AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-11-13, 15:28   Link #81
Gintoki Aizawa

Fractale seems interesting. I'm happy to see so many people looking forward to it, I saw a lot of 'meh' responses on other sites.

I'm curious about Yumekui Merry. I haven't been able to find much information about it, so I'll just watch it and see what I think.

Gosick might be pretty cool. I definitely like the setting and character designs. I'm not usually one for mystery series, but this one might be an exception.

Iron Vendetta is the same as Yumekui Merry. I'm vaguely interested, but I don't know much about it.

Mirai Nikki definitely has my attention. I'm really looking forward to this one.

I'm not sure about Beezlebub. I'll watch a few episodes, but I'm not expecting much.

Last edited by Gintoki Aizawa; 2010-11-14 at 05:18.
Gintoki Aizawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 19:26   Link #82
TheMP3000
You got to envy this guy.

Send a message via AIM to TheMP3000 Send a message via MSN to TheMP3000
Let's see, only got three series I'll be checking out: Hourou Musuko, Fractale and Gosick. Nothing else looks or sounds very good judging from what I can tell by what has been revealed thus far. A solid start to 2011.
TheMP3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 19:48   Link #83
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch Tatsumi View Post
I may have to see for positive reviews. Because, I don't see anything there I'd be interested in (and I haven't seen s.1 of Kimi no Todoke yet).
You liked Cross Game too right? In that case I think you might be really interested in Wandering Son as some people might have told you. Really. It's the one anime that might change my mind in not voting Cross Game for best anime of 2010.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 20:07   Link #84
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It's the one anime that might change my mind in not voting Cross Game for best anime of 2010.
But doesn't it air in 2011?
Old 2010-11-13, 20:18   Link #85
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It transcends space and time.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 02:32   Link #86
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

noitaminA's winter season is shaping up to be a really strong one, and that's saying something considering how good the current offerings are. Fractale's premise has a lot of potential behind it and what I've seen of Hourou Musuko in previews has looked absolutely stunning, so both of those are definitely on my to-watch list.

Aside from that, I loved the first season of Kimi ni Todoke, so I'll be eagerly following its second, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica is... I don't even know what to expect from the staff and cast we've gotten so far, but I'm hoping for something magical. *groan*
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 03:28   Link #87
Nvis
Where are the good animes

What's this .hack//quantum?

I thought .hack// was done with the Haseo-era?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 08:49   Link #88
Mentar
Banned

Beelzebub is gonna be absolutely 100% brilliant. Giving it my highest recommendation.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 10:01   Link #89
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Beelzebub is gonna be absolutely 100% brilliant. Giving it my highest recommendation.
Well, hopefully it will. There's a chance it could be a bad adaptation, though fingers crossed that won't happen.
Old 2010-11-16, 12:27   Link #90
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
If I watch it and it ends up sucking, I'm going to blame you.
Old 2010-11-16, 13:12   Link #91
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What's this .hack//quantum?

I thought .hack// was done with the Haseo-era?
Even if they say the horse is dead; if the horse is still worth something, might as well keep beating it with the money stick as long as possible.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 14:11   Link #92
Forsaken_Infinity

Not one anime I can say I am truly excited about...

But I am definitely looking out for Fractale, Beelzebub and Gosick.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 14:33   Link #93
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This is a a rather bizarre season coming up. Not too much catches my eye and much sounds pretty safe/derivative.

Sigh, nonetheless I'll probably take a look at these:

Kimi ni Todoke - season 2
I enjoy the series though I sometimes want to strangle the characters - so it goes.

Wandering Son
*might* be interesting if only because it involves two "odd characters" who might naturally connect.

Merry Dream Eater
Mostly just an episode to check out the artwork... the plot summary sounds too much "targeted to children". So its most likely just "look and wander off"

Starry Sky
Hm... something actually out of the usual just based on gender ratio. It isn't clear whether it branches more toward shoujo or seinen from the wiki writeups.

Haiyoru! Nyarlko: Remember My Love (Craft-sensei)
ROFL... okay, anything with Lovecraftian elements, romance, and "-ko"ified HAS to be checked out by order of Chibi-Cthulhu.

There's a few others that I might try but will wait til I see the initial responses from the first few episodes.
Old 2010-11-16, 15:06   Link #94
ditn

Beelzebub and thats about it i guess,im getting less and less interested in the current anime pff
Where are you hajime no ippo :'(
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 15:39   Link #95
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I'm going with Gosick, Beelzebub, and Infinite Stratos. As usual the winter season sucks.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 15:54   Link #96
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i chose zombie and IS

my second set is Yumekui Merry and gosick

usually light novel adaptation is good since they tend to focus on story
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 16:03   Link #97
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Merry Dream Eater
Mostly just an episode to check out the artwork... the plot summary sounds too much "targeted to children". So its most likely just "look and wander off".
...How does anything in that summary sound as though it's specifically "targeted towards children"? To me it just sounds surreal.

The majority of anime is marketed towards teenagers and kids anyway.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 19:26   Link #98
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...How does anything in that summary sound as though it's specifically "targeted towards children"? To me it just sounds surreal.

The majority of anime is marketed towards teenagers and kids anyway.
There's a few ravines and plains between stuff targeted to, say, an 11 yr old and stuff targeted to, say, a 16 yr old. The summary gave vibes toward the earlier age sector. But hey, its always guesswork -- I've certainly run across enough "adult" material that I think an elementary schooler would find laughable in plot.
Old 2010-11-16, 22:28   Link #99
Falkor

Hourou Musuko : Noitamina show for the winter season dealing with the issue of gender identity disorder. I just watched the 2nd PV, and visuals look absolutely gorgeous.

Fractale : Original work/concept for the Noitamina slot. Yamakan is putting his career on the line, or so he says.

Yumekui Merry : manga had a very nice artwork and the story was interesting. should be fun to watch.

Gosick : it was surprisingly interesting when I read the manga, so I'm just curious about how it will turn out in animated form.

Mitsudomoe : loved the first season, so I welcome the second one. Hitoha is awesome.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 23:39   Link #100
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
There's a few ravines and plains between stuff targeted to, say, an 11 yr old and stuff targeted to, say, a 16 yr old.
Yeah, but it's not as though shows intended for kids can't be appreciated and enjoyed by adults; just look at Batman: The Animated Series.

Quote:
The summary gave vibes toward the earlier age sector.
Not... really? Having dreams about warring cats and being able to see auras through your fingers doesn't really strike me as childish so much as plain odd, like I said.

You've at least seen the PV, right?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series