AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 00:14   Link #1
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Fate/Zero BD release is uncut and uncensored. There are scenes that were cut due to broadcast time and scenes censored due to the violence. Therefore, we now have more to discuss.

Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Addendum regarding Fate/Zero:
Please remember that, although Fate/Zero is chronologically the prequel of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, this series might be discovered by those who did not watch the previous series or read the Visual Novel.
Therefore, although events are likely to be connected with the story regarding the 5th Holy Grail War, please do not post any F/SN spoiler in any F/Z thread.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 13:30   Link #2
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
While I haven't had the chance to watch the uncut episodes, I did watch the first episode of the Einzbern Consultation Room Special. I found it to be both extremely informative and clever.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:16   Link #3
STaRGaZeR69

Anybody else noticing the atrocious sound the BDs have? Volume is up and down all the time, like normalization gone bad, and is annoying as hell in the combat scenes like in epidode 5. Take a look at when Gilgamesh is throwing stuff at Berserker, volume is so fucking borked there.

My review: image quality is excellent, but sound quality is horrible. Added scenes are meh at best.
STaRGaZeR69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 20:51   Link #4
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

is there any kind soul will take a screenshot of the uncut scenes?
Old 2012-03-28, 21:31   Link #5
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

The uncut scenes are great. We see how the Assassins were ordered to attack in episode 11 and Sola-Ui and Lancer's discussion before heading out in episode 13. I'm surprised they left those parts since they do add a lot. Luckily they included them in the BD.

As for the uncensored stuff... really disturbing. So horrible. What makes it worse is you start to feel bad for the villains that their lair was destroyed and their "art" ruined. It's wrong to feel bad for them! How perplexing!

I think my favorite addition was Saber and Iri when they arrived in Japan from Russia. One notable thing was they mentioned how Saber cannot change form like the other Servants. I totally forgot about that. I think it's just a plot device so we see her more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR69 View Post
Anybody else noticing the atrocious sound the BDs have? Volume is up and down all the time, like normalization gone bad, and is annoying as hell in the combat scenes like in epidode 5. Take a look at when Gilgamesh is throwing stuff at Berserker, volume is so fucking borked there.

My review: image quality is excellent, but sound quality is horrible. Added scenes are meh at best.
I didn't find the sound to be bad, but I mixed it with Dolby so maybe it's your sound settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
is there any kind soul will take a screenshot of the uncut scenes?
Can't play the BDs on my computer. But... you don't want to see them.
Old 2012-03-29, 03:22   Link #6
blue_sora

Oh so the uncensored Caster's scenes is pretty disturbing? I heard the manga was more disturbing because it depicted exactly like what described in the novel, but the anime tamed it more because ufotable doesn't want the selling point is the gore.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 05:13   Link #7
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think my favorite addition was Saber and Iri when they arrived in Japan from Russia. One notable thing was they mentioned how Saber cannot change form like the other Servants. I totally forgot about that. I think it's just a plot device so we see her more.
Actually this was explained in the visual novel.
Spoiler for TYPE-MOON Wikia:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 08:08   Link #8
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I know why... I was just making a joke since I had forgotten about it and never questioned why she didn't change into her spirit form.

And be careful with the wiki... it isn't always accurate.
Old 2012-03-29, 08:28   Link #9
chaos_alfa

Quote:
I know why... I was just making a joke since I had forgotten about it and never questioned why she didn't change into her spirit form.

I'm aware of that. I just quoted it because I have read the same explanation in Fate Stay/Night and I wasn't in the mood to type everything down.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 08:49   Link #10
GDB

Quote:
Russia? I thought the Einzbern were from Germany/Sweden/Switzerland/some other relatively german speaking country?

And even if it is a plot device, it's not like it doesn't have an appropriate explaination.

Quote:
Then the people who proclaim absolute knowledge (not saying you're proclaiming that, but I've seen others try to act like they are on here enough times) need to fix it, or make an easily accessible alternative that is accurate. Rather tired of seeing a comment about how it isn't always accurate every time someone mentions the wiki, regardless of whether what they're stating is accurate or not.

Last edited by GDB; 2012-03-29 at 08:59.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 09:58   Link #11
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Russia? I thought the Einzbern were from Germany/Sweden/Switzerland/some other relatively german speaking country?
It was cold and snowing... so I assumed it was Russia. I suppose a mountain in Germany would be cold too.

Quote:
And even if it is a plot device, it's not like it doesn't have an appropriate explaination.
Yeah, that's what I like about Nasu, even the devices have explanations.

Quote:
Then the people who proclaim absolute knowledge (not saying you're proclaiming that, but I've seen others try to act like they are on here enough times) need to fix it, or make an easily accessible alternative that is accurate. Rather tired of seeing a comment about how it isn't always accurate every time someone mentions the wiki, regardless of whether what they're stating is accurate or not.
That would be good. But what happens is anyone can change a wiki and that is it's greatest strength and weakness. Ever read the Naruto one? Written at a fourth grade reading level and edited with each and every chapter, before something is is proven true or false in the series. Happened with the Type-Moon wikia, I saw a change after an episode of Zero aired and that change could not stay because it was untrue - it was a viewer's speculation that is proved false in the novel.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:37   Link #12
GDB

And that's why I added the option of making an easily accessible alternative. =P

Also, it looks like there's three Einzbern specials in season 1. Can't wait for more!
Old 2012-03-29, 11:33   Link #13
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I've shots of the scenes from Caster's layer and in the woods. Not totally outrageous but gruesome stuff nevertheless. Then again it may look worse with movement.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 11:40   Link #14
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Ack, I forgot about this! In some scenes there are specks of light... it looks like dust particles reflecting light to me. Has anyone else noticed these? They are easy to notice when Saber and Iri enter the storehouse at their "new base."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Also, it looks like there's three Einzbern specials in season 1. Can't wait for more!
I'm waiting for the torrent. I skipped through them on the BD but unfortunately they were not subtitled... I feel like a broken record here but it is disappointing. What is cool is that you can shut off the VN-style text box from the pop up menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I've shots of the scenes from Caster's layer and in the woods. Not totally outrageous but gruesome stuff nevertheless. Then again it may look worse with movement.
Plus sound effects. I am glad they toned it down from the novel.
Old 2012-03-29, 21:37   Link #15
GDB

Oh my god, that second Einzbern Consultation Room...

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-30, 12:20   Link #16
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
As for the uncensored stuff... really disturbing. So horrible. What makes it worse is you start to feel bad for the villains that their lair was destroyed and their "art" ruined. It's wrong to feel bad for them! How perplexing!
so they actually show the human furniture and instruments?
Old 2012-03-30, 12:26   Link #17
LostHanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so they actually show the human furniture and instruments?
No, it's not nearly as bad as the novel.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 14:25   Link #18
Humbaba

Since many ones wanted to see the alternative scenes, here on this blog they were screenshotted until episode 09 (the rest should follow the next days I guess).
http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/1280
http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/1444

Didn't watch my BDs yet, since I need a new HDMI cable but I will start tomorrow watching. Can't wait to see the Drama CD and last Einsbern episode translated.
Humbaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 16:15   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbaba View Post
Since many ones wanted to see the alternative scenes, here on this blog they were screenshotted until episode 09 (the rest should follow the next days I guess).
http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/1280
http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/1444

Didn't watch my BDs yet, since I need a new HDMI cable but I will start tomorrow watching. Can't wait to see the Drama CD and last Einsbern episode translated.
thanks

looks like they still chicken out on the laboratory scenes.
Old 2012-03-30, 20:39   Link #20
GDB

Haha, I love their aliases at customs.

Irisviel: Maria Thompson, 27 year-old from New Orleans
Saber: Elise Watoson, 25 year-old from New Orleans