AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 10:14   Link #721
Insane Inquisitor

At the risk of thread Necromancy...

Perhaps going against Hayate & Co. with brute force would not do the job at all. Now on the other hand, if there are any Doctor Who fans around here...

Given that nobody in RF6 seems to be explicitly immune to post-hypnotic influences, I'd think its better off looking for the Order of the Silence...

Let's see...Yep, still a Hayate fan boy no matter what happens in Force.
Insane Inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:19   Link #722
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I don't know much about Dr. Who but i wonder if Shamal could provide some resillence against mind attacks xD But yeah, that's merely suposition because the Main Cast has never been victim of brainwashing save for Ginga but that was more of a cyborg thing xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:25   Link #723
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm not familiar with Dr Who so I'm not sure what you are talking about...

In the mean time, I've got a topic:

Remember way back when, when little Nanoha lay dying in the snow after being brutalized by a stealth droid? With Vita freaking out beside her?

I've got a feeling, that Nanoha had died back then. She's alive now, but that's not her. It's Bernkastel who replaced the dead Nanoha in the current kakera, in a game played against another witch of dimensions.

Did she succeed? We don't know. But at least we know, that Bern is there.

Because Subaru and Teana saw something, in Nanoha's eyes.

And the way she told them to cool their heads.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:34   Link #724
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wonder if Curren Huckebein's actions are supported by Lambdadelta, her will and certainty about things seems to be unstoppable for now xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-11, 10:36   Link #725
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Wonder if Curren Huckebein's actions are supported by Lambdadelta, her will and certainty about things seems to be unstoppable for now xD
Oh the moments where I'd love to see Nanoha 'phase out' into the Metauniverse, argue with Lambdadelta, then pop back in, with a STARLIGHT BREAKAH at the right spot. XD
Old 2012-06-11, 12:55   Link #726
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Inquisitor View Post
At the risk of thread Necromancy...

Perhaps going against Hayate & Co. with brute force would not do the job at all. Now on the other hand, if there are any Doctor Who fans around here...

Given that nobody in RF6 seems to be explicitly immune to post-hypnotic influences, I'd think its better off looking for the Order of the Silence...
Doubtful. The only virtue of the Silence's power is secrecy, it wouldn't help them actually fight the cast as the Silence are quite fragile as long as you're looking at them. They're manipulators, not fighters.

Now the weeping angels on the other hand... blink and you're dead.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 13:42   Link #727
Justin_Brett

Just send in the Raptors, then. They can probably choose not to blink.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 14:50   Link #728
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ahh, little problem with that. Weeping angels have a secondary power which, while never given a name, is described as "anything that captures the image of an angel becomes itself an angel." In the series, this happened with a camera recording, which eventually began to spawn an angel outside of the screen. A raptor that would capture the image of an angel through it's camera would eventually become an angel itself.
Old 2012-06-11, 15:04   Link #729
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^Sadly, there's no blind warriors in the Nanohaverse xD

Due tot he nature of the series i guess Black★Rock Shooter will be incredibly difficult to mix with the Nanohaverse, unless the story talks about a handfull of Nanoha characters being stuck in the Otherworld.

The Otherselves are incredibly resillent to pain and damage. While at normal level seems to be below Nanohaverse characters, at the fullest they are more than a match for them. Their looks and fightstyle makes me think of a Huckebein done right xD!

Mhhh... Huckebein VS. Otherselves

xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-11, 16:07   Link #730
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Ahh, little problem with that. Weeping angels have a secondary power which, while never given a name, is described as "anything that captures the image of an angel becomes itself an angel." In the series, this happened with a camera recording, which eventually began to spawn an angel outside of the screen. A raptor that would capture the image of an angel through it's camera would eventually become an angel itself.
Well that all depends on how you define 'thing', doesn't it. It'd still be a projector for one if not though.

Really, they should have kept them to one story in the show. After that they had to give them all this new stuff to keep it from being the same thing again. Like still being able to move while someone's looking at them

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2012-06-11 at 19:21.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 16:17   Link #731
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Technically Amy wasn't looking at them, but showing the angels moving did screw up the whole "the angels can't move even when the character's backs are turned because we are looking at them" subtext. I always loved that bit.

But returning to topic, Weeping Angels would be both very nasty and a good excuse to toss in time-traveling shenanigans.

Vivio and/or Einhart encounter Weeping Angels and get whisked to Ancient Belka, the stories splitting off into two fics, one set in the current day with a "find a way to fight the angels." story, and another with Vivio and/or Einhart learning to live their new lives.
Old 2012-06-11, 22:49   Link #732
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Don't you mean, their old lives?

I'd suppose they'd arrive in the middle of the Dark Heresy era, where there is only war. The New Testament has not been written yet. So given their knowledge of what already happened, they'd be writing bibles with "prophetic knowledge". And once they gain enough cred sets in, Vivio might think that this world can be changed, and start writing the New Testament as she saw fit.

The Word spreads, tides of time change, and the damage to the timeline is repaired. However, we then know the origins of the mysterious New Testament that transformed Ancient Belka from the wartorn apocalypse of dire despair, into the Saint Church.

How perfectly Star Trek.
Old 2012-06-11, 23:38   Link #733
Insane Inquisitor

Quote:
Doubtful. The only virtue of the Silence's power is secrecy, it wouldn't help them actually fight the cast as the Silence are quite fragile as long as you're looking at them. They're manipulators, not fighters.
On a more serious note, though, since somebody understands...

Are RF 6, particularly Hayate and the Wolkenritter, vulnerable to manipulation by the Silence? There's a nasty idea brewing in my mind, so this point needs to be confirmed...

Let's see...Yep, still a Hayate fan boy no matter what happens in Force.
Insane Inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 02:03   Link #734
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Don't watch Dr. Who, but I'm guessing it's just a matter of willpower. back in A's the Wolkenritter did mention that brainwashing the master of the book of darkness is possible.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 04:12   Link #735
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Don't you mean, their old lives?

I'd suppose they'd arrive in the middle of the Dark Heresy era, where there is only war. The New Testament has not been written yet. So given their knowledge of what already happened, they'd be writing bibles with "prophetic knowledge". And once they gain enough cred sets in, Vivio might think that this world can be changed, and start writing the New Testament as she saw fit.

The Word spreads, tides of time change, and the damage to the timeline is repaired. However, we then know the origins of the mysterious New Testament that transformed Ancient Belka from the wartorn apocalypse of dire despair, into the Saint Church.

How perfectly Star Trek.
Old lives? Nope, because just being send back doesn't mean they'll replace their ancestors. And I really don't think either are the two to write bibles. Vivio in particular just wants to avoid her heritage, and Einhart just wants to resolve it. Both would work hard at helping their ancestors, but becoming saints? Nah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Inquisitor View Post
On a more serious note, though, since somebody understands...

Are RF 6, particularly Hayate and the Wolkenritter, vulnerable to manipulation by the Silence? There's a nasty idea brewing in my mind, so this point needs to be confirmed...
So far there's been no true mind-manipulation in Nanoha, as all illusions up to this point have been optical, so there are no confirmed mind-manipulation defenses either.

Basically? Go for it.
Old 2012-06-12, 10:18   Link #736
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

The closest this franchise has to mind-manipulation is the dream world of the book of darkness which also showed up the closest in main-control defense with Fate's Sprite Zamber which have the side-effect of destroying illusions.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-06-12, 15:11   Link #737
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Wouldn't work against the silence though. You just forget you saw the damn buggers the moment you look away.
Old 2012-06-13, 00:03   Link #738
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

One thing I find hard about crossovers is how the rules end up clashing. One author can have Nanoha Breaker everything as they emerge, yet another would have her with no recourse against them, and then there's everything in between...

This exercise has been rather hard on me.
Old 2012-06-13, 06:06   Link #739
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Well, very few authors, even those in SF and fantasy, are geeky enough to consider how their works' factions would match up with others. That leaves us fans with a lot of wiggle room.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 22:20   Link #740
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So guys. Remember when we were discussing Zero no Tsukaima and such, with the possibility of Yuuno or Arf getting summoned by Louise? There was that big debate on what ability they'd get, since it wouldn't make sense, given their abilities, for them to become the Gandalfr familiar.

Spoiler for Well...:

Just thought I'd clarify that now that I've learned it.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2012-07-09 at 03:23.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote