AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-24, 19:43   Link #921
SABER60069

He definitely hates love

He breaks up Donar and his lover and did who knows what to her

He kills Jin right after he decides he wants to be with Yunoha not to mention placing that communicator in front of her before that probably in an attempt to break them up

When Kagura succeeded in capturing Mikono he refuses to open the gate for him on purpose

Every single time he sees a couple he tries to kill one of them or break them up
Old 2012-06-24, 23:33   Link #922
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

So anyone heard anything about a possible movie for the show? Think I saw on a website that Aquarion Evol is gonna have a movie but I just wanted to make sure and not get my hopes up too high LOL
Old 2012-06-25, 00:35   Link #923
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
So anyone heard anything about a possible movie for the show? Think I saw on a website that Aquarion Evol is gonna have a movie but I just wanted to make sure and not get my hopes up too high LOL
No movie, but purportedly there's going to be a director's cut version of episode 26 on the last blueray/DVD set.
Old 2012-06-25, 01:14   Link #924
Destined_Fate

That Direct's Cut better give Zessica a happy ending. If anyone has worked hard enough for one it's her.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:19   Link #925
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That Direct's Cut better give Zessica a happy ending. If anyone has worked hard enough for one it's her.
What's not 'happy' about Zessica's ending? I for one thought it was a fitting position for Zessica to be in (and at least she didn't die)...and at least she's cheering on Amata x Mikono relationship, I think that's what counts the most (because she loves Amata so much and cares about him that being happy for him and Mikono is the best she can do). And she obviously does not hate Mikono, I would rather have had this ending then one where any more characters died.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:26   Link #926
Destined_Fate

Are you blind? Zessica was abused for nearly the entirety of the show and has shown no inclination of moving on. Her reactions in the ending was telling enough. She will never be allowed a happy ending, not even in a 12,000 years because no matter how bad Amata and Mikono screwed up and undeveloped their relationship was they will still end up with each other. There is literally no hope for Zessica.

A better fate would have been death for her, at least than she can die without seeing Mikono having Amata in this cycle and every other cycle afterward even though Mikono has done nothing but abuse him and being a useless damsel in distress. So when she reincarnates she wouldn't have to feel/remember the heartache she had for Amata in a past life. Instead she will live on without love than die knowing that not only is she an intruder but even after all she went through there was nothing waiting for her at the end of this road or any future roads as far as Amata is concerned. Her chances with ever getting Amata in this life and all the lives after simply don't exist after Evol, and the realization of that weighs heavily on her, no matter how much more effort she exerts or love she feels/shows Amata than Mikono.

Moral of the story.

If you want to nab a man do these things.

1) If you have green hair, dye it another color.
2) Never reveal your feelings to your love. Abuse him and lead him on until the very last second. Also be sure to show jealousy when he looks at other woman and anger if he looks at you.
3) Be sure to cause a ton of unneeded suffering for the rest of the cast than whine about all the suffering you're causing everyone but choose not to end even though you could.
4) Show more attraction to the Rival.
5) Be useless, never think for yourself or do anything.
6) Have Destiny to cover your lack of development.
7) Be shy and incompetent. It's cute when you can't do anything and need your love to lead you!
8) Get mad at your love no matter what they do even if they aren't at fault.
9) Tell them you have something to say than tell them they have to wait after your solo journey not to be useless that will end in failure because you're useless.
10) Be a Dog Lover, or rather have a dog wanting to mount you in a past life.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-25 at 04:37.
Old 2012-06-25, 04:32   Link #927
genjo sanzo

It would be nice to see in this director's cut an alternate ending. Or maybe a special 27's episode. We will see.
Old 2012-06-25, 07:15   Link #928
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Are you blind? Zessica was abused for nearly the entirety of the show and has shown no inclination of moving on. Her reactions in the ending was telling enough. She will never be allowed a happy ending, not even in a 12,000 years because no matter how bad Amata and Mikono screwed up and undeveloped their relationship was they will still end up with each other. There is literally no hope for Zessica.

A better fate would have been death for her, at least than she can die without seeing Mikono having Amata in this cycle and every other cycle afterward even though Mikono has done nothing but abuse him and being a useless damsel in distress. So when she reincarnates she wouldn't have to feel/remember the heartache she had for Amata in a past life. Instead she will live on without love than die knowing that not only is she an intruder but even after all she went through there was nothing waiting for her at the end of this road or any future roads as far as Amata is concerned. Her chances with ever getting Amata in this life and all the lives after simply don't exist after Evol, and the realization of that weighs heavily on her, no matter how much more effort she exerts or love she feels/shows Amata than Mikono.

Moral of the story.

2) Never reveal your feelings to your love. Abuse him and lead him on until the very last second. Also be sure to show jealousy when he looks at other woman and anger if he looks at you.
3) Be sure to cause a ton of unneeded suffering for the rest of the cast than whine about all the suffering you're causing everyone but choose not to end even though you could.
7) Be shy and incompetent. It's cute when you can't do anything and need your love to lead you!
9) Tell them you have something to say than tell them they have to wait after your solo journey not to be useless that will end in failure because you're useless.
LOL seriously chill, what's done is done and I don't see how it is better killing off Zessica (wouldn't that just make her another Mykage?) Seriously how is death a better ending? It wouldn't benefit her or Amata matter of fact, she wouldn't even be able to experience a new love or know of the possibilities that could have come her way if she were to die...And yeah I do agree Kawamori must have a thing against green haired characters etc etc BUT think about it Mikono is the reincarnation of Sylvia/Celiane and Amata+Kagura the reincarnation of Apollo so inevitably they are meant to end up together/fall in love/etc etc etc and what you are saying with your bottom explanations can be applied to Mikono, tell me if she (MIKONO) were in the same position as Zessica would you feel the same way? And she was only looking sad at the end because obviously she and everyone else don't know what happened to Amata and Mikono since they obviously didn't return to Vega together (I think you need to re-watch the episode). I like Zessica quite a lot and I was prepared to accept a different ending but I never once thought that her dying would resolve any remaining feelings she had for Amata (like seriously...are you wanting her to be EMO??) She doesn't have to change herself and when she did try to (it didn't help her at all) she'll end up finding someone someday that's better than a reincarnated flying dog. You can't help who you fall in love with and love doesn't always go as you planned but dying certainly doesn't solve anything.
Old 2012-06-25, 07:48   Link #929
Destined_Fate

You are clearly too blinded by your love for the dreaded main pairing to understand anything that has happened to Zessica or how jarring it is that even in the end no one acknowledged all her suffering and that there is literally nothing left for her after the entire series since she hasn't moved on(Kawamori you bastard, you couldn't even give us that). At least in death, if she died before Amata takes his useless wench, she could still cling on to hope that she'll one day meet, or at least believe she has met, Amata again in another cycle only without Mikono there to do nothing and still win.

Falling on that weak Destiny defense when the Evol's theme was about defying Destiny. The only ones that defied it were Fudo, Zessica, and Kagura in the end. Amata embraced Destiny and Mikono did nothing in 26 episodes but to serve as Amata's weak love interest who's inability to do anything is supposed to be endearing. I worry for Amata if he decides to head to work one day and leaves the kids at home with her.

Considering how poorly characterized Mikono is I wouldn't even bat an eye if they had her sacrifice herself in the end. At least that way she would have done something even if she was useless for the rest of the series.
Old 2012-06-25, 08:00   Link #930
bastek66

Quote:

11) Be voiced by Ai Kaiano, If your rival is Kana Hanazawa.
Spoiler for long pic:
Old 2012-06-25, 08:33   Link #931
Destined_Fate

That's just horrible...

Why do all the girls on the left look weak and the girls on the right look strong?
Old 2012-06-25, 08:35   Link #932
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
That's just horrible...

Why do all the girls on the left look weak and the girls on the right look strong?
Blame the typecasting that those 2 seiyuu get (there are exceptions though).
Old 2012-06-25, 08:40   Link #933
Zuul

Quote:
That's just horrible...

Japaneses maybe prefer the girly weak helpless type.

Destined Fate just should watch Black Lagoon or Gintama. There is no girly weak helpless type in those animes/mangas.
Old 2012-06-25, 08:50   Link #934
Destined_Fate

Perhaps that's just a divide with the times. Maybe things will change once more of the old faces leave the scene and new face comes in with new ideas. From what I've been told is that Japan has always been resistant to change or something when it comes to these things.

I already watched Black Lagoon a long time ago. It was pretty good, even with Revy's messed up history she doesn't let it get in her way of kicking ass and letting all the other women know not touch her man or prepared to get their ass handed to them. Too bad the manga is on hiatus.

Gintama? I watched it but it seems to be more comic relief than aynthing else.
Old 2012-06-25, 08:57   Link #935
Zuul

Quote:
Perhaps that's just a divide with the times. Maybe things will change once more of the old faces leave the scene and new face comes in with new ideas. From what I've been told is that Japan has always been resistant to change or something when it comes to these things.

I already watched Black Lagoon a long time ago. It was pretty good, even with Revy's messed up history she doesn't let it get in her way of kicking ass and letting all the other women know not touch her man or prepared to get their ass handed to them. Too bad the manga is on hiatus.

Gintama? I watched it but it seems to be more comic relief than aynthing else.
It's comical, but the authors respect his female characters and they kick ass. I suspect Otae is on par with Kamui and Umibozu in term of strength.

The male lead is also awesome.

In aquarion, I shouldn't have expected well-rounded female characters to begin with since the show is aimed at otakus.
Old 2012-06-25, 09:26   Link #936
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
She should die because she couldn't get Amata?

That's unfair. It reduces everything about her only to her love for Amata. Okay, so the writers of EVOL did the exact same thing for most of the series, but I think it does a disservice to the character to say that she would be better off dead rather than seeing a person she fell for strongly in this life with someone else.

Zessica has more to her than just her love. She definitely has worth aside from that love! She's only a kid, and she can grow stronger as a person and get over her heartache in time. There are plenty of things waiting for her in her future. Some characters in some series are screwed up and weak enough that they would be better off dead, but I don't think Zessica is one of them.
Old 2012-06-25, 09:35   Link #937
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
You are clearly too blinded by your love for the dreaded main pairing to understand anything that has happened to Zessica or how jarring it is that even in the end no one acknowledged all her suffering and that there is literally nothing left for her after the entire series since she hasn't moved on(Kawamori you bastard, you couldn't even give us that). At least in death, if she died before Amata takes his useless wench, she could still cling on to hope that she'll one day meet, or at least believe she has met, Amata again in another cycle only without Mikono there to do nothing and still win.

Falling on that weak Destiny defense when the Evol's theme was about defying Destiny. The only ones that defied it were Fudo, Zessica, and Kagura in the end. Amata embraced Destiny and Mikono did nothing in 26 episodes but to serve as Amata's weak love interest who's inability to do anything is supposed to be endearing. I worry for Amata if he decides to head to work one day and leaves the kids at home with her.

Considering how poorly characterized Mikono is I wouldn't even bat an eye if they had her sacrifice herself in the end. At least that way she would have done something even if she was useless for the rest of the series.
LOL...no use getting all emotional about it. I'm just happy that I am not like you who wishes a character die due to the fact that she has been emotionally battered since she started having feelings throughout the series. And I'm glad you dislike Mikono so much (she probably would dislike you too, OH NO wait she wouldn't because she wasn't designed that way LOL) And so what if I ship Amata x Mikono? You got a problem with it? I don't go ranting about how blinded or ignorant another person is because they ship Zessica (seriously are you like a 9 year old kid?) Yeah I like this ending because it's Amata x Mikono but I have disliked it if anyone else had died. I don't hate Zessica I just don't like her as much as Mikono (so what) we all have our preferences, Mikono appeals to me more than Zessica but you know what preferred Ranka over Sheryl in Macross F and Minmay in the original Macross series, so uh yeah don't get too upset about it...just move on from it buddy.
Old 2012-06-25, 09:36   Link #938
Destined_Fate

Not even gonna bother with you Winged.

No, she should have died because at least than she wouldn't have to go through all of that only to end up alone while the useless one is making out with the jerk that ignored her. Than there's the thing where no one seems to understand what Zessica actually went through other than Mikono(Like she would tell anyone) and Kagura(He isn't actually liked by the cast considering that he was a villain til the last second).

If they had made her move on after Evol and accepted she has no hope for being with him than great. Instead she hasn't shown to be moving on or even wanting to even though all hope for her is lost. So there was no point in her suffering at all and than for her to have to live in the aftermath without anyone to care? Oh wait, Kagura suddenly cares but her friends and the man she loves dropped her in an instant don't care what she went through and up to the finale didn't even care if she was alive or notice that she was missing. That's a fate worse than death knowing that after everything no one cared for her other than Kagura who she had literally just met since in other cases they were fighting.

There's nothing left to grow, the series ends with her not moving on. The only thing in her future is more suffering because they couldn't even let her move on in the end. That is just a horrible fate for anyone, especially someone who has suffered so much up to this point for no good reason at all.
Old 2012-06-25, 09:46   Link #939
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
That's a fate worse than death knowing that after everything no one cared for her other than Kagura who she had literally just met since in other cases they were fighting.

There's nothing left to grow, the series ends with her not moving on. The only thing in her future is more suffering because they couldn't even let her move on in the end. That is just a horrible fate for anyone, especially someone who has suffered so much up to this point for no good reason at all.
She has the opportunity to move on in the future, because she's alive. EVOL doesn't end with saying "and Zessica was unhappy for the rest of her life, which was worth nothing unless Amata was her man". We don't know what will happen to her. She has all the chances in the world to be happy.

It's not true that nobody cares about her. She has friends at Neo-Deava, and probably has family too. It's just that the person she loves doesn't love her back. A person has worth regardless of whether the one they love loves them. In any case, there is no need for Zessica's worth to be defined by how other people feel about her. She's what, 17 years old or something like that? Plenty of people have felt an unrequited love at that age, but that doesn't have to define their entire life. Even if they say "It's the end for me! My life is over because X doesn't love me!" it's not true.
Old 2012-06-25, 09:54   Link #940
Destined_Fate

Yet it doesn't end with Zessica moving on either and the Series is over. If she can't move on even after all hope for a relationship is lost than there is only pain awaiting her. All they needed to do was show, even if just a small scene, of her taking the first step of moving on and it would have been fine, we didn't even get that so there isn't happiness waiting for her in the future as far as the series ending shows. Unless she becomes shallow and dates Kagura just because he's "Other" Amata. Though he at least doesn't treat her like shit like Amata and her supposed friends do.

Family that was never shown or mentioned. For all we know they're dead, abusive, or whatever.

Friends that knew she was on Altair earlier but didn't even bother to look for her or wonder where she was at or show any concern for her state of being when they all knew she was suffering because of Amata x Mikono. Yeah, some real friends huh? Even after all she's done for everyone they dropped her fast. It's even sadder that only Kagura cared because he can literally relate to having endless BS thrown at him for no good reason and no one caring.
Closed Thread