AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-27, 00:12   Link #721
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Honestly, I see no stepdown in direction or writing at all. There wasn't as much action or blistering pace as the 2nd ep, but I thought this was absolutely stellar again this this.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 04:10   Link #722
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 3:

Not a fan of the antics of Generation Bleu. They're a bit too slapstick and wacky for my tastes. For an international private task force with a ton of advanced firepower, it's a bit too immature and dumb honestly.

I dig the developments on the island itself though. The relationship between the natives and Ao, along with the narrative developments showing the rift between the older and younger generation of people on the island is pretty interesting. I like how BONES tends to put special attention in developing the older supporting cast characters in their shows, and there is no exception here. Reminds me a bit of the better parts of Xam'd.

The Generation Bleu mech designs are pretty weird and out of place in a E7 sort of series, but I think we'll get used to it. It'll be interesting to see where the battle leads in the next episode, since the situation seems a bit more complex than the last one. Hopefully the action crew will bring their A game again.

Edit: It's also nice to see that Yoshida is actually credited for the artwork on the photo in the episode. I hope he'll be more involved in key episodes later. It'll be nice if he did some character animation for key character scenes.

Spoiler for The photo:

Last edited by duckroll; 2012-04-27 at 04:27.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 05:49   Link #723
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Yeah the Generation Bleu mech seems nothing like E7 mechs. But holy cow the design is godly... its so disgusting (its a compliment)
can't wait to see more of those mech in next episode that apparently gonna very action packed.
Old 2012-04-27, 06:01   Link #724
MasterVampire

Where the hell is Renton and Eureka
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 06:53   Link #725
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Where the hell is Renton and Eureka
probaly following anime parents cliches like having a honeymoon or working overseas.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 07:20   Link #726
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
probaly following anime parents cliches like having a honeymoon or working overseas.....
And they crushed down from air accident?
Old 2012-04-27, 07:21   Link #727
blewin

that girl MAY be Eureka as her name has been floating around (unless it's just a tease and nothing more). Her falling from the sky may be that she's actually gone to another world? after all, she did go to the moon. How can there not be other worlds around?

but then she may NOT be Eureka. Nirvash has a different colour. Is it because it's not the same Nirvash or that Nirvash is reflecting a new colour that represents Ao?

I really don't like the mecha design here. Eureka, Renton and the Gekoko crew never use helmet (I think Holland used it once in his new mecha, but this design is never the norm in E7), but here the mecha and the costume designs of the pilots' look too earth-ish for me. I don't care if this is supposed to be the future world but everything looks so different from the original E7, enough to say that this is NOT E7! besides, there are planes flying with engines rather than on trapper? Why not just make this a new mecha series rather than ruining our enjoyment of the original?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 07:51   Link #728
ChocoBar9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
that girl MAY be Eureka as her name has been floating around (unless it's just a tease and nothing more). Her falling from the sky may be that she's actually gone to another world? after all, she did go to the moon. How can there not be other worlds around?

but then she may NOT be Eureka. Nirvash has a different colour. Is it because it's not the same Nirvash or that Nirvash is reflecting a new colour that represents Ao?

I really don't like the mecha design here. Eureka, Renton and the Gekoko crew never use helmet (I think Holland used it once in his new mecha, but this design is never the norm in E7), but here the mecha and the costume designs of the pilots' look too earth-ish for me. I don't care if this is supposed to be the future world but everything looks so different from the original E7, enough to say that this is NOT E7! besides, there are planes flying with engines rather than on trapper? Why not just make this a new mecha series rather than ruining our enjoyment of the original?
Or why don't you stop bitching and stick to re-watching the original E7 again

Everything about your post screams "It's different so that makes it bad"
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 08:12   Link #729
baioslaio
Per Magnusson

Send a message via MSN to baioslaio
It feels kinda rushed somehow. I'd like to see a little bit more of drama, like in the original E7, instead of all this action :\
baioslaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 09:28   Link #730
miketyson

I don't see what all the complaining is about. We got a whirlwind tour of the island's politics, an enemy mothership warped in, and we're only at episode 3. We have believable characters across a far wider age range than the norm, and 99% chance of an action extravaganza next week.

And we have "Georg". I mean really, what we have here is truly an embarrassment of riches.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 10:02   Link #731
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I don't see what all the complaining is about. We got a whirlwind tour of the island's politics, an enemy mothership warped in, and we're only at episode 3. We have believable characters across a far wider age range than the norm, and 99% chance of an action extravaganza next week.

And we have "Georg". I mean really, what we have here is truly an embarrassment of riches.
Agreed on this.

It may not be everything you want, but for three episodes in a lot of progress has been made. Yeah I'm not feeling the mecha/characters for Generation Bleu, but I'm interested to see how they develop it....well so long as we don't get a harem route. I feel that overall the spirit of E7 has been preserved.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 10:50   Link #732
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
They covered this in the episode. It isn't the Nirvash, not the same one anyway. And she is Eureka, as if the bracelet and startup screen on the Nirvash didn't already add to the obvious.
Old 2012-04-27, 11:08   Link #733
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

So this is the initial motivation that gets him to pilot the Nirvash. And, according to the ending, it might be the initial motivation that gets him to lose his place on the island. At least, why Ao would join Generation Bleu is becoming more clear. It certainly wasn't resolved as fast as with Renton, and in a 26-episode series as opposed to a 50-episode series, that's much less time they have to focus on other things. I hope the island and everyone in it will remain somewhat important to justify 4 episodes of focus.

Generation Bleu is more wacky than Gekkostate was, but I think I'll come to like that more. They certainly feel more "modern", anyway .
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 12:10   Link #734
ookamigirl

Ao's rebellion against his past.
Those people really are monsters. Turning on Ao so fast.
Ignorance sure brings out fear and stupidity.
The history lesson was interesting though.
The new G-monster was huge, but Ao was also determined ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 12:42   Link #735
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
They covered this in the episode. It isn't the Nirvash, not the same one anyway. And she is Eureka, as if the bracelet and startup screen on the Nirvash didn't already add to the obvious.
I think I missed it, when do they say that the Mark I isn't the Nirvash??
"The girl with torquise hair called this mecha Nirvash".
Why would Eureka call Nirvash something else?
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 12:47   Link #736
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I think I missed it, when do they say that the Mark I isn't the Nirvash??
"The girl with torquise hair called this mecha Nirvash".
Why would Eureka call Nirvash something else?
grandpa's flashback in ep2 made it clear that tipe0 appeared in the past, what are you all talking about?
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 12:49   Link #737
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm a bit surprised by the mixed reactions episode 3 is getting. I thought episode 3 was just as excellent as the first two. The part revolving around the island's geopolitical situation and the ostracism of Eureka and Ao were particularly good. I enjoyed seeing the youngins rebel against their parents' stupid and unfair behavior as well. I'm liking "Gazelle" more and more.

The only scenes I didn't enjoy much were the ones involving Genereation Bleu. Only teens can pilot IFOs? Not this shit again...
Old 2012-04-27, 13:15   Link #738
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The only scenes I didn't enjoy much were the ones involving Generation Bleu. Only teens can pilot IFOs? Not this shit again...
Ah don't get so bent out of shape about it this is still anime and I've come to expect certain things and that is just another one of these things. Beside I believe it was mentioned that only the new shiny state of the art stuff designed Generation Bleu can be piloted by teens and the adults pilot the canon folder mechs...

As for Generation Bleu I like them they kind of remind me a little of Gekko State with their similar antics.
Old 2012-04-27, 13:25   Link #739
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
grandpa's flashback in ep2 made it clear that tipe0 appeared in the past, what are you all talking about?
Yes but we don't know if the Mark I is a recolored Nirvash or just an imitation.
Mama Eureka's words make me think that it's the original.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 13:48   Link #740
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Yes but we don't know if the Mark I is a recolored Nirvash or just an imitation.
Mama Eureka's words make me think that it's the original.
without blood?
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen