AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2007-04-25, 06:06   Link #341
Red Herring
SPARTANS

The Memory of Judgment by lawrence Douglas. Its a study of the holocaust trials including the Eichmann trial. I've been reading a lot of Holocaust literature lately and before that a lot of raw trial records from the Nuremberg and Far Eastern tribunals. Pretty powerful and repulsive stuff...imma take a break from reading about war crimes I think.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 10:56   Link #342
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
The Memory of Judgment by lawrence Douglas. Its a study of the holocaust trials including the Eichmann trial.
That sounds really cool. On a related note, I've been reading Hasegawa's "Racing the Enemy" lately. It's about the factors that led to Japan's surrender in World War II, and it's easily the best book I've ever come across on this subject. It packs in a lot of historical detail on the actions of the Soviet Union, United States and Japan during the late 1944-1945 period, and expands on the reasons for them.
Old 2007-04-25, 14:59   Link #343
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I can't think of any books I've read recently that wasn't a text book. -_-; Anyways, I'm currently reading Agatha Christie's The Seven Dials Mystery.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 11:54   Link #344
atalieneedssum1
*daydreaming* *sigh*

TWILIGHT By, Stephenie Meyer

BEST BOOK in the World!!! or at least in my opinion...lol....It has Vampires, Love, fighting, blood, and for the girls (The guy is sooooo hot in the author's description) for the guys (It a girl point of view, what else do you need to know!!) Read it if You have the chance....It rules!!!! if you read it and love it...look for the 2nd book, New Moon....and on August 7 the third book, Eclipse comes out!!!! I can't wait!!!
atalieneedssum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 13:08   Link #345
jedinat

I just read the first three books of The Noble Dead series by Barb and J.C. Hendee. They're pretty good. An interesting mix of vampire mystery and sword and sorcery adventure.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 14:41   Link #346
Lelouch
Phaeton

Priestess of the White by Trudi Canavan, Auraya is chosen as a priestess, stuff happens and theres a sorcerers war. Great but reminded me of the The Black Magician Trilogy by Ms. Canavan aswell
Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 15:05   Link #347
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I just finished Apathy And Other Small Victories, by Paul Neilan. It's one of my favorite books ever - it's terribly sarcastic, the protagonist is incredibly apathetic and needlessly pokes fun at people (especially disabled/dead people) simply because he's bored. I've wanted to quote things from the book in my sig, but there's far too many good quotes - every other paragraph has made me LOL.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 19:05   Link #348
crystar
*yawns*

Recently finished King Lear, another of Shakespeare's plays. Unfortunately I thought it was extremely weak and is so far the worst of Shakespeare's plays I've ever read. The ending was just an absolute mess. What a disappointment. T.T
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 22:35   Link #349
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm currently reading Marlfox by Brian Jaques. It is truly amazing how he can bring animals to life, give them their own dialect, give them charming idiosyncracies, etc. and still have time to write a compelling story. Admittedly, they do seem to be angled toward slightly younger audiences, but the little kid in me still loves them.

However, my favorite parts are the descriptions of food. They are obviously not real, since not many people would drink dandelion milk for lunch, but those descriptions of food never fail to make me feel hungry...
Old 2007-05-14, 05:50   Link #350
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

"Sex and the city". Never watched the series, but decided to read the book just because I was curious why it is so popular. I'd say it was ok, but I don't understand how they managed to make such a long series based on this story.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 08:11   Link #351
crazy cute
crazy cute

ultra cute and warriors and also naruto
crazy cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 14:39   Link #352
ibreatheanime

I just finished Water for Elephants this morning... it was surprisingly good, and I am starting Jane Erye (I am trying to read more classics)
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 03:55   Link #353
kiyonepbs

Geek Love by Katherine Dunn. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to read much lately, but that'll change soon.
kiyonepbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 23:38   Link #354
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Haven't been reading that much lately since I've been busy studying for an exam, but here is a fairly comprehensive list of the books that I've read in the past: http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=Sepiraph
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 00:00   Link #355
Mitsu
Momento Mori

A Wrinkle In Time and I forgot the auther it is about a girl , her litle brother and her boyfriend traveling through space to find their father by teseracting
Old 2007-06-03, 11:34   Link #356
arcadeplayer987

Papillon - a very good and interesting book.
The movie sucks.
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 17:39   Link #357
Suhaki

The last book i read was "The Stranger" by Albert Camus. Outstanding book...
Suhaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 17:54   Link #358
overthere!

Send a message via AIM to overthere! Send a message via MSN to overthere! Send a message via Yahoo to overthere!
The last books i've read are Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code, both written by Dan Brown. Dan Brown is an amazing author and everybody should give his books a go.
overthere! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 18:53   Link #359
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

I'm re-reading the Mutant Chronicle trilogy at the moment. I recently discovered them in a box of my old stuff while helping my mother move. Was very pleased to find them. ^^;

After this, I'll probably catch up on the two recent Discworld books, as I've been lazy about keeping up with them as of late. (I really used to be quite fanatical about it... even have the majority of them signed by Pratchett ^^;;; But, anime takes up more of my life now...)
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 19:23   Link #360
Boredom

Currently reading "The Shadow Rising" by Robert Jordan. I'll go on to read the rest of the Wheel of Time series after this.
Boredom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books