AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-27, 06:15   Link #81
sa547
*Author

OMG, more goodies from Gamers!
http://shop.broccoli.co.jp/maker/madoka-magica/
Old 2011-04-27, 07:51   Link #82
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
This thread is rapidly turning into a storm of temptations for actually calling Kyuubey and making a contract.

Sometimes it's really tough to live in the country that both eBay and Paypal refuse to deal with, while the actual anime stuff imports are all Bleach, Death Note, Naruto and sometimes Vampire Knight. I once dumped a disturbing sum into figurines of Kagami and Yui Hirasawa just because these were the characters I really was amused by and I knew their next advent to my city might not happen until several years later.
Now I feel tempted to contract just for the sake of someone getting an idea to import Madoka stuff here.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 09:14   Link #83
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Snork

If you have a credit card with Master Card logo in it, or could borrow one, it's possible to buy items.
Don't have a paypal account. I use credit card to buy from HLJ and CDJapan.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 15:16   Link #84
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

Spoiler for BD 4koma:
icyhandofcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 18:09   Link #85
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
I'm so desperate for Soul Gem jewellery merch. Real life soul gems, I would honestly fork out for one of those and wear it every day <3

Am I the only one that thinks saying
'Red only tells the truth', to prove that it does, is a bit redundant?

I am Racheya-Beatrice, the Emerald Witch of Ambition
Racheya-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 20:23   Link #86
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Spoiler:

This Bluray thing is ridiculous. It's one thing to clean up some of the goofier animation cels in the BD release, but this is just unnecessary. I guess the very first change is okay (the TV version of the room looks REALLY barren there), but the rest of the "revised" screencaps honestly look like they're an exaggerated parody of how everyone touches up the BD releases these days.

The carpet and wallpaper are godawful and over-designed. Why the hell do all of the windows have eight layers of crisscrossing or shadows or something?

Wait, nevermind. The first screencap looks cluttered as fuck, too. It's probably the worst of them.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 20:30   Link #87
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
This Bluray thing is ridiculous. It's one thing to clean up some of the goofier animation cels in the BD release, but this is just unnecessary. I guess the very first change is okay (the TV version of the room looks REALLY barren there), but the rest of the "revised" screencaps honestly look like they're an exaggerated parody of how everyone touches up the BD releases these days.

The carpet and wallpaper are godawful and over-designed. Why the hell do all of the windows have eight layers of crisscrossing or shadows or something?

Wait, nevermind. The first screencap looks cluttered as fuck, too. It's probably the worst of them.
Seriously Mami, do you think you have enough crap in your house? Because I don't think you have enough crap in your house.

I don't know if Shaft would ever win an award for "Best Design" or not. But I can tell you that they'd run away with the award for "Most Design".
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 20:39   Link #88
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

...are we really complaining about anime decor now?
Old 2011-04-27, 21:21   Link #89
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
...are we really complaining about anime decor now?
When the decor is so deliberately overdone that it distracts from a fairly important plot exposition scene, it's worth complaining over.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 21:33   Link #90
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
When the decor is so deliberately overdone that it distracts from a fairly important plot exposition scene, it's worth complaining over.
I don't know about you, but backgrounds never get much more than an, "Oh, neat," from me. I'd have to watch those scenes myself to say for certain, but I don't see them detracting much from the scene.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 21:33   Link #91
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Well if you think about it this way, Mami's parents may have been fairly wealthy and when they died, she inherited all their fortune. To me, Mami's looks and personality also give off an "ojou-sama" vibe. This may explain the apartment's extreme makeover.
Old 2011-04-27, 21:41   Link #92
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Specially if we see it from the fact that she may be trying to fill her loneliness with material possessions.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 21:49   Link #93
gsilver

Well, they did significantly change the feel of the whole scene from spartan and utilitarian to, well, overly fluffy.
Old 2011-04-28, 00:05   Link #94
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Specially if we see it from the fact that she may be trying to fill her loneliness with material possessions.
This. It's a pretty common thing for lonely people to overdecorate. At least her room is cute and doesn't have hundreds of small porcelain statues everywhere.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 00:29   Link #95
Jimmy C

I'd like to point out that Mami's room had been redone as early as the original broadcast of ep10. If you look at the scenes of her room in timeline 1 there, you can see it matches its appearance in ep12 and the BD version.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 00:41   Link #96
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I'd like to point out that Mami's room had been redone as early as the original broadcast of ep10. If you look at the scenes of her room in timeline 1 there, you can see it matches its appearance in ep12 and the BD version.
that makes sense. i always thought that the mami's place in ep 12 was in "heaven" or some sort. it has a different aura than in earlier eps. gonna watch the bd version soon.
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 03:01   Link #97
sa547
*Author

There appears to be some update from the official Twitter regarding the discs:
http://www.madoka-magica.com/news/information.html

From the half-arsed translation, they got a really bad mixup with the contents, and some defects.
http://translate.google.com/translat...formation.html
Old 2011-04-28, 04:59   Link #98
klare

so they redecorated Mami-san's house... i tought she should be a riffle/guns collector

anyway i still look forward to the blu-ray version
Old 2011-04-28, 05:03   Link #99
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
There appears to be some update from the official Twitter regarding the discs:
http://www.madoka-magica.com/news/information.html

From the half-arsed translation, they got a really bad mixup with the contents, and some defects.
http://translate.google.com/translat...formation.html
They had recording problem in episode 2. During the Mami's room scene Mami said certain sentence twice. I think it's mainly due to Shaft' editing which might have lengthened certain scene, thus stupid Sony/Aniplex forget to re-record it. They also had several typos in the guide book.
Old 2011-04-28, 05:11   Link #100
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
@Snork

If you have a credit card with Master Card logo in it, or could borrow one, it's possible to buy items.
Don't have a paypal account. I use credit card to buy from HLJ and CDJapan.
I don't, but getting it might be an idea. My concern is whether our banks have enough reputation worldwide, in the light of recent events.
My biggest hope, actually, is our local (as in, the only local) internet shop dealing with anime stuff. Their stock is narutobleachdeathnote all over again, but they promise to launch a service soon, aiding in ordering and importing things from sites like eBay, Amazon, CDJapam etc. The lucky bastards must have Russian-registered accounts or credit cards, I assume. I'm really looking forward to it.

Quote:
I'm so desperate for Soul Gem jewellery merch. Real life soul gems, I would honestly fork out for one of those and wear it every day <3
Yes, you should really wear it daily. Don't ever leave it to lie and gather dust... or else you'll look at it one day and get a heart attack.

Quote:
Shaft will be Shaft. They do it for fun and hardly care about feedback.

Quote:
that makes sense. i always thought that the mami's place in ep 12 was in "heaven" or some sort. it has a different aura than in earlier eps. gonna watch the bd version soon.
Actually I had an impression that Mami's room in ep 12 is very different from her usual homeplace. Including the furniture.

Quote:
Fix episodes for BDs. Then fix BDs themselves. Fixing is the new bushido.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka magica