AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-07-14, 20:00   Link #801
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Lol, y'know what? I just took a look at the AT-X "uncensored" version of episode 2......and it's not uncensored at all.
I was afraid of this... AT-X is eager to show tits, but reluctant to show gore... well in a way it makes sense

Quote:
AT-X is a pay channel (as opposed to the other channels TE airs on that are average cable and such) that airs late night and airs uncensored episodes. (normally) It's the only channel you can find the uncensored episodes of "Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai" (no nudity censoring) and other such series-es on.

Though as I recall it didn't uncensor Yosuga no Sora. But those were pretty much all-out sex scenes,.
True, actually there is no way to show fictional or real human genitalia domestically in Japan in any medium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Aren't these all-out gore scenes?
Quote:
Still, there's no point in paying a price aside from the channels you're already paying for, for episodes that are the exact same thing as the ones on non-pay channels. So I don't see why it's on AT-X in the first place.
Well, you pay for all the shows of the channel, reruns, and some other stuff, not just to watch uncensored anime... but I agree that uncensored anime is the main selling point of the channel after 24/7 anime broadcasts.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 21:12   Link #802
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
nice mechwarrior player >_<
ATLAS FTW!!!
No,you must use AWESOME

So that you can be AWESOME while you are driving AWESOME

Also,thick armor and enough energy weapon to make it look like miniature Susanoo
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 23:33   Link #803
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

There is a mil sci-fi series where Humans equal NOM besides this one. It is called the Posleen war Saga by John Ringo. It pretty much features the same amount of Sadism as this one.

I would pay good money to see most moe/harem characters thrown into the world of MLA.

I would also pay good money to see Shonen characters getting thrown into the world of MLA.

There are so many alien species which the Beta can go against....... I want to see BETAs Vs Varja.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 23:36   Link #804
Destined_Fate

You're going to have to wait and pray Muv-Luv attracts enough popularity to get in SRW to see them try and eat Vajra for that last one.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 23:54   Link #805
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
You're going to have to wait and pray Muv-Luv attracts enough popularity to get in SRW to see them try and eat Vajra for that last one.
Aren't the varja....
Spoiler for ggg:

If that's true. Eat Missiles Massacres BETAs.
Old 2012-07-14, 23:54   Link #806
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezexal View Post
There is a mil sci-fi series where Humans equal NOM besides this one. It is called the Posleen war Saga by John Ringo. It pretty much features the same amount of Sadism as this one.
Good to see someone else read that series. Its got lots of war stimulation, armored suits, METAL BOXES, THE FOOLZ!, THE COWARDS! with a bunny painted on the side.
I liked the earlier novels. The last few novels lacked something.

I much like the Troy Raising series. Nothing better then lots of big "thats no Moon" stations.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 00:29   Link #807
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Good to see someone else read that series. Its got lots of war stimulation, armored suits, METAL BOXES, THE FOOLZ!, THE COWARDS! with a bunny painted on the side.

I much like the Troy Raising series. Nothing better then lots of big "thats no Moon" stations.
Oh i know! Troy and the other stations gets Ring Of Fire'd into the universe of Muv Luv Alternative!

John Ringo is one of my favorite Sci-Fi authors.
Old 2012-07-15, 02:09   Link #808
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Still waiting for the rest of his Looking Glass and Von Neumann books, not to mention the Hedren Wars books. The guy has a problem at finishing what he started. Watching ACS vs BETA would be fun for sure though.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 02:46   Link #809
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:

Interest perked.

Shall investigate.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 06:32   Link #810
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Still waiting for the rest of his Looking Glass and Von Neumann books, not to mention the Hedren Wars books. The guy has a problem at finishing what he started. Watching ACS vs BETA would be fun for sure though.
Posleen Vs BETAs. Yep ACS vs BETAs would sure be fun.

"EAT RAIL GUN".
Old 2012-07-15, 09:26   Link #811
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I read that as Tau versus BETA...

Railguns and ion cannons. Flying mecha. Mmmm...
Old 2012-07-15, 09:33   Link #812
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I read that as Tau versus BETA...

Railguns and ion cannons. Flying mecha. Mmmm...
They got NOMMED by Nids... Don't see them doing much better against BETA, since BETA has HAXOR LaZors!

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-07-15, 09:37   Link #813
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Lol at the WH40k references.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 09:48   Link #814
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
They got NOMMED by Nids... Don't see them doing much better against BETA, since BETA has HAXOR LaZors!
BETA are slower than Nids, just that they have AP2 S9 Lascannon on demand.

That said, Shadowsun and her ship fought off a splinter fleet, so with the right people, the Tau can prevail against the BETA.
Old 2012-07-15, 09:48   Link #815
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Lol at the WH40k references.
Its the origin of almost all Bio organic NOMMING armies after all. The original Aliens is the precursor to that too.

This Time, Its NOM!

Old 2012-07-15, 09:50   Link #816
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
There are so many sci-fi stories where the aliens go Nom Nom Nom on humans and other sentient life forms. A series by David Weber and a another person, John Ringo and who else?

I read in another thread about Muv Luv where you guys talked about John Ringo and his sense of patriotism. He is one of the authors of Baen which is known for the sheer amount of conservative/libertarian writers who write for that book publishing company.

Although Tom Kratman is insane even by their standards...... (Caliphate and the Desert called peace series)
Old 2012-07-15, 10:01   Link #817
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
There are so many sci-fi stories where the aliens go Nom Nom Nom on humans and other sentient life forms. A series by David Weber and a another person, John Ringo and who else?

I read in another thread about Muv Luv where you guys talked about John Ringo and his sense of patriotism. He is one of the authors of Baen which is known for the sheer amount of conservative/libertarian writers who write for that book publishing company.

Although Tom Kratman is insane even by their standards...... (Caliphate and the Desert called peace series)
Lol, I read the same authors. You should check out Jim Butcher - Dresden Files, Larry Correia - Monster Hunter, Michael Z. Williamson - Ripple Creek, The Death Stalker series, Alan Dean Foster - The Man who used the Universe & Paralelities, Song of a Distant Earth (which happens to be the title of the ending song of ML:U). You can also read some of Terry Pratchett's - Nightwatch for another character who goes back in time, and knows whats going to happen.

Old 2012-07-15, 10:08   Link #818
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Quote:
Lol, I read the same authors. You should check out Jim Butcher - Dresden Files, Larry Correia - Monster Hunter, Michael Z. Williamson - Ripple Creek, The Death Stalker series, Alan Dean Foster - The Man who used the Universe & Paralelities, Song of a Distant Earth (which happens to be the title of the ending song of ML:U). You can also read some of Terry Pratchett's - Nightwatch for another character who goes back in time, and knows whats going to happen.
I love the works of Michael Z Williamson (Freehold was a awesome book of mil sci-fi/libertarian world building).

Did you read Monster Hunter Legion yet?

Talking about MHI, Monster Hunter International would be a awesome anime.
Old 2012-07-15, 10:18   Link #819
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
I love the works of Michael Z Williamson (Freehold was a awesome book of mil sci-fi/libertarian world building).

Did you read Monster Hunter Legion yet?

Talking about MHI, Monster Hunter International would be a awesome anime.
MH legion? I only got up to Alpha. I'll look for that ebook in the stores. Not sure about anime, but a TV series of MH and Dresden would be great.

I really love Dresden, i gauge it better than the other authors i listed in terms of SHEER AWESOME. Just to point, normal necromancers summon the undead. The MC, having just learned necromancy, visits the museum ...

Old 2012-07-15, 12:34   Link #820
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Crunchy streaming....

Do you remember the twins simultaneously talking in Ben-To? Imaging the same thing with two Soviet girls in a TSF.

Episode 3 overall:

The main cast had been introduced, and a lot of recognizable voice actors for people who don't check seiyuu casts. The episode introduce us to Project Prominence and the first impression would be, "Hey it does remind me of Macross Plus!", with a larger character cast. It really did remind me of the OAVs series. The music was quite okay. I'll keep watching.

I can foresee less BETA talk and more gushing over the tested TSFs' specs.

My first impression about the main character is that he is a pretty cool guy.

Last edited by Sheba; 2012-07-15 at 13:11.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen