Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-15, 05:06   Link #1881
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't agree that this show is a trainwreck, though that's just me. It just goes about things in it's own unique way, and that's why i love it so much.
I didn't entirely mean that the show itself was a trainwreck because it remains compelling in some ways and the production values are amazing. It's just that as far as the drama goes, it's going into the point of no return in so many ways. And honestly, with all the characters having so many issues getting entangled, I just don't see a totally happy end coming. And even if it does have a very happy end, then it simply would not make much sense considering all that has happened. But I'd be pleasantly surprised if it takes a good turn and actually makes sense considering Touya's extreme good/bad luck with women and all the ridiculous drama with the singers. Well, I guess a melancholic end would be fine too. It'd only make sense.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 05:10   Link #1882
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I didn't entirely mean that the show itself was a trainwreck because it remains compelling in some ways and the production values are amazing. It's just that as far as the drama goes, it's going into the point of no return in so many ways. And honestly, with all the characters having so many issues getting entangled, I just don't see a totally happy end coming. And even if it does have a very happy end, then it simply would not make much sense considering all that has happened. But I'd be pleasantly surprised if it takes a good turn and actually makes sense considering Touya's extreme good/bad luck with women and all the ridiculous drama with the singers. Well, I guess a melancholic end would be fine too. It'd only make sense.
I don't see why it needs a good end. Good ends most of the time just don't work for a show, and this one with it's unique approach should have it's own kind of ending. That's what i hope for anyway.

I don't think the drama with the singers is ridiculous. I love that part of the show.

So yeah we're like different sides of a coin when it comes to our opinion on this show.
Old 2009-11-15, 05:12   Link #1883
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, I still remained entertained even if it's a trainwreck to me. To me that's a sign of a good soap. To me, it's pretty much gone beyond what you can normally call a 'romance' show now.

Though I could still eat my words if the final turnaround produces real romantic plottwists.
Old 2009-11-15, 05:39   Link #1884
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well, I can't see a nice end too. Mainly for Rina, because somehow with the much focus on Yuki she's bound to be get something...either Touya or stardom.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 05:57   Link #1885
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Mugen : PV.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 06:59   Link #1886
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
-Akira and Misaki's relationship is gone closer instead of further. Misaki still sees Touya in rose-colored light, but she doesn't want Akira to leave her. Things are uncertain, but there's a high chance they're going to end up together despite the problems with their relationship.
She doesn't want Akira to break up with her because he is the only thing that is keeping her from going back to Touya. It is so obvious that she is using him for that purpose. She treats him more like a good friend than a boyfriend, when it comes to things like sex or even kiss, she is not ok with it.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 07:05   Link #1887
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Perhaps, but breaking up is out of question also. Akira knows she uses her, but he has hope Misaki come to love him. And well that she realise that Touya is a jerkass.
We'll see, but I bet they're going to get over it.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 08:31   Link #1888
crayven

Somebody tell Drago that we have subs out early today, it must be hard for him to resist watching raws.

I don't think the ending will get anywhere near a "nice Boat" as that is probaby the craziest out there and WA is just a normal harem/drama anime. And as much as I like Rina I don't think she's going to end up with Touya, she spend too little time with him( on anime).
crayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 08:54   Link #1889
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Holy crap, i didn't even notice that CR moved the airing time from Wednesday to Saturday. Gaah i could have watched episode 20 yesterday. D:

Thanks for that crayven. I'm right on it.
Old 2009-11-15, 08:58   Link #1890
golthin

Quote:
Perhaps, but breaking up is out of question also.
Misaki is afraid of breaking up, because of what happened to the guy that she dumped. Notice the flashbacks she got when Akira brought up the name of that guy. This is the second time we see Misaki's hand shaking.
Old 2009-11-15, 09:18   Link #1891
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
And how Akira and Misaki's relationship is fail?
Come on man... have you missed that episode from the previous season where another dude was beating the crap out of Misaki in front of Akira right outside their college campus, and Akira was aghast at the the fact Touya was once again being meddlesome.

This show is a comedy gold. The last time I laughed this much while watching a series was Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu.

I see that another new episode is out... giggity!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 09:33   Link #1892
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Touya: Destroying middle aged woman's life's since 1986.

Eiji's is hands down the star of the show. The first 10 minutes of this episode are truly outstanding.
Old 2009-11-15, 10:15   Link #1893
crayven

No problem Shiroth I couldn't believe that it's out early too.

ANd WTF is wrrong with Eiji, how can someone be that delusional is beyond me lol. Can anyone also tell me why he paint the picture he bought from Mana's mom "fake"?

IMO the climax will have something to do with the harem vs Yuki for Touya to choose. Most probably Rina will be the one who can have the best chance of truly getting Touya from Yuki(will surely be a burden for her later on anyway). They should talk much more though, in fact we only have 5 episodes left and Rina and Yuki are still the best of friends. So anyone who won't even stand a chance againt Yuki should just step outside, just like Mana and Haruka. Pleassseeee. I'm looking at you Yayoi, and Menou too. Sunohara and Misaki, you two can break up at the last episode's credit.
Old 2009-11-15, 16:22   Link #1894
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Come on man... have you missed that episode from the previous season where another dude was beating the crap out of Misaki in front of Akira right outside their college campus, and Akira was aghast at the the fact Touya was once again being meddlesome.
I really don't see how willyvereb can be so pro Misaki and Akira. I don't see how he can see their realation is moving forward in a positive way. The fact that Akira said he will break up with Misaki if she had tea with him is really over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
Sunohara and Misaki, you two can break up at the last episode's credit.
Well, after episode 20, I doubt that Misaki will break up, now I understand why she has stayed with Akira for so long. Akira will have to have a psycho episode for them to break up. I pity Misaki, she only attracts mentaly ill guys.
Old 2009-11-15, 18:21   Link #1895
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Just watched this ep and I have to say wtf at Eiji... Since when did White album turn into freaking chaos head?!
Old 2009-11-15, 18:57   Link #1896
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Omg half of this episode about Ogata's insanity ! Look at his face lol .. and wtf with Yayoi's part .
Touya show us again his stupidity XD poor woman ! "Yayoi you jealous" oh god .
Akira failed again lol

Yeah Touya have plenty of choices , its like if women fell on the sky for him .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 19:47   Link #1897
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I really don't see how willyvereb can be so pro Misaki and Akira. I don't see how he can see their realation is moving forward in a positive way. The fact that Akira said he will break up with Misaki if she had tea with him is really over the top.

Well, after episode 20, I doubt that Misaki will break up, now I understand why she has stayed with Akira for so long. Akira will have to have a psycho episode for them to break up. I pity Misaki, she only attracts mentaly ill guys.

Yeah not sure why he's pro AkiraXMisaki it's just gonna end in disaster. Akira is overbearing with Misaki at everything. She's not going to be happy at all with Akira.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 19:56   Link #1898
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

I just marathon'ed through the entire series out so far and this should sum up my sentiments: Oh my.

It's a battle to get through one episode with so much drama. I have to pause and look away for a bit, then carry on... It's like I'm afraid to see what happens but I want to see anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Yeah not sure why he's pro AkiraXMisaki it's just gonna end in disaster. Akira is overbearing with Misaki at everything. She's not going to be happy at all with Akira.
Right now the best thing for Misaki to do is be alone and clear out her head. Staying with Akira with the mindset she has now is only going to lead to unhappiness for both of them. Well, eventually for Akira (He creeps me out right now).

Although the unique thing about this show is every girl is falling hard for Touya, and they're "beating" each other to get him .
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 22:45   Link #1899
crayven

Touya has the Tohno gland in him, really.
Old 2009-11-16, 02:29   Link #1900
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Just watched this ep and I have to say wtf at Eiji... Since when did White album turn into freaking chaos head?!
Wow. The most appropriate response I heard to that weirdness. lol

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen