AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-24, 15:37   Link #11741
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Spoiler for Chapter 179:
Old 2013-01-24, 15:45   Link #11742
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 179:
You're not alone. Every page from the first to the last had me on the edge of my seat.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:15   Link #11743
Wolfenstein

Wow. This was...really terrible. I'm at a loss for words.

There is a sliver of hope that the character dies after this, however, so there is something to look forward to.
Old 2013-01-24, 16:18   Link #11744
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

HAHA and people thought that Jesu...I mean Medaka would stay dead? How adorable.

God, this chapter left a bad taste in my mouth...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:20   Link #11745
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Oh look.. Medaka came back from the dead. What a twist! Not... you knew it was going to happen. She'll also somehow survive this whole ordeal.

As someone who's not a fan of Medaka, I didn't find the chapter all that great, but I'm sure her fans loved it.
Old 2013-01-24, 16:25   Link #11746
Homura7

As much as some of you didn't like it, the use of vibrations to keep the body functioning, it makes sense that's her style, since her mother was a nurse.

But I know you only complain because you hate the character, so I won't start a discussion.
Old 2013-01-24, 16:26   Link #11747
Wolfenstein

Our only hope has to be that the manga does not end so underwhelmingly.
I mean, damn. This chapter could've epitomized the generic shounen dance of the all-powerful main-character.

What a stark contrast to the rest of the manga(save the end of the JBWF), I thought one of the points was that it was a satire of the above dance, this whole time.
Old 2013-01-24, 16:30   Link #11748
Homura7

^You don't know how this is going to turn out. You can complain after if you want.
Old 2013-01-24, 16:31   Link #11749
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
As much as some of you didn't like it, the use of vibrations to keep the body functioning, it makes sense that's her style, since her mother was a nurse.

But I know you only complain because you hate the character, so I won't start a discussion.
You do know that you can NOT like a certain part of the plot but still like the characters involved right? Not everyone's blind to flaws if they involve the characters or just look for them everywhere.

I like Medaka, she's not my favourite by a country mile but I don't dislike her (much less hate her) still I think this development is just...bad >_>
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:33   Link #11750
Wolfenstein

Quote:
^You don't know how this is going to turn out. You can complain after if you want.
If you don't like people's complaing, just ignore the comments.

However, you can't tell them to not express their feelings of the current chapter.
Old 2013-01-24, 16:37   Link #11751
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
You do know that you can NOT like a certain part of the plot but still like the characters involved right? Not everyone's blind to flaws if they involve the characters or just look for them everywhere.

I like Medaka, she's not my favourite by a country mile but I don't dislike her (much less hate her) still I think this development is just...bad >_>
It's the same as when Kumagawa got killed by Munakata and came back to life. With the exception Medaka's injuries haven't healed, her body is crumbling and her blood vessels are her only medium to keep herself alive through her style, and for just a short time.

You heard Yuzuriha. Medaka can barely walk. How this is going to turn out remains a mistery and I'm still not sure this is going to kill Iihiko.
Old 2013-01-24, 16:55   Link #11752
Lupus753

For half of this chapter, I have to say, "Brilliant! Another triumph!" Even though I don't always appreciate the philosophish stuff 100%. For the other half, I have to shake my fists at the heavens to angrily shout, "NISIOOOOOOOOO!"

In other words, I'm enjoying this a lot.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 17:01   Link #11753
Homura7

^Hahaha, that's good.

You know, if it wasn't Nisio I would be sure Medaka would survive this, but it's Nisio we're talking about.
Old 2013-01-24, 17:31   Link #11754
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

We've lost all hope for a decent ending at this point, I think, unless we go on for another hundred or so chapters.
See, ultimately, the problem is this: No matter how much Nisio tries to convince us that Medaka has changed as a person, she hasn't, and she never will.
I am not the first person to say this and nor is it the first time I've said it, but the manga would be far better off without her... at least this "End God Mode" has interesting implications.
Quote:
You know, if it wasn't Nisio I would be sure Medaka would survive this, but it's Nisio we're talking about.
You mean the guy who writes the most predictable outcomes to literally every single arc? The only part of Nisio that is unpredictable is the way things play out prior to the ending.
Also he's not the best or most consistent writer even from a technical perspective, note how he often has characters call out other character's names in place of actual dialogue, something that a lot of amateur writers love doing, not that Nisio is an amateur but still I find it very annoying, just thought I'd say
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 17:42   Link #11755
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You mean the guy who writes the most predictable outcomes to literally every single arc? The only part of Nisio that is unpredictable is the way things play out prior to the ending.
Also he's not the best or most consistent writer even from a technical perspective, note how he often has characters call out other character's names in place of actual dialogue, something that a lot of amateur writers love doing, not that Nisio is an amateur but still I find it very annoying, just thought I'd say
Yeah, right, the Treasure Hunt arc was predictable you're saying? My ass! It's by far the most unpredictable arc along with the Flask Plan and this one. Hence why I'm telling you if it was other author I would have no doubt Medaka will survive this. But Nisio Isin is not your average mangaka.
Old 2013-01-24, 17:42   Link #11756
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
It's the same as when Kumagawa got killed by Munakata and came back to life. With the exception Medaka's injuries haven't healed, her body is crumbling and her blood vessels are her only medium to keep herself alive through her style, and for just a short time.
I know, right? Seeing people's double standards and hypocrisy always amuses me.

Quote:
We've lost all hope for a decent ending at this point, I think, unless we go on for another hundred or so chapters.
See, ultimately, the problem is this: No matter how much Nisio tries to convince us that Medaka has changed as a person, she hasn't, and she never will.
Funny, I had the complete opposite opinion of this chapter. I felt that I really saw Medaka's character growth here. The Medaka from before would have said something totally different.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 17:46   Link #11757
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Funny, I had the complete opposite opinion of this chapter. I felt that I really saw Medaka's character growth here. The Medaka from before would have said something totally different.
At this point I would suggest them reread the series from the very beggining, so they can see how wrong is that "Medaka hasn't changed at all" statement.
Old 2013-01-24, 17:47   Link #11758
Wolfenstein

Quote:
I actually really, really, really don't want the manga to end in something like "Medaka beats Iihiko, everything is fine, Medaka and Zen get married, happy ending".

God, that'd be atrocious. I don't want the manga to end so underwhelmingly.

I'd really enjoy one or two last good arcs before the end.

Quote:
Yeah...it's the same problem as me.

It's pretty clear that Nishio really wants you to love Medaka, to cheer for her, to be relieved when she comes back to life. He really wants you to think she's changed and blossomed into this amazing character.

Only problem is, people can't do that. Because they don't feel the change. Nishio really dosen't know how to write Medaka in a way that feels human to most, so they themselves can't change with her.

The pivotal difference between Medaka and Zenkichi/Kumagawa.

Quote:
at least this "End God Mode" has interesting implications.
The final sliver of hope down the road, if you will.

Can you imagine how awesome the next arc would be if Medaka actually died for real? Just shut-up and take my imaginary money(since I'm not paying).

~~

Also, I have to say; Nishio, leave Shiranui out of this! Don't ruin her uniqueness by having her soften-up to everyone trying to save her at the last minute because of some generic shounen sacrifice bullshit of "I want to be friends!".
Sometimes the people who save you aren't people you'll like, and that's a reality that Shiranui could embrace, and Nishio could explore.

She's an unsociable and uncooperative minus who fell in love with one guy, even though she shouldn't have. If you take that away, you lose something to the genericness of Shounen. And keep-in-mind, there's a difference from that, to being ungrateful.
Old 2013-01-24, 17:57   Link #11759
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
At this point I would suggest them reread the series from the very beggining, so they can see how wrong is that "Medaka hasn't changed at all" statement.
How very Plus of you to say that.

But seriously, that's probably pointless. People like that could reread the manga a 1000 times and they wouldn't see it, because they don't want to see it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 18:01   Link #11760
ccie20012

I actually really, really, really _WANT_ the manga to end in something like "Medaka beats Iihiko, everything is fine, Medaka and Zen get married, happy ending".
I look forward to such an this end.

But. Why not: Medaka beats Iihiko, everything is fine, ...... N Arc ... Medaka and Zen get married, happy ending
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council