AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-08, 22:30   Link #641
Barbobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
That could quite be considered the longest and/or hardest mission in VC for me, if not tied with the Jeager chapter.
Except that apparently you can finish the Selvaria mission in a single turn. I haven't tried it yet, but i've read on other forums that a smoke round + snipers can kill Selvaria in the very first turn. If I can pull myself away from BlazBlue maybe I'll test it out.

Although I usually prefer the method of systematically making my way to the top. More fun.
Barbobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 23:04   Link #642
kalbron

Alicia!Rush can finish it in one turn too. Snipers + Smoke round is just cheese.

Besides, you can get an A-rank on that mission even clearing every single enemy off the map.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 03:35   Link #643
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbobot View Post
Except that apparently you can finish the Selvaria mission in a single turn. I haven't tried it yet, but i've read on other forums that a smoke round + snipers can kill Selvaria in the very first turn. If I can pull myself away from BlazBlue maybe I'll test it out.

Although I usually prefer the method of systematically making my way to the top. More fun.
How does smoke round and snipe work? I'm not quite seeing the trick here.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 03:53   Link #644
Barbobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
How does smoke round and snipe work? I'm not quite seeing the trick here.
Smoke round so Selvaria can't kill your sniper in the <1sec it would normally take if there was no smoke round. Then just sniper her from inside/through the smoke.
Old 2009-07-09, 04:29   Link #645
jwai

Quote:
Smoke round so Selvaria can't kill your sniper in the <1sec it would normally take if there was no smoke round. Then just sniper her from inside/through the smoke.
Wow, I would have thought that Selvaria could evade well.

How easy is it to set up that kill?
Old 2009-07-09, 05:52   Link #646
Barbobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Wow, I would have thought that Selvaria could evade well.

How easy is it to set up that kill?
I assume it's pretty easy. I haven't actually tried it yet, but read of that strategy multiple times on the gamefaqs forums.
Old 2009-07-09, 06:18   Link #647
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Being in the smoke is like sneaking up from behind. You can only use one sniper for one shot though, any further shots will be evaded regardless if you're in the smoke, so you'll need 3 snipers.

I forgot if any orders were needed but I did try this and it works.
Old 2009-07-09, 07:32   Link #648
jwai

That being said, killing Selvaria is not the only thing you have to do to win the mission, right?
Old 2009-07-09, 07:38   Link #649
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Nope, that is all you have to do to win.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 08:08   Link #650
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
I assume it's pretty easy. I haven't actually tried it yet, but read of that strategy multiple times on the gamefaqs forums.
I always found laying a smoke round and driving right up to her with the Edelweiss and giving her an 88mm surprise in the face was the best tactic. It'd nearly kill her every time and a scout could finish her off with a couple of head shots (undodgeable shot works wonders).

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 10:11   Link #651
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:

I was basing difficulty off of my first and only time playing through the game, so that strategy doesn't count.
Old 2009-07-12, 21:46   Link #652
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well, just beat the game again on my clear file and it was just as fun, if not more so, the second time around. I still can't believe what a great game this was. Simply amazing.

Finally, being OCD and all, I can allow myself to tackle the DLCs. Edy Detachment stuff first, I guess.

EDIT: Ya know what ticks me off? I wish you could view the the post-war bios of the main supporting characters without having to view the credits every time. I am not a slow reader, but I think the post-war bios go by too quickly.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 23:01   Link #653
kalbron

Don't the post war bios show up in the character info section?
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 23:41   Link #654
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Don't the post war bios show up in the character info section?
Not for the main supporting characters like Captain Varrot, Largo, Rosie, etc. It only shows up to the entry you get after completing their side story or getting up to the final chapter.

Old 2009-07-13, 18:00   Link #655
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

Spoiler for My Valkyria Chronicles Skirmishes ranks:

Hard Ex DLC is really hard,i´ll post an updated photo if i manage to finish them all with A Rank.
Old 2009-07-15, 04:16   Link #656
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I think it's more appropiate to keep discussions about the first game (PS3) and second game (PSP) seperate, so I spawned off the posts about the second game to a new thread:

Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP) Game Discussion

Last edited by GHDpro; 2009-07-15 at 04:49.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 08:09   Link #657
jwai

Quote:
Where do you fire the smoke round? At Selvaria? Or on your own snipers?

I found the time just then to play the first half of Chapter 15. That took a lot longer than I thought. It wasn't until later that I found out that the gatling bunkers could reach quite far, and it took some time to extricate my guys out of the line of fire.
Old 2009-07-16, 19:44   Link #658
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Drop the smoke round just infront of where you start. You may also want to move Edelweiss to the front right, just outside the smoke, for a bit of cover from the other tanks and Selvaria herself. You'll have to edge them out of the smoke to be able to make out Selvaria's outline, but move a bit too far and you'll be under fire. Edelweiss can reduce the damage while figuring out the right spot/distance.
Old 2009-07-16, 23:22   Link #659
JagdPanther

Finally did the Edy Detachment DLC tonight. Took me a couple hours but I got the A rank finally. I watched the three alternate endings on YouTube just now. I definitely prefer the A rank ending over all the others if only because it's the A rank. Pretty cute.

I just don't get the infatuation with Edy. Her character isn't that good. Her usefulness in battle is shaky at best. The best part of that extra chapter was getting to see Marina and Lynn get some screen time.

Next up, the Selvaria missions. Probably won't try those for a week until I get back from Connecticut.

Old 2009-07-16, 23:44   Link #660
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I just don't get the infatuation with Edy. Her character isn't that good. Her usefulness in battle is shaky at best. The best part of that extra chapter was getting to see Marina and Lynn get some screen time.
Edy's popularity in Japan is due to her tsundere personality. She's definitely not the most popular non-main character in NA (that honor probably goes to Marina), but she's the most popular in Japan.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote