Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 22:45   Link #7921
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
He's been like this the whole week. And what's worse, he DOESN'T LISTEN TO THE ADVICE WE'RE GIVING. It's one thing to be whining about suicidal depression, it's another to ignore advice FREELY GIVEN, by people who EXPERIENCED and RECOVERED from the same sort of stuff. What. The. Heck. Kid.
Quote:
Apparently his parents are fighting, which led him to question what the hell is he doing with his life, which led to him getting depressed, which led him to contemplate suicide. He even gives a timeline: if he's gone by July 7, we're free to think that he's dead or something.

The problem is that it's hard to sympathize with him because it just comes off as juvenile whining. Plus it's not like many of us didn't have the same, or WORSE problems at his age.

Other observations:

Once again Touma's version of common sense flies in the face of everyone else's with regards to throwing money away via premium rounds. I think it's just general laziness, really.
T.T

RRW is bad person, RRW is bad tanker

RRW loss all his hope

RRW dont deserve to live anymore
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 22:46   Link #7922
Gravitas Free Zone

My positive record in the T-34 persisted in the face of massive derping, but eventually I sold it.

Now, with considerably less derping going on in Tier 5, it's actually worth considering again, since not getting nearly one-shot by HEAT all the time gives the 57mm more chances to work.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 22:50   Link #7923
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
If you compare the hit ratios, it's amazing that most of the people on my team could hit the side of a barn while they were inside it. Not to mention the guy that has more games than you and me put together, and has won more of them...

I sense a training room duel in the making.
Challenge accepted, when and where, what are your terms?

@ teru, thats incorrect, its usually unicum over-confidence that brings the team down in pubbies. mainly its those big bang clans that are supposedly unicum and their the first to die on some occasions.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:52   Link #7924
Gravitas Free Zone

Nope, I want to see you fight Mow Yun.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:52   Link #7925
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
T.T

RRW is bad person, RRW is bad tanker

RRW loss all his hope

RRW dont deserve to live anymore
This. THIS. WILL YOU STOP BEING SUCH AN EMOTIONAL SOP AND LISTEN TO US YOU IDIOT? If you're seeking sympathy, fine, but you won't get kid gloves treatment from me kid.
Old 2013-07-02, 23:27   Link #7926
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Challenge accepted, when and where, what are your terms?

@ teru, thats incorrect, its usually unicum over-confidence that brings the team down in pubbies. mainly its those big bang clans that are supposedly unicum and their the first to die on some occasions.
Unicum players aren't invincible. No player has a 100% survival rate, even the best players make bad bets. Sometimes "stupid" deaths is the raindrop that starts the flood going. It really depends.

24hour survival rate at 60.5% with a 65% winrate. Slowly bringing up my survival rate

EDIT: There's a difference between seeing the map tactically and strategically. Most players see the map tactically - the screen in front of them. They see what is happening now and soon. Unicum players tend to play like chess players - they see 3, 4, 10 steps ahead. What looks like a stupid move now can be a brilliant strategic play. I don't mean offense when I say this, but sometimes things that look stupid in the short term may end up being the winning move in the long term, and that's usually what separates good players from unicum players. Most unicum players don't have faster reflexes or have more accurate aim than you or I, and their tanks don't drive any faster or reload any faster than you can make yours. But what makes them that good is their consistency at being at the right place at the right time.

Of course every player including unicums derp and die stupidly occasionally. But *most* good players tend to be consistently ,well, good in the long run.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 23:34   Link #7927
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Tanking today was simply abysmal for me. I somehow got the worst teams ever full of window-lickers and bots several matches in a row. Here are a couple of the battles I had, and this was after I decided to stop playing the higher tiers and do a tier 5 platoon:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images

I give up. The entire world is against me today, and my winrate is TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN.

Also, watching bots "play" is painful. I was viewing this Ram II in post-mortem mode in one battle. Both teams had a low number of tanks (I think 3 per team or something) and one of the last remaining was the Ram. He was perched on our base waving his turret around randomly when a heavily-weakened enemy M4 drove up near him. He took about 4 seconds to turn his gun at the M4 while being shot at. Then he proceeded to fire into the ground right next to the M4 repeatedly until he died. Only a bot would behave like that. I reported him like the little sod he was.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 23:39   Link #7928
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

3-game rule, MF. If things go bad after 3 games straight, stop. Cut the streak in the bud. Can't beat probability some days.

And as usual Touma's mouth meets his foot. Do you even seriously think about these things when you type about it? Watch ANY replay of a Unicum player (Carbonward and Garbad's are the most accessible), and there's a distinct difference in the way they take advantage of the events in the battlefield.

Also, these same replays also show that they're VERY human. Put Garbad in a crappy team, and he might drag it kicking and screaming to a victory, but there's also an equal chance that it'll drag HIM down with it.
Old 2013-07-03, 00:13   Link #7929
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
This. THIS. WILL YOU STOP BEING SUCH AN EMOTIONAL SOP AND LISTEN TO US YOU IDIOT? If you're seeking sympathy, fine, but you won't get kid gloves treatment from me kid.
uwa~ Onee-san kowai~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I give up. The entire world is against me today, and my winrate is TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN.
Ha. Nice one.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 00:41   Link #7930
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Eagerly counting down the time I can log in again. Problem is that's likely going to be on Friday... meaning weekend event again. Meaning pub insanity. Ugh.
Old 2013-07-03, 02:25   Link #7931
Pen3

New ELC skin looks nice if you're a fan of SAO.
Images
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 03:46   Link #7932
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Y'know, after a week of returning to WoT, I have to say - the T-34 feels even more of a light tank than it used to.

I mean, lowish health, faster than some lights, rapidfire gun... it's a giant light.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 06:41   Link #7933
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Tanking today was simply abysmal for me. I somehow got the worst teams ever full of window-lickers and bots several matches in a row. Here are a couple of the battles I had, and this was after I decided to stop playing the higher tiers and do a tier 5 platoon:
Yeah those games sure were ridiculous. That first one almost borders on unbelievable. 10 kills between the 2 of us and we still lost. It's sad that there are people out there who make ME look semi-competent.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 09:49   Link #7934
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

T-34 is now at full crew! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And it only took me, what, 2 years to grind from 75% to 100%.

Also, the 3.7inch howitzer on my Cruiser II is ridiculously trolling lol. Provided it hits, of course.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 11:09   Link #7935
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

I can't believe I went through the T-34 twice. A Russian one and a Chinese one. Mediocrity, so much mediocrity.
Old 2013-07-03, 11:18   Link #7936
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

This is the very first Radley-Walters I got since ever, and I was actually VERY lucky. Fought against a full HP Wolverine that settled me on fire, but I was carrying an automatic fire extinguisher. I was also lucky enough that I angled the armor to bounce the wolverine twice at less that 20hp and a 90mm hellcat's shot before that.

Used all my gold shells (like 12) on finishing the IS / KV-1S, SU-100Y and AT-5 (the last one on frontal punch match). The Warcrime panther was a real bro protecting me and letting me finish the enemy. Sadly he got destroyed by enemy arty.

If I had bounced 1 more shot I could have gotten Steel Wall.

Oh, and all of this while the enemy arty was aiming at me with full passion (after killing the warcrime panther bro).

Spoiler:

Edit:

4th of July Weekend

Prepare for x5 stupidity!

Last edited by Strigon 13; 2013-07-03 at 11:29.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 11:33   Link #7937
Gravitas Free Zone

Myssa, of course you're going to hate THE WEEKEND.
Old 2013-07-03, 11:35   Link #7938
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Equipment sale. Yes.
Old 2013-07-03, 11:40   Link #7939
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Weekend starts tomorrow...

On the bad side, pubs will be even more retarded thanks to x5... on the bright side equip sale is always welcome (my GW Panther needs equipment so...)

Also 100% income in tier 5/6. My KV-2 will definitely enjoy this weekend.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 11:52   Link #7940
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Equipment sale? damn, look like I will have to grind my ass off again to prepare equipment for T-62A and FV4202.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks