AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 19:28   Link #1841
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lann View Post
Am I the only one thinking that the Ao universe is same one as the movie? It would have to be otherwise a paradox would happen. The scub coral wouldnt disappear from the future to the past, besides, it was explained in the first series that it would find another universe.
That's impossible I think. The movie takes place in 2054 A.D., and the world is nothing like the one in E7AO now. There is also no such thing as Scub Corals or Coralians in the movie world, which wouldn't make sense given what's happening in E7AO's world. No IFOs or flying cars either.

The movie world will likely be referenced and explained along the way, considering how they're already hinting at some connection in the mecha designs, but it definitely isn't the same world.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 19:45   Link #1842
Tyr Valein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
It had the unfortunate fate of being in a terrible movie.
I just hate its design as well as the whole concept, honestly. At least Spec 3 LOOKED like the Nirvash. The archetype consumed the mechanical components and it kept the same size and shape roughly. Simple.

Spec V for some reason has a ridiculous shape as well as funnels and a STAFF. Why would it need a STAFF?! I swear Kawamori cries himself to sleep every night after BONES forces him to redraw that monstrosity. (Then he probably draws himself the YF-29 just to clear that hideous design from his mind)
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 19:57   Link #1843
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
Spec V for some reason has a ridiculous shape as well as funnels and a STAFF. Why would it need a STAFF?! I swear Kawamori cries himself to sleep every night after BONES forces him to redraw that monstrosity. (Then he probably draws himself the YF-29 just to clear that hideous design from his mind)
Kawamori did not design the Spec V. Both the Spec 3 and the Spec V are Shigeto Koyama's work.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 20:10   Link #1844
Tyr Valein

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Kawamori did not design the Spec V. Both the Spec 3 and the Spec V are Shigeto Koyama's work.
Even better! Now I know that Kawamori's hands are clean! My conscience has been spared! Spec2 was always the best to me anyway...

(Kawamori remains my favorite mechanical designer of all time. Armored Core, Macross, Eureka Seven, you name it)
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 21:23   Link #1845
Justin_Brett

Speaking of Nirvashes, I hope TheEND does stuff soon.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 22:56   Link #1846
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Theory: Naru the first hybrid, than Eureka?

Eureka made 2 visits to that world. First time was with Elena (pregnant), meeting with Ao and the 2nd time was giving birth to Ao and leaving him there. That's why she recall the 2 old guys in the flashback (episode 13).

Was surprise Ao made the connection that he has an older sister, instead of a younger, so quickly.
That all seems the most likely.

Is it also implied that Eureka dies after the second visit? Or should we take all these ghost appearances as something else entirely?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 03:37   Link #1847
Destined_Fate

Wait... If Elena is his sister than what's with the pink hair and different skin and eye colors?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 03:47   Link #1848
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
That all seems the most likely.

Is it also implied that Eureka dies after the second visit? Or should we take all these ghost appearances as something else entirely?
She could be talking from the future... I think her "ghost" appearance is meant to be more like an astral projection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Wait... If Elena is his sister than what's with the pink hair and different skin and eye colors?
Elena may well have a habit of changing her looks along with her personality.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 05:26   Link #1849
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

So Naru is on Truth's side now? This could get messy. I somewhat agree that Naru would be the reverse version of Eureka.

Liked the op. I wonder if man behind Eureka is Renton. If so, he really changed a lot.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 05:30   Link #1850
Destined_Fate

Doesn't explain her skin color which appears all natural for her and isn't just a spray on tan or the such.

The man behind Eureka most likely is Renten. Hopefully they gave him a badass Goatee.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:00   Link #1851
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Doesn't explain her skin color which appears all natural for her and isn't just a spray on tan or the such.

The man behind Eureka most likely is Renten. Hopefully they gave him a badass Goatee.
Maybe Renton has a relative that is darker skinned and it just runs in the family. My sister is much darker skinned the me or our parents so its certainly possible.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 10:12   Link #1852
ReddyRedWolf

Or Elena like Eureka undergo physiological changes. Remember that time Eureka was green.

We have evidence of this with Ao with the hair turning green. Only in Elena's case she been at this stage of metamorphosis since she was a little girl.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 10:15   Link #1853
pirateking

Pregnant Eureka did not mention any war from her timeline but during the scene where Ao mom's is giving birth, she says Renton is fighting for her and their child. Seems the series is getting more and more terminator-like whereby the future is very dangerous while the past is a safe heaven.

No wonder Ao's mom look more groomy than the pregnant Eureka, cos the timeline/universe she came from is seriously f$%^ed and finds the past a more habitable place. Must be hard for Ao's mom to not only take care of her child in Renton's absence, but also fearing for her husband's life and know she cannot be there to aid him in any possible way.

Has anyone here watched the anime "Noein"? It involves multiple universe concept and gives you a more clear perspective on the possibilities of having different versions of yourself and the world.

Last edited by pirateking; 2012-07-21 at 10:25.
pirateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 10:27   Link #1854
ReddyRedWolf

Time travel doesn't apply to the E7 world as it is separate universe.

Naru thinks she understands but she doesn't. What she saw was E7 world's past where the Scub came from space.

The Scub arriving to her world comes from that universe.

Plus we have to take account Truth's The World is Wrong which suggest this is an artificial world. As evidence by the Cavern Club in Manchester not Liverpoool.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 13:15   Link #1855
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It's still technically time travel if the events are not contiguous. As we've seen, Eureka isn't going through the timeline in the right order, not to mention the busted Nirvash showing up in the light pillar.

On a completely different note:

Images
Odd device
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I wonder what this thing is supposed to be.
Old 2012-07-21, 14:44   Link #1856
lann

Quote:
Time travel doesn't apply to the E7 world as it is separate universe.

Naru thinks she understands but she doesn't. What she saw was E7 world's past where the Scub came from space.

The Scub arriving to her world comes from that universe.

Plus we have to take account Truth's The World is Wrong which suggest this is an artificial world. As evidence by the Cavern Club in Manchester not Liverpoool.
Very valid points. I have thought of the Ao universe being a separate universe and not E7's past. I only vaguely remember the movie and by what people here are saying it seems like the Ao universe cannot possibly be the movies' past. So Now im thinking something along the lines of this possibility.
Old 2012-07-21, 23:09   Link #1857
Kunagisa

Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 23:23   Link #1858
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/WGawjl.jpg[/IMG]
Nice catch! Elena, you dirty dirty girl!
Old 2012-07-21, 23:38   Link #1859
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
That's hilarious.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 02:25   Link #1860
Destined_Fate

I'm disturbed she has that and is laying on the Nirvash in that way if they are siblings.

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen