AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-11-12, 18:21   Link #361
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post

these two look really good ..great work Patchy
Old 2010-11-13, 17:36   Link #362
Chimuts
Call me Anego!~

Location: In a room as blue as the sky, as cool as the autumn wind and as quiet as the desert
Send a message via MSN to Chimuts
I like Patchy and Mokou version~
Great effects, I like those swirls on patchy and Mokou has a nice colour~
Is mokou from touhou too?

Quote:
Welcome to my thread sempai (gave some welcoming cookies ), honestly I felt that those signs aren't nice at all.. I'm thinking that I must rework on them .... thanks for the comments sempai
Thank you! do you have tea too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Patchy's work is just too amazing that you eventually had to stop lurking someday Chimuts
Yes I can't argue with that, her works are really great!
Old 2010-11-14, 23:51   Link #363
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
Very nice update Patchy-chan, you have indeed levelled up. My favorite one would have to be Eiki, I see some very familiar brush sets in there ^^ and you used them well. I also think the renders (Fractals I'm guessing?) on the top left and right give a nice and noticeable colorful sparkly-ness to it, well placed. Also the flame on the Mokou one caught my eye, nicely done. Anyway, good job on all three of the signs.

-cough- what a pro -cough-
Haha level up with less than 1 point , I will try to do more so it can reach a point.. ^^ most of them are vector brushes, and just brush around crazily I used fractals than dust brushes since I think I need to experiment more, though I will still use them for other signs since I still like them a lot. Thanks Rhythm-sama... oh and don't cough, you'll infect me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Maybe I don't know of that I am talking but, wouldn't the effects be hidding too much of the render?
^^ really don't intend to do that thing since I'm just experimenting on some brushes + clip techs. , but I think it ended well or maybe it's just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Maybe you don't indeed. I don't know, I think flashy sigs with lots of effects are Patchy's trademark . The one you quoted is my favourite from the newest update.

*cough* what a pro indeed *cough*
Thanks dist-sama, yep I really like those sparkly, flashing ones, is it that girlish? hahaha

oh another coughing person, do you want some medicine too?

Quote:
Love the flame effects on this, also agree with Dist, the flashy sigs are defiantly what make Patchy's signatures so great
Also loved that Mokou sig (though I love the 3 of them) and thanks for the comment Hooves-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
these two look really good ..great work Patchy
Thanks Chaos-sempai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuts View Post
I like Patchy and Mokou version~
Great effects, I like those swirls on patchy and Mokou has a nice colour~
Is mokou from touhou too?

Thank you! do you have tea too?

Yes I can't argue with that, her works are really great!
Tea?will deliver it you later through some vortex at my library...

haha thanks for the compliment sempai...

Just like I said will start doing some request today..

As of now I did 2 of them...

Request 1:

Version 1

Version 2

Request 2:

Shiro
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 05:22   Link #364
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
^^ really don't intend to do that thing since I'm just experimenting on some brushes + clip techs. , but I think it ended well or maybe it's just me
I didn't say than it was bad, just htan the render was a bit too hidded by the effects's elements. I like most of the work than yoyu made, and I always respect methods than I can't make but this time the great flashing hidded the suject.

BTW, I like the version 2 you made.
Old 2010-11-15, 05:44   Link #365
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Thanks again Patchy, they're awesome .

If you have .psd file of them though and don't mind, could I have it ? I'd like to experiment on the text, maybe change font etc.
Old 2010-11-16, 19:19   Link #366
Mittwoch
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Mittwoch
Dist, don't be so rash in judging ganbaru, maybe you are the one who's wrong.

Patch you know I like your work and I'm always honest and straight-forward when it comes to Gfx. I know glowy brushes, fractals and C4D are your style and it goes kinda great. I've seen some really good signatures of yours that have flow and depth, but some like the one ganbaru mentioned lack control.

The render was covered in a mess of brushes, there was no focal, no depth, no flow and it was a bit too crowded. But! practice makes perfect, and even though I'm not a pro myself I always advise people to accept criticism since it's meant to be constructive.

Now I really liked those smudge experiments, they look clean and nice. The one with Eirin I would've changed the color a bit under his neck where the ...splotch is [I hope you get what I mean] and an easy way to do it is just pick a color that goes like blue/purple/teal/cyan and brush with a round soft brush using the blending mode on either Screen, Lighten, Color Dodge or maybe Soft light, see what goes. For better blending you can gaussian blur it a tad xD.

As for depth you can darken the sides just like in the Eirin one using burn tool and also blurring the background/sharpening the focal a bit [for minor sharpening I use high pass -1 of the merged copy layer set on soft light]. But ofc you prolly are aware of that, just be careful with the lightning source ^^

I hope you find this useful, you have a lot of potential, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered ^^". I'll ask you to make me a siggie one of these days ;

Take care, Mitt *huuuuuugs*

Also, Claymore ftw!

Last edited by Mittwoch; 2010-11-16 at 19:29.
Mittwoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 21:39   Link #367
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I didn't say than it was bad, just htan the render was a bit too hidded by the effects's elements. I like most of the work than yoyu made, and I always respect methods than I can't make but this time the great flashing hidded the suject.

BTW, I like the version 2 you made.
gahhh don't take that seriously sempai... there's a flaw there I know that and I'm glad your honest since that will help me a lot Maybe the reason why it turned out to be like that is that I don't render the pic... I placed it there brush a lot and clip a lot, I'm a bit crazy on brushing since they're new to me .... Thanks sempai

Quote:
Thanks again Patchy, they're awesome .

If you have .psd file of them though and don't mind, could I have it ? I'd like to experiment on the text, maybe change font etc.
Dist-sama, no problem at all... already used to it that I really don't have talent when it comes to text effects, maybe I'll start to experiment more on that matter btw already PM the PSD to you right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittwoch View Post
Dist, don't be so rash in judging ganbaru, maybe you are the one who's wrong.

Patch you know I like your work and I'm always honest and straight-forward when it comes to Gfx. I know glowy brushes, fractals and C4D are your style and it goes kinda great. I've seen some really good signatures of yours that have flow and depth, but some like the one ganbaru mentioned lack control.

The render was covered in a mess of brushes, there was no focal, no depth, no flow and it was a bit too crowded. But! practice makes perfect, and even though I'm not a pro myself I always advise people to accept criticism since it's meant to be constructive.

Now I really liked those smudge experiments, they look clean and nice. The one with Eirin I would've changed the color a bit under his neck where the ...splotch is [I hope you get what I mean] and an easy way to do it is just pick a color that goes like blue/purple/teal/cyan and brush with a round soft brush using the blending mode on either Screen, Lighten, Color Dodge or maybe Soft light, see what goes. For better blending you can gaussian blur it a tad xD.

As for depth you can darken the sides just like in the Eirin one using burn tool and also blurring the background/sharpening the focal a bit [for minor sharpening I use high pass -1 of the merged copy layer set on soft light]. But ofc you prolly are aware of that, just be careful with the lightning source ^^

I hope you find this useful, you have a lot of potential, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered ^^". I'll ask you to make me a siggie one of these days ;

Take care, Mitt *huuuuuugs*

Also, Claymore ftw!
*hugs back* thanks for the great tip Pro-sama... oh... I'm addicted to gaussian blur btw since it raise the quality of a pic unexpectedly, thanks for the brushing tip... I'm having a hard time where to place the lighting source specially on a pic without shadow parts... just placed it anywhere >_<

booooo!!! for not saying you're not a pro ... *shared some cookies for the tip...*

ok step aside the comments first, here's a request....

and Nanoha solo... (not safe in this place)
V1 (left it just as that... normal mode)

V2 (overlayed and blurred)
Shiro
Currently Doing:

Last edited by Patchy; 2010-11-16 at 21:50.
Old 2010-11-16, 21:42   Link #368
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Has Konakaga given thanks for that? Even so, that is just amazing! The combination of Nanoha and Fate, and the perfect background for them, but the white circle does bug me a little in the very bottom middle of the signature. But otherwise, that is just perfect! Patchy, you are obviously improving too much for me to handle.

But you misspelled Konakaga with Konakoga
Old 2010-11-16, 21:52   Link #369
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Has Konakaga given thanks for that? Even so, that is just amazing! The combination of Nanoha and Fate, and the perfect outline, but the white circle does bug me a little in the very bottom middle of the signature. But otherwise, that is just perfect! Patchy, you are obviously improving too much for me to handle.

But you misspelled Konakaga with Konakoga
Thanks for noticing it Hooves-sama, mispelled the name, good thing you're here...

yup it's a request from Kona-sama...

Thanks, just trying hard to progress even for a bit
Shiro
Currently Doing:

Old 2010-11-16, 22:09   Link #370
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It could be my eyes deceiving me, but I'm quite sure I see some blur on the left side of Nanoha. Once again, it could be from the lack of sleep from studying too much about history, and certain geographic landscapes for fun
Old 2010-11-16, 22:11   Link #371
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It could be my eyes deceiving me, but I'm quite sure I see some blur on the left side of Nanoha. Once again, it could be from the lack of sleep from studying too much about history, and certain geographic landscapes for fun
Lol what a hectic sched you have..

Nope your eyes aren't deceiving you, I blurred the sides for some focus and depth
Shiro
Currently Doing:

Old 2010-11-16, 22:17   Link #372
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

What does sched mean?

Also on the Nanoha solo, I find the right side of the blurred version to look a little better then V1 in a way. Also the magical circle is good on V2 also
Old 2010-11-16, 23:08   Link #373
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
What does sched mean?

Also on the Nanoha solo, I find the right side of the blurred version to look a little better then V1 in a way. Also the magical circle is good on V2 also
Schedule

maybe it will be better if I combine the two versions

oh and finished this sig a while ago... additional update

Momone Momo and Defoko (Utau)

sadly these sigs can't be used in here, even though I want to used them...
Shiro
Currently Doing:

Last edited by Patchy; 2010-11-17 at 00:32. Reason: added defoko
Old 2010-11-17, 00:07   Link #374
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
ok step aside the comments first, here's a request....

I know I thanked you in in P.M. but felt I should say it here too, so Thank you Patchy you did an excellent job on the request for me .

Quote:
and Nanoha solo... (not safe in this place)
V1 (left it just as that... normal mode)

V2 (overlayed and blurred)
Nice look on that Nanoha sig, I think the second one looks a bit better.

And those two sigs in your recent post I assume you can't use due to them being to large?, which is a shame since they do like very nice.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 03:20   Link #375
Rhythm

Quote:
P-P-Perfect siggy! *Speechless*
Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 04:51   Link #376
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
The second Nanoha signature of the bigger ones is really great. Makes me wish I could use it .. Though really, where do people use THIS large signatures ? No doubt reading such forum is annoying if everyone has massive signatures like that there.

Mittwoch : Maybe I am wrong indeed, but as I don't know anything about image editing and such, maybe I can't see the flaws you can and it looks like an amazing signature to me ? So to you pro people it maybe can lack *flow but others will see it simply as another amazing signature by Patchy ?

*What exactly is '' flow ''. How can you have flow in a picture o.o
Old 2010-11-17, 05:35   Link #377
Wolley

I'm definitely already a fan of your work. You really work the stock into the background, and seem to make beautifully complex backgrounds. Also, your typography is stunning!! Placement and font both are dead on. I do notice that certain signature's seem to have a dull look, when the colors should be more vibrant, but really that's the only thing I could possibly criticize.
Wolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 06:16   Link #378
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
I really like what you made here .
Old 2010-11-17, 20:02   Link #379
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I know I thanked you in in P.M. but felt I should say it here too, so Thank you Patchy you did an excellent job on the request for me .

Nice look on that Nanoha sig, I think the second one looks a bit better.

And those two sigs in your recent post I assume you can't use due to them being to large?, which is a shame since they do like very nice.
No problem, I'm a fan of the series myself so I have fun making that sign, and luckily, I didn't have a hard time on doing the sig since the bg already resulted well earlier than I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
P-P-Perfect siggy! *Speechless*
Hey speak up Kami-sama, bacteria will gather in your mouth if you continue to do that .... and booo!!! it's not perfect...

Quote:
The second Nanoha signature of the bigger ones is really great. Makes me wish I could use it .. Though really, where do people use THIS large signatures ? No doubt reading such forum is annoying if everyone has massive signatures like that there.

Mittwoch : Maybe I am wrong indeed, but as I don't know anything about image editing and such, maybe I can't see the flaws you can and it looks like an amazing signature to me ? So to you pro people it maybe can lack *flow but others will see it simply as another amazing signature by Patchy ?

*What exactly is '' flow ''. How can you have flow in a picture o.o
The sigs that have that size are always used in some grafx forum, like animerender.net and sigresource.com and etc... in those forum the main attraction was their sig so they make bigger size (not so big... but larger than here) so that they can show they're good on making effects since a larger canvas means a more effect to be seen.

Flow hmmm it was written in this tutorial.. http://fluidstudios.deviantart.com/a...ture-104946069 (I'm not following the usual flow and sometimes I creating a flow of myself resulting in a chaotic style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolley View Post
I'm definitely already a fan of your work. You really work the stock into the background, and seem to make beautifully complex backgrounds. Also, your typography is stunning!! Placement and font both are dead on. I do notice that certain signature's seem to have a dull look, when the colors should be more vibrant, but really that's the only thing I could possibly criticize.
Thanks, just blending them thoroughly that's why they resulted that way... I'm using different stocks these past days, so they are different than my usual style... typography? I'm the one who should said that to you, you're typography is more stunning than my works.

Quote:
I really like what you made here .
Thanks sempai
Shiro
Currently Doing:

Old 2010-11-17, 20:33   Link #380
JRendell
Manga Addict

This just oozes smexyness;

Colors/Lighting/Text/BG. Everything flows really well. Great job thumbs up!

Cookies served, and well deserved in my opinion.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
patchy, signatures, touhou