode 01, when the girl was possessed by that spirit, Mokona was in the background yelling out for takoyaki in silliness. That kind of conflicted with the mood of that scene. Oh well. I've been thinking of reading the xxxHolic manga, but I never got around to it. I think I'll borrow it from my cousin the next time I'm over at her house. I know she has a few volumes of it laying around somewhere in her room...
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 18:15   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberihevn
Um~ can we have a "xxxHolic avatar" thread? I really like the ending Makona =) it would be so nice if someone can make a gif of it ^-^
I'm sure you could go ask here - http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Otherwise, it feels awkward. For example in epsiode 01, when the girl was possessed by that spirit, Mokona was in the background yelling out for takoyaki in silliness. That kind of conflicted with the mood of that scene. Oh well.
That kind of thing happens a lot on the xxxHolic manga and its something i'm really used too.. its hard to explain how it just works for me.
Old 2006-04-13, 16:08   Link #37
dxgarten

Episode 2 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:

Last edited by dxgarten; 2006-04-13 at 17:38.
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 16:51   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

All i can say is.. yay for Doumeki~
Old 2006-04-13, 17:21   Link #39
mp3chan
Junior, I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
LOL same here! ^^;; Only now I understood the XXX. When I watched the anime I thought they meant, uhm, people who are in mysterious stuff since XXX is a symbol of mystry or whatever...
I've always thought that xxx is meant to be crossover. It's not pronounced though.
Spoiler:
mp3chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 17:33   Link #40
Omniscient

Episode 02 Screencaps

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen