AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-27, 22:14   Link #341
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm a PvE person myself since I really don't enjoy facing against other players all that much unless it like guild/clan wars or something like Warhammer with territorial control. I admit it does get me pumped up, but I'm more accustomed to facing scripted boss fights then other players.
Old 2011-07-27, 22:47   Link #342
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

all PVP is is who has the cheapest way to win. :P
Old 2011-07-27, 22:58   Link #343
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The perfect example of that would be my way of winning in World PvP in WoW. A full seasoned gear warrior ambushes me (while I'm in Blood Spec as a DK) and I just spam Death Strike with my mastery placing a barrier (while I'm in PvE blues) and I win, or he runs away
Old 2011-07-28, 08:18   Link #344
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

If there was one aspect of DAoC & Warhammer: Age of Reckoning people still talk about, it's the RvR/PvP.
I haven't the foggiest idea if anyone from SDCC played in any sort of PvP situation, but given that Gabe (the guy in charge of PvP design) was a large part of Mythic's PvP team (Land of the Dead, etc), I'm pretty confident the PvP will be pretty good.

That said, TOR isn't being marketed as a PvP game, so we shall have to wait and see!

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 23:08   Link #345
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
i will love to play this since i am getting tired of WoW but since I run Mac, its a no-go. Mac never get any love for games like that.
Old 2011-07-28, 23:18   Link #346
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
My ideal MMOG would still be basically a big ole sandboxy FO3/FONV/TES4-ish thing, with two or three times the explorable area as FO3 + all DLCs, and no directed plot or boss fights or raids or anything, with random quests and stuff added periodically. And everyone can kill everyone, do anything, go anywhere. The strength of a persistent world is the persistence of the world, when you can make permanent changes to the world itself.

Sadly such a thing would make no money since humans are bastards, it'd be impossible to keep the griefers and trolls away, everyone interested in MMOGs just wants to do massive group raids and get purple pixels to stretch their e-peens. I'm sad that TOR doesn't look like anything new, just more of the same recycledinspace.
Old 2011-07-29, 06:28   Link #347
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
My ideal MMOG would still be basically a big ole sandboxy FO3/FONV/TES4-ish thing, with two or three times the explorable area as FO3 + all DLCs, and no directed plot or boss fights or raids or anything, with random quests and stuff added periodically. And everyone can kill everyone, do anything, go anywhere. The strength of a persistent world is the persistence of the world, when you can make permanent changes to the world itself.

Sadly such a thing would make no money since humans are bastards, it'd be impossible to keep the griefers and trolls away, everyone interested in MMOGs just wants to do massive group raids and get purple pixels to stretch their e-peens. I'm sad that TOR doesn't look like anything new, just more of the same recycledinspace.
EVE online does pretty well despite the griefers and trolls. When you give players the tools to police themselves, they do a pretty good job of doing so. Of course, super griefers/trolls do exist (ie, all the hilarious news articles about corporate infiltration in EVE).
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 06:29   Link #348
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
i will love to play this since i am getting tired of WoW but since I run Mac, its a no-go. Mac never get any love for games like that.
There's a lot of discussion regarding stuff like bootcamp, etc for TOR:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=389856

Old 2011-07-29, 06:57   Link #349
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
*remembers Mac Vs PC commecials.... proceeds to laugh his ass off*
Old 2011-07-29, 10:24   Link #350
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Wasn't there some fantasy based total sandbox MMO, I seem to remember it having a limited release or some such. But I can't remember it's name.
Old 2011-07-29, 12:12   Link #351
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Besides EVE, DarkFall Online is the other PVP sandbox game.

"Every Player gets a Bag of Rewards"
Quote:
Each Raid has 2 sizes, for 8 and 16 heros, aswell as ajustable difficulty levels. The quality of the loot is based on the difficulty setting of the instance." After every bossfight EACH player gets a bag of Rewards", sais Lead designer Gabe Amatangelo. "Inside that Bag you "can" ( as in possiblitly ) find class specific Items, or Badges which can be used to buy items. You don't have to fight for your rewards."
Sounds good to me. No more Loot council, DKP and loot ninja's.
Old 2011-07-29, 14:14   Link #352
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

And today we have ‘The Esseles’ Developer Walkthrough

also yay no loot ninjas!

Old 2011-07-29, 15:01   Link #353
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

ya know what annoys me the most? people posting on WoW forums or TOR forums "I dont see why this mmo is so hyped"

really? you dont see it? were you under a rock when the year of the wars in the stars took place?
Old 2011-07-29, 15:09   Link #354
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
ya know what annoys me the most? people posting on WoW forums or TOR forums "I dont see why this mmo is so hyped"

really? you dont see it? were you under a rock when the year of the wars in the stars took place?
I'm asking the same question. Why is WoW with all the names changed to Star Wars names so hyped?

It's nothing new. It's the same old tried-and-true formula that made Blizzard filthy fucking rich, with a few tweaks here and there and a few fixes and balance adjustments. But for the most part, it is the same game. Like every single MMORPG since EverQuest.

Most of us who loved Knights of the Old Republic are very upset that we're not seeing a KOTOR3, but instead seeing a soul-sucking online snorefest.
Old 2011-07-29, 15:10   Link #355
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Wait what? EA CHARGING people extra for PREORDERING? Since when did they moved their HQs to soviet russia, where you pay extra to preorder games?
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 15:20   Link #356
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
I'm asking the same question. Why is WoW with all the names changed to Star Wars names so hyped?

It's nothing new. It's the same old tried-and-true formula that made Blizzard filthy fucking rich, with a few tweaks here and there and a few fixes and balance adjustments. But for the most part, it is the same game. Like every single MMORPG since EverQuest.

Most of us who loved Knights of the Old Republic are very upset that we're not seeing a KOTOR3, but instead seeing a soul-sucking online snorefest.
Most of the hype is from Star wars fans...

and have you played it yet? Nooo I doubt it :P
Old 2011-07-29, 15:56   Link #357
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Wait what? EA CHARGING people extra for PREORDERING? Since when did they moved their HQs to soviet russia, where you pay extra to preorder games?
It's common practice to put down 5$ or whatever to pre-order, at least here in the US. Has been for quite some time, now....

Old 2011-07-29, 16:08   Link #358
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Because it has Star Wars in it and is being developed by Bioware. Either would have been enough to make the hype machine skyrocket, put the two together and it's really little surprise the hype is through the roof.

Quote:
No, some of the people who loved KotoR are upset. There are many who love this idea, or at least are very curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
They're not charging extra, that's just another doomsday story people throw out and keep believing. What they're charging is a small amount of money that is already part of the price you're going to pay. Say, there's a $50 game, you pre-order it and pay $5 and when the game is released you pay the final $45 and get the game.

It's a simple measure to help lessen the amount of people who make pre-orders but never claim them.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 17:58   Link #359
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I liked Knights of the Old Republic while the second one can be questionable. While the storyline for KOTOR already concluded upon itself enough that it wont need a sequel. Only issue I have with this is the occasional P2P that will leech off my money and the possibility that the boss fights will be too easy that it will be a walk in the park. Also the possibility it will have many balance issues revolving around the Jedi/Sith.
Old 2011-07-29, 18:33   Link #360
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Looking at the class previews it does look like force users are OP. Sort of.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows