AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-22, 11:34   Link #1061
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Possibly some of the Ultimate Devils in the top 10?

From what I can tell, they only label a power as not usable if one of two things happen: #1: It will kill you so fast that the teleportation effect can't get you out so you can be healed (see Rias' Black Hole power) or #2: It is socially embarrassing to the extent that people might pull out if used (see Issei's Dress Break and Breast-Reading Powers).

I don't think outright power is a deal breaker unless, again, it will insta-kill you.
Euclid Lucifuge is probably Ultimate class and he had his power boosted by scale mail.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 12:04   Link #1062
Chris38

I have to say that, I'm starting to wonder, just what kind of other abilities Ise can gain, which wouldn't be a repetition of the powers that he already has or make him too much of a broken character.

After all, this is not the end of Ise's development and he already can:

- boost his own power and transfer it to his comrades (Boosted Gear powers)

- protect himself from physical and magical attacks using his BB, Triana, CCQ armor

- divide and reflect incoming attacks and use some other distance attack tactics that involves Albion's stolen power

- add the dragon slaying aura, and with training,maybe also an holy aura, into his attacks, due to being the current wielder of Ascalon.

- transform parts of his body into a dragon, in order to shatter magic barriers / enhance that part of Ise's body, due to his dragonfication ability, but since this ability is still pretty limited, at the moment, we will probably learn some other properties that this ability has, in the future volumes.

I'm aware that I made some speculations on the abilities that Ise might gain from Great Red and Ophis, but with the most recent ability that Ise has gained ... I think that the ability for Ise to create illusions / copies of himself would make him a little too broken and my speculation on the powers that Ise might have obtained from Ophis is pretty much a repetition of Ise's latest "Dragon swarm" ability.

Although, at the current point in the story, I'm starting to think that Ise is only going to gain a single ability from Ophis / Great Red,due to the fact, that it has been mentioned, in volume 14, that the power of Infinite and Dream is starting to mix ...and I also think that this new ability will become Ise's ... ultimate finishing move.

As for what is it going to be ... well, there aren't a lot of things that can combine "Infinite with Dream", but at the moment, I thought of an ability that would force the target to fall asleep, and their dreams would be the reliving of the targets worst moments of their life, for all eternity - more accurately, the spell would be sustained, by the targets remaining lifespan, and once it has been cast, there would be no way to remove this spell.

The only way to defend against it, would be during the casting period, but once that is completed ... you are finished with a fate that is worse then death.

The only disadvantage that this technique would have, is the fact, that I don't think it's compatible with the character that Ise demonstrated so far, in the novels - but, unfortunately, at the moment, I can't think of anything else that would combine the traits of Dream and Infinite.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 12:26   Link #1063
lived_1714

@Chris38

Your Ulti is too hax and cruel, with Issei's personalities, he should have a lighter Ulti, like, for example, Ophis' magic gives him one Ultimate support which can combine with all his abilities just like Boost, and Great Red gives him the power of related to "Dream", not "Illusion", since, Issei is not someone love/like to deceive everyone in every occasions.

I think for comedy part, rewrite the target's dream into an Oppai Zombie or Oppai Worshiper, you know, for us mortals it is the worst effect, turning your justice, ambition into a mind with Oppai in it only, yes, I think it can be his Ultimate from Great Red.

"Infinite" can be the ability to neutralize any kind of attacks contact with him except dragon-slayer, Ophis no sold anything, it passes her body like "Nothing". So, it's either turning the attacks into nothing or turning it into infinite and absorbing it into your body.

Let's see if Ishibumi can invent something beyond [Bilingual], a Super Skill that anti-women.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 13:25   Link #1064
Chris38

^

I'm aware of this, it's just that nothing else came to my mind that could combine Dreams with the Infinite.

You're ideas of ultimates, could have some chance of occurring, but in my opinion, the abilities based on Great Red's / Ophis dormant powers, contained in Ise's current body, aren't going to be so clearly separated by the author.

I think it's going to be a single ability or abilities, where we won't be capable of clearly telling, if they belong to the Infinite or the Dream, since I see no other point, why Ishubumi would make Azazel say, that the power of Great Red and Ophis is mixed with each other,in volume 14:

Quote:
“The power of the two; Great-Red and Ophis who are the legendary Dragons among legendary dragons has been mixed after all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding Ise's anti-women skill - the only other thing that I see Ise obtaining in the future volumes, is a magic spell to see through things, which has been mentioned, in one of the previous volumes.

After all, I think that Bilingual + Dress Break is already a pretty destructive spell against women, and I see no point in the author making something stronger then that - since, after all, I don't think that there are a lot of women, who would willingly strip in front of Ise, especially in a public area, which is the only counter against those moves.
Old 2014-01-22, 16:38   Link #1065
bludvein

I think it will just expand the powers he already has. Either it will stimulate the BG to become a sub-species(although it might already qualify with the addition of the mini-dragons) or it will unlock a full dragon form for Ise to shapeshift into. Its simple and predictable, but effective.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 17:02   Link #1066
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

A full-body dragon form is already a possibility for Ise because of his new body, so I think with a little training he can achieve that, and the Infinite / Dream being mixed will result in something much bigger, either powers outside his Boosted Gear or a sub-species BB.
Old 2014-01-22, 17:17   Link #1067
Ickarium

I think more likely outside his Boosted Gear. He's getting a _MAGICIAN_ now. And while his demonic power is low (or might still be, who knows with his new body), who knows what he can do with all that Infinite and Dream power inside him. I bet Issei's going to learn magic. After all, regardless of how often he says he's dumb, he really isn't. He just rarely applies himself to academics. He's actually pretty bright at times.
Old 2014-01-22, 20:37   Link #1068
G147

Just because Issei has a body made from Great Red's flesh and Ophis' powers means that he gained their ability. It may simply just improved his base ability or maybe increase his affinity with Dragons.

As to the magic thing, Issei confirmed that it's impossible for him.

Quote:
“I don’t know what kind of magic you want to use, but if you are a Devil, you are adapted to use special powers more than average people, so I think it is possible for you to acquire them depending on how hard you work. By the way it’s the basics, but you do know the differences between demonic-power and magic, yes?”
“Yeah, demonic-power is something which you use to turn your imagination into actual form, and magic is something where you use equations to make supernatural phenomenon occur, right?”
“If you have to separate them simply, yes, that is correct. Demonic-power requires the power to use imagination and the power to create, and it requires having good sense. Magic is just knowledge to control equations, and you need to use your head and need calculations, so they are different even though it may seem similar.”
“Ah, for an idiot like me, that will be hard.”
I can’t calculate at all! Having control over the equations high enough to control supernatural phenomenon will be something I’m bad at since I’m only capable of controlling my demonic-power to use Dress Break and Bilingual.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 23:44   Link #1069
Tbolt

Well one thing most have overlooked is that Ise and Great Red have already joined bodies, and Great Reds power allows Ise use the
Quote:
[…..Longinus Smasher. It’s a taboo power which you are not supposed to attain.]
So that one act may be a glimpse into future events.
Old 2014-01-23, 02:10   Link #1070
Chris38

^

Maybe, but it might also foreshadow a different thing ... that a part of 666's seal is contained within Ddraig's soul.

I know that this is only a speculation, but I don't think that Ddraig would call [Longinus Smasher] a taboo power, if it was just a normal, heavily destructive ability.

Not to mention, something like that, would definitely give Rizevim, a reason why he would need to confront Ise and his allies again, in order to fulfill his objective, not to mention ... it would fit in nicely, with the pattern that Ishibumi seems to have, of using minor details from the previous arc's ... in order to explain some plot items / points, that appear in the current and maybe also future arc's.

How Euclid managed to produce the replica of the Boosted Gear, should serve as sufficient evidence that the author, tends to do something like that.
Old 2014-01-23, 03:02   Link #1071
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
^

Maybe, but it might also foreshadow a different thing ... that a part of 666's seal is contained within Ddraig's soul.

I know that this is only a speculation, but I don't think that Ddraig would call [Longinus Smasher] a taboo power, if it was just a normal, heavily destructive ability.

Not to mention, something like that, would definitely give Rizevim, a reason why he would need to confront Ise and his allies again, in order to fulfill his objective, not to mention ... it would fit in nicely, with the pattern that Ishibumi seems to have, of using minor details from the previous arc's ... in order to explain some plot items / points, that appear in the current and maybe also future arc's.

How Euclid managed to produce the replica of the Boosted Gear, should serve as sufficient evidence that the author, tends to do something like that.
I thought it was already mentioned that the Boosted Gear replica was created through the Holy Grail and Issei's previous body.

As to the Longinus Smasher thing, i think the "forbidden" refers to the Juggernaut Drive.
Old 2014-01-23, 04:40   Link #1072
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
As to the Longinus Smasher thing, i think the "forbidden" refers to the Juggernaut Drive.
Maybe, but if it was simply an ability that Ddraig had in his unsealed state, then I think that the author should have already revealed a few hints that indicate that - and so far, I don't remember something like that being implied in the novels.

And it's not like the author didn't have any opportunists to do that - after all, just in volume 16, Ishiubumi has revealed the source of Ise's time stopping ability, that he demonstrated in Juggernaut Drive, so he could have also mentioned something about Loginus Smasher, at the same time - but,since, he hasn't done that, to me, it might indicate that he wants to, keeps us in the dark, about something related to that ability.
Old 2014-01-23, 06:07   Link #1073
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I had this feeling that Longinus Smasher is somehow connected to 666...
Old 2014-01-23, 08:04   Link #1074
Ickarium

In re Magic - and yet in the first novel Issei is having problems simply doing pullups and says he can't do it, and now he's a kick ass warrior. Again, I think part of his advancement will have to do with magic. We'll see though.
Old 2014-01-23, 08:17   Link #1075
NeutralZero

considering the development of both teams, it would be nice if Rias will have a re-match with Sona in another rating game...
and it would be nice if Isse can develop a triana variant for the dividing SG...
after all there's still four piece left that hasn't change yet
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 08:21   Link #1076
Ickarium

I think the whole point of this is: Issei has to develop outside the Sacred Gear, so a Dividing Dragons CCQ isn't a good idea IMO. The Sacred Gear makes him strong, but he has to be strong in addition to that. Thus Sun Wukong the Elder. If anyone can give him a kick ass 'training' program that will get fast results, /Sun Wukong/ can, regardless of whether he learns to use Touki like Sairaorg, or learns a bit of other things.
Old 2014-01-23, 08:27   Link #1077
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

I agree with Ickarium, just because Ise says it's too hard for him doesn't mean he won't be able to pull it off.

About Longinus Smasher... is it BG-exclusive or does it reside within the Divine Dividing as well? I don't think it was mentioned, but it probably does. If that's the case, the God of the Bible could have placed a seal for 666 in both of the Heavenly Dragons as extra insurance that 666 will not be re-awakened, since with the correct host and the proper training Ddraig and Albion are not to be beaten so easily. This could also be a reason why Euclid was unable to produce a copy of Ddraig's soul.
Old 2014-01-23, 09:27   Link #1078
Chris38

Regarding Ise being capable of using magic ... I think that he will be more capable in that area, after his training with Sun Wukong - it's just that, like pretty much every power up that Ise has,he is going to need to work pretty hard, to rise his proficiency in using magic.

Naturally, I doubt that Ise's skills in magic, will become as good as, Vali's ... Rossweisse's and a few other characters, that seem to have a pretty good talent for magic, but I think that's, it's going to be better, then his current proficiency in that area.

After all, I think that the confrontation against Rizevim and his Sacred Gear canceler, that happened in volume 16, is going to be a sufficient motivation for Ise, to start developing powers that don't depend on his SG abilities.

On a slightly different topic, I can't help but wonder what role Ophis is going to have, in the future volumes of the current arc ... after all, with the introduction of Lilith - the side of Ophis, created from her stolen power, and Rizevim's goal of releasing 666 to kill Great Red, and travel to the world, where Chichigami comes from - which, would also remove Great Red, from the Dimensional Gap, allowing Ophis to return there - I think that, it would be pretty weird, for Ophis, to remain on the sidelines of this conflict.
Old 2014-01-23, 10:23   Link #1079
Ickarium

I kind of see Issei, if he does develop magic, as being like say Harutora in Tokyo Ravens or Honoka in Witch Craft Works. As in: he has a loooooot of power. But he won't surpass Rossweisse or La Fey in magical knowledge and complexity.

Create a circle to bind Great Red (like Georg did?) no. Create a circle to blast someone to smithereens or teleport huge numbers of people? Sure.
Old 2014-01-23, 11:20   Link #1080
G147

Personally i think Issei would focus more on his Boosted Gear since Issei would try to defeat Euclid and Grendel, probably Crom Cruach too. Knowing Issei, he would probably leave Rizevim to his allies that doesn't depend on SG.

Tags
light novel, translation