2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.49%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-10, 12:45   Link #401
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
You made it seem like Kallen was the only one fighting him. Note that it is a war. Meaning that everybody has guns. If he were to run away, he would still have to "run" from the barrage of gun fire coming from ships, bots, etc. Guilford and Orange-kun is as equal of a threat. Suzaku's bass ship was being assaulted by Toudo too. He is in a pinch.
You're talking about the guy who outran and spin-kicked a camera-mounted machine gun attachment with a lag time of 0.05 seconds. How bad could it get for him?

Joking aside, perhaps he WAS indeed in a pinch, the main gist is that I wasn't SEEING it. Besides, he WAS basically fighting only Kallen, Gino had Guilford and Orange covered. Like I said, I'd have much preferred if he was already grabbed by Kallen, or in the case you brought up, being cornered by her, Guilford and Orange all at once....
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:47   Link #402
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Perhaps. That somewhat makes sense. Another strike against Nina, perhaps?
In a way. It's as much as a strike to Nina as it is to Lelouch and Suzaku though.

Suzaku was perfectly in a position (( of power )) to refuse using Freija in any form whatsoever. It's not like he needs to obey Schniezel or Nina, considering that the Emperor is already available and en route.

Lelouch, being the whole 'plans, conditions, etc' guy should've noted Suzaku's threat, his live geass, Jeremiah's availability of a canceler among other things, but he let himself be too consumed by his hate to Suzaku to rationalize the dangers he's bringing Nunnally.

And Nina... was well... Nina, as usual.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:49   Link #403
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Name one person other than Suzaku who didn't think Shirley's death was suicide?
Kallen Kozuki. Did I win a prize for my answer?
Old 2008-08-10, 12:54   Link #404
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Kallen Kozuki. Did I win a prize for my answer?
Yes but she didn't blame it on zero so uh here's a cookie anyways for proving technically wrong.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:02   Link #405
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
He dodged and got clear. There was no reason why he couldn't make a run for it. It wasn't a "use FREIJA and live, or die" situation, at least the way it looked to me.
Under geass control he did the most natural thing: he shot back with the only weapon left...
Well, that's only my point of view
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:11   Link #406
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-FAN View Post
hey, do you thinks that Nina can be Happy after of watch that her bomb is very efective?
Nina has had her bomb used, expect her to die soon. Suzaku's Lelouch type evil laugh in the extended preview was great, had to figure a breakdown on his part was coming soon, now he has killed/MIA Nunnally, which was his last deep connection aside from Cecile.

Kallen's tears could be from not only Nunnally's death, but who knows what Lelouch might say to her in his current mental state. The preview shows that Cornelia does in fact go to Schneizel, and that is Charles with the Code mark on his hand.

Some final thoughts on the episode:

Anybody see Lelouch's wicked keyboard typing when he was fighting Bradley?

Kallen's return to the battlefield is something I can never get tired of watching, especially picking apart of the Lancelot.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:14   Link #407
Kusaja

Not that this is going to change anything, but while I did enjoy the episode, it was certainly a bit sloppier than what I would have preferred. 7.5-8/10.

And since I'm otherwise fairly bored...why not argue a bit.

Quote:
1) OMG Sutherland-Sieg is fugly, didn't have the same level of awesome that characterized the original Siegfried. It's just a personal opinion though, and has nothing to do with my overall misgivings. At least the 'yuck' didn't extend to its pilot though....Orange FTW.
I think it's ugly too, even though the Siegfried wasn't exactly pretty to begin with, but that's indeed a matter of personal taste. No problems with Jeremiah himself however.

Quote:
2) In the end Lelouch didn't seem to have a contingency plan for the possibility of Rolo assassinating Nunnally after all; I never saw a single sign that there were any plans for it, up until the moment the FREIJA went boom. Although the latter made the point moot, it still looks like the kind of oversight one could never see R1's Lelouch make.
Lelouch doesn't know why Rolo truly killed Shirley, since he only heard that it was to "protect the secret" of his identity and what not. Enough to make him distrust Rolo and want to dispose of him even more, but not necessarily enough to make him believe Rolo would go kill Nunnally. There's been no sign of that particular animosity, at least not in Lelouch's eyes. The audience knows this very well, but not the protagonist.

As for oversights, big and small, the first season's Lelouch wasn't beyond them.

Quote:
3) Guren SEITEN Eight-Extremities Type......-_-". Apart from looking more like a TTGL Ganmen than a Code Geass KMF, it performs more like a Super Robot now too. I actually liked R1's battle choreography since even the ace mecha at the time weren't THAT overpowered, but now....I guess Sunrise can't resist the temptation to turn Code Geass into the Tech Wars all over again.
I'm not surprised, considering how much new technology has already been introduced in both seasons of the show up to this point. I would have preferred if it had been done more gradually, as I did enjoy the more ground-based battles in season one, but by now I don't really mind that the show has gone in a different direction. I just enjoy it on a different level.

And well...overpowered Real Robot is what I'd call it and a whole bunch of unique KMFs we've seen lately plus those we may see in the future. Super Robots tend to have a whole bunch of other attributes (powered by spirit, sheer willpower, controlled by the pilot's emotions, etc. ), not just raw power and excessive abilities, though the line does blur and I can see why some people reach that conclusion.

Quote:
4) Worst of all, Live Geass != have to launch FREIJA. I wouldn't have any cause for complaint if Kallen had basically grabbed Suzaku and was about to microwave him, but he was already out of the way and could have beat a retreat in order to fulfill the Live Geass. Last time I recall, the Live Geass didn't necessarily translate into a Kill Everyone Even If You Don't Have To Geass. I realise it was to make Nunnally's "exit stage left" epic, but it just strikes me as a cheap way to off her.
I actually didn't have a problem with this, since he didn't have much of a chance of successfully running away without at least distracting Kallen, and the nuke pretty much did that, after Nina's urging and all.

But if I had to point out a flaw...the sequence has less animation than it would have required to be fully convincing, maybe. In fact, the whole episode used most of its animation up on the mecha scenes, and not all of them evenly.

Quote:
I've been rewatching R1 the last few days, and compared to that, R2 has been underwhelming....especially this episode.
I would agree with the basic idea, but not to the point of not liking R2 or anything. I still think the last few episodes and even this one are pretty good, even if not as much as they could have been.

Quote:
Well, I guess with this that people are going to a) neg me for daring to criticize Code Geass and/or b) for the likes of the more honorable types like KrimzonStriker, attempt to convince me that I'm not being fair in my criticisms. I'm just going to sit back and see what gives.
It's not a matter of "convincing", just talking.

If you honestly don't like something, the chances of your opinion completely changing are relatively low, even if a good point is made. And likewise, even if you make a good point, that won't really change too many people's opinions on the show either, if they still like it.

Not everyone has to think like absolute Geass-loving/hating robots, there's plenty of room for other opinions.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:14   Link #408
vio5555

Quote:
You're talking about the guy who outran and spin-kicked a camera-mounted machine gun attachment with a lag time of 0.05 seconds. How bad could it get for him?

Joking aside, perhaps he WAS indeed in a pinch, the main gist is that I wasn't SEEING it. Besides, he WAS basically fighting only Kallen, Gino had Guilford and Orange covered. Like I said, I'd have much preferred if he was already grabbed by Kallen, or in the case you brought up, being cornered by her, Guilford and Orange all at once....
I may be missing it but I think the way the live geass works is something based on his perception of the situation. He needs to think he's going to die for it to activate at the right moment.

Whether the situation is actually life or death for him is up to debate since you're probably right that he might be able to escape.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:16   Link #409
dee32

This ep. was a 10+ it left me wondering who the hell will be living and who will die after Fleija went off. Fleija is something I hope never ever gets invented in the real world. This weapon is far worst than any nuclear bomb and the thing is its was only a small one. Imagine if it was nuclear warhead size it would have easily taken out all of Tokyo. I hope the UFN declares a ban on such weapons. I hope Nina dies a really really...horrible death. Look now she possible just killed Nunnally and millions of Japanese and Britannian citizens just so she could see Zero die. I wonder how she's going to live with the fact that she possible killed the younger sister of her beloved princess Euphie.

Suzaka is suck a dum a**, even if the live geass activated there were other options than using Fleija. Even if it hit Zero or Kallen millions still would have died. Yes he would have taken them out and good chunk of the surrounding area still would have been taken out as well.

I hope Nunnally and Sayoko are alive. If Nunnally had some kind of geass I hoped she used it to save her and Sayoko lives. The sad part was when Guilford died saving Zero who he tought was his princess. I would have liked them to see each other before he died. I really doubt that Cornelia will now join with Zero once she hears what happen to Guilford. Now there is only one Glaston Knight remaining I hope he lives till the end of the series.

Last edited by dee32; 2008-08-10 at 13:27.
dee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:17   Link #410
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Lelouch does have some skills for his Starcraft micro typing skills and apm. XD
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:19   Link #411
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, dee, all the FLEIYA destroyed was the government building. At most, that's a few hundred Britannian lives lost, not millions of Brits and Japanese dead.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:30   Link #412
El_Negro
Smurfee

That's good, not 10 million Japanese dying, it could b 10 million Britiannians, but we don't know so we can't approximate.

On a good note:

Glad that sorry S.O.B. got killed, ha! ha! dumbass KoR #10, don't f**K with the ACE, I loved the part when Kallen asked him the same question he does before he brutally kills his enemies.

To bad for the Valkyrie Squad (They really looked cute & from the looks of it one of them is Kewell's sister, looks like she gets to see her brother in the afterlife after all and by the same person who send him too).

Damn, sucks that Suzaku had to use it, he shouldn't of gave up like that accepting his atonement, he should've just escaped from Kallen's final blow when he had the chance but he didn't and in doing that he succumbed to the "Live" command. What's done is done,
can't wait for the next episode, to bad it's so damn far, a week is totally unfair.
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:32   Link #413
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Another lamenter of the Valkyires...I lament with you! They needed more time...or, at least, we should have just have had Wards, not them, tie them up. And they were cute...
Old 2008-08-10, 13:35   Link #414
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Don't know if this has been said but Suzaku warned Lelouch he had a tactical WMD and Lelouch through his arrogance didn't back down. Last time that happened... well alotta people died IRL ;\.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:40   Link #415
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

I would've preferred it if Lelouch screamed out for Guilford instead.

I know I did.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:42   Link #416
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Well, dee, all the FLEIYA destroyed was the government building. At most, that's a few hundred Britannian lives lost, not millions of Brits and Japanese dead.
Well Zeroes distrubers prevented nunnally and a lot of people from escaping

Eitherway this like the euphie incident was a tragic accident
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:44   Link #417
Dream_Traveller
Banned

They were all destroyed. If they weren't, Nunnally and Sayoko would definitely be dead, and the city wouldn't have gotten its electricity and all else back mid-fight.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:45   Link #418
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post

They were both Lelouch's fault although both faults were complete and utter mistakes. I feel sorry for Lelouch he has finally lost everything dear to him.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:46   Link #419
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post

They could've escaped since power came back, the Gefun Disturbers were momentary, but Nunnally dying would be good development plot-wise.

What will Zero do now that one of his main reasons were killed off?
Old 2008-08-10, 13:47   Link #420
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
I would've preferred it if Lelouch screamed out for Guilford instead.

I know I did.
That would sound gay