Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-11, 19:24   Link #61
BiZz
God ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
As far as I am concerned yuri vibes are a good thing but I am not going to complain (much) if things remain on the subtext level and not move to yuri relationships.
I Hope there will be a confession with nono and mugi like Paula and Kate in Red Garden xD
Not too much just a few...
(Spoil me if you read the manga )

The episode 3 is good even if I don't understand all the things
Nono For the Win !
Old 2007-04-12, 11:11   Link #62
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've made a full blog post for episode 3, including a detailed summary.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-04-12, 13:31   Link #63
BiZz
God ?

Thx for the summary
You make a good job

Are you japanese ? ^^
Old 2007-04-12, 15:26   Link #64
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Kaoru Chujo, thanks for the summary. This episode was a bit over my level,
Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2007-04-12, 17:42   Link #65
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I even got impatient enough to watch the raws and I still don't know why I actually the series. Maybe I am in the mood for onee-sama type of character and so far Nono fits the bill perfectly. I would normally expect a character like Mugi to really get on my nerves but this has yet to happen, I do suspect it has something to do with her seiyuu's efforts.

Spoiler for ep.3:

Old 2007-04-14, 15:15   Link #66
Dandruff
Flakey

^yuri love theory, lawl, that'd be nice ;P

I'm enjoying this series, a simple slice of life charactor driven story, I'd like to thank Kaoru Chujo for the summaries, really helped me understand the parts I didn't get. ^o^
Old 2007-04-15, 04:00   Link #67
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
this could be a great "personal journey" type story, though I'm kind of paranoid that the "main character finding it difficult to speak" will be executed as more of a "moe" thing than "serious" thing.
Although that was posted two weeks ago, it sums up my feelings about the show perfectly - I have high hopes for this story based on the first episode, but they could easily take the (shal)low road and ruin it. I'm not quite at the stage of going hunting for the raws yet, but the comments about eps2-3 make me cautiously optimistic.

Quick question about ep1: around 19:50, just after the tongue-twisters, Risaki says "You'll be able to say these kinds of things smoothly, and when looking for a job or in fields of flowers, there'll be lillies!" Does anyone know what she means here? When Risaki says "yuri!" I immediately think Nono x Mugi
Old 2007-04-18, 14:27   Link #68
BiZz
God ?

Episode 4
I don't understand at all but it is a funny episode, especially Nono :3
Old 2007-04-18, 15:14   Link #69
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've made a full blog post for episode 3, including a detailed summary.
Thanks for the blogging.... I've had to backburner this one for a bit due to RL impedes on anime time and bandwidth limits. Hope to catch them on my next visit to a location with a "real internet connection"...
Old 2007-04-18, 18:58   Link #70
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Wow, I don't know what to make of episode 4. We get to see the "don't you dare piss her off" part of Nono...
Spoiler for episode 4:
Old 2007-04-18, 19:10   Link #71
mintyfresh
Altoid

Well episode 3 was certainly a change of direction..
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Quick question about ep1: around 19:50, just after the tongue-twisters, Risaki says "You'll be able to say these kinds of things smoothly, and when looking for a job or in fields of flowers, there'll be lillies!" Does anyone know what she means here? When Risaki says "yuri!" I immediately think Nono x Mugi
Lol, that's a mistranslation, I think.

x yuri
o yuuri (as in 有利)

What Risaki's saying there is that speaking clearly can be helpful when going on to find a job or when going to college. Granted, it's all done within that strange tongue twister speech, so I can see how the translators could get confused..
Old 2007-04-18, 21:12   Link #72
Triker

Spoiler for episode 4:
Old 2007-04-19, 06:22   Link #73
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh View Post
Lol, that's a mistranslation, I think.

x yuri
o yuuri (as in 有利)
Cheers, that does make more sense. Although now you've got me trying to think up jokes about 有利な百合...

Aarghh, I want to see more of this show! Time to start relying on the generosity of those who've blogged the later episodes, methinks.
Old 2007-04-19, 11:38   Link #74
Ch1kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker View Post
Spoiler for episode 4:
Spoiler for what the doctor says to Nono:
Old 2007-04-20, 20:17   Link #75
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 4 summary now posted on my blog. Sorry for the delay. Real life got in the way, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-04-22, 06:41   Link #76
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Episode 4 summary now posted on my blog. Sorry for the delay. Real life got in the way, lol.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy trying to watch anime" (apologies to John Lennon)

Seriously though, thank you for taking the time to blog this series. Thanks to your posts and everyone else in this thread, I've been able to watch eps 2-4 raw without getting completely lost.

Spoiler for question about eps2-3:

Spoiler for ep4:

Other random observations:

I'm quite enjoying the incidental music. Instead of an OST we're apparently looking at two BGM / drama CDs - one for Mugi released 2007-05-30, and another for Nono due 2007-06-27. Although the OP didn't grab me at first (and the ED still doesn't, to be honest), I'm liking it more with each listen - enough that I'm tempted by the combined OP/ED single due out on Wednesday.

Visually speaking, this is my favourite bit of the OP sequence - I think it captures the very heart of the show. This, however, is my least favourite bit: I know it's a tradition, but just once can't we have a highschool anime without a beach / swimming pool / onsen scene?

I've also been wondering about the word hitohira. My dictionary gives "a single leaf / petal / sheet (of paper)" - I'm guessing a single petal, judging by the OP and Kayo's speech in ep1. So it refers to the importance of a single fleeting opportunity? That would fit with the theme of Mugi overcoming her fears.

And a final bit of trivia, since someone commented that Mugi seemed an unusual name: the kanji 麦 mugi means a cereal like wheat or barley. I'm not really sure what this tells us...
Old 2007-04-22, 22:01   Link #77
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

LOL, Nono is quite the tyrant in episode 4. The good news is that the combination of comedy and drama still works for and I tend to be picky when the two get mixed up. And yes Kaoru, your blog is a lifesaver, thanks a lot for the summaries.

Spoiler for episode 4:

Old 2007-04-22, 22:24   Link #78
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

>>Simon: I thought that performance was a one-off. And that first thing from the OP you linked to is indeed really suggestive/effective/memorable. Somehow, it gives me a thrill whenever I see it.

>>Matrim: You bring up several things in the episode that gave me more confidence that this is not just going to evolve in some standard simple cliched way.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-04-22 at 22:39.
Old 2007-04-25, 08:46   Link #79
sei

This show is getting better and better. I'm enjoying the subtle storyline more than I initially expected. The animation is still neat and consistent(judging from ep.5). IMHO, this series is the hidden gem of the Spring season.
Old 2007-04-25, 13:54   Link #80
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

EDIT: Episode 5 blog post up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sei View Post
This show is getting better and better. I'm enjoying the subtle storyline.... IMHO, this series is the hidden gem of the Spring season.
No question about it. Ep5 is just terrific: subtle, emotional, real. Maybe the best episode so far. This full feeling in my chest is something I only get from the best: NANA, Simoun, Bokura ga Ita.

And all the VAs are doing so well. Especially Kawasumi Ayako (Nono) and Kimoto Orie (Mugi), but the others, too. Narita Ken as Katsuragi really did it for me in this episode.

It was also interesting to see a beach episode without rampant fanservice. Not that I object to that, but this ep made such effective use of the setting without it.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-04-25 at 17:05.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen, slice of life