HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Are you KIDDING? The first was terrible
have you seen the second? now THAT was terrible
Old 2011-06-05, 22:59   Link #82
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Passenger 57. I'm a big fan of Snipes and even though it isn't as good a some of his other tracks, I love it for some reason.
Old 2011-06-06, 00:46   Link #83
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Chronicles of Riddick (2004). I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world that actually liked that movie and thought that it was a great sequel to Pitch Black (2000).
Old 2011-06-06, 01:30   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Most of the critics seem to dislike Death At A Funeral (2010). I thought it was utterly hilarious.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 01:53   Link #85
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Chronicles of Riddick (2004). I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world that actually liked that movie and thought that it was a great sequel to Pitch Black (2000).
The world is large my friend, I also like it believe it or not Also I watched the sequel first before I realized it has a prequel
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 08:17   Link #86
Solafighter
Hige

Top Gun (1986) with Tom Cruise
Old 2011-06-06, 08:48   Link #87
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
have you seen the second? now THAT was terrible
If the second one made the first one look like a good movie, then that's something we should worry about.

N.B. I have only seen the first movie, and it made me fall asleep within 30 minutes.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 09:05   Link #88
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Navy Seals with Charlie Sheen is another one. It's a generic action movie but I still enjoyed it.
Old 2011-06-06, 19:32   Link #89
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Lets see...

Space Jam.
The Book of Eli
All the Naked Gun movies

And... James Cameron's Avatar, this is strange but at the web everyone seems to hate James Cameron's Avatar, I really liked it tough.
Old 2011-06-07, 02:02   Link #90
Kafriel
Senior Guest

How to rob a bank: this was one of the few robbery movies that was actually funny and interesting at the same time, but for some reason it got 17~26/100...didn't find any reviews though.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 08:45   Link #91
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
The Wizard (1989) the video-game based movie where this is one of my favourite line in this movie:-

Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 12:56   Link #92
Tetra Vaal
Banned

This thread makes me so angry. I knew I shouldn't have come in here, as my snobbish film attitude kicks into full gear.

Seeing people cite Terminator Salvation or Transformers as a movie they like makes me want to cringe. First off, I'd take T3 over T4 any day of the week, its ending alone was better than any scene in Salvation. And as for Transformers, Michael Bay has never made a single watchable movie, ever.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 15:37   Link #93
Kallen4life

I think the CG is TFs is very good and some of the fights are cool .. also, I like the designs (yes, even the insectish Megs) and the alt forms (thank god no giant gun .. that would've looked stupider in live action then human-Galactus)

also, Megan Fox ain't half bad to look at

everything else though ...

oh yeah, sector 7 agent whatshisface (Simmons ?) is funny
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 00:03   Link #94
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
This thread makes me so angry. I knew I shouldn't have come in here, as my snobbish film attitude kicks into full gear.

Seeing people cite Terminator Salvation or Transformers as a movie they like makes me want to cringe. First off, I'd take T3 over T4 any day of the week, its ending alone was better than any scene in Salvation. And as for Transformers, Michael Bay has never made a single watchable movie, ever.
termintor salvation was eye-candy, the other terminator films couldn't even pull that off

granted i didn't expect that and i doubt there was supposed to be any

i liked them all for different reasons...except T3, i hated that
Old 2011-06-20, 00:50   Link #95
LMF

Hate me for this...

Napoleon Dynamite and Donny Darko. Not my cup of tea. In this case, can of soda.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 12:19   Link #96
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
termintor salvation was eye-candy, the other terminator films couldn't even pull that off
What? T4 didn't do anything visually spectacular... especially nothing revolutionary to the extent of T2. The funny thing is, T3 had about $50 million less in budget, but looked far more expensive than T4. Honestly, for a movie that exceeded a $200 million budget, T4's sets look like they came out of LOST... that's pathetic. Trust me, you're speaking to a VFX wiz, who got a big chuckle out of T4's CG aspect from start to finish. That movie may be the cheapest looking $200 mill movie of all time.
Old 2011-06-20, 18:35   Link #97
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I think Terminator Salvation was great, Terminator 3 was something I just hated, both visually and in script.

@Tetra Vaal: As the title says; movies we like but everybody else hates, the fact of you coming here complaining of movies we like that you don't seems a bit off in this thread, don't you think?
Old 2011-06-21, 13:52   Link #98
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
What? T4 didn't do anything visually spectacular... especially nothing revolutionary to the extent of T2. The funny thing is, T3 had about $50 million less in budget, but looked far more expensive than T4. Honestly, for a movie that exceeded a $200 million budget, T4's sets look like they came out of LOST... that's pathetic. Trust me, you're speaking to a VFX wiz, who got a big chuckle out of T4's CG aspect from start to finish. That movie may be the cheapest looking $200 mill movie of all time.
Special effects weren't that bad at all. Nothing special of course, but it was a post-apocalyptic world...Judgement Day came and went - they were in the early days of the war against the Machines - so they looked alot less sophistcated compared to the T-800 that Arnie was, or the T-1000.

Terminator Salvation was pretty good all round imo. The 1 thing that killed T3 for me was Nick Stahl as John Connor, and some of the lame 1 liners Arnie used. Otherwise it was decent all round, but didn't feel like Terminator to me.

For me.
Armegeddon -Its one of my favourite movies. Yes it had some glaring inaccuracies, but it was enjoyable to watch if you ignore all the bad things. Its entertaining and action packed, and has its funny moments.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 14:22   Link #99
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post

For me.
Armegeddon -Its one of my favourite movies. Yes it had some glaring inaccuracies, but it was enjoyable to watch if you ignore all the bad things. Its entertaining and action packed, and has its funny moments.
YAY a fellow Armageddon fan!

Don't know why I love it so much but I do.
One thing that I do love for any good action flick is some well placed music and this good music that was well placed.

Which brings me onto anotehr Willis flick, The Fifth Element altho i don't think it's hated that much and could be considered abit of a clut classic but either way one film I love.

Chris Tucker was brilliant here!
Old 2011-06-22, 14:46   Link #100
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Special effects weren't that bad at all. Nothing special of course, but it was a post-apocalyptic world...Judgement Day came and went - they were in the early days of the war against the Machines - so they looked alot less sophistcated compared to the T-800 that Arnie was, or the T-1000.

Terminator Salvation was pretty good all round imo. The 1 thing that killed T3 for me was Nick Stahl as John Connor, and some of the lame 1 liners Arnie used. Otherwise it was decent all round, but didn't feel like Terminator to me.
1.) You're confusing special effects with visual effects. The actual special effects were done by Stan Winston Studios right before he unfortunately passed away, but those practical effects are so far and few between, that it's hard to have an actual appreciation for em'. Now, as for the VFX... they weren't terrible, but they were nothing special either. They didn't do anything that T3 didn't previously do 6 years prior, with less of a budget no lkess.

2.) I'd take Nick Stahl's emotionally erratic performance over Christian Bale's one-note performance where all he did was scream at the top of his lungs in almost every other scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
I think Terminator Salvation was great, Terminator 3 was something I just hated, both visually and in script.

@Tetra Vaal: As the title says; movies we like but everybody else hates, the fact of you coming here complaining of movies we like that you don't seems a bit off in this thread, don't you think?
1.) I realize it's the "in thing" to do to hate T3, but how anyone can LOGICALLY hate T3 while praising T4 is beyond me, considering how inept McG's directing skills are. The VFX were better in T3, the performances were better in T3, the action was better in T3 (especially the last 25 minutes), and the ending was ballsier than most blockbuster movies in T3. If T4 did anything right, it's that it finally showcased that McG should not be given $200 million budgets.

2.) I don't really have a problem with people enjoying movies that others hate... I'm just telling it like it is when it comes to the technical categories of both T3 and T4. Where my OPINION comes into play is in my above statements... I'm just flabbergasted as to how anyone could prefer T4 to T3... I guess I'll just say to each their own.