AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 16:49   Link #3421
erdii

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
Claire being the chosen one is inevitable.It was obvious from the start.She was the first girl and she will be the end girl.
so ı will have huge disappointment by the end of series :S well my favourite has been Leonora since she said "I came to cut off that" why Louise and Aria like characters are main female character
Old 2013-02-18, 16:58   Link #3422
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
Claire being the chosen one is inevitable.It was obvious from the start.She was the first girl and she will be the end girl.
I dont know.
I mean,until now ,Kamito care more about Est and Restia, then again the 2 of them are tied to him.
Honestly from what I see until now from spoiler and vol would not surprise me if this end with all of them with him.

Then again from the human side I like Ellis more .
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:01   Link #3423
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Can anyone recognize these two names from the current series? For a second I thought they might be Ellis, her sister, or that druid girl who get beat on all the time who need to ritual dance...but so far my bad chinese tell me no to all 3.

莉莉丝·薇蒂莎
-Female
-B89(D)/ W58/ H84
-Raven class
Contract Spirit: Forest type-塔莉莎, Wind spirit 费格雷

Edit: Apparently this girl was also saved by the Drag-wearing Ash Renbell 3 years ago -_-;;

塔莉莎
Female,
Age unknown
-B84(B)/ W58/ H84
-A self proclaimed spirit (highest rank) of wood, appear like a 16 years old girl.

Edit: she apparently know who Est is, and is deathly afraid of her for some reason.

It appear the first 4 volume of the series all mirror the regular Seikai, just skimming through the titles. In volume 2's chapter is called "the Princess's arrival" which mirror when Fiona showed up, Volume 3, about the Valentine's day, and Volume 4 mention the attack on the airship...but she don't sound like one the girl that got elected to go, or at least she shouldn't win the Blade Dance...

Last edited by ArchmageXin; 2013-02-18 at 17:16.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:17   Link #3424
KuroiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
U know i have always been curious about the seirei in the title, I checked the kanji, chinese translation they all mean spirit or spirtual, and mizuho also told me she thinks it means spirit, so why is it elemental in the english translation?
Elemental is somewhat an English word for spirit.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elemental
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:17   Link #3425
zzhk
Summary Machine

To ArchMageXin: You're reading doujinshi/fan fiction.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:22   Link #3426
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
To ArchMageXin: You're reading doujinshi/fan fiction.
Oh, that explain it. It sounds like an interesting story until u realized is not what the author intended. O well~
Old 2013-02-18, 17:29   Link #3427
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiHikari View Post
Elemental is somewhat an English word for spirit.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elemental
but isnt spirit more direct and easier to understand?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:34   Link #3428
KuroiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
but isnt spirit more direct and easier to understand?
I changed it because I believe it's the author's intention to have spirit be elemental. The word elemental lord represents spirit king. And, the word elemental waffe represents spirit armament. And the title of this series is "Bladedance of Elementaler"
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:36   Link #3429
zzhk
Summary Machine

Both the author and the illustrator uses "Bladedance of Elementaler" as the English title.

Disregarding whether "Elementaler" sounds good or not, it is at least clear that elemental is the intended translation for seirei(spirit). It is also consistent with elemental waffe and Elemental Lords which are indicated by furigana.

Volume 6 Special Cover (white-winged Restia):

Other instances of "Bladedance of Elementaler":
http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?p=6980
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance

Last edited by zzhk; 2013-02-18 at 17:36. Reason: oops, KH beat me to it
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:50   Link #3430
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiHikari View Post
I changed it because I believe it's the author's intention to have spirit be elemental. The word elemental lord represents spirit king. And, the word elemental waffe represents spirit armament. And the title of this series is "Bladedance of Elementaler"
i c, though elementaler is a confusing word

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2013-02-18, 19:31   Link #3431
Velsy

Yay, another Claire episode. Apparently Kamito needs to have Claire sign his written permission to assist the Sylphid knights while they are short handed. After Ellis just came out of her shell and asked Kamito for help.

Ellis may mistreat him by constantly drawing her sword and chasing him around over missunderstandings and various other things. But at least she makes effort to apoligize, acknowledge and give thanks. Shes definitely a Tsundere type.

ps - Betting money, that Claire wont say thank you when she recieves her birthday present from Kamito!

Last edited by Velsy; 2013-02-18 at 19:44.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 20:49   Link #3432
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

So anyone know when v10 is supposed to come out? And what the title for it is?
Old 2013-02-18, 21:05   Link #3433
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
found the cover of vol 10
Spoiler for cover:
8 more days till release
Title seems to be 魔王覚醒 (Demon Lord's Awakening)

Did I mention, best two girls?
Old 2013-02-18, 21:56   Link #3434
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Yay, another Claire episode. Apparently Kamito needs to have Claire sign his written permission to assist the Sylphid knights while they are short handed. After Ellis just came out of her shell and asked Kamito for help.

Ellis may mistreat him by constantly drawing her sword and chasing him around over missunderstandings and various other things. But at least she makes effort to apoligize, acknowledge and give thanks. Shes definitely a Tsundere type.

ps - Betting money, that Claire wont say thank you when she recieves her birthday present from Kamito!
Well it's not like I'm defending Claire's actions in the situation, but I think you should take into consideration the fact that Claire's interaction and relationship with Sylphid knights hasn't been all that good. But I do agree that Kamito doesn't need permission to join the knights.

I'll take that bet.
Old 2013-02-18, 22:27   Link #3435
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well it's not like I'm defending Claire's actions in the situation, but I think you should take into consideration the fact that Claire's interaction and relationship with Sylphid knights hasn't been all that good. But I do agree that Kamito doesn't need permission to join the knights.

I'll take that bet.
Quote:
Inside the box, a cat-shaped silver pendant was perfectly placed.
"T-This, isn't this what I wanted...?"
"Weren't you continuously looking at it that time?"
"U-Uh, but..."
Claire gently and preciously took out the pendant.
"This should be expensive. You aren't even a noble, how did—"
"I asked a big favour from Ellis, and got an advance on the remuneration from the Knights."
"...S-So... It was like that."
Claire tightly clasped the pendant, while she looked at Kamito with her eyes glancing upwards—
"...Th-Thank you, Kamito"
Ok, somebody got to pay up.

People need to remember Claire is that little girl that the entire class picked on. Her parents are in prison, her sister is wanted by the Law, and she is alone without anyone but a fire cat.

Do you think girls at that age would show consideration to Claire? Nope, they are probably all lined up around the block try to make her life miserable, and probably would do it as a competition if not for the fact the girl is #1 in the class and can pack a mean fire-whip.
Old 2013-02-18, 22:30   Link #3436
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Title seems to be 魔王覚醒 (Demon Lord's Awakening)

Did I mention, best two girls?
Eh, not the two BEST. Lorena beat Restia by a huge margin I believe by popular vote :P , she can look like soldier, look like a normal girl, wear glasses. She is just about every kind of girl in one package. It is Bond girl + girl next door
Old 2013-02-18, 23:16   Link #3437
florza
一日之计在于晨

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Eh, not the two BEST. Lorena beat Restia by a huge margin I believe by popular vote :P , she can look like soldier, look like a normal girl, wear glasses. She is just about every kind of girl in one package. It is Bond girl + girl next door
Unfortunately, there's no character named Lorena in Blade Dance, so your entire argument is moot!
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 00:05   Link #3438
XFire
150% done

Quote:

People need to remember Claire is that little girl that the entire class picked on. Her parents are in prison, her sister is wanted by the Law, and she is alone without anyone but a fire cat.

Do you think girls at that age would show consideration to Claire? Nope, they are probably all lined up around the block try to make her life miserable, and probably would do it as a competition if not for the fact the girl is #1 in the class and can pack a mean fire-whip.

Nice one. I'm in full agreement with this. I've sort of noticed that due to the large number of tsunderes present in recent media, people tend to project the worst traits of the character type on to them. To be honest, Claire isn't really that bad, and she is adorable when she goes dere-dere on Kamito. She still isn't my favorite character, as Est (innocent troll) and Restia (dangerous and sexy) are still better, but she is above the rest of the human characters in my opinion.
Old 2013-02-19, 00:29   Link #3439
Yye1
Wide Right

^ in terms of humans, I like Ellis and Leonora better than Claire, but as a tsundere, she is way better than Louise or Taiga

Old 2013-02-19, 02:39   Link #3440
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post

I'll take that bet.
Did I really read that right, she said Thank you? I mean this is Claire we are talking about? right? I mean its a miricle! Its like winning the gold lotto except loosing money <.< This was also like the first time I ever gave her a nod of aproval when she rejected the power. I was thinking to myself, theres no way she'll make the same mistake twice right? if so her teams done, finished. I'd expect to be walked out on. But she passed.

Way things were going I didnt really think we'd ever hear those words from her mouth. Well Claire has certainly made me eat my words.... sooo..... *pays up $$$* <.<

Quote:

Well it doesn't certainly help when you treat your only possible friend like trash.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap