AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-26, 13:34   Link #3061
Tru3Ph03niX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
*reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei:Volume 8 Chapter 6*
*look at the registration*

blah blah blah ... :Seitsuki

why am i not surprised?
He hinted at this before right 'No one touches his Loli-Miyuki'
He'll probably do all chapters with Miyuki and help Sashiko.

@Go10
You can if you want. Vol 9 (prob 10 maybe even 11) will be the vampire arc.
Or you can wait for Vol 8 and read past chapter about the Okinawa Incident from 3 years ago.
Old 2013-02-26, 13:57   Link #3062
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Eh. Miyuki's character literally revolves around Tatsuya, by her own choice. Tatsuya, on the other hand, has goals and plans that are at least partially removed from Miyuki. Also, to be honest it wouldn't really surprise me if near the end of the story, Miyuki does something with her magic to "heal" Tatsuya's brain. At the cost of either her magic or her life.
Protecting Miyuki are priorities 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 for Tatsuya. Having her die in _any_ way for _whatever_ reason would turn Tatsuya's story into a tragedy. How would any kind of positive resolution be possible this way?

Sorry. I don't see how this could work out. Having Miyuki die would most likely only lead to Tatsuya running amok against whoever was responsible. And then what?
Old 2013-02-26, 14:09   Link #3063
Go10
Unlimited Manga Works

@Tru3Ph03niX
So nothing in the last 2 chapters is (really) important for the next arcs ? My concern is that I can miss some important part of the Yokohama Disturbance arc (if I dont wait fort the last 2 chapters), then misunderstand the next arcs. If so, I'll read it, otherwise I think it's better to wait until the Vol7 is fully translated.

And yeah, Mentar is in the right, there is absolutely no way Tatsuya'll let Miyuki die. Unless someone more powerful than him kill her before him but I dont think it's possible.
Old 2013-02-26, 14:11   Link #3064
erdii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Protecting Miyuki are priorities 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 for Tatsuya. Having her die in _any_ way for _whatever_ reason would turn Tatsuya's story into a tragedy. How would any kind of positive resolution be possible this way?

Sorry. I don't see how this could work out. Having Miyuki die would most likely only lead to Tatsuya running amok against whoever was responsible. And then what?
well Tatsuya could be the best bodyguard ever. ı mean he only has strong feeling towards Miyuki. so when Miyuki dies, his job would end he would die too.
well not before destroying whatever caused the death.
Old 2013-02-26, 14:37   Link #3065
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
well Tatsuya could be the best bodyguard ever. ı mean he only has strong feeling towards Miyuki. so when Miyuki dies, his job would end he would die too.
well not before destroying whatever caused the death.
That would be really scary because if he wanted to he could destroy the world.
Old 2013-02-26, 16:15   Link #3066
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
That would be really scary because if he wanted to he could destroy the world.
Yeah, Imagine, 1kg of matter to energy is equivalent to an atomic bomb... Imagine if he decompose a 1ton worth of matter to energy.............He'll wipe out most of Asia, if were lucky
Old 2013-02-26, 16:17   Link #3067
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Read it again. I said she would sacrifice herself for his sake at the end of the story. It's called a bitter-sweet ending, and the alternative is "no resolution" or "incest".

Besides, my point was that saying that Miyuki is more central than Tatsuya is in itself false. Miyuki exists for Tatsuya's sake, modeling every aspect of her character around his preferences and all of her goals are focused on him and him alone.

Tatsuya plans to take revenge on the Yotsuba, which could indirectly harm Miyuki by destroying what upholds her current lifestyle. He's also trying to build that "Sustained Gravity Fusion Reactor" so Magicians are worth something out of combat.

I highly doubt Miyuki will die. But she isn't the main character here, in any sense of the word. Tatsuya is. That was what I was saying.
Old 2013-02-26, 18:07   Link #3068
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Yeah, Imagine, 1kg of matter to energy is equivalent to an atomic bomb... Imagine if he decompose a 1ton worth of matter to energy.............He'll wipe out most of Asia, if were lucky
Point it at mountain and it's truly over.
Old 2013-02-26, 18:23   Link #3069
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Read it again. I said she would sacrifice herself for his sake at the end of the story. It's called a bitter-sweet ending, and the alternative is "no resolution" or "incest".
You call it bitter-sweet, I call it tragedy. And you seriously think that in a show which is strongly tilted towards Mary-Sue results is going to do a full reversal at the end? Makes no sense storytellingwise and would cause a _gigantic_ fan backlash and destroy the franchise.

No way in hell. Sorry.

Quote:
I highly doubt Miyuki will die. But she isn't the main character here, in any sense of the word. Tatsuya is. That was what I was saying.
And exactly BECAUSE Tatsuya is the main character, Miyuki is safe. The story has been nailing down that Miyuki's safety is all that matters to Tatsuya, and it has attracted a huge following of fans who sound like they masturbate to Tatsuya's almighty powers every day (read even this board under this aspect and you'll see what I mean). Going back on either of these 2 iron rules would cause tremendous upheavals. I just don't see it. Nope.
Old 2013-02-26, 18:42   Link #3070
Seitsuki
Onee!

Spoiler: Tatsuya escapes, Miyuki wins, and they have lots of little Shiba babies. /end

...wait, that's my fanfic. I'll take that back please. ///
Old 2013-02-26, 18:43   Link #3071
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go10 View Post
@Tru3Ph03niX
So nothing in the last 2 chapters is (really) important for the next arcs ? My concern is that I can miss some important part of the Yokohama Disturbance arc (if I dont wait fort the last 2 chapters), then misunderstand the next arcs. If so, I'll read it, otherwise I think it's better to wait until the Vol7 is fully translated.

And yeah, Mentar is in the right, there is absolutely no way Tatsuya'll let Miyuki die. Unless someone more powerful than him kill her before him but I dont think it's possible.
it's better to wait until the Vol7 is fully translated.

because you need to know what happen in the end of arc. it's absolutely important.
Old 2013-02-26, 18:47   Link #3072
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
it's better to wait until the Vol7 is fully translated.

because you need to know what happen in the end of arc. it's absolutely important.
Hell, yeah! The last two chapters are the best part!
Old 2013-02-26, 18:52   Link #3073
XFire
150% done

Quote:
You call it bitter-sweet, I call it tragedy. And you seriously think that in a show which is strongly tilted towards Mary-Sue results is going to do a full reversal at the end? Makes no sense storytellingwise and would cause a _gigantic_ fan backlash and destroy the franchise.

No way in hell. Sorry.
And the other possible endings won't? Exactly how do you see this series ending?

Quote:
And exactly BECAUSE Tatsuya is the main character, Miyuki is safe. The story has been nailing down that Miyuki's safety is all that matters to Tatsuya, and it has attracted a huge following of fans who sound like they masturbate to Tatsuya's almighty powers every day (read even this board under this aspect and you'll see what I mean). Going back on either of these 2 iron rules would cause tremendous upheavals. I just don't see it. Nope.
If that were all that mattered he'd MB everything else. He is pursuing a vendetta against the rest of Miyuki's family with the intent to ruin or kill them all. Despite the Yotsubas best attempts, he is in fact capable of thinking past Miyuki. She is his first priority, but not his only priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Spoiler: Tatsuya escapes, Miyuki wins, and they have lots of little Shiba babies. /end

Or this. This would be good.
Old 2013-02-26, 19:11   Link #3074
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
And the other possible endings won't? Exactly how do you see this series ending?
Way too early to tell, there's enough time for many things to develop. I see a realistic shot for Tatsuya/Miyuki, be it genuinely incestuous or cop-out. I could imagine a different ending, too - e.g. Miyuki/Masaki + Tatsuya/Mayumi or Lina. What I'm absolutely sure of is that Miyuki will end up safe and sound, and the ending happy.

Quote:
If that were all that mattered he'd MB everything else.
No, why? He is no psychopath.

Quote:
He is pursuing a vendetta against the rest of Miyuki's family with the intent to ruin or kill them all.
I see no indication of that so far, because he isn't even able to feel the necessary hatred for a vendetta. It's rather that he foresees that in the future he'll be poised against the current Yotsuba leadership, but not now. Why? Right, Miyuki.

Quote:
Despite the Yotsubas best attempts, he is in fact capable of thinking past Miyuki. She is his first priority, but not his only priority.
Completely irrelevant. If you can come up with an ending where Miyuki dies without Tatsuya crushed for life and the fanbase not up in arms to lynch the author, be my guest. I can't.
Old 2013-02-26, 19:48   Link #3075
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Hell, yeah! The last two chapters are the best part!
They cram all the awesomeness of the two volumes into the last two or three chapters.
Old 2013-02-26, 20:12   Link #3076
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Way too early to tell, there's enough time for many things to develop. I see a realistic shot for Tatsuya/Miyuki, be it genuinely incestuous or cop-out. I could imagine a different ending, too - e.g. Miyuki/Masaki + Tatsuya/Mayumi or Lina. What I'm absolutely sure of is that Miyuki will end up safe and sound, and the ending happy.
So is it too far to tell or set in stone? You're confusing me.

Quote:
No, why? He is no psychopath.
I was pointing out how ridiculous it was to say Miyuki was all he cared about.

Quote:
I see no indication of that so far, because he isn't even able to feel the necessary hatred for a vendetta. It's rather that he foresees that in the future he'll be poised against the current Yotsuba leadership, but not now. Why? Right, Miyuki.
Wha....you...how...huh? He has openly stated that he plans to take down the Yotsuba as soon as he gains the strength. Miyuki has all but been made the heir so she can be a shield against Tatsuya attacking them.

Quote:
Completely irrelevant. If you can come up with an ending where Miyuki dies without Tatsuya crushed for life and the fanbase not up in arms to lynch the author, be my guest. I can't.
I already did. Miyuki sacrificing herself for him, restoring his emotions. So he would be able to feel strongly about things other than her, and move on.
Old 2013-02-26, 20:16   Link #3077
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
I already did. Miyuki sacrificing herself for him, restoring his emotions. So he would be able to feel strongly about things other than her, and move on.

Alright, that's all I need to read from you.
Old 2013-02-26, 20:18   Link #3078
henzaeroz

thanks for Volume 8 chapter 6, Seitsuki.

Quote:
Just what had this person done……?

Without a magical aid or anything……?

yeah, he is badass
Old 2013-02-26, 20:47   Link #3079
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

Yeah, I know what you mean.......
Old 2013-02-26, 22:43   Link #3080
Tru3Ph03niX

@go10 What the others said, wait. The best is yet to come and you'll understand more about war class magicians which you'll need to know about for vampire arc.
Discover the OP Protag known as the
Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings