Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-02, 06:24   Link #2701
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesousa2877 View Post
Is Kana winning?

I'm gonna lose a gasket if she loses, expecially to Shizuku.
Kana is currently losing by 10 to Shizuku.
Old 2010-09-02, 07:03   Link #2702
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
On a personal note, I just can't get behind Ritsu or Yui. There are only 2 types of Baka that I can get behind

Well, that's my initial thoughts on this subject. Someone shoot them down so I can think up of better arguments.
While that is probably more analysis than I'd go about when looking at characters, I might still be able to simply say why I like Ritsu (I can't say much about Yui).

You mention initiative, and I do think Ritsu shows that not only in taking up music to begin with, but also in forming the K-on group in the first place. I can't remember who's idea it was for the group to perform their first concert, but I have a feeling it was Ritsu too.
She's also very dependable, where we see she usually is the one who sorts and helps Mio out the most. And on the odd occasion, she helps out the rest too. During the play too, she was able to get into character a lot better and faster than Mio.

I dunno if lazy falls into a Baka type, but I've never seen her as Baka first and foremost, unlike Yui, where I can certainly be more agreeable with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post
HNGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

thirded. and contributan'

Someone needs to put up a pic of Hoodie Ricchan from the ED of K-on S2. More more Ritsu moeness!
Old 2010-09-02, 07:46   Link #2703
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
While that is probably more analysis than I'd go about when looking at characters, I might still be able to simply say why I like Ritsu (I can't say much about Yui).

You mention initiative, and I do think Ritsu shows that not only in taking up music to begin with, but also in forming the K-on group in the first place. I can't remember who's idea it was for the group to perform their first concert, but I have a feeling it was Ritsu too.
She's also very dependable, where we see she usually is the one who sorts and helps Mio out the most. And on the odd occasion, she helps out the rest too. During the play too, she was able to get into character a lot better and faster than Mio.

I dunno if lazy falls into a Baka type, but I've never seen her as Baka first and foremost, unlike Yui, where I can certainly be more agreeable with you.

Someone needs to put up a pic of Hoodie Ricchan from the ED of K-on S2. More more Ritsu moeness!
Hmm ok, yeah I did overlook that it was Ritsu's initiative that K-ON was formed in the first place. I knew there was something I was forgetting but I couldn't put my finger on it - thanks for pointing it out. Dependability... it's one of those conditional cases. She's dependable when looking after Mio, but she fails at it when dealing with her career thoughts and meeting the bureaucratic demands of being a club president. Yeah, both Ritsu and Yui do have their good points if I search hard enough so I can start to see how others might get behind them without resorting to cheap "because she's cute - period" reasons. But the fact I have to search hard for those reasons is why I personally can't get behind them. To each their own.

Incidentally, the play was... well they were at an unfair disadvantage when trying to impress me. When I was at school I participated in drama productions and it just so happens we did Romeo & Juliet when I was Ritsu's age. With martial arts and fencing choreography, the latter with equipment from the fencing club. And a bed scene (cue curtain fall). It is without question that they put on a good play and managed to pass the improvisation test, but I cannot help compare with my own experiences working with students who could contemplate getting scholarships in national drama courses.

Oh and in K-ON S2 ED2, oddly it was Azusa who made the best impression on me. Something about the unusually mature air she has around her while sporting a long ponytail and calmly playing the guitar.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-09-02, 07:49   Link #2704
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Yup she looked really cool there
Old 2010-09-02, 08:27   Link #2705
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Hmm ok, yeah I did overlook that it was Ritsu's initiative that K-ON was formed in the first place. I knew there was something I was forgetting but I couldn't put my finger on it - thanks for pointing it out. Dependability... it's one of those conditional cases. She's dependable when looking after Mio, but she fails at it when dealing with her career thoughts and meeting the bureaucratic demands of being a club president. Yeah, both Ritsu and Yui do have their good points if I search hard enough so I can start to see how others might get behind them without resorting to cheap "because she's cute - period" reasons. But the fact I have to search hard for those reasons is why I personally can't get behind them. To each their own.

Incidentally, the play was... well they were at an unfair disadvantage when trying to impress me. When I was at school I participated in drama productions and it just so happens we did Romeo & Juliet when I was Ritsu's age. With martial arts and fencing choreography, the latter with equipment from the fencing club. And a bed scene (cue curtain fall). It is without question that they put on a good play and managed to pass the improvisation test, but I cannot help compare with my own experiences working with students who could contemplate getting scholarships in national drama courses.

Oh and in K-ON S2 ED2, oddly it was Azusa who made the best impression on me. Something about the unusually mature air she has around her while sporting a long ponytail and calmly playing the guitar.
About the dependability thing, I won't doubt what you say. I've just seen a lot of people in real life (through own experiences and seeing others) with the Ritsu-Mio relationship, where the 'Mio' is more fragile but tends to stand out, while the 'Ritsu' is a strong back-up force. And the overall feel is that the 'Ritsu' people tend to be under-appreciated, so I kind of have a soft spot for characters like that. And for me on a personal level, I can definitely relate to Ritsu (and Yui I guess) in dealing with career thoughts. I'm one of those people who can't fathom how 17 year olds are supposed to decide what careers they want to undertake for the rest of their life. I dunno how serious the Japan career submission thing is, but where I came from, it was. And I hated it. As for the club president aspect, Ritsu's lucky she's got a great advisor and student council. While I hate bureaucratic things too, dealing with crappy teachers just made it a whole lot worse.

And whoa, I was in a school play too. We went on to be state champions, but this wasn't in usa or uk, but some south-east asian country, so make of that what you will. There was no national event, so we had to settle for the state, and although it probably wasn't as grand as yours, I at least get a little bit of what you mean when you compare it to K-on.

And I too like Azusa's appearance the best in the ED. Ritsu's I like second best.
Old 2010-09-02, 09:08   Link #2706
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Arrow Round One - E08, F08 Results

Kana and Ritsu won.
http://mig380.chez-alice.fr/up0/file/u1_003771.txt
http://j72820.chez-alice.fr/up0/file/u2_000886.txt

Block E08
1st 296 votes | Nakamachi Kana @ Kanamemo
2nd 231 votes | Sangou Shizuku @ Kämpfer
3rd 84 votes | Ryougi Shiki @ Kara no Kyoukai the Garden of Sinners
4th 74 votes | Ekaterina Kurae (Katja) @ Seikon no Qwaser

Spoiler for graph:

Block F08
1st 369 votes | Tainaka Ritsu @ K-ON!!
2nd 253 votes | Shiina Minatsu @ Seitokai no Ichizon
3rd 76 votes | Koume @ Hanamaru Kindergarten
4th 47 votes | Cal Devens (Drei) @ Phantom -Requiem for the Phantom-

Spoiler for graph:

9/03 Matches:

Block E09
<<月詠小萌@とある科学の超電磁砲>> (Tsukuyomi Komoe @ To Aru Kagaku no Railgun)
<<久寿川ささら@ToHeart2 adplus>> (Kusugawa Sasara @ ToHeart2 adplus)
<<水無神操緒@アスラクライン2>> (Minakami Misao @ Asura Cryin' 2)
<<涼宮ハルヒ@涼宮ハルヒの消失>> (Suzumiya Haruhi @ The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi)

Block F09
<<月映静@大正野球娘。>> (Tsukubae Shizuka @ Taishou Yakyuu Musume.)
<<友兼(トモカネ)@GA 芸術科アートデザインクラス>> (Tomokane @ GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class)
<<アイリ@クイーンズブレイド 玉座を継ぐ者>> (Airi @ Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono)
<<明野美星@宙のまにまに>> (Akeno Mihoshi @ Sora no Manimani)

Last edited by frustra; 2010-09-02 at 10:57. Reason: hmm, can't tell if MAD.
Old 2010-09-02, 09:10   Link #2707
Mesousa2877

Send a message via Yahoo to Mesousa2877
WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That's the way to do it!

Must've been a pretty epic battle for Kana. The votes aren't bad, either.
Old 2010-09-02, 09:28   Link #2708
hinakatbklyn

It looked like Minatsu had a tough but respectable loss. The final tally tells a different story. Still a nice try.

I want to see Misao put up some resistance, but I doubt Haruhi will have almost no trouble winning. But after checking the prelim results, maybe Komoe will challenge.
Same for Airi. Maybe she will do better this year
Old 2010-09-02, 09:36   Link #2709
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesousa2877 View Post
WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That's the way to do it!

Must've been a pretty epic battle for Kana. The votes aren't bad, either.

Actually Kana led most of the way. As far as votes today, going with loli teacher over God, and yuri ghost surrogate milf meido

Last edited by Zeroryoko1974; 2010-09-02 at 09:50.
Old 2010-09-02, 09:55   Link #2710
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 1-1 (25-27)
Predictions: 2-0 (41-11)

Good job Kana! Koume got left behind

Picks: Sasara, Mihoshi
Predictions: Haruhi, Mihoshi

Will Haruhi do well? There's that Hirano Aya incident...
If it was still 2009, I would've voted for Airi, but Mihoshi deserves my vote this time around. Stargazing is awesome.

「今夜、寝かさないぞ!」

Last edited by Micchi; 2010-09-02 at 11:06. Reason: I'll take you up on that.
Old 2010-09-02, 10:01   Link #2711
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Arrow Tomorrow's Headlines

Picks: 2-0 (25-26-1)
Predictions: 2-0 (44-8)

Feeling confident right now, so i'm gonna go with Haruhi and Mihoshi as my predictions and picks, though i originally went with Airi as the winner a month ago.
Old 2010-09-02, 10:20   Link #2712
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I don't see the point of posting the final graph again other than getting a higher post count.

That said I can't comment Kana winning mainly because I haven't seen Kanamemo (yes I fail) but FML for Ritsu getting first place. Like Psieye I can't understand her (and Yui's) popularity at all.
Old 2010-09-02, 10:23   Link #2713
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Japanese must have a different spin on them.
Old 2010-09-02, 10:37   Link #2714
Mesousa2877

Send a message via Yahoo to Mesousa2877
Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post

Picks: 2-0 (25-26-1)
Predictions: 2-0 (44-8)

Feeling confident right now, so i'm gonna go with Haruhi and Mihoshi as my predictions and picks, though i originally went with Airi as the winner a month ago.
Oh come on.

Kana should be on the headlines. She IS a newspaper girl.

Spotlight stealer...
Old 2010-09-02, 10:38   Link #2715
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Like Psieye I can't understand her (and Yui's) popularity at all.
Really? Do you understand K-ON's popularity? If so, then there's no point in asking about a girl who isn't even in the top 3 for K-ON character popularity, anyway.
Old 2010-09-02, 10:59   Link #2716
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
About the dependability thing, I won't doubt what you say. I've just seen a lot of people in real life (through own experiences and seeing others) with the Ritsu-Mio relationship, where the 'Mio' is more fragile but tends to stand out, while the 'Ritsu' is a strong back-up force. And the overall feel is that the 'Ritsu' people tend to be under-appreciated, so I kind of have a soft spot for characters like that. And for me on a personal level, I can definitely relate to Ritsu (and Yui I guess) in dealing with career thoughts. I'm one of those people who can't fathom how 17 year olds are supposed to decide what careers they want to undertake for the rest of their life. I dunno how serious the Japan career submission thing is, but where I came from, it was. And I hated it. As for the club president aspect, Ritsu's lucky she's got a great advisor and student council. While I hate bureaucratic things too, dealing with crappy teachers just made it a whole lot worse.
Ah yes, the often-thankless job of being a support character. In SRPG games (especially SRW), it's the support characters who make the best hax moments possible. However, it is perfectly possible to be a support character while standing out at the same time. I used to have that "support from the shadows" mentality but my life over the last few years has kinda sunk that attitude as you just can't stay afloat with it in what I'm doing. I suppose this 'moving on' of my attitude means I have trouble staying warm with characters stuck in it.

I can understand career worries. Took me almost 10 years beyond Ritsu's age to figure out how the career game works. But the sheer magnitude of denial was what got to me. It's perfectly realistic and acceptable for 17 year olds to not have a clue what to want to do for their life but some worry should be warranted. They can hate it, they can worry about it, they can get stressed about it, but completely evading the matter every time it came up was a detrimental point to me.

Anyway, gratz to Ritsu winning. This next match... gee, it's rare that I have no clue who 3 of the contestants are but that's the case for the F-block today. Looks like I may have to abstain from half the vote for the first time this year.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-09-02, 11:02   Link #2717
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

Time to vote for God aka Haruhi.
Old 2010-09-02, 11:06   Link #2718
Psieye
Lore Hunter

It's always intrigued me that most people only recognise Haruhi from the Koizumi faction perspective (or give the role to Kyon). I suppose it's the interpretation with the most impact and memorability, but it's not the only interpretation of just what Haruhi is.

Old 2010-09-02, 11:09   Link #2719
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Spoiler for grue:

Voting: Chain-smoking loli, Airi
Predict: Haruhi, who knows

Haruhi will probably take the first one, unless everyone who doesn't like her rallies behind Komoe.
F match.... zzzzzzzzz.
Old 2010-09-02, 11:12   Link #2720
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think it is because that interpretation is the most fun to use, and Haruhi would probably be all over it herself because it was fun and not boring. Most don't really believe it, it is just to most interesting to use in context to Saimoe.

Tags
2010, saimoe