AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-29, 00:09   Link #81
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Not to mention the Macross Quarter (25%). And Ranka being 25% Zentradi. He's really laying the symbolism a bit thick there.
Aaaand we are the ones who have been following his lead all these time. Those symbolism were laying here and there as blatant as what can be seen. But did we think about that and possibly discuss for a while? No.

Same old cooger Kawamori, that old troll!

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 00:20   Link #82
Wesley84

The movie title should be "Macross: The Pussification of the Protoculture!" Bug worshipping yahoos.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 04:22   Link #83
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, I do believe we already have our release date.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 04:29   Link #84
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

He has his way with dates and numbers way too much.

Great, that's what I've been waiting for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I don't quite understand here. I commented on the Frontier movie being potentially like DYRL told in a re-imagined fashion (not cut-n-paste). I prefer this because it can help tie up loose ends and decisively resolve the triangle. DYRL did just that. The original series ended with a rather iffy resolution, and DYRL confirmed the final resolution.
The end of the series was rather straight forward. Hikaru made his choice and that's the end of it. The vague thing may be his reasoning as we never got to see any of it. That's covered in DYRL. His words are different but the reason why he choose Misa is exactly the same. Both series and the movie provided identical resolution with different set of words. Frontier never provided any resolution to begin with. If we get to deduce the outcome by deciphering homages and digging through ambiguous lines it's as well as non existent. Not all of us saw DYRL or SDFM. There are a lot of people who are new to Macross. The ending is purposely made to be ambiguous to a point. The only certain way of sustaining the tension for the upcoming movie. I may be wrong as well but I believe the rules of sale ratings apply to every anime in today's market.

Quote:
First, they've just gained the Vajra as an ally of sorts, and as long as mankind don't try to tap Vajra's secret, there won't be a problem. With that said, there aren't any big enemies left, either. Unless, as I said, you want to throw in yet another Zent fleet.

Of course, shit can happen if Ranka goes awol again. Besides, if some idiot would like to use the new-found tech to their own gain, they'd probably have to kidnap Ranka first to make those 'new-found' tech operational. The problem with that though, is that the Vajra knows first hand wherever Ranka is, which kind of makes kidnapping her and repeating Frontier 1 ~ 25 difficult...
Oh dear, I really hate to argue on something we have absolutely no info on. Makes you want to throw your screen out of the window with each post

Well, you've made an interesting point here. As long as nothing happens. Well, Macross certainly proved us that shit happens all the time

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Last edited by Urei; 2008-09-29 at 04:56.
Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 06:03   Link #85
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I guess no one is supporting my idea of rogue Frontier military elements led by Leon. LOL!
Old 2008-09-29, 06:30   Link #86
magnuskn

Why do we need to have the Vajra as antagonists again? They pretty much sucked as enemies, because until the very last episode they didnīt even have a shred of personality ( and they still donīt... kind of the point with a hive mentality ).

Letīs bring back some Zentraedi, there are supposedly still a 1000 fleets out there, just like the one from Bodolzer. Zentran! Zentran! Zentran! Letīs see some real culture shock again.
Old 2008-09-29, 06:34   Link #87
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Why do we need to have the Vajra as antagonists again? They pretty much sucked as enemies, because until the very last episode they didnīt even have a shred of personality ( and they still donīt... kind of the point with a hive mentality ).

Letīs bring back some Zentraedi, there are supposedly still a 1000 fleets out there, just like the one from Bodolzer. Zentran! Zentran! Zentran! Letīs see some real culture shock again.
they need to bring some zentraedi that are immune to stupid songs or they could wear earplugs!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:19   Link #88
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
they need to bring some zentraedi that are immune to stupid songs or they could wear earplugs!
That had been done. Caused Earth a fortune, but that had been done...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:30   Link #89
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

In the original series, even...

Old 2008-09-29, 07:36   Link #90
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I guess no one is supporting my idea of rogue Frontier military elements led by Leon. LOL!
Nah, I said it already that it's possible

If Leon still has as much influence as we saw in Frontier then he can very well go through with anything his mushroom brain thinks of.

Biller as well. Don't trust siting characters! It's a sign they are plotting something. Look at Gendo Ikari. The bastard stood up from his chair in EoE and shit happened.

Old 2008-09-29, 07:41   Link #91
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

On another note: as for Ranka being "pardoned" too easily... We haven't seen the reaction of the rest of the fleet, yet. But even if there is some backlash, it could all be pinned on Grace's mind-control and Leon's scheming - after all, he was the one who branded her a traitor and the twin captain only referred to her as such when they saw her image "attacking" them - only to have such perception reversed the very next episode.

What I'd find in very poor taste would be if SHE herself didn't feel the slightest pang of guilty at her own actions, even when she was being used. So, I guess that's something that could be in a continuation movie.

Old 2008-09-29, 07:44   Link #92
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

A true Macross Fan's Wet Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
"Macross Begins February 2009". As in Ep 1 of SDFM literally took place in the fictional February 2009 in the Macross timeline.

It's a reasonable time frame for them to release the movie as a commemoration though, especially if it tangentially touches on the ultimate fate of the original characters in the light of Bilrer's revealed goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Interesting, it is same date as First Space War commences in anime chronology. Kawamori is surely a very sentimental fella.

Even 25 episodes symbolizes 25th anniversary of the Macross saga with 25th Colonial Fleet to boot plus VF 25 Messiah.

After their ship disappears in July 2016 without a trace near the center of the galaxy, they were reported as missing. It still remains unknown if both Misa and Hikaru and the ship's crew (including Lynn Minmay, who remained as their friend and also joined the exploration mission) are dead or alive.

Sounds like another plot for upcoming movie. After all that's what Birle wanted ultimately be accessing into Vajra's network of space folds.
Ok since these two things were brought up the correlation between the two is almost unbelievably coincidental. To release a movie on the actual storyline launch dates of SDF-1 and then have a movie that might use the Vajra network through all the galaxies that they inhabit in order to find the lost SDF-2/Megaroad-1, perhaps due to Bilier's distinct love of Minmay, would an incredible feat and a ridiculous reward to the faithful Macross fans since the 80's.

I added July to the above quote to illustrate the possibility that if Kawamori does this in Feb 2009 then it's entirely possible that it's not the last production short term. That after the movie an OAV might come out that builds upon a story and shows what happend to Megaroad-1 and have it released in July.

All speculation on my part but it's eerie how the pieces fit. I can think of nothing better and more humbling for the fan base than to see Megaroad-1 with Misa Hayase Ichijyo in command. Seeing her husband, Hikaru Ichijyo, leading the entire Skull group and seeing Lynn Minmay doing whatever she is doing. Not only to see what happened to them or even have Macross Frontier discover their where abouts but to have all that with modern animation style, detail and modern audio.

True Macross fans would be drooling all over themselves if this was a real possibility. I know I would. I would probably be acting like I was 8 again over such news!
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:49   Link #93
golthin

Quote:
That had been done. Caused Earth a fortune, but that had been done...

- Tak
Well, it didn't work well enough! Earth finally won!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 07:52   Link #94
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
True Macross fans would be drooling all over themselves if this was a real possibility. I know I would. I would probably be acting like I was 8 again over such news!
So would I.

I'm waiting to find out what actually happened to them ever since watching the Macross Flashback, myself. Start the drooling...

Old 2008-09-29, 08:05   Link #95
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

It would be a really nice addition. I too want to know what their ultimate fate was. Bringing up old characters is a different thing. It would pose so many problems that there is no possible way to produce anything accept a story revolving around them in the future.

Old 2008-09-29, 08:12   Link #96
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

I would personally also wonder what kind of music develops over the time on Megaroad-1. With Minmay as the driving cultural musical force in that colony and with her getting up there in the years, it makes me wonder who the new singing idol is on Megaroad-1 if they are still someplace and are a normal colony or even if they found a planet. Would their music grow and develop the same way that it did with everyone else? Or would they guided their own growth in a completely different direction? If so then who would be the composer for that series? Because whoever that is will have the possibility of doing ANY music style with any tweak they would want. It could be a modern spin on classic songs, it could be Techno or it could be Folk Music or Rock or Jazz or Classic or Contemporary or even New Age.

So music style and who would be the new "idols" of their colony. Also who the new and up and coming characters would be since Misa and Hikaru would be in leadership positions and not really on the flight line anymore or they might be retired. Misa was oldest of the main characters when they left. She was born in 1990 according to the wiki so that would make her 69 years old in 2059. So it might be very possible that she is retired or even have died from old age or some other complication. I don't what happened to Misa's best friend Claudia LaSalle since I don't know if she went with them or not on Megaroad-1 but if she did she would also be in her late 60's or early 70's since they were in the academy together. Hikaru was born in 1992 so only two years younger than his wife. He would be 67 years old. Even Minmay would be 66 years old.

Then there is another theory that just came to me. They have been trapped in some kind timewarp in which they didn't age at all. So they are exactly the same age they were when they disappeared. Or they aged much slower than normal time so they are older but not much. The opposite might also occur where the original cast aged faster than usual and so an entirely new cast of characters that are the sons and daughters of the original cast characters are in positions of command now.

So many possibilities by going down the road towards Megaroad-1 and their lost fleet and story. It's endless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
It would be a really nice addition. I too want to know what their ultimate fate was. Bringing up old characters is a different thing. It would pose so many problems that there is no possible way to produce anything accept a story revolving around them in the future.
See my write up above. It would be very possible to easily tell the story from their point of view because you can manipulate their entire universe if they are in some other Galaxy. All it would take is read some notes from the original SDF and Flashback and then build on those notes taking the characters in another direction in a new galaxy or location with older technology, styles and customs. I would love it!
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 08:17   Link #97
mechabao

It's unlikely we'll see Hikaru Ichijou again. I remember reading somewhere that Kawamori would no longer do a story involving that character as a sign of respect since his voice actor died. So chances are we'll see their children/grandchildren. Maybe Minmei and Misa but sadly, not Hikaru himself.
mechabao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 08:26   Link #98
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

IMO, I'd rather they stick to Frontier's storyline for now and solve the series' unanswered questions first... there's so many questions. Then maybe perhaps just before the end they'd at the fate of Megaroad-01 with a cameo appearance or preview. Now this would spark a lot of interest, debate, and anxiety... but it'd definitely increase the draw to fans who have only watched Macross for the LT so far.

Honestly I can see where you'd like to tie in Megaroad-01 into this movie (I'd like to have it also) but there's a lot of Frontier's story left to be told... and frankly, trying to fit both stories into one movie would end up with things being rushed, again.

I'd rather they did 2 movies or the movie and an OVA... instead of just using 1 movie for everything. One movie wouldn't do both Old and New school justice!

Edit: Added quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechabao View Post
It's unlikely we'll see Hikaru Ichijou again. I remember reading somewhere that Kawamori would no longer do a story involving that character as a sign of respect since his voice actor died. So chances are we'll see their children/grandchildren. Maybe Minmei and Misa but sadly, not Hikaru himself.
That's sad.. didn't know about that till now.

I guess if we can't get all 3 I'd rather they just be a cameo appearance (non-voice) while our Frontier guys figure out what happened to them.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 08:30   Link #99
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Learning their fates would be enough, for me. So, the Hory Froating Head could come up with some kind of scenario where this could play out nicely.

TwilightHack's idea is very good, as well. A hint at the end, for a new project would work just as well.

Anyway, here's to hoping.

Old 2008-09-29, 09:29   Link #100
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

@kilroy0097

Yes, there are many possibilities but very few that don't sound Star Trek like. It would be quite hard to bring them back with in their original age.

And that's true whatmechabao said. It's sad but his seiyu, Arihiro Hase, died not long after recording some of Macross franchise,. He committed suicide.