AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-03, 23:53   Link #141
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

That's good news.

Just watched 14. Another great episode that really hit a dramatic peak towards the end. It was fairly well done, but not nearly as emotionally overwhelming as the events of episode 12. Engrossing story nonetheless.

If I had a minor complaint about Mushishi though, it's that the character design of the once-and-done side characters isn't very imaginative. I suppose it's done with a purpose to make them blend in and look normal, but they're not very interesting people on first glance. Fortunately their stories are quite the opposite.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 01:21   Link #142
Lost

Well, Just watched 14 too. Couldn't wait so I got ANBU's sub for 14 instead * guilty* Sorry EmptySoul!! I'll get C1's sub as soon as its released!!
Spoiler for Episode 14:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I suppose it's done with a purpose to make them blend in and look normal, but they're not very interesting people on first glance.
Yep, they're just normal people in extra-ordinary circumstances I guess.

Edit// Yes! Ep 15 is out! I subbers.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-03-04 at 09:09.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 20:04   Link #143
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

"Reserved" is a good word to describe the character design of the side characters.

Episode 15. Wow, that was a somewhat sweeter episode by the end. Very much a case of making you want the happy ending, and then delivering it.
Spoiler:
I think this was the first Mushishi episode that I can describe with the word "fun"... obviously a very reserved type of fun, but fun nonetheless.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 02:06   Link #144
Lost

Ah... Episode 15. I wonder what Ginko meant when he said: "Even people are weaker in the winter" Is our Ginko in love?
Old 2006-03-05, 04:48   Link #145
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Ah... Episode 15. I wonder what Ginko meant when he said: "Even people are weaker in the winter" Is our Ginko in love?
I swear this is the only episode so far where I really think he wouldn't mind coming back to see those people again... yeah, even more than Fude no Umi, I don't know why people like that one so much. Oh well.

The lastest episode 19 (raw) is storyboarded by the Akitarou Daichi, I can't wait to watch it.
Old 2006-03-05, 08:22   Link #146
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I swear this is the only episode so far where I really think he wouldn't mind coming back to see those people again... yeah, even more than Fude no Umi, I don't know why people like that one so much. Oh well.

The lastest episode 19 (raw) is storyboarded by the Akitarou Daichi, I can't wait to watch it.
Actually I'm hoping he will go back. Sad that he can't settle down. A girl that likes him, with a brother that can see, and admires, Mushis... Ginko's perfect family. Oh Well.

The Akitarou Daichi? Erm sorry, but who is that?
Old 2006-03-05, 09:05   Link #147
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

wao knows a lot about anime stuff. Period.

As for me, I watched only the first episode but have up to the third. Why don't I watch it? I'd rather complete the series and watch it all in one to three seatings. I don't want to wait for the next episode to come. The waiting is tortuous.

Having C1 anime confirm that they will sub everything definitely is a breath of fresh air. Now to wait for the 20th episode ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 09:23   Link #148
Lost

Yes she does.

Not really for me... Since each episode is essentially self contained, there are no cliff-hangers and the story wraps up by the end of the episode; for me the waiting isnt that bad la, (tho sometimes the anticipation during d/l kills me) I just watch it and enjoy it as it gets released. I read somewhere on this thread that the DVDs will only be released in September? So physics223, it'll be a long wait anyway.. Sigh.
Old 2006-03-05, 11:11   Link #149
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I know the DVD releases will be later this year (too later, if you know what I mean). What I'm waiting for is for all the 20 TV episodes to finish subbing before I'd go on a marathon. I'm really thinking that ... okay, I'll download the episodes later ...
Old 2006-03-05, 16:48   Link #150
Cal-Reflector

Surprisingly light and happy episode, #15. There was even fluff as well, which I enjoyed immensely; Ginko you lady killer!

In addition, the scenery of Spring in the middle of a moutain forest amidst Winter was also fantastic.

Speaking of Ginko's ideal partner/family: I just realized something: Ginko's ideal lady would just have to be someone who could travel with him; a partner on the eternal journey. IE Tanyuu from episode 20, Fude no Yume...

Edit: Ginko could very well serve as the spokesman for Hugo Boss or Valentino's Men's Winter line in this episode; understated dark tones, good taste.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 20:13   Link #151
gargleblaster
spluh.

16's out

I'm digging these rapid-fire releases, EmptySoul...!

gargleblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 20:29   Link #152
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargleblaster
I'm digging these rapid-fire releases, EmptySoul...!

Brownie points to both C1 and Anbu for their great and more importantly timely work. Thanks!
Old 2006-03-05, 20:36   Link #153
Siye

WOOT! Mushishi 16 is OUT! C1 for teh WIN! ^_^
Siye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 21:34   Link #154
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Guys, I'd like to ask for your opinion. Which group is better in subbing Mushishi? I myself preferred C1 over the rest - was that a good choice? (I mean, I have been watching C1 all the way.)

And to go back to Mushishi itself - damn ... the story is simply flawless that I'm having goosebumps thinking of how these guys write. The plot, characters, and story is simply amazing... and I'm just on episode two.

How can producers make something so heart-wrechingly poignant yet beautiful? They have obtained the aesthetic of Japanese: beauty is ephemeral ... seize the moment when it comes.

It's comparable to Under the Volcano: it has grief-filled humor. And it's not that type of humor - there are other denotations and connotations of humor. That's amazing because Malcolm Lowry was compared to James Joyce ... that's just how masterful this series is, for me, anyway.
Old 2006-03-05, 23:21   Link #155
Lost

Well I dun think we can say which is better or not, all Fansubs do us a great (and free!!) Service.

But...if you want a comparision, so far I've only tried two, C1 and ANBU (ep14). Quality-wise, I didnt notice any huge difference, both were about the same, although ANBU's file was 30mb smaller. Subtitles by ANBU are bigger and a little sharper than C1's but whether thats a good or bad thing is essentially up to the veiwer. (For me big and sharp subtitles detract abit from the show's feel, but are good when I watch from my sofa, some distance away from the screen) Translation wise (only for ep 14), ANBU's translation seemed abit more to the point and simpler (some meaning could be lost). Oh and ANBU doesnt sub the OP whereas C1 does.

I'll stick with C1 mainly since like you its been the one I've been watching all this time. Plus we have C1's word that they'll sub the last 6 episodes.

Well, happy goosebumping
Old 2006-03-06, 01:18   Link #156
reinux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Translation wise (only for ep 14), ANBU's translation seemed abit more to the point and simpler (some meaning could be lost).
Plus we have C1's word that they'll sub the last 6 episodes.

Well, happy goosebumping
Most of our time and effort goes into editing and making sure none of the edits alter or detract from the meaning or feeling (or added for that matter), both stated and implied. So, as the translator, I assure you, little to no meanings are lost

And yes, we'll be doing the rest of the eps even if I have to buy the DVDs myself. Just because I love the series so much.

Last edited by reinux; 2006-03-06 at 01:40.
reinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 01:31   Link #157
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinux
Most of our time and effort goes into editing and making sure none of the edits alter or detract from the meaning or feeling, both stated and implied. So, as the translator, I assure you, little to no meanings are lost

And yes, we'll be doing the rest of the eps even if I have to buy the DVDs myself. Just because I love the series so much.
Ooo.. Thank you so much for the effort!
Old 2006-03-06, 02:55   Link #158
DeathWolf

for those who want to do a small comparison of the visual part(mostly encode and typeset) i have been done a small comparion of eps13:
http://kosmos.kawaii-shoujo.net/mushishi13/compare.html
Versions used in that comparison:
ANBU's version = [ANBU]_Mushi-shi_13_[BBC6772C].avi 720x400 118MB (left part)
C1's version = [C1]Mushishi_-_13[XviD][96495704].avi 704x396 176MB (right part)

As a side note i'm part of ANBU so you might consider this biased. I hope you wont since these are plain pictures comparisons, and i'm not judging anything.

EDIT: i also did some other comparisons on eps5 and 15 so here they are:
http://kosmos.kawaii-shoujo.net/anbu-c1/compare.html (for eps5)
http://kosmos.kawaii-shoujo.net/mushishi15/compare.html (for eps15)
(the orders for pics are the same)

EDIT2: all links changed to point to an html file
DeathWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 03:08   Link #159
h2o2shadow
[AR]

DW's encoding is hot <3
h2o2shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 03:25   Link #160
arias

Just as a comment, the title

"The Fabricated Spring" > "Pretend It's Spring"