AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 49 49.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 24.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.01%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-04, 21:25   Link #61
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Looks like my fears has come to light. Am I the only one disappointed in Hei getting his old look back?

Damn, wanted to see him again in his episode 1 look (long hair, mask, tattered clothes) but I guess you can't have everything. I'll stop now, I don't want to spoil the people screaming with glee when Hei showed up with his "bringing sexy back" face.

Man what a cliffhanger. When Hei finally started kicking ass again, the episode ended

It must be the clothes she's wearing. Those are male clothing, right?
after the ending even Shou said that it must be the clothes she's wearing and that she's Shou not Shion but her mother stops the car saying it can't be true. Shou died 8 years ago. This is getting exciting can't wait until next episode.
Old 2009-12-04, 21:34   Link #62
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well, now we know why the family registry was changed twice, once for Suou's death and once for her revival. I'm torn as to what I think. One the one hand, she could be a clone of Shion created after the Tokyo Explosion as a decoy (from what and for whom I don't know, I don't remember seeing pictures that are more than a year or two old anyway). Or she could be a doll that was implanted with Suou's memories and set to live her life, she could even be Madame Oreille's real daughter, but that wouldn't explain how she got contractor powers.
Old 2009-12-04, 21:58   Link #63
cjl

Perhaps Shion's contractor power is to make a clone of a person, but since the clone has no memories, it's essentially a doll. Then the father uses his research on ME to extract some memories and put them into the clone/doll.
As proof, I would like to point out that Shion's remuneration is not being able to walk, and he is currently wheelchair bound, after revealing in episode 1 that he had just finished paying off his remuneration. At the same time, we now know that their was a clone of the father with only 1 weeks worth of memories.

In the case of Suou, she could be a clone/doll that had Shion's memories put into her, thus explaining why she has memoreis older than her supposed revival/cloning by Shion. Since they were identical in appearance, the Suou in the memories might actually be Shion. This might also explain the glowing Suou in the prologue of one of the earlier episodes (2? I think?). At that moment, Shion gained his contractor powers, cloned Suou, and lost the use of his legs. The clone Suou was given an incomplete form of Shion's memories so that she would think of herself and remember herself as Suou, therefore the link to the father's research.

Finally, I would like to point out that Yin is codenamed Izanami, and she has been revealed to be a doll with contractor like powers. Suou might be Izanagi, likewise a doll/clone with contractor like powers.
Old 2009-12-04, 22:12   Link #64
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Errghhh.. Flying cars!!!

And yeah, plot twist at the end.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-12-04, 22:51   Link #65
Yuutsu

Good old Misaki. I see that she's still trying to get into Hei's pants. = D

Oh, and I didn't mind Hei's long hair; rather, I thought he looked pretty cool/GAR with it. I just didn't like his beard. It annoys me.
Old 2009-12-04, 23:37   Link #66
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
"Izanagi gazes upon the false seabottom, waiting for Izanami. Izanami will cross the sea bottom and eventually, the two will meet. When they do, Heaven and Earth split in two, and the Gate of Hell will open it's way there. From the Gate will come forth one, a being unknown. And strife will continue for eternity."

Could the false seabottom be referred as a term for the sky with the false stars? Will Hei reunite with Yin and die together? Goddamit Bones, you better not kill of Hei!!!!!!!!!
Holy crap, that's deep stuff (although I shouldn't be surprised, heh). I was going crazy trying to figure it out
Old 2009-12-04, 23:38   Link #67
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
You know, I can't believe nobody (including myself) thoguht of this before, but there's a possible simple solution to Hei's power problem; he could just try going to Hell's Gate. Carmine got her powers back in S1 when Hei took her to the gate, so why doesn't Hei give it a shot? It shouldn't be a problem for him to get there.
Actually some did . Ok not saying exactley "go to Hell's gate" but that if he goes there he'll probably get his powers back. This was one of the main reasons i whought he could get them back in the first place + one of the reasons he was going to Tokyo.

I need to go watch the episode now^^
Old 2009-12-04, 23:39   Link #68
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Suou and Shion probably both existed when we saw them with their parents at the aquarium a few episodes ago, when they were 3-6 years old. But that was also a memory of Suou's, so we can't be sure.

But it was not a memory of Suou's when the meteor hit in episode one, when both Shion and some form of Suou existed, at 12 years old. Shion was injured -- his eye was bleeding. His father called out for him, but Shion called to Suou. The ghost we saw then could even have been Yin. Don't know who. But since he lost/changed his eye then, it still seems likely to me that was when Shion became a contractor.

When the lab was going to be raided in ep1, Shion went to his father and told him, and confirmed from him that escape routes had been set up for him and his father. No mention of Suou. I still think papa being so concerned that Suou not spend too much time in Shion's room was significant, but I'm not sure of what.

At that time, April was working in the lab. Shion spoke in Suou's mind and told her to go to April for a way out. He also told her to keep the pendant, since that would allow them to get back together. April told Suou (thinking she was Shion) that she worked for MI6 (which I should have realized from season one). So Pavlichenko was connected with British security.

The false ocean must be the aquarium.

This was an excellent episode because it added more plot interest to the deep human interest the show already had for me. Suou continues to be a great character. She's a fascinating human being -- even if she isn't really human, lol. Hanazawa Kana's best performance yet.

The little joke between Kiko and her friend at the beginning, and the flying car, were both like easter eggs, planted by the director for his and our tangential amusement. I scrambled around looking for a flying car in a previous episode, then realized it was likely in Railgun, lol.

I think Hei looks good in all his guises.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-04, 23:57   Link #69
Tsukou

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Man these "you can't be her...because...because she died 8 years ago" plottwists are getting reallllly old. Instead of being shocked...once i heard her call "shion", i was like "oh boy, damn not this kinda plot twist...please no".

Ugh it's not even good, and just comes off as annoying to me. But i'll give it until the end of the series to see how they wrap this up.

So she's like what Shion/their father did with himself? Somewhat like a clone but not really?
How is the plot twist not good? Because it's been done before? Clearly because you have questions as to how it happened makes the plot twist all the more interesting, because it's something that, now that it's happened, you're kind of going like.. "how'd this happen?.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori<3 View Post
Yeah... It was so predictable it's getting me irritated :/ Such a "dramatic" episode, thanks God (or rather BONES) that we saw Kiko and Gai... I have thought those series would be better. I was waiting to see more Hei and Yin, not a little girl. Suou's transformation, her love to Hei... that's not DTB, that I was expecting
How was this predictable? Did you foresee this in earlier episodes? Obviously you saw it coming at the end, but did you see it coming before that glaring foreshadowing was made? Unless you saw this coming far earlier than one statement which was made, followed by the scene in consecutive order, within moments of each other, than I'd have to say it was quite unpredictable.
Old 2009-12-05, 00:35   Link #70
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
How is the plot twist not good? Because it's been done before? Clearly because you have questions as to how it happened makes the plot twist all the more interesting, because it's something that, now that it's happened, you're kind of going like.. "how'd this happen?.."
I'm personally sick with these type of plot twists. Why? Because more often than not, they are not pulled off well. And instead of getting your, ((((MIND F*CK)))) moment, you just get a big, fat, slimy FAIL.

THAT'S why I said that I'll just have to wait and see how the director wraps this up before i make any further judgments or remarks about the plot twist. If done well, it can be a huge boost in character development. Let's hope they pull it off well, because to be honest, I'm not liking this season as much as I did season 1. Sure, Suou is a great character and i love her from the bottom of my heart (not in a perverted way you lolis)...but there's just something about this storyline that's just not quite cutting it for me. (But don't get me wrong, this season has had its moments...just not as much as I'd like).

Anyway, as for predictability...I believe the theory that Suou was a clone of some sorts was brought up quite a few episodes ago. I too had the same thoughts, so if it is truly in fact the case, then yes, the plot is a bit too cliche...hence, why I "ugh'd" at the "i've missed you so much...Shion" part because it was obviously going to lead to a "No...you can't be...because, because Suou died 8 years ago!!! *gasp...not reallllllly*".

Good enough an explanation for you?

edit:
Quote:
Yeah... It was so predictable it's getting me irritated :/ Such a "dramatic" episode, thanks God (or rather BONES) that we saw Kiko and Gai... I have thought those series would be better. I was waiting to see more Hei and Yin, not a little girl. Suou's transformation, her love to Hei... that's not DTB, that I was expecting

Hei is returning to his old self... just when I have started like his hobo self xP
And again... no Yin... meh, I'm just loosing enthusiasm for this season...
And maybe Suou will be Hei's last loli:
Yeah I do agree, in some ways the original "feel" of DTB is not present in this second season, but I'm sure it will be in the OVA. After all, this season as a whole, if seen as more of a transition scene for Hei, then makes a bit more sense. Like i said above, the season has had its moments.

Haha and yeah, just as I'm starting to get used to Hobo Hei, he decides to shave and go back to his normal self (just no abilities yet >.>!) And seriously! Yin needs to get back to Hei and be all lovey-dovey with him !

Suou...Hei's last loli eh? What a shame.

Quote:
Pai - flashbacks --> died
Amber -now we have her ghost x_X
Yin - flashback ---> and most probably she will die
Suou - she is already dead
^ LOL...especially the suou one hahahahha, so true so true.
Old 2009-12-05, 01:01   Link #71
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
I would give it 10/10 if there was no henshin scene involved (yes flashbacks count). But hey, clean Hei is back. Now, what I expect from the last 3 eps: full return of the Chinese electric batman and a lot of Yin. Plot getting resolved will just be icing on the cake for me. 8D
Old 2009-12-05, 01:46   Link #72
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

The episode I feared would derail the show when I first saw the previews turned out to be one of the best in the series! I thought it'd be a throwaway episode with the detective and pink-haired girl back in the mix, but it couldn't have been any more story-driven. I mean, as much as I liked those two "gag" characters from season 1, I'm still pretty (and pleasantly) surprised they worked out so well here.

Can't wait for the next ep to learn more about the awesome turn of events.

Old 2009-12-05, 01:49   Link #73
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Well, Suou cant be a doll and contractor can she? Well, this episode hurt her season survivability odds.

And it also makes me feel bad for her, she was caught up in all this before it began, and it appears her brother is just using her as a scapegoat throughout the season.

I hope Suou and Hei reunite soon,thereis going to be some great interaction when it happenns.

GodBless your ninja skills Hei.
Old 2009-12-05, 01:56   Link #74
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Let's not jump to conclusions. We still don't know what Suou is and what happened years ago when she died. The most logical explanation right now is that this Suou is not the real Suou and is merely a copy/clone? of the real Suou that died years ago, but this theory is also not 100% explicitly confirmed yet. I think it's a case similar to that doll named Chiaki in S1, I don't remember the details and what happened (since last time I rewatched S1 was a year and so ago), but I do remember that there were two copies of her when Hei reveals to her that she's a doll.
Old 2009-12-05, 02:11   Link #75
Xacual

The case with Chiaki was that the French intelligence group planted a fake Chiaki to lure in and trap the ones who had killed the contractor at the start of ep1. So they had implanted a doll with all her memories and programmed her to act like the real person while hiding her other programming.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-12-05, 03:23   Link #76
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The false ocean must be the aquarium.
I wonder if the Izunami "crossing the sea bottom" refers to Yin's submarine ride or something still coming up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The little joke between Kiko and her friend at the beginning, and the flying car, were both like easter eggs, planted by the director for his and our tangential amusement. I scrambled around looking for a flying car in a previous episode, then realized it was likely in Railgun, lol.
There was a floating car in the first episode, in Russia. Some people thought it was an error with the 3D animation too.

Suou really seemed to be emotional this episode. She was even making some origami, which seemed a little too long since the pool to be for her renumeration. Hope she's not getting unstable like a Moratorium.
Old 2009-12-05, 03:47   Link #77
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

The whole operation at the airport was really intensifying. I liked the part when Mina Hazuki tried to come to the rescue of Yoko. I really hope no harm comes to Yoko though.

I hope Suou figures things out about herself soon...

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-12-05, 04:03   Link #78
orangejuicetang

If you think about that little poem hint thing that Amber left behind, you could say alot of those things have already happened. Yin did cross in an underwater submarine, hence the "cross the sea's bottom", and Shion has been spending alot of time looking at an aquarium, which could fit the "false sea bottom." It does fit..., but it's a really colorful way to put it.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-12-05, 04:27   Link #79
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

ffffffff
I vote this episode a ten just because there's Gai and Kiku in here >w< oh my, I really missed them a lot ;_;
Quote:
From the Gate will come forth one, a being unknown. And strife will continue for eternity."
If what it meant is going to be literally, will it had something to do with the gate and the one who is connected with it ? And perhaps, another new existence...? Hm...for some reasons, I think it's going to will have a connection with Suou

Old 2009-12-05, 05:12   Link #80
McMilk
*Artist

Forget the return of Amber and Gai and whatnot, I'm just happy that Hei finally cut his hair.