AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-31, 12:10   Link #1
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

What is your most memorable on-screen death in Gundam?

Today, we talk about a grim subject. This is Gundam, which must have wars, and wars must have deaths! These could be good deaths, bad deaths, tragic deaths, stupid deaths, WTF deaths, deaths of natural causes, deaths of not-so-natural causes, deaths of suicidal tendencies, insanity, megalomania, people-who-just-had-to-die-deaths, whatever.

So, what is your most memorable on-screen deaths?

To kick things off

Spoiler for List of RIP::

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2007-10-31 at 13:54.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 12:41   Link #2
beamknight87
Gold Saint

I LOL'd at Heine's death in SEED Destiny when Stellar sliced him.

... Now that I remember, there was this guy piloting the Chaos who was killed pathetically by ORB grunts during the fight of Jesus Yamato vs the Destroy. Some episodes later, we see the SAME idiot being palmed by Shinn and his Destiny. How the heck did he survived his first "death"?
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 12:42   Link #3
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Tragic:
Fllay: Gundam SEED
Lalah: Gundam

LOL/ZZZ:
Stellar: Gundam SEED Destiny
Jerid: Zeta Gundam
Uzumi: Gundam SEED
Meer: Gundam SEED Destiny

Awesome:
Rau: Gundam SEED

I didn't expect it at all:
Katz: Zeta Gundam
Emma: Zeta Gundam
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 12:42   Link #4
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Well since you already said the two i would theres no need, but i think you should use spoilers

That being said,

Spoiler for GSD:
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 12:45   Link #5
Tak

I agree. Heine's death came as a semi-surprise. I mean, I know he had to 'go', but when?

As for poor Chaos-kun, no, I do not know what the deal is with him

- Tak
Old 2007-10-31, 12:48   Link #6
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
GSD character development is awesome.
"Sup guys I'm Heine, I talk really politely and am pretty beautiful to boot. I'm going to make myself really likeable, then dispense self-righteous, important information before my last battle so you know I'm gonna be offed."
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 12:58   Link #7
beamknight87
Gold Saint

oh yeah, Raw's death in SEED was awesome, being vaporized by the GENESIS.

Another one that comes to my mind is Treize in Wing, when he impaled himself in the Altron's lance o_O
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 13:47   Link #8
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Tak I think you should be spoiler tag in the post and the title first.
Old 2007-10-31, 13:55   Link #9
Tak

I was under the assumption that everyone had seen them already

Never mind, they are now officially spoiled.

As for you, you should take that 'quote' off

- Tak (Although once this thread grows, I am not too entirely sure if everyone would remember to put spoiler before their list of dead peoples)
Old 2007-10-31, 14:07   Link #10
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I was under the assumption that everyone had seen them already

Never mind, they are now officially spoiled.

As for you, you should take that 'quote' off

- Tak (Although once this thread grows, I am not too entirely sure if everyone would remember to put spoiler before their list of dead peoples)
How stupid of me to quote the spoilers ,and well better then doing nothing about the spoilers.
Spoiler for GSD:

Spoiler for G Gundam:

Spoiler for 0080 WIP:
Old 2007-10-31, 14:18   Link #11
Tak

Now that you mentioned it, the only reason why I remember War in the Pocket at all is because of that one mobile suit:

SturmPanzerKampfGrenadier Modell: Einhauen

(Yes, it is known simply as the Kampfer, but I prefer it, my way!)

I still think it is one of the most beautifully designed, to-the-point mobile suit, ever. Way beyond the usual in a Gundam franchise.

And simply the most unGundam, Gundam.

The next possible contestant would be the Sazabi, but we will leave that for another day.

- Tak
Old 2007-10-31, 14:28   Link #12
Virtue
Banned

Raww
Mwu's supposedly death in GS.
Nickel's death

Heine in GSD.
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 16:52   Link #13
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Well since you already said the two i would theres no need, but i think you should use spoilers

That being said,

Spoiler for GSD:
yes! another person who hates flay woot! i hated that freaking girl i can't believe they tried to make us feel sorry for her

and my most memorable death hmmm i'd have to say treize just cause he was so awesome a character i couldn't believe he died. and flaga from seed why do all my favorite characters die

Last edited by fuzzles; 2007-10-31 at 17:47.
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 17:39   Link #14
Tak

Add me to the list of Fllay haters. She was conceited from the beginning till the end. Yeah, she repented at the very last few episodes, which was commendable, but that came too late to salvage her otherwise atrocious character.

- Tak
Old 2007-10-31, 17:51   Link #15
digi.amuro

I think I had more WTF moments, DANG and lawl moments then actually sad moments:

Gundam W: Treize Death
(It had been over a year since Gundam Wing finished airing on Toonami and I still had not seen that episode. My good friend, who taped all the episodes told me that there was an awesome battle and all this cool stuff happened. Finally I get him to let me barrow the tape and all I get is Treize hopping on Wufei's trident. I was like WTF! Where's the battle and all the uberawesomeness I was told about. Suffice it to say I was uberpissed.)

Gundam Seed: Miguel Death
(This had to be one of the funniest/coolest death scenes I've seen in Gundam. Everytime I see it, I start ROFL!!! Especially at the dramatic pause when the blade is going thru that guy's Jin. And then Dub Athrun's yell just added to it.

Gundam Seed: Nicol Death
(When I saw the uncut version, I was like DAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!!! He got cut. Then it was funny, but then he said, "Mother...my piano" which of course ruined it. That was the mosst garbage death quote ever. You dont die saying that, you die saying something like,"For the glory of Zeon" or "Damn you, Char!!!"

Gundam: That guy who tried to kamakazi the White Base.
(Tho I never saw that episode, but I did play Gundam: Federation vs Zeon and at that part during the mission when that guy basically got screwed over and decided to go down, taking the White base w/ it, japanese style. It was so hilarious, especially since I blew him up before he even made it to White base.

Gundam Seed: Miriellia's boyfriend (forgot how to spell his name)
(When Athrun killed him, I was like DANNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!!! Again. He was an ok guy, little annoying, but do remember him getting grinded up like that tho.

Gundam Seed/Destiny: Kira death 1 and 2
(When Kira was killed by Aegis, I was like no way...
Then he rose from the dead and I was all like HOLY CrAP WTF ZOMG BbQ spaz...
Then Kira gets killed by Shin and I'm like, Wow. Cant believe that just happened. Kira you f'ing tard. how'd you get pwn'd thru the cockpit like that by Van from Zoids (shinn has the same VA, so Shinn is no longer Shinn, but is now Van)
Then he raises from the dead again....I was like O.O He did it again...no scratches or nothing. Just bed rest. What is he? then someone told me the good news.

Gundam Wing EWeikum Barton
(I was so ready for that douche to die, so when he got shot in pack of that peanut, I lawl'd.)

Gundam Seed: Mwu death
(I felt sorry for Murrue. Those 2 were about to hook up and everything, but Mwu just had to get killed, just like her last lover did. So sad, plus Mwu was pretty cool, so I was like well that sucked)
Old 2007-10-31, 18:16   Link #16
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Gundam Seed: Nicol Death
(When I saw the uncut version, I was like DAAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!!! He got cut. Then it was funny, but then he said, "Mother...my piano" which of course ruined it. That was the mosst garbage death quote ever. You dont die saying that, you die saying something like,"For the glory of Zeon" or "Damn you, Char!!!"
I don't know. A survey was once taken about soldiers who faced life-or-death situations. It yielded two major results.

1. You either have no time to react and just die.

Or

2. You had time to reflect, and upon the moment of your imminent death, you always utter something about your mother, or your other loved ones.

So Damn you Char? Not really.

- Tak (Nicole's death came about as the most realistic dying process ever in Gundam. Tragic.)
Old 2007-10-31, 18:41   Link #17
X207
Gamyūsa

mine are: the death of crueset, nicol's death and the astray trio. kira doesnt count as hes immune to death when piloting a gundam.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 18:47   Link #18
takumi111

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
mine are: the death of crueset, nicol's death and the astray trio. kira doesnt count as hes immune to death when piloting a gundam.
I know it doesn't count, but Kira's "close-call" (in his Freedom) vs Shinn was pretty memorable for me.

Oh, and also Mwu's "death" in Gundam SEED.
takumi111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 18:51   Link #19
Neku
yare yare..

First thing that came into my mind was Nicol's death.
So I guess his can be classified as memorable.
Old 2007-10-31, 18:54   Link #20
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi111 View Post
I know it doesn't count, but Kira's "close-call" (in his Freedom) vs Shinn was pretty memorable for me.

Oh, and also Mwu's "death" in Gundam SEED.
i do have to give shinn props for coming up with such a brilliant attack plan to battle freedom.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote