AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-03, 20:37   Link #41
Queeny
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I def agree with your statement, I am a KanameYuuki shipper but thats not the reason I dislike Zero. It seems trivial to dislike a character soley based on ship preferances.

Zero is emo, we've all established that I guess why I dont like this vers of emo is cuz of how he ends up treating Yuuki due to it. She wants to help him, even feels bad when she makes the comment about vampires in epi 3. But when she refuses to shoot him he gets all uptight and tells her to pretty much get out of his life. That I have a problem with. Obviously the guy has issues, given his family life and whatnot but this isnt something new to anime, I just dont like how he deals with it all.
indeed , I don't like his acts towards Yuuki .. also it's not the ends of the world whats happened to him .. he have to be in realty and do something ...
Old 2008-05-04, 17:20   Link #42
Yonaka-Mikuzuki

This is probably reversing the conversation, but Zero was the character I liked most in VK. Having read far passed the anime for a long time, like many others his life does have many issues, yet it makes him the diverse character from the "overly optimistic" Yuuki (at least before she became...)

Zero is definitely one of those taken-back and self-reserved character that brings interfering conflict to VK. Everyone knows he really likes Yuuki, but his pride being found out as a level E vampire made him keep his distance from really anyone close to him because he wanted to protect them. So I don't believe he should be referred as "emo" but a soul that has been mercilessly tortured for many years. And there are still people who are willing to bring him back to the hopes of reality.
Old 2008-05-05, 03:30   Link #43
Sandara Lee
Haunted

Send a message via Yahoo to Sandara Lee
Me: Zero kick some ass now please!
Zero: :chomps down a cookie:
Me: ....

I like Zeero looking chibi than emo in the anime.
Old 2008-05-05, 05:10   Link #44
cebukitty

why do so many people badmouth zero for being too "emo"? with the emotional baggage he's lugging around, it'd be downright weird if he acted too cheerful or totally apathetic about his current condition.

Spoiler for manga spoilers until chapter 39:
Old 2008-05-05, 06:05   Link #45
Yonaka-Mikuzuki

Very nicely said words cebukitty, much better than me,....-laughs- but you totally have a good point,
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-05-05, 06:57   Link #46
Kai Yukari

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebukitty View Post
why do so many people badmouth zero for being too "emo"? with the emotional baggage he's lugging around, it'd be downright weird if he acted too cheerful or totally apathetic about his current condition.

Spoiler for manga spoilers until chapter 39:
I have the same views as you except the Yuuki part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonaka-Mikuzuki View Post
Spoiler for manga:
No I don't think he's a Sasuke, their pasts are different. No older brother to hate, no clan to re-establish, and no Narutard to tail his ass. Besides that, their goals are also different. He didn't aim to be powerful and go to the enemy to get his revenge.

I just don't see why Zero keeps being compared to Sasuke, Suzaku and other (I-don't-even-want-to-use-the-term-anymore) characters. God forbid he gets to be compared to Kira Yamato next.

Last edited by Kai Yukari; 2008-05-05 at 07:15.
Old 2008-05-05, 15:48   Link #47
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Yeah,sometimes comparing characters to other characters gets alittle annoying sometimes.
Zero is Zero.
That's all we need to know.
[and i luv him lol xD]

But yeah,there has been some rather good points about Zero's reason on being...emo.
Before in the manga,I was quite annoyed by it.His angst and his pain was pretty repetitive that I started not to like him much as I did with Kaname but I guess that's because bad things kept on happening to him repeatidly.Sure some people are sympathetic no matter what but there's sorta a limit for me before it get irritating.NO I DO NOT HATE ZERO....but I'm just waiting PATIENTLY for him to get out of his emo fest & kick some ass.

Hey,it can be a great stress reliever for him
Who knows xD
Old 2008-05-06, 00:39   Link #48
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Erm even tho im a guy Zero is still my favorite out of the "male" characters.(tied with headmaster for being too funnay)

Ruka is obv my fav char in the series
BUT ANYWAYS I dunno zero seems to emo sometimes. but at the same time, i mean he feels guilty for the things he does, and seems most like a "normal" person/despite being a vampire. i dunno he's pretty kewl
Old 2008-05-07, 16:56   Link #49
zetsubousensei
zoku!

Ya, everyone keeps saying that he's emo....he is....and I love it XD! Well, his reasons are valid, I mean, he has become the last thing, his most hated creature, on top of that add all the crap he's going through. He reminds me of Hamlet, angst ridden and in despair....I don't even know how I made that relationship, but I picture Hamlet as the "dark prince" and Zero as a "dark prince" (even though he's not a prince..meh..it works in my head)...or he can be related to Itoshiki from SZS, always in despair, but he's funny...Zero...not so much....
Old 2008-05-08, 20:24   Link #50
Alea Misa

Zero is a great character, he's dynamic i agree. I don't think he is really emo, since he has such a strong will, and spirit from what he has gone through. Being emo is surrendering yourself in the sorrow and pain, and be completely blinded by it. He's gone through a serious rough patch the past four years, and trying to suppress something that utterly goes against his nature and who he is, is something that has worn away his charismatic and optimistic attitude, along with seeing his family killed right in front of him, as others have mentioned. He's a private person, and chooses to keep people at a distance because he chooses not to bother people with his issues. Zero has had to grow and mature more than anyone else his age.
Spoiler for continuing...:
Old 2008-05-09, 15:20   Link #51
ani_d

Well as far as the anime goes, Zero's affection for Yuuki can also be labeled as sisterly. The same as how Yuuki cares for Zero. Yuuki definitely supports him, but that can't automatically mean Zero has to be in love with her to care for her.

I guess Zero's attitude towards Yuuki is too subtle for me to label it as 'romantic'. It's good.
Old 2008-05-09, 16:35   Link #52
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Well as far as the anime goes, Zero's affection for Yuuki can also be labeled as sisterly.
Ermmm I dunno since one of the major issues I have with Zero is how he treats Yuuki. Her relationship toward him I see as sibling like, but I think its more on her end. Yes he cares for her but I think he can show it a bit better. Brotherly isnt a word Id use to describe his relationship with her. Maybe...ermm...ok I cant think of a word
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-09, 16:41   Link #53
tenken627
what Yagi said

The problem with many emo characters in stories is that the emo-ness often makes them more simpler in character. Like Suzaku who sometimes seems to be nothing more than a naive brat many times.

I think that the emo-ness makes Zero's character to seem even more complex instead, enough to be the most complex character in all of Vampire Knight. I never got the feeling that Suzaku was an extremely complicated character.

Spoiler for Manga Chapter 39:
Old 2008-05-09, 18:44   Link #54
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post

Spoiler for Manga Chapter 39:
Spoiler for continution of what you said from chap 39:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-09, 21:47   Link #55
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

._. I know this is pretty random
But I don't like Zero one bit he just acts strange for me he is way to quiet like itachi but i don't think he see's yuuki as his sister
Old 2008-05-09, 22:00   Link #56
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Spoiler for continution of what you said from chap 39:
Spoiler for Chapter 39 continuation:

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-05-09 at 22:46.
Old 2008-05-12, 20:06   Link #57
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
I also like him.For me Zero is Natural Bishounen.He is silent,cold and cool
Old 2008-05-13, 09:15   Link #58
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alea Misa View Post
Zero is a great character, he's dynamic i agree. I don't think he is really emo, since he has such a strong will, and spirit from what he has gone through. Being emo is surrendering yourself in the sorrow and pain, and be completely blinded by it. He's gone through a serious rough patch the past four years, and trying to suppress something that utterly goes against his nature and who he is, is something that has worn away his charismatic and optimistic attitude, along with seeing his family killed right in front of him, as others have mentioned. He's a private person, and chooses to keep people at a distance because he chooses not to bother people with his issues. Zero has had to grow and mature more than anyone else his age.
Spoiler for continuing...:
Spoiler for critical Yuuki spoiler; don't open unless you are up to date with manga:
Old 2008-05-15, 02:17   Link #59
Oxtail

I'm in the "dislike Zero because he treats Yuuki badly" category. The more she throws herself at him the more I'm getting turned off to the story. I know lots of girls love those hot troubled bad boys who they need to nurture with their maternal instincts, but I'm not a fan of that kind of romance. Just a personal preference.

It's similar to my dislike of the earlier episodes of Itazura na Kiss. Can't really stomach stories where the girl throws herself at the guy for no good reason. Even though I love romance animes, I dropped Lovely Complex after like the fourth time Risa threw herself at Otani and got shot down.
Old 2008-05-15, 03:19   Link #60
dbj

Quote:
I def agree with your statement, I am a KanameYuuki shipper but thats not the reason I dislike Zero. It seems trivial to dislike a character soley based on ship preferances.

Zero is emo, we've all established that I guess why I dont like this vers of emo is cuz of how he ends up treating Yuuki due to it. She wants to help him, even feels bad when she makes the comment about vampires in epi 3. But when she refuses to shoot him he gets all uptight and tells her to pretty much get out of his life. That I have a problem with. Obviously the guy has issues, given his family life and whatnot but this isnt something new to anime, I just dont like how he deals with it all.

well isnt that just proves he cares about her? he just probably dont want her to see him as a vampire or even to suck her blood. well its obvious zero has something for her from the start and this why i like zero he doesnt want to harm others

Last edited by dbj; 2008-05-15 at 03:22. Reason: wrong quote
Closed Thread