AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-02-11, 12:34   Link #281
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

My friends and I had a pot luck session yesterday and meat was definitely our priority. We had duck, chicken, pork, and beef. My favourite is definitely the duck. So juicy (and oily too). Too bad we didn't have yee sang to go with the dishes. After the eating session, we played choh dai di aka Big Two all night. Thank God money wasn't involved, because I would have lost a lot with the crappy cards I had. Was a bit drunk towards the end of the game, lol

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 15:11   Link #282
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I do not recognize Chinese New Year. I only recognize Lunar New Year.
I'm pretty sure it's mostly called Chinese New Year because everyone else moved all their events and celebrations to January 1st.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 15:15   Link #283
Sumeragi
Banned

Tell that to the Koreans.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 20:31   Link #284
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm yeah, my immediate concerns is only the 2.4km; I'm not training for the freaking half marathon you crazy people....=_=
But...that's how you train for 2.4 no?? So many speed training intervals over 10-15 km route
Old 2013-02-12, 03:15   Link #285
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm yeah, my immediate concerns is only the 2.4km; I'm not training for the freaking half marathon you crazy people....=_=
The basis for 2.4km is stamina. Technically speaking, you have to run at 4.14m/s (two steps in a single second) in order to get gold, so you have to train up your stamina first.

Walk more, take public transport less. Measure the distance between your home and the place where you take public transport, and for every kilometre, ensure that you take 5 minutes or less to reach there everyday, it is bound to guarantee that you will pass your 2.4km. In a month or so you get so used to it that it doesn't matter anymore.

You don't have to worry about whatever you eat anymore the last 3 days.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 05:53   Link #286
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 07:55   Link #287
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-02-12, 10:41   Link #288
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This year's Lunar New Year should have Kana-tan as a mascot.

*grabs and takes her home, VA and all*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 07:18   Link #289
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This year's Lunar New Year should have Kana-tan as a mascot.

*grabs and takes her home, VA and all*
*Shocks S-chan with a cattle prod.*

No so fast otouto. We going to celebrate Chinese New Year by eating a lot.
Come everyone! We got chicken, potatoes, shrimp, fish, lamb steak, fried noodles, wet noodles and whatever the host is cooking.

*Drags S-chan away*
Old 2013-02-13, 07:34   Link #290
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I do not recognize Chinese New Year. I only recognize Lunar New Year.
The Chinese, and associated Chinatowns across the planet, are the ones who still spends the cash to actually celebrate it. They care more about the lunar year than other cultures so they win.
Old 2013-02-13, 08:44   Link #291
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The Chinese, and associated Chinatowns across the planet, are the ones who still spends the cash to actually celebrate it. They care more about the lunar year than other cultures so they win.
That certainly explains why more than half of the Korean population go to their hometown during the lunar new years. Of course, maybe I expect too much of people.
Old 2013-02-13, 09:59   Link #292
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
That certainly explains why more than half of the Korean population go to their hometown during the lunar new years. Of course, maybe I expect too much of people.
More than half of Koreans... I would be interested to see the numbers for the Chinese workers.

Look, the fact is outside Asia the only places that focus on the Lunar new year are Chinatowns. I am not saying Koreans don't matter, but it is entirely another to deny the fact that Chinese culture overwhelms everything else in that part of the planet. And that outside of Asia China is the only part that's visible.

I am no fan of China's government. But facts are facts. No one is going to call it Korean Lunar Year other than Koreans.
Old 2013-02-13, 10:14   Link #293
Sumeragi
Banned

Whatever, I never accept it. That's me, and no amount of persuading is going to change that.
Old 2013-02-13, 10:26   Link #294
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Whatever, I never accept it. That's me, and no amount of persuading is going to change that.
Keep in mind that "Chinese New Year" is a description only used by English speaking nations. Even in China they don't use that description. And if you are in an English speaking nation, the place that celebrates it is definitely the local Chinatown. There is no need to treat it like some political conspiracy; history caused the term to stick.
Old 2013-02-13, 10:27   Link #295
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
There is no need to treat it like some political conspiracy; history caused the term to stick.
Eh? When have I done that? It's a personal preference which I state so people don't go saying "Happy Chinese New Years" to me.
Old 2013-02-13, 10:46   Link #296
cerberuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I love her
cerberuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 18:34   Link #297
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Keep in mind that "Chinese New Year" is a description only used by English speaking nations. Even in China they don't use that description. And if you are in an English speaking nation, the place that celebrates it is definitely the local Chinatown. There is no need to treat it like some political conspiracy; history caused the term to stick.
Quote:
Eh? When have I done that? It's a personal preference which I state so people don't go saying "Happy Chinese New Years" to me.
Actually, funny thing, Chinese people actually call it "Chinese New Year" when describing it to other people -- even Chinese people -- to differentiate it from the January 1st "Western" New Year. At least that's what my family that speaks Cantonese does: 中國新年

Obviously if it's obvious we'll just exchange the typical "Happy New Year" greeting without denoting which new years it is. Then again, I'm a Canadian born and raised and non-indicative of any other major national or demographic groups.
Old 2013-02-20, 20:19   Link #298
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
http://www.iqiyi.com/zongyi/yscw2013.html

It is called 春节(chun jie=spring festival) 联欢(晚)会(lian huan wan hui).
Considerably late reply, but thanks for the link.
And thanks for the pronunciation. When you don't generally care about these type of things, before you realize it, you don't remember even the simplest facts about it anymore...
There were parties for this festival where I used to live though... (*distant eyes*)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 03:57   Link #299
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Lunar New Year 2014 - Year of the Horse

My dear Animesuki members, it's the end of an old year and the start of a new one. Spring-Summer-Autumn-Winter, and now, the cycle start anew as the Earth rises from its slumber. So open yourself, let your soul be with the sky, the land, the people, and write here wishes for your fellow friends and partners!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 05:28   Link #300
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Happy Chinese New Year!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?