Not counting the open, I'm sure!

Nice find!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 12:33   Link #803
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That seems to be a common theme in anime, yeah.

Strawberry Panic, and Mai Otome, had that idea behind it as well.

There's some rationale to it, I suppose. Especially when the enforcement of the segregation is as severe as what we see in this anime.
What enforcement?

They walk to school together
They can meet in the library.
They can go home together.

That's just a girls and boy's school with 'friends benefits' haha.

At least so far they haven't talked about the 'tunnel' in the Manga, I always thought that was stupid when you have a common library.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 13:03   Link #804
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
What enforcement?

They walk to school together
They can meet in the library.
They can go home together.
I think he means the enforcement in school during school hours. Outside the common library, they can't cross to the other sex's side. I don't think they can have lunch with another. There is a security system and a mini Berlin wall with barbed wire. You just don't see that in every school. I know outside of school they are free to interact with another. But from my experience (went to a co-ed high school) one of the biggest places for interaction between males and females is during school, sharing experiences such as hard tests and crazy teachers. It introduces you to the other sex, which leads to interaction.

Using Kimi ni Todoke as an example, would Sawako be different if she and Kazehaya were segregated in school? Would she be a lesbian? I don't know. They might have never met, which in turn means they can't walk to school or home together.

That's why I am so interested in the seemingly mass lesbianism of the girls' side in Kämpfer. What exactly caused it? The school? The boys? Something deeper?
Old 2009-10-19, 14:08   Link #805
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Damn im not envious of Natsuru at all. Not only is he stuck in the girl form most of the time with potential enemies ready to kill him/her (im looking at you Student council prez) but hes living every males fantasy just not in male form its like the ULTIMATE tease/torture session except its everyday. Its like someone telling you you can take all the gold you can carry in these bags but only these bags but all the bags have holes in them.

*had to take a breath* now continuing

Also the girl who he likes happens likes the female version of him better "OUCH" and if thats not bad enough the little bit of a friendship he had with said girl who he crushes on in male mode just go screwed because of a rumor that hes technically dating him/her self. Perpetuating the rumor was a misunderstanding which lead to crush girl seeing cute glasses girl basically sitting on his crotch on the floor in the library cute glasses girl is also upset with him for dating himself (my soul is laughing so hard right now). The end result? crush girl vows to steal female version of himself from himself because hes cheating on himself with her and doesn't deserve the loving devotion him/her self give him/her self WTF

I dont care who you are i would need more therapy than Manson after this.
Old 2009-10-19, 15:16   Link #806
Mentar
Banned

There is one thing I want to point out: All detractor whining notwithstanding, the show DID manage to create a fairly unique setup. And at least I am very much looking forward to seeing the upcoming wars unfold ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 15:34   Link #807
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
That's why I am so interested in the seemingly mass lesbianism of the girls' side in Kämpfer. What exactly caused it?
It just adds to the humour, you could say it's the total separation between boys and girls...
Quote:
Its like someone telling you you can take all the gold you can carry in these bags but only these bags but all the bags have holes in them.
Look at the bright side, you can put your hands in these bags and take all the gold you can carry with your hands
Quote:
The end result? crush girl vows to steal female version of himself from himself because hes cheating on himself with her and doesn't deserve the loving devotion him/her self give him/her self WTF
YES! this is exactly why it's so epic!!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 17:07   Link #808
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
uh, hello?, its not like only the magical girl shows have loooong over-dramatic & silly looking, yet annoying transformation scenes

heck, the MANLY transformation scenes also sometimes gave out the same results over & over again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkYKYR1R1A0
indeed, i was just naming a few out of the numerous anime that have annoying transformation scenes.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 17:07   Link #809
loreileigh
Genderbending Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Still I cant help but feel a bit sorry for Natsuru´s boy form since now he is a major victim here, and not only has he lost the love of his life too his girl form, but is now hated by the girl he is love with in his guy form.

And Believe me I can already see what will happen when she finds out Natsuru´s girl form is Natsuru´s boy form as well, it will not change anything she will still love Natsuru´s girl form and not the boy form, its just how lesbian´s work, they wont automaticlly fall in love with the boy when she finds out that the girl she loved was a boy.

All feelings will drop.
Speaking of that, I love how they work that our in the OP scene. At the end, she's draped over Natsuru-chan, and then when it shows his male form, she backs off and looks a little peeved xD

Having not read any of the manga, I'm looking forward to the direction of the rest of the series!
loreileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 17:10   Link #810
loreileigh
Genderbending Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post

Kinda similar, at least that's what it looks to me.
lol, uh, yeah. Countless anime have spoofed, or at least borrowed from Sailor Moon through the years, and that is definitely what they were going for.

That being said, it was still awesome, and they did an amazing job, I wonder if Female Natsuru lost the bracelet if she'd be stuck as a woman forever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Damn im not envious of Natsuru at all. Not only is he stuck in the girl form most of the time with potential enemies ready to kill him/her (im looking at you Student council prez) but hes living every males fantasy just not in male form its like the ULTIMATE tease/torture session except its everyday. Its like someone telling you you can take all the gold you can carry in these bags but only these bags but all the bags have holes in them.
Going off what you said there, Natsuru cursed the female body and situation at first, and probably still will in future episodes, but in Ep 3, (s)he may be starting to embrace it, for at least being closer and having a chance with the girl (s)he adores, so I'm anxious to see what direction they steer this too. I wouldn't mind Natsuru ending up permanently female xD
loreileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 19:25   Link #811
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreileigh View Post
lol, uh, yeah. Countless anime have spoofed, or at least borrowed from Sailor Moon through the years, and that is definitely what they were going for.
Didn't Cutie Honey do it before Sailor Moon? I thought Go Nagai was responsible for all that was disturbing in the Magical Girl transformation back in 1973.

Indeed other than annoying talking familiars, doesn't Cutie Honey create all the tropes for transforming magical girls?
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 19:57   Link #812
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
I think he means the enforcement in school during school hours. Outside the common library, they can't cross to the other sex's side. I don't think they can have lunch with another. There is a security system and a mini Berlin wall with barbed wire. You just don't see that in every school.
That's what I mean, yeah. The way they play it up is huge... funny, but huge.

It sends the message that girls should mix with boys to a bare minimum, if at all.

Truthfully, though...

Quote:

That's why I am so interested in the seemingly mass lesbianism of the girls' side in Kämpfer. What exactly caused it? The school? The boys? Something deeper?
It's possible that it's just for pure comedy. I wouldn't necessarily read a lot into it. Insofar that it is "something deeper", I'm sticking to my gender segregated prison analogy.

It is strange in one way... but it is pretty common in yuri-oriented anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post

*had to take a breath* now continuing

Also the girl who he likes happens likes the female version of him better "OUCH" and if thats not bad enough the little bit of a friendship he had with said girl who he crushes on in male mode just go screwed because of a rumor that hes technically dating him/her self. Perpetuating the rumor was a misunderstanding which lead to crush girl seeing cute glasses girl basically sitting on his crotch on the floor in the library cute glasses girl is also upset with him for dating himself (my soul is laughing so hard right now). The end result? crush girl vows to steal female version of himself from himself because hes cheating on himself with her and doesn't deserve the loving devotion him/her self give him/her self WTF

I dont care who you are i would need more therapy than Manson after this.
It's a messed up situation, yeah. Still... Sakura is a cutie.

I'd be some tempted to fully reciprocate though if I was Natsuru when Sakura said "I love you" to female Natsuru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
There is one thing I want to point out: All detractor whining notwithstanding, the show DID manage to create a fairly unique setup. And at least I am very much looking forward to seeing the upcoming wars unfold ^_^
This anime is better than it's getting credit for, imo. Like you said, the setup is nicely unique.
Old 2009-10-20, 06:10   Link #813
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Possible reason why the girls are all over 'her':
Spoiler:
LOL! Males aren't supposed to have those right?

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 07:49   Link #814
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for NSFW Gundam joke:

Old 2009-10-20, 08:25   Link #815
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreileigh View Post
Going off what you said there, Natsuru cursed the female body and situation at first, and probably still will in future episodes, but in Ep 3, (s)he may be starting to embrace it, for at least being closer and having a chance with the girl (s)he adores, so I'm anxious to see what direction they steer this too. I wouldn't mind Natsuru ending up permanently female xD
IMHO it's a very bad situation for Natsuru. Either Sakura is a declared lesbian and there is no chance for male Natsuru to ever attain her love. Or she is just lusting after female Natsuru body. She know male Natsuru for some time, his personality doesn't change when he transform, yet Sakura is interested only in his female form. So she is not interested in personality, just body.

I know, love is blind, but in his case it's going into territory of pure stupidity.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 08:47   Link #816
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for NSFW Gundam joke:

ok now, does that make Christina also a kampfer herself?
& Mikhail must be rolling in his grave now...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 11:49   Link #817
Fishfood1

i think the only real way for natsuru to get the problem fixed between himself, his kampfer form, and sakura is to just show sakura his kampfer form... he can't drag this on forever. the longer he's dragging this on, sakura will just dislike his male form more and more.

even better idea... natsuru should just leave this school once and for all, and start a new life in another school

i think it'll be interesting to see how they'll pull natsuru out of this giant hole (s)he has gotten itself into. i'm just hoping it won't be a really stupid or quick reason that make little sense.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 13:46   Link #818
Fishfood1

^akane loves natsuru... probably male/default natsuru, unlike the other 99% of the weird lesbian girls in the school

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 13:46   Link #819
Lummie

^ Akane has romantic feelings for Natsuru but can't express them because his train of thoughts are each time with Sakura..his crush.

Edit: Fishfood1 got me there :P
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 14:24   Link #820
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
i think the only real way for natsuru to get the problem fixed between himself, his kampfer form, and sakura is to just show sakura his kampfer form... he can't drag this on forever. the longer he's dragging this on, sakura will just dislike his male form more and more.
It's possible Natsuru doesn't want to burden Sakura about the talk of Kämpfers. Remember Natsuru himself isn't completely aware of how the whole Kämpfer thing works, and plus it's Sakura's dolls that are becoming messengers for Kämpfer. Sakura might be so devastated that female Natsuru is also male Natsuru that complete chaos might occur. And also, Sakura might decide to just exit Natsuru's life, which to him would be devastating. So Natsuru might feel a wait and see approach would be best, not that I necessarily agree.

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen