AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-02, 04:13   Link #3041
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
It's a free country.

Or were you going to force me to keep something so stupid (and small, and otherwise worthless when it comes to the pieces you want) just to prove I had it? That's sick.
Thank you for making an argument that has nothing to do with what I said, acting like I said it, and then disagreeing with it.

I'd point out the obvious...that the only known copy of even a part of the movie, regardless of quality, certainly wasn't worthless (and still isn't, at least in trying to determine how much of the footage was changed for the DVD, if at all).

But yeah...since I never really believed you had it, I wasn't counting on your help, really.

Oh, and Renato chimed in on MW...saying he doesn't remember very well...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/inde...dpost&p=937839
Old 2011-11-02, 04:15   Link #3042
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Thank you for making an argument that has nothing to do with what I said, acting like I said it, and then disagreeing with it.

I'd point out the obvious...that the only known copy of even a part of the movie, regardless of quality, certainly wasn't worthless (and still isn't, at least in trying to determine how much of the footage was changed for the DVD, if at all).

But yeah...since I never really believed you had it, I wasn't counting on your help, really.

Oh, and Renato chimed in on MW...saying he doesn't remember very well...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/inde...dpost&p=937839
No, all of you are saying that I should've kept a small piece of crap like that on my laptop and posted it just to prove I had it. You know, what I do with my stuff is my own business. I don't have to share it if I don't want to. And I didn't want to share it or keep it. So I got rid of it. End of story. Done. Get over it and move on with your life.
Old 2011-11-02, 04:35   Link #3043
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
No, all of you are saying that I should've kept a small piece of crap like that on my laptop and posted it just to prove I had it. You know, what I do with my stuff is my own business. I don't have to share it if I don't want to. And I didn't want to share it or keep it. So I got rid of it. End of story. Done. Get over it and move on with your life.
No, not just to prove you had it, but to see if the DVD/BD version is different from the theatrical version. Which, surely, is an interesting question for all of us, yes?
Old 2011-11-02, 04:38   Link #3044
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
No, not just to prove you had it, but to see if the DVD/BD version is different from the theatrical version. Which, surely, is an interesting question for all of us, yes?
Not in the beginning. You ALL wanted me to prove I had it by posting it up. Yes, like I care what you really thought at that time or what have you, but I didn't feel like it was worth it nor did I want to post it up.

And as for the scene you are talking about, my memory is fuzzy, but from what I could see of it (I mostly heard the fold and music, confession too), I believe that the Queen vanished first, or most of it anyway, and then the blasts went through, so maybe a quarter second added to the Queen folding in the BD/DVD versions?

I just know that when the blasts hit, I couldn't hear Sheryl screaming due to the loudness knocking out the microphone piece in the phone.
Old 2011-11-02, 04:47   Link #3045
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Not in the beginning. You ALL wanted me to prove I had it by posting it up. Yes, like I care what you really thought at that time or what have you, but I didn't feel like it was worth it nor did I want to post it up.
I never asked you to post it, nor did anyone else. I doubted that you had it, yeah, but that's as far as I went with it.

Anyway, you could've settled the question once and for all, but oh well. Guess we'll all have to wait for others to chime in.
Old 2011-11-02, 04:55   Link #3046
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
I never asked you to post it, nor did anyone else. I doubted that you had it, yeah, but that's as far as I went with it.

Anyway, you could've settled the question once and for all, but oh well. Guess we'll all have to wait for others to chime in.
I just answered your question: the memory is fuzzy (as was the picture) but I believe the Queen was still folding and the blast hit. But they could've added an extra quarter minute in the BD/DVD footage so the Queen folded all the way.

Maybe it didn't look obvious enough in the theatrical version and people asking Kawamori about the scene caused him to add extra seconds to make it become obvious that the fold was successful.

I could be wrong about that last bit, but it is a thought.
Old 2011-11-02, 04:56   Link #3047
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

Raile is a GUY? I'm shocked!
No, she's NOT! How could you even think that?

Old 2011-11-02, 05:42   Link #3048
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
No, she's NOT! How could you even think that?
I guess there was that thing with "meeting my waifu".

And I've been wrong on the account of gender quite a few times in the past. I was near to 100% sure that KiNA was a gal, when he turned out to be a dude.
Old 2011-11-02, 05:55   Link #3049
Zenithlea

I don't really care about the fold to be honest, since I'd already decided that the Queen folded away to safety before I watched the film. My sudden thought is though....

Hey, maybe the Queen folded right out into open space and Alto kicks the bucket from fatal decompression out in space. (cough, of course... that's not what I want to happen - and what the heck, since Kawamori says he's alive out there somewhere, who am I to argue? But it's the wicked bee in my brain.)

Also, I sort of laughed at how Sheryl walking on the holographic platform stage has fire from her steps. Nice way of saying she's hot. XD
Old 2011-11-02, 06:09   Link #3050
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenithlea View Post
I don't really care about the fold to be honest, since I'd already decided that the Queen folded away to safety before I watched the film. My sudden thought is though....

Hey, maybe the Queen folded right out into open space and Alto kicks the bucket from fatal decompression out in space. (cough, of course... that's not what I want to happen - and what the heck, since Kawamori says he's alive out there somewhere, who am I to argue? But it's the wicked bee in my brain.)
Considering that even Ai-Kun, a Vajra larva, got magic hax to protect people from explosive decompression and hard space, it is reasonable to expect that the Vajra queen will be able to do that, too.
Old 2011-11-02, 06:14   Link #3051
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Going back over the 2ch threads now, the first time someone noted that the Queen folded was around 12.45pm on the 26th...
Just correcting myself...orz. The 51st thread on 2ch talking about Sayonara no Tsubasa was linked incorrectly on this archive site...but I finally found it.

On this page, you'll find people on 2ch debating about whether Alto died or folded out from about 10am on the 26th. The rumours about his death started about half an hour earlier, on the 50th thread (which is linked at the top).

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-11-02, 06:45   Link #3052
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Well, she uses that term in a more "gender neutral" way than most people, I guess.

And, so... No one really remembers any difference between the theatrical and home releases of this movie? I mean, there are people who find 1-3 seconds additional scenes whenever a movie comes out on DVD/BD and otakus post comparisons of cosmetic changes (which sometimes amount to a few lines on a character's face or something) about most TV anime released on home-video and yet no fan has made a comparison for this?
What gives? Is 2ch on vacation?

Old 2011-11-02, 07:26   Link #3053
fortune.kookie

Alto could've survived, but then he would've just starve to death afterwards ..
Old 2011-11-02, 07:35   Link #3054
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

And I've been wrong on the account of gender quite a few times in the past. I was near to 100% sure that KiNA was a gal, when he turned out to be a dude.
A lot of people here thought I was female for about four years . I didn't correct a few for the fun of it. I feel Alto's pain, no no one called me Hime.
Old 2011-11-02, 08:07   Link #3055
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
A lot of people here thought I was female for about four years . I didn't correct a few for the fun of it. I feel Alto's pain, no no one called me Hime.
Aaaaawwwww... I'll call you Shiro-hime from now on, 'kay?

Old 2011-11-02, 09:28   Link #3056
Lancel

To Alto he may not have been gone long at all if he folded off. Misa's estimate on fold lag could suggest a value as low as three hours for him.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:18   Link #3057
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
To Alto he may not have been gone long at all if he folded off. Misa's estimate on fold lag could suggest a value as low as three hours for him.
But Fold Faults change everything, right? It could be hours, it could be days... We know that at least a month later, he hadn't returned.

I imagine him turning up and saying, "Man, that was a weird half-hour..." only to find he'd been gone, like, a year or something.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:27   Link #3058
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortune.kookie View Post
Alto could've survived, but then he would've just starve to death afterwards ..
*looks at poster's name, throws him @ alto*

Problem solved.

Quote:
I imagine him turning up and saying, "Man, that was a weird half-hour..." only to find he'd been gone, like, a year or something.
Alto: Whoa! Like... totally, dude!

*Sheryl sitting tearfully beside him*

Alto: *turns* Oh... uh.... hi?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-11-02, 10:28   Link #3059
Zenithlea

Lol, and here I thought Vajra were supposed to be able to navigate through fold faults.
But the whole time fold ratio thing has me a bit confused at the moment as I can't remember Misa's explanation clearly at the moment. But I'd like to think fold technology has made some improvements in the last 50 years.

Quote:
Considering that even Ai-Kun, a Vajra larva, got magic hax to protect people from explosive decompression and hard space, it is reasonable to expect that the Vajra queen will be able to do that, too.
Ah, you're right magnuskn, I forgot about that.

As for Alto starving to death.... that's kind of a sad way to go in my book. Fatal decompression would have been better.

Another thought on the movie. Did anybody else laugh themselves nearly to death at Alto in the goth loli outfit spinning and dancing? (I thought he wore the outfit really well, but I cracked up seeing him do those dance moves behind Ranka)
Old 2011-11-02, 10:32   Link #3060
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

@Beto and Maggy, Gender confusion is fun on the internet...

Speaking of gender confusion...

Gee, Alto. The way you complained about identity issues stemming from your acting in the first movie suddenly has no ounce when I see you twirling around in gothic lolita with a smile. /smh
I prefer Kabuki-hime.

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song