AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-06-22, 12:31   Link #41
yongshun

I suspect that Mio will have a change of heart and finally start to find a reason to be happy and to not hide behind her cold demeanor.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 12:56   Link #42
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Think That too..I'v Seen Story Like Mio Story..It Become Like This..Or The Girl Die >_<

It Got to be one of these two Ending ..>_<
Old 2008-06-24, 09:52   Link #43
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

How popular is the manga in Japan?
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 11:42   Link #44
yongshun

It must be popular enough for them to make an anime adaptation and that it is still an on-going series. At lest I think so anyway.
Old 2008-07-02, 20:35   Link #45
nanafan
horo fan

that would be cool to see dark moon as an anime or in the show, kyoko was really good as mio
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:20   Link #46
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
that would be cool to see dark moon as an anime or in the show, kyoko was really good as mio
Through her acting methodology I would say that Kyoko is a character actor just lik Ren.
Old 2008-07-06, 19:15   Link #47
nanafan
horo fan

what you mean?
Old 2008-07-06, 19:44   Link #48
yongshun

They both become the person they are acting.
Old 2008-07-06, 19:51   Link #49
nanafan
horo fan

oh yeah i see, lol that makes sense
Old 2008-07-06, 20:34   Link #50
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
They both become the person they are acting.
That What Got me More Interested in Their Acting...
Old 2008-07-11, 19:22   Link #51
Shimizu
Kawaii Shojo

man, I just wrote A NOVEL on how much I like this series, why, my opinions on the anime, questions I have, and it got erased!!!!!! AAAHHHHH! so this will have to be shorter. (sob...)

Skip-beat is the first manga i ever read, and it is currently my favorite! I absolutely love the drawing style, except for how sometimes, things are misproportioned... The series seems to drag on a little bit, but there is a lot of detail, the storyine and characters feel well developed. It's just really hard to wait for the next volume, so sometimes i want more to happen per chapter! I just found out about the anime release reading over this thread, and it's so exciting for me! I'm probably not going to watch it until I finish the manga, just to insure that I have the best reading experience possible! its gonna be hard to restrain myself though... They better get a good voice actor for Kyoko, that's true, her voice will be hard to do, since she is so extreme sometimes. Or else somebody is getting hate mail! (not nakamura of course) This is really a different Shojo, ive never seen anything like it. Nakamura must have a strange imagination... Does any readers of Skip-Beat here like Onegai Teacher? I'm not trying to be off track, but I have a theory...
Skip Beat doesn't have the usual perfect, overly nice guy that exists in so many romantic manga/anime. They all have their problems, which makes them feel more real. Having realistic characters is really something important for an enjoyable manga/anime. In my opinion... I'm not all that experienced... I love the personality and situation of the main character, and Lory always made me laugh. Tsuruga is a great character too, he really creates most of the emotional depth of the story. It is so intense sometimes, even though there's no violence. I love Skip-Beat to pieces!!!

wow, looking at that sort-of paragraph, it is really disconnected. Sorry, I was trying to summarize what i wrote before (four times the above length), while rushing because my mom is forcing me away from the computer, so It doesn't really make any sense... But skip-beat is a great manga, and I would recommend it to any Shojo luvers!!!
Shimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 06:24   Link #52
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

It Seem There is talk about Skip Beat Also Gonna Be Drama ...is it True ?
Old 2008-09-05, 18:58   Link #53
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
It Seem There is talk about Skip Beat Also Gonna Be Drama ...is it True ?
If they do I hope they make a Mr. Boo that looks like it was ripped from the manga.
Old 2008-09-15, 18:02   Link #54
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

I'm so late on this xD

But yeah, when I heard that the Skip Beat anime was announced, I took interest in the series again ( that and every other shoujo fanatic kept on bragging about the awesome-ness of the manga )

And after volume 4, I think I'm safe to say I'm a fan now.
I didn't hate it before but the first 3 books didn't click for me. It was interesting but the comedy got on my nerves. It was kinda dry and so much was happening X___x

But man, volume 4 was HILARIOUS. I truely laughed at the whole chicken suit scenario. And I finally like Ren. Before I just thought he was a hot stud with a bleak personality but it was really nice to see that side of him.

Of course Sho's a jerk lol.
I'm really liking this series now.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 07:23   Link #55
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyCupCakes View Post
I'm so late on this xD

But yeah, when I heard that the Skip Beat anime was announced, I took interest in the series again ( that and every other shoujo fanatic kept on bragging about the awesome-ness of the manga )

And after volume 4, I think I'm safe to say I'm a fan now.
I didn't hate it before but the first 3 books didn't click for me. It was interesting but the comedy got on my nerves. It was kinda dry and so much was happening X___x

But man, volume 4 was HILARIOUS. I truely laughed at the whole chicken suit scenario. And I finally like Ren. Before I just thought he was a hot stud with a bleak personality but it was really nice to see that side of him.

Of course Sho's a jerk lol.
I'm really liking this series now.
Welcome

In a few more volumes, you'll probably like Ren a bit more - since some of his actions earlier on in the series are explained from his point of view.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 23:21   Link #56
yongshun

damn I need to read my copy of volume 13 that I have sitting in my living room.
Old 2008-09-17, 00:57   Link #57
BleachOD
Banned

I love this manga! When I first started this series I didn't care for it. A good friend kept saying read it read it. I put aside for the wall flower. I happen to sneak to the bookstore and bought volumes 4 and 5. Then I was hooked!

At first I was not feeling Rin at all but some where along the line he began to tug at my heart strings.

My fave characters are Kyoko of course and Shou. <--Guy cracks me up. He's REALLY HOT too I ship primarily RenxKyouko but I am not adverse to Kyoko xShou. 128 chapters later...and I am still hooked. I can't wait till it's animated! I just hope the seiyuu for Rin is good match.
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 10:41   Link #58
HmR.kS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
Read the first volume so far, it's growing on me ^^.

For those who haven't heard of it yet-
Plot coutesy of Viz / manga updates:

Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous! Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!
Nice summary of the synopsis. Casting out a girlfriend when he made it big! Definitely something I don't want to miss!

But is there an anime for it? I'd pick anime over manga anytime. Heh. Love the voices and animation.
HmR.kS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 01:25   Link #59
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HmR.kS View Post
...But is there an anime for it?...
The anime starts being broadcast in Japan on Sunday, October 5. I've read the manga up to date and I still can't wait.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 05:26   Link #60
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by HmR.kS View Post
Nice summary of the synopsis. Casting out a girlfriend when he made it big! Definitely something I don't want to miss!

But is there an anime for it? I'd pick anime over manga anytime. Heh. Love the voices and animation.
The anime thread is here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67805
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shoujo