AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 36 Rating
Perfect 10 11 40.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 44.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 7.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 7.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-11, 01:12   Link #41
Raikujin
finally had her fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monarch of Roses View Post
The more I watch the anime the more I remember why I love Arachne. She’s so calculating and always has a plan for everything. I just wished her and Giriko were more proactive.
Don't forget Medusa. She's manipulative and sneaky at the same time, not to mention ruthless. And for her to use the Arachnophobia and Shibusen showdown to her benefit is just probably something only Medusa can really pull off imo. It's not hard to figure out that they're related.
Old 2008-12-11, 02:07   Link #42
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikujin View Post
Don't forget Medusa. She's manipulative and sneaky at the same time, not to mention ruthless. And for her to use the Arachnophobia and Shibusen showdown to her benefit is just probably something only Medusa can really pull off imo. It's not hard to figure out that they're related.
True, but Medusa needs no one to champion her cunning traits since her screentime has already done that for her. Arachne not so much. At most she is seen as hardly menacing due to her almost non-existent role in the show outside of her legacy. Medusa on the other hand, we have “grown up with” and has a chance to illustrate how “potent” she can be. The most we ever see from her crew is who? Mosquito? And he doesn't get cool until waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay later.
Old 2008-12-11, 04:31   Link #43
Raikujin
finally had her fix

You have a point. Arachne is mostly seen lying in her web and plotting while gathering information with her spiders, but I think she's quite powerful because she has hundreds of servants to do the job for her. Medusa does things the opposite though, like infiltrating Shibusen on her own, so she probably gets more screentime? Lol. I don't doubt Arachne's abilities, but she definitely needs more limelight.
Old 2008-12-11, 04:47   Link #44
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
You have a point. Arachne is mostly seen lying in her web and plotting while gathering information with her spiders, but I think she's quite powerful because she has hundreds of servants to do the job for her. Medusa does things the opposite though, like infiltrating Shibusen on her own, so she probably gets more screentime? Lol. I don't doubt Arachne's abilities, but she definitely needs more limelight.
Pretty much, we know Medusa and she has a presence unlike Arachne who, while making a pretty good debut, has since then been only slightly present. The viewers don’t even know what she can do. Only that her servants are terrified of her for whatever reason. Also, Medusa has had a great deal of limelight so its easier to connect with her as a viewers.

But I won’t bore you any longer with my rabid off-topic faboyishness.

Am I the only one who was disappointed with the Giriko vs. Justin fight? God, that was awful. I don’t even recall how it went in the manga, but I expected something less short.
Old 2008-12-11, 06:24   Link #45
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Am I the only one who was disappointed with the Giriko vs. Justin fight? God, that was awful. I don’t even recall how it went in the manga, but I expected something less short.
Count me in. Maybe it's because I was looking forward to it too much, and in the manga it looks better, even I feel like it's longer compare to the anime.
Old 2008-12-11, 07:06   Link #46
Iron Maw
Banned

It was, BONES compressed 4 chapters into 3 episodes, so stuff was bound to be cut or, shortern.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-12-11 at 07:30.
Old 2008-12-11, 09:17   Link #47
Raikujin
finally had her fix

Well, I thought the fight in the manga was pretty short to begin with, so coupled with some cuts here and there, it's practically the same. Most of the fights in the Brew arc ended very quickly too.
Old 2008-12-11, 09:41   Link #48
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

yes , it ended vrey quick , but very cool in my opinion. That demon hunter thingy sure surprised me as well , but I won't complain since BONES animated it very well. (which reminds me why I love SE very much)

but ehm yes , GirikoxJustin fight is a bit....disappointing.
Old 2008-12-11, 11:39   Link #49
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

What's with Arachne's eyes? Everytime she orders someone to do something the webs appear....maybe the fact Arachne and Medusa are the animal/insect they are is for a metaphorical reason (web of lies) and (The serpent in the bible and how he lies) which is the given reason the two are cunning and liars.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-12-11, 13:38   Link #50
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
What's with Arachne's eyes? Everytime she orders someone to do something the webs appear....maybe the fact Arachne and Medusa are the animal/insect they are is for a metaphorical reason (web of lies) and (The serpent in the bible and how he lies) which is the given reason the two are cunning and liars.
Well, Arachne's eye also became a glowing red web when she was pissed off so it's possibile. It seems to me that she at times "are" her webs.
Old 2008-12-11, 15:42   Link #51
Zirdante

Spoiler:

But yeah, looking forward to what they come up with.
Old 2008-12-11, 16:56   Link #52
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirdante View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler for manga:

Though we should probably stop bringing spoilers in to this before the mods get mad.
Old 2008-12-11, 17:29   Link #53
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirdante View Post
Spoiler:

Who said they are skipping it? That arc comes after Brew in the manga

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-12-11, 18:02   Link #54
Zoe

They took the biggest plot point out of the Clown arc and put it here.

But it is still possible that they'll show it. The Demon Hunter attack just won't have the same impact anymore.
Old 2008-12-11, 18:25   Link #55
Clarste
Human

Quote:
The more I watch the anime the more I remember why I love Arachne. She’s so calculating and always has a plan for everything. I just wished her and Giriko were more proactive.
I dunno, Arachne's always seemed kind of stupid compared to Medusa, almost comically. She thinks she's in charge and acts all arrogant but in reality has no clue what's going on and is being used as a pawn.
Old 2008-12-11, 18:45   Link #56
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I dunno, Arachne's always seemed kind of stupid compared to Medusa, almost comically. She thinks she's in charge and acts all arrogant but in reality has no clue what's going on and is being used as a pawn.
And she had been spying on Medusa since before Medusa grabbed herself a new body. She even let Medusa know she was watching her. *Shrug* She one upped Medusa and Medusa one upped her.

She's not in charge of Archenaphobia? And Medusa's pretty arrogant too because they are similar characters they just take different approaches.

Last edited by The Monarch of Roses; 2008-12-11 at 18:56.
Old 2008-12-11, 20:13   Link #57
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
I agree. I don't think we were supposed to "like" the piano segment. If you recall the piano was merely imo a manifestation of Souls insanity. The piano or more precisely the song was meant to portray that insanity through a jumpy almost messy sound. The eyes of the Kinshin further illustrated this point.
Exactly, it was spaztic and offkey, truly a good representation of what Soul was doing at the time. I think if he'd been his normal cool self we would have gotten something a bit more subdued but really it fit well since it was a fight scene.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-12-12, 04:57   Link #58
Raikujin
finally had her fix

Random thought : We've already seen Azusa and Justin's abilities. Now I'm really itching to see Marie and Stein in action together. Or maybe just Marie. Wondering if it has already occurred in the manga though.
Old 2008-12-12, 09:25   Link #59
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Random thought : We've already seen Azusa and Justin's abilities. Now I'm really itching to see Marie and Stein in action together. Or maybe just Marie. Wondering if it has already occurred in the manga though.
We get a glimpse into her powers in the manga if I am not mistaken.
Old 2008-12-12, 14:21   Link #60
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So my prediction was true neither Arachnophobia nor Shibusen ended up with the prize. Medusa was the wild card a mistake by Arachne allowed Medusa to switch the demon tool. Frankly, i find it amusing that Aracne was this careless, two of her most powerful weapons are knowledge and her spiders she keeps in the field the two are intertwined.

Medusa's plans are going off without a hitch and once again she has the advantage over everyone. I'm still feeling for Chrona i was hoping she would have a sense or normalcy but Medusa returned and having in the field would have been asset to Shibusen. I believe in the end Medusa will lose her hold on Chrona but not right now and episode 38 it seems she back.

Stein at this point is SCREWED unless someone catches on to what she did to Marie-Sensei. I believe there are 3 people who are able to catch on given enough time and all 3 have the power to see souls one of them be Maka. Each episode we seem descend even more into madness. Yet i wonder what Medusa's true plan is "one ring to rule them all" sort of thing or is Stein one of her targets in terms of her wanting to bring him to her side. We cant deny the abnormal attraction Medusa and Stein had for one another and Medusa offer earlier on for Stein to join her was sincere. Either way Stein left unchecked he will eventually be so far gone he will attack his allies.

Maka, Blackstar and Kid preformed beautifully in the end and although they did not kill mosquito they damaged his body and his pride. Damaging his pride was probably the worst blow of them all. To be beat by a couple of kids he was shamed after boasting about his body. But underestimating ones enemy is the first no no in a battle and that led to him losing. The trio will only get stronger from here the more they train and trust each others abilities they will be a force to be reckoned with. All 3 were able to pull off spectacular team work that confused the enemy and gave each of them enough time to preform a Soul Resonance unleashing their ultimate attacks Blackstar's:Shadow Star "Check Mate Slash Kids: Death Cannon and Maka's new and upgraded: Witch Hunter to Demon Hunter

However, if they expect Mosquito to underestimate them again its not going t happen, once again they need to raise the bar and step up. I have so reservations about the after effects of Soul relying on that inner demon dude and playing the piano. The positive result was Maka' s Demon Hunter but what about the negative effects we have not seen that yet.

Justin is just a monster even though the match ended in draw the same with Sid they all managed to make it back alive but in the end the mission was failure. Great episode with some epic fights and its only going to get better the Kishin is still out there along with multiple other enemies the war is far from over. Next episode the truth is revealed sounds juicy to me.

9/10 i wish we would have had some of the great BGM during the fights like we had in the past.

Um why so many damn manga spoilers in the anime thread?

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-12-12 at 15:34.
Closed Thread