Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-04, 02:14   Link #1381
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antinonymous View Post
don't mind whoever wins in Arena 2. But should not the first arena feature someone who are of the higher profile? I know Eri and Teletha have performed well, but I think there are more interesting matches other than that one.
Let's put it this way - I could have easily featured #7 Nanoha vs. #4 Kagami, which is also this Saturday. However, I use a pre-ranking system before each three-week period to determine which three matches should be featured in the first three arenas. Going out of those three just to promote a better matchup can also induce favoritism, which is not what I want to try to do.

If you did not know why I didn't update the Topaz schedule yet, it's because after Aquamarine 9 and the necklace is rewarded, I reset the pre-ranking system to the current ranking at that point to determine high profile matchups. But since it is too early in the season, we could have girls who went 2-0 for easy schedules and 0-2 (Hinagiku) for hard schedules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Shall I put Shana (2-1) in my sig already?

Killuan, dunno what's your issue with Shana, but maybe an Shana-Fate alliance wouldn't hurt. They seem to be the opposition based on what I've seen in MAL and what little I've seen here...
I was thinking about that myself (no I'm not Killuan) - with Nagi doing mediocre and Louise ranked... like 61st, Shana needs a new team - we need a Shana - Nanoha - Fate/Stay Night alliance here. Especially with #3 Kyou vs. #5 Shana and #4 Kagami vs. #7 Nanoha.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:20   Link #1382
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Awww Ryou should have won that one. Maria is just a minor character as well, right?
I don't recall Ryou having much prominence at all. I've only watched 12 episodes of Hayate vs. 21 of Clannad (I wait for widescreen), and Maria stands out to me way more than Ryou did.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:23   Link #1383
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
The loser is stated in the results - just not highlighted in Light Turquoise.
I was actually talking about the text one before you changed it to the chart. You know when I stated that it took me time cross-referencing? It just so happens it was during that time you uploaded the chart lol. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-04-04, 02:26   Link #1384
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Edit: Somehow I like Rika at #13. Defying that bad luck all the way.
Rika's rankings so far have been #13, #12, #13. She's not going anywhere, lol.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:27   Link #1385
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Shall I put Shana (2-1) in my sig already?

Killuan, dunno what's your issue with Shana, but maybe an Shana-Fate alliance wouldn't hurt. They seem to be the opposition based on what I've seen in MAL and what little I've seen here...

No issue, I suppose if anything, It's the same issue you have with Fate. Fate/Shana alliance? Sounds intrigueing... Well, just you and me Isn't going to exactly change much of anything, really. When is Shana/Fate match, anyways?
Old 2008-04-04, 02:28   Link #1386
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Top 16 in standings as of right now (Blue is Kyoto Animation)

#1 Haruhi Suzumiya
#2 Yuki Nagato
#3 Kyou Fujibayashi
#4 Kagami Hiiragi

#5 Shana
#6 Mai Kawasumi
#7 Nanoha Takamachi
#8 Kotomi Ichinose
#9 Tomoyo Sakagami

#10 Rin Tosaka
#11 Saber

#12 Shiori Misaka
#13 Rika Furude
#14 Teletha Testarossa
#15 Fate Testarossa
#16 Maria
Sorry, I kinda laughed. Wow. At least Shana is in the top five.

Look at the top winners for this match (above 75%):

84.5% Nayuki > Yurie
81.6% Mai > Yuno
75.4% Kyou > Yue
75.1% Yuki > Louise

And for last match:

85.3% Haruhi > Yuno
81.2% Kagami > Touka
77.2% Nodoka > Yurie

Thank God for Nodoka. I've never liked Negima!? more than I do now. Nothing against KyoAni, of course.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:33   Link #1387
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Rin > Rena = fail.
Hina losing to Haruhi means that KyoAni needs more hate.
And Horo beating C.C. means that at least something is becoming better.
Quote:
nice statement win by Haruhi over Hinagiku. fuck yes!!!

with this win all Haruhi needs to do is to beat Rika and then the proof that KyoAni's moe is superior is complete. At least that's what the 167 voters said.

I find it hard to believe that Rika won SaiMoe and Suiseiseki won the other year when Yuki and Haruhi was in 2006, and Kagami and Tsukasa in 2007. And yeah, Shana too should have won either of those.

This year who I predict to win SaiMoe? Tomoyo Sakagami or Kyou.

just my 2 cents.
Wow, I though I was a KyoAni fan, but this guy...
I didn't Haruhi all that moe, either.
Honestly, I like KyoAni's anime a lot, but I find less moe in their characters than other people do. What's wrong with me?
Quote:
Arena 1: Eri Sawachika (SR) vs. #14 Teletha Testarossa (FMP)
Arena 2: #3 Kyou Fujibayashi (CL) vs. #5 Shana (SnS)
Arena 3: Suigintou (RM) vs. Suiseiseki (RM)
Goddamn. That means Shana might lose her perfect record early because of fellow KyoAni fanboys and Gin will be 1-2.

And if any of you vote for Kyou, I will found out where you live, and I will do to you what Shion/Mion did to Keiichi in episode 8 in the middle of the night instead of in a hospital.

From now on, I will vote fairly regarding Suiseiseki, since KyoAni is a much larger threat outside of Japan.
(And she's my second favourite doll.)
Quote:
don't mind whoever wins in Arena 2. But should not the first arena feature someone who are of the higher profile? I know Eri and Teletha have performed well, but I think there are more interesting matches other than that one.
No, it's quite an epic battle, especially because it lacks KyoAni characters.
Yeah, but I think Kyou and Shana should be higher up because of the pure epicness. I'm going to begin to pray that Tessa beats Eri starting now, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I don't recall Ryou having much prominence at all. I've only watched 12 episodes of Hayate vs. 21 of Clannad (I wait for widescreen), and Maria stands out to me way more than Ryou did.
She didn't, and she doesn't really appear much in episodes 22 and 23.
Her only even mildly moe scene was the epic "I'm Tomoya, I became a girl." + "It falls off sometimes" scene.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:34   Link #1388
Khaos

Arrow

There is a little error in the list:
In arena 32, Eri has more votes, but Kiri is highlighted as winner.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:35   Link #1389
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

What are you talking about? Tessa is a KyoAni character!
Old 2008-04-04, 02:35   Link #1390
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Sorry, I kinda laughed. Wow. At least Shana is in the top five.

Look at the top winners for this match (above 75%):

84.5% Nayuki > Yurie
81.6% Mai > Yuno
75.4% Kyou > Yue
75.1% Yuki > Louise
Well, Yurie and Yuno are probably the two characters with the weakest and smallest fanbases in this tournament, Kyou is a beast, and Louise is an aquired taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
What are you talking about? Tessa is a KyoAni character!
She's only half-KyoAni, and I'm not going to say what the other half was.
All of her moe was in Fumoffu!, TSR, and the TSR OVA, though, so she's technically a KyoAni character.

Full Metal Panic! characters don't have the same general design that Key adaptations or Haruhi characters (Or Lucky Star, for that matter.) have. KyoAni mostly stuck with what G**z* had started.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:38   Link #1391
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Maria is kinda like Sunohara... she isn't a main character by any stretch of the imagination, but she's always 'just' there. At the very least, she gets like 10x more screentime than Hinagiku, but considering the popularity of that girl.... lol

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-04-04, 02:40   Link #1392
Teiran
NPC
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
No issue, I suppose if anything, It's the same issue you have with Fate. Fate/Shana alliance? Sounds intrigueing... Well, just you and me Isn't going to exactly change much of anything, really. When is Shana/Fate match, anyways?
August 7th, so it'll be a while yet. Shana gets Suigintou and Fate on consecutive match days.

(In tangentially related news, especially for those who were around last "season," Suigintou/Fate is scheduled for May 15th. They may not generate the same numbers/buzz as they did in last year's Saimoe or Best Moe, but both are still much-beloved characters, so I'm looking forward to their rubber match.)
Old 2008-04-04, 02:41   Link #1393
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Honestly, I like KyoAni's anime a lot, but I find less moe in their characters than other people do. What's wrong with me?
Nothing. I'm kinda' the same way. As I'm getting to know more of the girls I see less and less KyoAni moe.

Only 3 episodes into Hidamari Sketch and Yuno is really grabbing my moe strings. Which made it really tough sticking with Mai. But Mai is really close to my heart and she'll be staying there for a while, I'm sure.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:44   Link #1394
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

For me, KyoAni characters are more...pretty than moe. But of course, different people have different definitions of moe.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:47   Link #1395
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Shion/Mion attacks are why I keep Rena around.

There are few matches with Rena that will be hard for me. Her rematch with Kagami (if you take highest single match vote count, that match would have made Rena the winner of SaiMoe 2007) for one. Maybe against Tessa. Against Haruhi maybe...My KyoAni loyalty is pretty much broken by Rena and a few other characters. Also against "Junk", maybe Maria (VA love).

Now if this had "Osaka", then all bets are off.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:49   Link #1396
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiran View Post
August 7th, so it'll be a while yet. Shana gets Suigintou and Fate on consecutive match days.

(In tangentially related news, especially for those who were around last "season," Suigintou/Fate is scheduled for May 15th. They may not generate the same numbers/buzz as they did in last year's Saimoe or Best Moe, but both are still much-beloved characters.)
Oic, yea, I guess it is a long way off indeed.

As for Suigintou; I once wanted revenge, now I just feel sorry for her. Overrated on 2ch and underrated here.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:54   Link #1397
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

OMG, this thread picked up its pace quite a lot...

Quote:
Check Shana's profile in the contestants page. Or look below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiran View Post

(In tangentially related news, especially for those who were around last "season," Suigintou/Fate is scheduled for May 15th. They may not generate the same numbers/buzz as they did in last year's Saimoe or Best Moe, but both are still much-beloved characters, so I'm looking forward to their rubber match.)
Not to mention that there are people who love both Fate and Suigintou.

Speaking of which, I really need to start putting up more contestant profiles. I'll do a few once preparations for Aquamarine 3 are done, assuming I'm not slaughtered with other work.

Quote:
Goddamn. That means Shana might lose her perfect record early because of fellow KyoAni fanboys and Gin will be 1-2.

And if any of you vote for Kyou, I will found out where you live, and I will do to you what Shion/Mion did to Keiichi in episode 8 in the middle of the night instead of in a hospital.

From now on, I will vote fairly regarding Suiseiseki, since KyoAni is a much larger threat outside of Japan.
(And she's my second favourite doll.)

No, it's quite an epic battle, especially because it lacks KyoAni characters.
Yeah, but I think Kyou and Shana should be higher up because of the pure epicness. I'm going to begin to pray that Tessa beats Eri starting now, though.
I already explained this: feature matches for each period were predetermined before they started, and because I posted locations of each arena, I can't change it. The topaz order will be edited depending on how rankings go.

And besides, both Eri and Tessa are (2-0).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
There is a little error in the list:
In arena 32, Eri has more votes, but Kiri is highlighted as winner.
Fixed.

Quote:

As for Suigintou; I once wanted revenge, now I just feel sorry for her. Overrated on 2ch and underrated here.
Suigintou's doing a little better with her dominant win over Touka, but her votes against is just six more than her votes for, and she's still in the bottom 32.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:54   Link #1398
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Shion/Mion attacks are why I keep Rena around.

There are few matches with Rena that will be hard for me. Her rematch with Kagami (if you take highest single match vote count, that match would have made Rena the winner of SaiMoe 2007) for one. Maybe against Tessa. Against Haruhi maybe...My KyoAni loyalty is pretty much broken by Rena and a few other characters. Also against "Junk", maybe Maria (VA love).

Now if this had "Osaka", then all bets are off.
I personally would only vote Shana, Hina, Rika, Hanyuu, Rena, Tessa (eh.), Gin, Suiseiseki, Fate, Nanoha, Nagi, Maria, Louise, and Matsuri over the upper level KyoAni girls, though a lot of them I don't really find moe at all: Yuki, Tsuruya, Ryou, Tsukasa, etc. though not as little as Saber or C.C.
Quote:

Me too. I was planning to hate-vote Suiseiseki the whole season, but I'd rather support her from seeing these results.
Quote:
OMG, this thread picked up its pace quite a lot...
At first there was maybe 5-7 of us, then KholdSecks began to creep in, and now there's like 15130591 peoples and no more profile images.
Old 2008-04-04, 02:57   Link #1399
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Me too. I was planning to hate-vote Suiseiseki the whole season, but I'd rather support her from seeing these results.
Let's say we're just lucky both Shana and Suiseiseki are still (2-0). They better have at least like... 56 wins by the time they face each other in the season finale on August 23rd, which I left there on purpose (along with Fate vs. Nanoha).
Old 2008-04-04, 03:00   Link #1400
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Well this has been interesting and all, but I will go back to playing with my dolls. I still need to marathon FMP and Fumoffu also. I need to see Suigintou's cute side, because I really don't see how that's possible.

Edit: DESU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe