Old 2010-09-22, 10:03   Link #3741
Mesousa2877

Send a message via Yahoo to Mesousa2877
Kana! Go for it, Kana!

Old 2010-09-22, 10:03   Link #3742
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Expectable results.

Pausing for second to decide who to p- Cecily. Although I think loli sensei will win

Easily picking Yui for the second group.
Old 2010-09-22, 10:13   Link #3743
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Clicks:

Vote: Komoe, Yui
Predict: dunno (they're roadkill to Tenshi-Aoi anyway), Yui

Either Yui will totally crush both of them, or one or the other will give chase while the other will be lucky to crack 100 when voting closes. Regardless, I'm picking Yui-nyan to win.
As for the E match... eh, who cares. They're roadkill to Tenshi-Aoi showdown anyway.
Old 2010-09-22, 10:15   Link #3744
RJ TAYLER

Kinda sorry to see The Little Drummer Girl go like that.

On today's match for a place on the 'SaiMoe Outer-Ministry" I suppose a precedent was sort of set during this round*, so this 'could be' a 'Graduation Year" of sorts. For some of the long-standing faces of the " Sai Moe Backbench" at least.

*depicted below (HUEG PIC)

Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-22, 10:25   Link #3745
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Noooo, Erika is the strongest. She is blue, after all. Double crap (but very expected) results.

Kana and Cecily are fine though I'm not overly high on either. Komoe is dead to me after beating Haruhi.

Looks like Evangeline on the other side, and I seem to have misplaced my primary signature.
Old 2010-09-22, 10:29   Link #3746
RJ TAYLER

A note It has been drawn to my attention that the following user:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jac16888

Has requested the Wikipedia SaiMoe entry be deleted in it's entirety.
Old 2010-09-22, 10:36   Link #3747
krko
The Movie is Coming

Ritsu.... T_T I'm still surpirsed at Nadeko getting 900+ votes when nobody else has even breached 800.
Old 2010-09-22, 10:38   Link #3748
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Arrow Tomorrow's Headlines

Picks: 1-0-1 (9-5-2 in r2)
Predictions: 2-0 (13-3; 73-15)

Sad that Ricchan and Erika had to pack it up for the year, but just another day in Saimoe. If they had to go out though, losing to characters I also really like is not that bad. So yeah, grats to Hitagi and Yamada for making it through.

For today, Yui and Komoe are the favorites to win, given their past accomplishments. Predicting them to advance. The Block E match is interesting, but yeah, Komoe has the mojo edge.

Supporting Evangeline and Kana, however. Best of luck, I guess.
Old 2010-09-22, 10:42   Link #3749
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
Ritsu.... T_T I'm still surpirsed at Nadeko getting 900+ votes when nobody else has even breached 800.
Because it was srs bsns proving Nadeko is an Ace who merely got shafted last year by a late debut. Double srs bsns because K-ON's Yui was on the line.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-09-22, 10:42   Link #3750
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post

If you disagree with this, help bolster the contents and provide more links that discuss about the this and the other two Moe Tournaments as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna..._Saimoe_League

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_Moe_Tournament

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime_Saimoe_Tournament

My experience with these wiki challenge is that you need to provide as many website as possible that mentions the subject of the article ( Saimoe ), AND bolster other wiki article ( Best Moe and ISML ) that is related to the article that is being challenged in order to make those deletion requests go away.

Also, for this particular challenge, a counter-challenge can be made that if English Article is to be removed, so should Japanese and Korean Article as well.
Old 2010-09-22, 11:01   Link #3751
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Nice Yamada~, neutral on the other result.

Today voting for Little moe and Evangeline.

Never forget
Old 2010-09-22, 11:03   Link #3752
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
early exit polling shows a 3-1 margin for Cecily over Komoe (that's 3 votes to 1 ) and Yui-nyan and Eva tied at 2. Stay tuned for further coverage
Old 2010-09-22, 11:05   Link #3753
Wanderer
Goat

Yesterday's results couldn't have been more according to expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Expectable results.

Pausing for second to decide who to p- Cecily. Although I think loli sensei will win

Easily picking Yui for the second group.
Loli-sensei

For those who don't know Japanese, as OverFunk just referenced, the kanji for Komoe (小萌) literally mean "little growth" or "little moe". Either way it's funny. それにしても, I'm voting Cecily (and Yui-nyan).

Last edited by Wanderer; 2010-09-22 at 11:08. Reason: OverFunk beat me to it
Old 2010-09-22, 11:17   Link #3754
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 1-1 (10-6; 43-45)
Predictions: 2-0 (11-5; 68-20)

Another HTT member bites the dust. With Mugi in danger and one of Mio/Azunyan gone by the end of block finals, K-ON doesn't look so good after R1.

Picks: Kana, Hazuki
Predictions: Kana, Yui

Going with the omochikaeri combo of Kana and Hazuki. Yui-nyan must prepare for PvP against Mafuyu soon.
Old 2010-09-22, 11:23   Link #3755
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
Another HTT member bites the dust. With Mugi in danger and AT LEAST one of Mio/Azunyan gone by the end of block finals, K-ON doesn't look so good after R1.
Felt compelled to do the correction. Even, I feel at least one of them will lose in this round.

Ho-kago Tea Chokers.

Never forget
Old 2010-09-22, 11:33   Link #3756
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Judging by user history, I believe the reason for deletion is that it is Japanese on an English wiki. I cannot be certain but there are a lot of deletions and requests for deletions from this one due to untranslated content, or repeated content from wiki of other languages (perhaps he feels they are redundant). Lots of deletions due to content not being translated for many weeks.

Though I wonder on the reason for the request. Is the stated reason use of Twinkle or is that what he's using to request the deletion (I don't hang around Wiki to do anything but read).
Old 2010-09-22, 11:33   Link #3757
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Felt compelled to do the correction. Even, I feel at least one of them will lose in this round.

Ho-kago Tea Chokers.
it would have to be Azu-nyan as she is up against poplar and sadako. I feel poplar got enough to win that group. Only way Mio can lose is if the kugiRei and Nanoha troops decide go out for burning Arissa.

Group F will be a very interest 3P between between 3 very strong characters.
Old 2010-09-22, 11:47   Link #3758
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post

Right.
RJ, if you know this mod, please get him to state the reasons that he wants the entry deleted. If anybody else uses Wiki to a large extent (i.e. edits, corrects, etc) please find out what's going on, so that one of us can form a decently worded appeal and fix what's wrong or whatever else needs to be done. I'm just not sure what to do now that one of the Wiki mods wants to delete an article that ostensibly people still use.

Whomever finds out, you can either post it here on the board or PM it to me -- preferably post it on the board as it isn't an off topic discussion, being that it directly pertains to Saimoe and is referenced in komari's first post.

EDIT: Just saw Ithekro's post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Judging by user history, I believe the reason for deletion is that it is Japanese on an English wiki. I cannot be certain but there are a lot of deletions and requests for deletions from this one due to untranslated content, or repeated content from wiki of other languages (perhaps he feels they are redundant). Lots of deletions due to content not being translated for many weeks.

Though I wonder on the reason for the request. Is the stated reason use of Twinkle or is that what he's using to request the deletion (I don't hang around Wiki to do anything but read).
Could somebody verify this? I'm not sure how to go about doing it. However, if it's just untranslated material, that's not a problem, one or two of us can just knock out the translation and we'd be good to go, but we still need to get whatever reason(s) this mod has for wanting the entry expunged.

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2010-09-22, 12:22   Link #3759
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Yui-nyan has opened up a lead on Eva, and Cecily has a slight lead on Komoe *edit* Komoe and Cecily are tied.

1st, 37 votes, Cecily
1st, 37 votes, Komoe
3rd, 24 votes, Kana

1st, 52 votes, Yui-nyan
2nd, 36 votes, Eva
3rd, 18 votes, Hazuki
Old 2010-09-22, 12:31   Link #3760
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Eva isn't going to make it. It'd take a miracle to break the chains of fate that is history itself.

Also, I hope someone is working on a 2010 Saimoe collection archive of all the pics and images (charts as well) for this year's Saimoe. *cough*
Closed Thread

Tags
2010, saimoe