Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-28, 16:19   Link #201
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daheji View Post
It's not official that Haruka and Yuuto are a couple.
I mean, they didn't say "I love you" or kiss or anything like this.

A rival can make her apparence and just hang around Yuuto because Yuuto is a nice guy. And etc etc, the girl fall in love with Yuuto and tells him and voila, a love triangle!

I want to see Haruka fights for the sake of love. *_*
^ i am not disputing that possibility, but as i said - that would make for a so one sided "love triangle" i would be hesitant to even call it that. Just because a girl would happens to fall for Yuuto wouldn't make her a rival by default in my books. She would actually need a realistic chance to be considered a "rival", and with how things are going between Yuuto and Haruka i find it hard to imagine Yuuto seriously considering it.

Of course i could be proven wrong somehow by the show, but as things are now i can't bring myself to imagine Yuuto actually giving some other girl a serious second thought, hence nullifying an actual "love triangle".
Old 2008-07-28, 16:34   Link #202
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
but as things are now i can't bring myself to imagine Yuuto actually giving some other girl a serious second thought, hence nullifying an actual "love triangle".
I've seen shows before that are still love triangles even though the man in the middle has no feelings for one of the girls. It's just another form of the classic love triangle drama. Though i can agree with you --- especially after the third episode that Yuuto going after another girl does not seem possible.
Old 2008-07-28, 16:49   Link #203
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

That is kinda the point i am trying to make in a way - a love triangle with the lead having no interest in either is possible in general, but the way i see it, as far as this show is concerned, Yuuto is quite past the point where he would be capable of having no interest in Haruka. They are bonding more and more with each episode, and i would say at a rather quick pace. This ship has already set sail and it is just a matter of time before it reaches the sea. And i find it next to impossible to imagine it actually showing signs of swaying off-course.
Old 2008-07-28, 17:16   Link #204
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Finished episode 2... behind, again...

I am starting to like this show a lot more. If there's anything I love, it's anime about anime ~ ! It's not too ecchi, better than episode 1, and when it is, it's not over the top or anything. I was so happy that I actually knew some of the stores they went into! I know about animate and also @home cafe! I'm so proud of myself ~ ! Yuuto bugs me a bit as the usual weak shonen-romance lead, but I think his jumping to fantasies and then slapping himself is very funny. I like this show more and more! (^-^)``
Old 2008-07-28, 18:06   Link #205
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well this is one of those series where we can see the ending pair already. Whatever "ups and downs" will provide some spice into the series but I don't think I need to doubt who the ending pair would be. I'm just hoping that this won't end without conclusion...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-07-28, 18:10   Link #206
UPR

I simply loved ep3.

I don't know if it was out of jealousy or what but I loved Haruka's reaction to her sister saying she was going to take Yuuto away for herself.

And have to give Yuuto props for not being the cliche weak male. Especially at then end he was going to say something to the guy it's that the Haruka got in the way. I mean look at haow upset she got at the guy for badmouthing Yuuto it's obvious she has started to feel something.

And let's not forget the hug, glad to see he did not faint or a nosebleed or something of that sort he went and hugged her tighter.

Just hope that by the end we get to see a kiss.
Old 2008-07-28, 19:53   Link #207
SkoolRumble4Ya

I wonder will there be a rival for Haruka? Im glad Haruka slam that sucker. It's obvious Yuto and Haruka will be together there is no denying it. I cant believe Haruka has a trauma over something like that. I'm the only one in my crew that watch anime but they don't treat me any different. Is it really that bad to watch anime in Japan?
Old 2008-07-28, 19:58   Link #208
ApostleOfGod
^.^

This is a generic yet special one. Neither Haruka nor Yuuto are presented as idiots or anything. The romance starts developing from the very early stages. That means there should be some trivial stuff awaiting in the future, the disappointments and heartbreaking moments, the hardships of facing reality as an Otaku and all. Good stuff. I'll keep watching too.

And yeah, I'm also beginning to inquire about whether Anime is really soft among those who do not watch it in Japan. Meh, whatever. Those soft tingz who can't handle people being themselves loving freedom of expression can keep bein' soft.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2008-07-29, 01:25   Link #209
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I would assume that whatever "drama" we are going to get will be coming from Haruka's hobby being exposed (things eventually will have to be resolved on that front), as well as Haruka's family. From what little we know of him, it appears that not only he doesn't know of it, but he is also quite stern and unlikely to approve. Chances should be good he won't be very fond of Yuuto either (And if we follow the usual cliche of such situations, Haruka's mother should be on the other hand )

At any rate, i expect the majority of troubles stemming from Haruka's interests and her family, as we have a fair bit of them in the OP/ED as well. I just hope it remains as cutesy heart-warming as it has been up to now
Old 2008-07-29, 01:49   Link #210
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

That may be true indeed, but from what we see in episode three, Haruka has a much firmer resolve about being a otaku. She even admitted out right that the book belongs to not Yuuto but to herself. She may not have completely overcame her trauma, but I believe that she will be much more confident her hobby rather than cowering and hiding. It is a first step

I personally don't think a love triangle is likely with the relationship seeing how fart the relationship have progressed. I too, think that her father will be the one of the main obstacles in Yuuto and Haruka's relationship. Let us not forget the two, ehh... drunks? at Yuuto's house, I wonder what role they will play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
I just hope it remains as cutesy heart-warming as it has been up to now
Me too... me too...
Old 2008-07-29, 02:19   Link #211
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

In terms of Love Triangles, I think Wiki says it best:

Quote:
Love triangles can either be relatively balanced, in which the two candidates each have a fair chance of ending up with the protagonist, or they can be lopsided, in which the hero or heroine has an obvious romantic interest in one of the candidates, and considers the other candidate as "just a friend," but withholds a confession to avoid hurting his or her feelings.
That is, I personally consider a relationship where A-->B<-->C to already be a love triangle, and no less a triangle than A<-->B<-->C ala Macross Frontier's Ranka/Alto/Sheryl triangle.

All that said, I really don't think the red hair girl has even a hair's chance of getting together with Yuuto. But that might be just be me, as I'm getting major Ai Yori Aoishi vibes from this show, at least in couples department. And yeah, Yuuto and Haruka already being marked by destiny to be together by meeting together as children don't help matters much in that regard either. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-07-29, 07:03   Link #212
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Well, there's love triangles and then there's good love triangles. If the third wheel is obviously just that, and there's almost no way in hell for them to get the object of their affection, then it grows in danger of becoming a pointless and incidental addition to the story.
Old 2008-07-29, 08:53   Link #213
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Now that's where I sincerely and wholeheartedly disagree. Some of my favourite characters are in fact the character who has absolutely no chance to win in a love geometry.

Spoiler for Reideen:

Spoiler for examples, Da Capo:

Spoiler for Kanon 2k2:

As with ANYTHING, it's the execution that counts, and not just the idea itself.

Really now, each person involved in a love geometry having equal chances to win is as often a train wreck as when its lopsided, if not more so. In fact, that's exactly the premise of many below average harem shows, such as Girls Bravo, Amaenaideyo, and To Heart 2 (as much as I love Tama-nee, I do think its a crap show). And need I mention school days, whose popularity does not stem from its plot (which was piss poor) or characters (which even though I'm a big fan of Sekai, felt ridiculously flat), but rather its cathartic resolution which involved Nice Boat?

Why is this the case? Because the vast majority of the time, any development a particular coupling has would eventually be destroyed or disregarded by the development of another coupling. This would see-saw back and forth between two or more characters over and over again, until we reach the end of show. And even then, all these 'development' leads to absolute nowhere as the protagonist STILL hasn't made a decision by that time, more often than not.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-07-29, 09:43   Link #214
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
That is, I personally consider a relationship where A-->B<-->C to already be a love triangle, and no less a triangle than A<-->B<-->C ala Macross Frontier's Ranka/Alto/Sheryl triangle.
Well, i guess then it just boils down to what we personally consider as "love triangles". At least we have established on what we disagree

Let me rephrase then - regardless of what we define as a love triangle, i assume we both can agree that there likely won't be any need for Haruka to "fight" for her love. As things currently stand, i find it impossible to imagine the show actually trying to pretend to question their relationship to any serious degree. This is where i assume Sorrow-K's worries about the third girl possibly being something tacked-on comes from. Of course we don't know yet what other role she might play, but i indeed think that the spot for a serious love rival in this show has been closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze
That may be true indeed, but from what we see in episode three, Haruka has a much firmer resolve about being a otaku. She even admitted out right that the book belongs to not Yuuto but to herself. She may not have completely overcame her trauma, but I believe that she will be much more confident her hobby rather than cowering and hiding. It is a first step
Indeed, she has taken the first step. But that is just the start of it - the problem has always been how people around her react to it. This is what i assume to be the main issue the plot will tackle - people's reactions to Haruka's hobby and (most likely) the eventual acceptance of it. And i assume the biggest hurdle here will most likely be Haruka's own family (the father most likely). But in the end we will get to see the show reaching it's own message already proclaimed by Yuuto - that Haruka is Haruka
Old 2008-07-29, 09:58   Link #215
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

This Is Sooo Addicting!!!!!!!!!!! I Sooo Want To Watch This More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-07-29, 10:51   Link #216
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
This Is Sooo Addicting!!!!!!!!!!! I Sooo Want To Watch This More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay, this is one of the best shows this season.
Old 2008-07-29, 12:47   Link #217
minnadaisuki

It may not be the best for me but it will do.

However, this show is way better than the other series released this July.
Old 2008-07-29, 18:01   Link #218
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

@DragoonKain3: Sure, there are probably lots of good examples of love triangles with a third wheel with little genuine chance, and that it does all come down to a matter of execution. Especially with characters. It's so hard to write genuinely new stories in the romance genre, that writers really need to invest a lot of time into writing really good characters to make them really work.

But some set ups are more susceptible of falling on their face than others. Writers can add a third wheel, but unless they do a good job of justifying just why they're there, it's so easy for it to come off as meaningless and pointless. (Not that I'm really expecting all too much in the way of "meaning" from this show).
Old 2008-07-30, 00:04   Link #219
sakuravs

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnadaisuki View Post
I can't imagine Haruka in real life. If you happen to know a person like Haruka, please introduce her to me.
Lol...
True desu...I've watched lots of "boy likes girl-girl likes boy" anime like this but this one is the most unbelievable & unrealistic. This guy got the girl too easily. He basically does nothing big, it's mostly Haruka that made the move & hooked up with him right at the beginning & create situations for them to get closer. Lucky guy, jeez...maybe that's an ordinary Japanese otaku dream. I think what keep the show going on now is perhaps the moe arts, no more, no less...the music sux, btw...
Old 2008-07-30, 00:37   Link #220
ZODDGUTS

Loving this series. It's clear that both the main character are into each other wonder who will be the one to make the first move i.e. confess their feelings. The younger sister thankfully wasn't annoying looks like she supports them hooking up but is a bit sly enough to tease her sister by hitting on him.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen