AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-25, 18:46   Link #101
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
I think I'm the only one who thinks Haruka's arc isn't the top one so far. For me, Ai's arc far outshined it, and I liked Sae's a bit more. Haruka's arc is tied with Rihoko's for me, and both were better than Kaoru's.
I have been waiting forever for my Dominance arc and finally it is here <3
Old 2010-12-01, 20:45   Link #102
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
I think I'm the only one who thinks Haruka's arc isn't the top one so far. For me, Ai's arc far outshined it, and I liked Sae's a bit more. Haruka's arc is tied with Rihoko's for me, and both were better than Kaoru's.
I have been waiting forever for my Dominance arc and finally it is here <3
Nope - I also enjoyed the Ai arc the best, followed by Kaoru's arc.
Old 2010-12-02, 00:40   Link #103
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Sorry to crash, but I honestly thought that... from best to worst...

Haruka
Kaoru
Sae
Ai (it was dry. very dry.)
Rihoko
Tsukasa (no, not my type. absolutely NOT.) [I was a class chairman for 3 years, and every time there was a council of chairmen/women, this kind of chair the council members would hate the most. So I speak from experience.]
Old 2010-12-02, 09:38   Link #104
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I found Ai's arc to be the wettest of the lot.

And it's a shame you are dismissing Tsukasa so quickly.
Old 2010-12-02, 20:55   Link #105
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

OMG!! i just caught up and what a let down with the rihoko arc junichi didnt even confess in this arc........poor rihoko
Old 2010-12-03, 01:39   Link #106
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think Haruka is the best so far, followed by Koaru (both got special kissing spots ), then everyone else, holding off my comments on Tsukasa until her arc is done

p.s. there is no such thing as bad heroine, but bad story line
Old 2010-12-03, 08:43   Link #107
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

The nanasaki arc was good they actually showed them kissing i wish they done the same with the sae arc
Old 2010-12-04, 00:28   Link #108
pikachuwei

haruka>ai>kaoru>Rihoko>sae

rihoko > sae coz rihoko arc had moar lulz
Old 2010-12-04, 04:25   Link #109
A l i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrLeanne View Post
Sorry to crash, but I honestly thought that... from best to worst...

Haruka
Kaoru
Sae
Ai (it was dry. very dry.)
Rihoko
Tsukasa (no, not my type. absolutely NOT.) [I was a class chairman for 3 years, and every time there was a council of chairmen/women, this kind of chair the council members would hate the most. So I speak from experience.]
Finally someone who doesn't put Ai's arc at the top of the list. Compared to Sae and Haruka's arc, Ai's arc felt a bit dry (nothing much was happening in that arc, except a few things).

also where are you from btw? We don't have class chairman/representative here in Canada.
Old 2010-12-04, 10:17   Link #110
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
^
Really, more people put Haruka as their top and always go "omg maybe this arc will top Haruka's" which I respectfully disagree with, but yeah. Haruka is more popular around here, from what I've seen.
Old 2010-12-04, 11:39   Link #111
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrLeanne View Post
What? Even with her hidden personality? I think you should reserve judgement on Tsukasa until you actually finish her arc (or that you actually watch her arc first in the 1st place. She's totally a mysterious character we didn't know of until her arc is aired).

For me my judgement (not counting Tsukasa, though I'm starting to really love her ):

1) Ai
2) Haruka
3) Rihoko
4) Kaoru
5) Sae

Ai for her absolute boldness, Haruka for always being the cheery type, Rihoko even though they didn't her the best ending, overall it still ain't a bad arc (I do find her cute anyway). Kaoru is just the typical real-life normal relationship, and Sae...i don't know what to make of that...

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2010-12-04, 15:37   Link #112
GundamZZ
残念美人

For some unknown reason, Tsukasa's arc keeps making reference to the festival in Ai's arc.

In Ai's Arc, Ai and Junichi keeps the shop. So, Hibiki can attend the contest.
Spoiler:

By deduction, the girl who follows Tsukasa around will show up.
Probably not, it will sidetrack from the main story.

Spoiler:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2010-12-05, 06:51   Link #113
matteas
Member Member

My order from the arc I enjoyed the most to the arc that I enjoyed the least. What is funny is that the order is exactly the same as the airing order XD

1. Haruka
2. Kaoru
3. Sae
4. Ai
5. Rihoko

But 2 episodes into Ayatsuji's arc, I already expect it to take over the first rank.
Old 2010-12-17, 03:32   Link #114
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Just finished Tsukasa's arc...here is the arc review update

1. Haruka - The arc that entertained me the most and had the biggest impact...Its potential has fully materialized and gave birth to the behind-the-knee-kiss which will probably end up as a legend or something...Junichi also put a lot of effort in their relationship unlike in other arcs where he doesn't even have to do the "moves" to make the girl notice him. And for some reason, Haruka's character matches well with Junichi that's probably the reason why their antics are entertaining to watch.

2. Kaoru - Well thought story and had the best interaction between the male lead and female lead. Its pretty entertaining but it lost some of its momentum later on...If only they concentrated more on Kaoru's family problems instead of the kids' shuttlecock then maybe she'll be at the top of my list.

3. Tsukasa - She is the most interesting character and her arc too. The last episode is quite dramatic and her ending is kinda cute. Unfortunately, it didn't entertained me as much as the top 2 arcs on my list. Well the main problem with her arc is that there are too many themes(family hate, dual personality, festival, Junichi's romance problem, etc.) placed in her arc and didn't concentrate on the most important thing which is Junichi-Tsukasa relationship. I mean we have seen the festival scene several times already why not go directly to the good stuff? The couple's confessions didn't have the proper build up too.

4. Sae - Annoying voice? Yes. Annoying narrator? Somewhat. BUT Sae showed something that the other girls have not yet shown...Her personality changes as the story progresses. Yes. Sae is the only character in the series that is not 1 dimensional. Basically, Junichi taught her how to be confident and be more sociable. And I almost forget to mention how moe-riffic her arc is. Its like you will not need to look at something cute for a month after watching her arc.

5 . Ai - After rewatching it for several times...here is my honest opinion...It has too much fillers and scenes unrelated to the story that it threw the pacing away. Ex Pool chase scene. And if you have read the manga you'll know how much potential the writers have wasted. Its like Ai could have her own 12 episode series but no the writers have to screw us with fillers and WTF moments...No I'm not an Ai hater its just that I'm seriously disappointed because of what they did to Ai's arc.

6. Rihoko - A wasted potential. The first episode is probably one of the series' best but after that it went downhill. No romance whatsoever and all we get is a crappy conclusion. Let's just say Rihoko ate her way through her own arc...
Old 2010-12-17, 08:29   Link #115
pikachuwei

2nd in for final results

"best" arc imo (best in terms of storyline pacing etc)

1) Tsukasa
2) Haruka
3) Ai
4) Kaoru
5) Sae
6) Rihoko

"favourite" arc (how much i enjoyed the arcs)
1) Haruka
2) Tsukasa
3) Rihoko (for teh lulz)
4) Ai
5) Kaoru
6) Sae (ew voice is ew)

overall 1st is haruka because im a fanboy. And because of her santa outfit in ep 24 (my new msn dp)
Old 2010-12-17, 14:42   Link #116
justavisitor

my favorite arc would be: (be aware of the little spoiler)

Haruka=Tsukasa>Ai>Sae>Kaoru>>Rihoko

Tsukasa would have been on top if they didn't have a kid at the end ...it's a bit too soon lol...should have been just married, like the ending of Haruka's route...(I have a feeling that Junichi somehow messed up, like Yamato in the manga named "Suzuka" XD)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-12-17, 23:43   Link #117
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
my favorite arc would be: (be aware of the little spoiler)

Haruka=Tsukasa>Ai>Sae>Kaoru>>Rihoko

Tsukasa would have been on top if they didn't have a kid at the end ...it's a bit too soon lol...should have been just married, like the ending of Haruka's route...(I have a feeling that Junichi somehow messed up, like Yamato in the manga named "Suzuka" XD)
Seeing how much of a go-getter Tsukasa is, I wouldn't be surprised seeing her do things sooner than someone else in a similar position.
Old 2010-12-18, 03:34   Link #118
GundamZZ
残念美人

Don't worry about the detail.

In the best end, Junichi plays the supportive role for Tsukasa. It is suggested Tsukasa is working to repair her relationship with her family.

In the good end, Tsukasa and Junichi lives together.

In the friendship end, Tsukasa and Junichi shows up with their daughter. It was suggested Tsukasa decided to separate with from family. So, she decides to start her own family. She creates the new bond.

So anime end is best end. After ending credit, it's friendship end.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2010-12-18, 10:30   Link #119
justavisitor

so after the credit, it's the bad end?? (I know they name it as friendship end, but since they have best end, good end, then logically speaking friendship end is worse than good end, so it's like a "bad end") XD I knew having a child so early isn't that good (even tho the atmosphere was romantic )

Gundam ZZ, can you tell me the 3 ending of each girl in the game?? (of course, if it's too much trouble for you then please forget my request)

@aldw
Tsukasa is the type of a girl who doesn't want to go off-track but for some reason she will probably be the first one to get off-track
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-12-18, 10:38   Link #120
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Ok what do you mean by friendship end ? You mean that Tsukasa and Junichi are just friend in the end ?? When they have a daughter and all ? You can't be serious It doesn't make any sense at all.

Anyway, it doesn't mean it's the same thing in the anime and I think it's clear that they're together with their daughter and love each other.

And I don't see the problem to already have a daughter when you're 26years old. It doesn't mean that they don't love each other or anything like that. Since when having a daughter when you're 18 or 19 years old is a bad thing ?
Closed Thread