Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2010-04-07, 21:38   Link #1481
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
I am looking for a name of the song from the end of the movie Blade 2. When he comes out the pool of blood to fight those vampires.
I think you're looking for "Name of The Game" by Crystal Method.
ElvenPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 11:34   Link #1482
RiderLeangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderLeangle View Post
Sorry for double posting and asking again.. but I was given this but I have no clue what it is. could someone tell me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOTZqNkjcVc
Still hunting for that.

And I guess I'll see if anyone here knows since a bunch of people on the site where I was given that song. Does anyone know what the song they used for the background music is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2aX4avOAYU
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 22:50   Link #1483
Seripha
Dango,Dango,Dango........

Send a message via AIM to Seripha Send a message via MSN to Seripha
I need to know what this song is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG-evw7lEsk

Sorry for such a bad quality video, but I had to record it off my computer. I realllly don't know what song it is, I found it on msn live plus as a sound clip. :/ It's driving me crazy because I really like it.
Old 2010-04-15, 08:20   Link #1484
tenrai

Hello everyone,

I posted a request to identify a song here two years ago, but back then no one could identify it. I still haven't been able to, so I'm posting it again in the hope of someone recognizing it this time.
A few years ago I downloaded a piece of anime music that - I believe - had the title of Ayashi no Ceres - Blue Forest. I liked that song but since then I have lost it and I'm now unable to find it again since:
1. I have listened through the whole Ayashi no Ceres soundtrack and it's not there.
2. I have listened to a song named Blue Forest and that's not it.
It's possible that I remember the song title wrong, and it's also very possible that it had the wrong title from the start, as this has happened before. Anyway, I made a MIDI version of the song. Just imagine when the main melody starts, that there are women's voices singing it.
http://www.badongo.com/file/7988744

Thanks!
tenrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 10:04   Link #1485
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Do you know which language they were singing in, or what instruments played during the piece? Do you know that it's a piece of an anime soundtrack, or could it be something else as well?
Old 2010-04-17, 08:53   Link #1486
tenrai

The song was wordless, just like "naaa nanananananaa" or "laa la la la lala laaa". There were also several voices. In the very beginning it sounds like a harp or something, but probably just a guitar with arpeggiated chords. Then comes in another voice, like a melody played with guitar. And after that the women's voices.
What I know is that I had this song on my computer some years ago, together with other anime soundtrack. And I'm rather sure that it said Ayashi no Ceres and something, but it's clear that it's not part of that soundtrack, so I guess it could just be anything. Which makes it all the more difficult of course.
Old 2010-04-17, 12:45   Link #1487
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
Hi guys, looking for a song found in Darker Than Black S1, it's from episode 19 at 08:37 -> 10:15. I've gone through most soundtracks from DTB but I can't find it... I'm also looking for the song right after 10:15, the one that starts at 10:44. I'd be thrilled if anyone knew anything about them... Are they released? Thanks in advance :-)

- Liwyn
Old 2010-04-17, 15:01   Link #1488
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenrai View Post
The song was wordless, just like "naaa nanananananaa" or "laa la la la lala laaa". There were also several voices. In the very beginning it sounds like a harp or something, but probably just a guitar with arpeggiated chords. Then comes in another voice, like a melody played with guitar. And after that the women's voices.
What I know is that I had this song on my computer some years ago, together with other anime soundtrack. And I'm rather sure that it said Ayashi no Ceres and something, but it's clear that it's not part of that soundtrack, so I guess it could just be anything. Which makes it all the more difficult of course.
I don't know, to me it has a few similarities to your midi and it somehow fits your description, but the beginning sounds very different. Anyway, maybe this is what you're looking for:
Old 2010-04-18, 15:42   Link #1489
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Hey guys and gals,

i have a request... its from a old series, Rahxephon
i am after the name of the tune/melody that quon use, the one that goes "La la-laaa"

well i'm really after the trace/house version, for some reason i remembered back to my clubbing days and remember hearing this song

hope you can help
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 16:31   Link #1490
tenrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I don't know, to me it has a few similarities to your midi and it somehow fits your description, but the beginning sounds very different. Anyway, maybe this is what you're looking for:
Sorry, that is not the song. But thank you very much for taking your time!
Old 2010-04-22, 08:32   Link #1491
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

http://z0r.de/104

know the song in this flash?
Old 2010-04-25, 18:05   Link #1492
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure King
Hey guys and gals,

i have a request... its from a old series, Rahxephon
i am after the name of the tune/melody that quon use, the one that goes "La la-laaa"

well i'm really after the trace/house version, for some reason i remembered back to my clubbing days and remember hearing this song

hope you can help
The tune she sings is by Alexander Borodin, from one of his Polovtsian Dances; it's mostly famous for being the basis of the song "Stranger in Paradise", but there's been a million and one versions of it and it's used in loads of anime. The only trance version I can think of is in DDR and was used as the opening theme for the PS2 game Oz/Sword of Etheria, but I doubt that's what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero
http://z0r.de/104

know the song in this flash?
It's Lovers Soul, by D&D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrai[/quote
Hello everyone,

I posted a request to identify a song here two years ago, but back then no one could identify it. I still haven't been able to, so I'm posting it again in the hope of someone recognizing it this time.
A few years ago I downloaded a piece of anime music that - I believe - had the title of Ayashi no Ceres - Blue Forest. I liked that song but since then I have lost it and I'm now unable to find it again since:
1. I have listened through the whole Ayashi no Ceres soundtrack and it's not there.
2. I have listened to a song named Blue Forest and that's not it.
It's possible that I remember the song title wrong, and it's also very possible that it had the wrong title from the start, as this has happened before. Anyway, I made a MIDI version of the song. Just imagine when the main melody starts, that there are women's voices singing it.
http://www.badongo.com/file/7988744
I'm just trying to download the MIDI now. I SUSPECT that this song may have been labelled as being from Angel Sanctuary (as that's the only reference I can find to a song called Blue Forest on the English anime-related Web) but Angel Sanctuary music suffered from being completely randomly titled or even completely mislabelled - there's a long standing issue where Voices from Macross Plus has been mistaken for a non-existent song from Angel Sanctuary called Cries In The Dark (normally attributed to Maaya Sakamoto, who had nothing to do with Angel Sanctuary...)

I'll have a listen to the Angel Sanctuary soundtrack and see if I can work out if it's on there.

EDIT: it's this song, right? http://fanfiction.webovastranka.cz/file/229/558 (click the play button). No idea if it's actually from Angel Sanctuary - can't find it on the OVA soundtrack and there's no Blue Forest or 青い森 listed on the drama CDs as far as I can see, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not related.
EDIT 2: got it! It's not actually from an anime. "Blue Forest" is a song by Kuroyuri Shimai, who are the vocalists of "Sanctus" on the Angel Sanctuary OVA soundtrack. It's on their "Hoshi no Hitomi" album from 1999.

So the reason no-one could tell you what the song was is because it's not from an anime at all!

Last edited by BluWacky; 2010-04-25 at 18:39.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 11:07   Link #1493
tenrai

Oh my God BluWacky! You are the best! You found it!
It's been so many years since I heard it... :'(

So it was related to Angel Sanctuary... That's also an anime that I watched at that time, but I also searched through that soundtrack (and thought that the song Sanctus sounded similar to it) I couldn't find it.

So, this is THE song!
Blue Forest

Thank you so much, now I can focus on more important, sensible things!
Old 2010-04-28, 08:56   Link #1494
kai0n7

Need help identifying a song...

Hi everyone,

I got this song off of an old Son May compilation CD... the track list had it as "Ghost in the Shell/Opening", but I'm pretty sure it's incorrect. I believe the song is from a show or movie that was released/ran in 1996.

Anyways, here's a sample of the song. If anyone can help me figure out the title and what show it came from, I'd really appreciate it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0B6Y48DI
kai0n7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 18:05   Link #1495
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai0n7 View Post
Hi everyone,

I got this song off of an old Son May compilation CD... the track list had it as "Ghost in the Shell/Opening", but I'm pretty sure it's incorrect. I believe the song is from a show or movie that was released/ran in 1996.

Anyways, here's a sample of the song. If anyone can help me figure out the title and what show it came from, I'd really appreciate it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0B6Y48DI
The song's called "Mirai e no Yakusoku" by Saeko Higuchi and it's sort of from the Ghost in the Shell film. It's an "image song" that was used in various trailers for its cinematic release and I believe it was released on a special CD given to those who booked tickets in advance (although that may be my mistranslation of Japanese Wikipedia) - however, it's used nowhere in the film.

You can hear it in use on these trailers.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 23:12   Link #1496
kai0n7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
The song's called "Mirai e no Yakusoku" by Saeko Higuchi and it's sort of from the Ghost in the Shell film. It's an "image song" that was used in various trailers for its cinematic release and I believe it was released on a special CD given to those who booked tickets in advance (although that may be my mistranslation of Japanese Wikipedia) - however, it's used nowhere in the film.

You can hear it in use on these trailers.
Thanks, I really appreciate the info.
kai0n7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 23:12   Link #1497
RiderLeangle

song that's bugging me because I swear I know it..
http://rapidshare.com/files/37486321...ge2Themep2.mp3
http://rapidshare.com/files/37491132...Themepart2.mp3
(Both are the same song, I just don't know which is easier to hear it better).
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 17:08   Link #1498
Kazu
Flowing

Does anyone know this song from star wars episode 3 it plays right before
Anakin fights Obi Wan I like the part that plays right after Obi wan takes off his giant coat
Old 2010-05-04, 05:52   Link #1499
ZoboCamel

Does anybody know the name of the song playing at the end of episode 24 of Love Hina? Not Hajimari wa Kokokara, which is the ED for that episode; I mean the one playing as the others look for Keitaro. I've looked through lists of OSTs for the series, I've googled the lyrics, and I haven't been able to find it.

Any help would be appreciated.
ZoboCamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 12:35   Link #1500
Woopzilla
Desensitized

^ I think you might be looking for Yui Horie - Yakusoku.

Tags
anime, j-pop, j-rock, japanese, music, ost, sings, song