AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 14:48   Link #121
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Good news! TT has a complete set of 720p subs in, I believe, Chinese. I discovered I had downloaded a couple of these back some months ago when I was looking at alternatives to Huzzah. I ran mkvextract on episode ten and pulled the complete video stream, but mplayer displays it at very high speeds. I imagine I can figure out why this is, though any suggestions about how to fix the timings would be helpful. In the meantime I'm downloading the entire batch torrent. At current speeds, though, my torrent client estimates it will take two weeks! Lots of time to find a translator, and a lot better than $hundreds for Blu-rays.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 21:02   Link #122
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I now have the complete set of Chinese subs. The video looks to be of the same high quality as we saw in Huzzah's works. Now if we can find a translator ...
Old 2012-09-16, 20:41   Link #123
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I posted a request for a translator in the staffing thread. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime when I tried to find the now-removed AS page for Hyouge Mono on Google tonight I found to follow this link to the DMCA request filed against this show. Well, the linked page at chillingeffects.org says only that the request "is not yet available," but what is more puzzling is that it was filed by Funimation! I have seen not one iota of evidence that Funi has any intention of licensing this show. I'm guessing they filed the request on behalf of the Japanese studios. I've heard they have been doing that even for shows they do not intend to license themselves. It's possible for someone to act as the agent of the rights holder and file a take-down request, so it might well be legitimate. Still it has to make you wonder what the point of this is. It was the case that NHK sent a C&D to AnimeSuki which resulted in the removal of the listing of Huzzah's subs. Perhaps I need to tread carefully here, though you would think that the JP rights holders would have gone after Huzzah or Koeisub if they were really trying to block access to Hyouge Mono.
Old 2012-09-17, 02:14   Link #124
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I would imagine that the Japanese right holders asked Funi to file it in on their behalf, since I can not imagine them seriously consider licensing and trying to release this series all the while trying to turn a profit. It's not a seller, no matter what way you cut it. A few of us will end buying it, but even then that would just be drops in a bucket.

In any case, thanks SeijiSensei for the effort you are giving to make sure this series sees completion
Old 2012-11-12, 15:02   Link #125
Dop
Mmmm....

Crikey! A wild episode 15 has appeared from a new source, in the usual places.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 17:49   Link #126
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Crikey! A wild episode 15 has appeared from a new source, in the usual places.
Gah! Wow! It is true, it is true!

Seriously hoping this series will be able to be finished up....
Old 2012-11-12, 20:19   Link #127
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Doremi proves their aesthete's taste in anime yet again.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 20:27   Link #128
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Osen's eyes still really creep me out. I noticed that Oda's sibling (?) doesn't have that narrow-eyed look, but she is hardly the demure helpmeet that Osen appears to be.

The whole wireframe business was rather a trip. The direction in this episode felt different than in earlier installments.

So I take it Soueki-dono's one goal in life is to thrust all of Japan into some kind of darkness to match his preferred color scheme? What was wrong with Nobunaga in that role? Or perhaps Soueki felt he couldn't control Nobunaga like he can Hideyoshi? The fact that Soueki could incite those men to burn the tower was truly impressive. I was left with the impression that his whole purpose was to remove the white.

I went back and starting watching again around episode 13 or so to get up to speed with this one. I think now I want to go back farther and watch the plot against Oda unfold again and rewatch the remarkable assassination episode.

I'm glad I wasn't disappointed with the episode or the subbing. You know who you are; thanks!
Old 2012-11-24, 03:05   Link #129
cyth
Banned

That episode 16 ... holy crap, I was laughing so hard during that whole Tokugawa ordeal.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 16:51   Link #130
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Apparently there is no OST album for this series. I did some searching on Google and at CDJapan, and all I can find are a CD for "Kizuna" and one for "Bowl Man." (The marijuana/breakup events have seemingly not discouraged the music company from continuing to distribute this album.)

Rather surprising, don't you think, since the composer is the well-known Ôtani Kô.
Old 2012-12-05, 18:22   Link #131
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Yatta! Ep 18 has been released!
Old 2012-12-05, 19:25   Link #132
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Yatta! Ep 18 has been released!
Nothing like RSS feeds for monitoring shows like this one!
Old 2012-12-08, 17:50   Link #133
Dartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Apparently there is no OST album for this series. I did some searching on Google and at CDJapan, and all I can find are a CD for "Kizuna" and one for "Bowl Man." (The marijuana/breakup events have seemingly not discouraged the music company from continuing to distribute this album.)

Rather surprising, don't you think, since the composer is the well-known Ôtani Kô.

A semi-OST: JSPCDK-1009 乙/ cro-magnon×Hyouge Mono

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview....EY=JSPCDK-1009

It's strange that nobody mentioned the 5 minutes specials "meihin-meiseki", which aired after Hyougemono, which featured some real nice information (real-life) about some of the masterpieces shown in Hyougemono.
Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 21:44   Link #134
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I ran the Japanese description through Google Translate for that CD and got this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Translate
Made a complete recovery, re-drive and deepening further evolution. challenge to break new ground in collaboration with "things Yuie to" comic release! your new album = cro-magnon (ape-man), the long-awaited three-piece engine that Japan boasts the world!
I'm guessing the part about a "complete recovery" has to do with the marijuana arrest. If you look at http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_c...?key=700091816 you'll see that Otsu was cancelled in May of 2011 then re-released in July. Cro-magnon has another 2012 album listed there and another due later this month. "things Yule to" appears to be Google's translation for "Hyouge Mono."

Do you know if the various pieces on Otsu are the actual compositions by Ôtani performed by Cro-magnon, or were they composed by the group and inspired by the characters?

In any event, I saw that item while searching, but as you know it is not what I'm looking for. Thanks for suggesting it.

I looked in the Chinese batch and those shorts you mentioned are included without any subs, even in Chinese. They looked quite interesting, though while watching I wondered whether they would be difficult to translate because they appear to cover technical information like glazes and such. Who knows, maybe they will get translated into English, too.

I've started over from the beginning and have re-watched the first two episodes. They're brilliant. I still love Nobunaga in his Portugeuse garb. Also in episode two he asks his three tea masters what they think of his enormous warships and Soueki tells Nobu that they lack something important. The crowd murmurs as they have just seen another man sliced to death before their eyes for displeasing Nobunaga. Soueki of course says they should be painted black. Nobunaga is so taken with the idea of fleets of death attacking the Mori clan that he promotes Soueki on the spot. And so it begins.

Update: I have a couple of the individual episodes from Koei. They include the associated short subject and a set of Chinese subs. For some reason I cannot find the equivalent subs in the batch release, but they do exist. There's an archive of all the subs, but looking at the texts they seem to apply to the full episodes. I cannot find the equivalent archive for the short subjects.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-12-09 at 22:21.
Old 2012-12-17, 23:51   Link #135
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

My daughter told me that in the new Pokemon Conquest game you get to fight Nobunaga. I wonder what element he's weak against?

http://www.pokemonconquest.com/en-us/character/nobunaga
Old 2013-02-09, 20:50   Link #136
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Episodes 20 and 21 have been released. I'm going to watch them now after replaying 18 and 19 for context.
Old 2013-02-13, 18:12   Link #137
Dop
Mmmm....

Woo-hoo! Two episodes, 22 and 23, on the same day. Marvellous stuff. I do so love this series and thank Doremi for putting it out.

Oribe getting punched was hilarious!

And now episode 24! Excellent!!

Last edited by Dop; 2013-02-14 at 18:42.
Old 2013-03-16, 09:02   Link #138
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Here's another vote of thanks as I see episode 25 is now available. I've put off watching this show until I can give the full attention it deserves, but that doesn't mean I'm not grateful for Doremi's efforts on our behalf!
Old 2013-03-24, 19:16   Link #139
Dop
Mmmm....

Whoa! You wait weeks for an episode of Hyouge Mono then three turn up at once!

Thanks Doremi!

Edit: And two more appeared since I wrote that. Fantastic!

Some heavy stuff goes down in this batch, but there are some funny bits to balance it.

Last edited by Dop; 2013-03-25 at 09:14.
Old 2013-03-25, 19:54   Link #140
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I love Hyouge, but I wish the good folks at Doremi would divert some manpower to finishing up GeK. That's a series that's current enough to where finishing it in a timely fashion would have some import. Hyouge has been over so long that a fee extra weeks really don't make much difference.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
historical, tea