Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-18, 21:33   Link #661
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Kotone's revealed to have a fiancée in episode 7.
Where exactly are you getting this?

Her imouto said to Kotone "You've even delayed talks of your engagement." She doesn't have a fiancée by this line, but her parents are/were looking to set-up one, but haven't done so.

Haruka is the one claiming Kotone to have a fiancée .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 15:36   Link #662
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Her imouto said to Kotone "You've even delayed talks of your engagement." She doesn't have a fiancée by this line
That doesn't mean she's not already engaged. There could be many things concerning her engagement that need to be talked about. For example, when they're going to get married and things like that. Besides, Shizuku was crying over this and she knows Kotone's situation better than Haruka...

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-03-20 at 12:58.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 12:22   Link #663
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I love that Kaede's reaction in the gym was basically "At least be subtle about it."
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 14:52   Link #664
The Green One

In regards to today's episode, looks like big sis finally caught Yuu and Haruka red handed....

Last edited by The Green One; 2014-03-21 at 01:08.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 23:07   Link #665
rladls716

And Mitsuki curses herself after realizing she loves Haruka. So what? Whether that love come true or not, that will be an another battle for getting approved by others if exposed.

It is already a pain that Haruka and Yuu kissing secretly, and now that is forbidden by Mitsuki. So what else will be taken away? Rubbing their body each other bonding? Other Yuri stuff they are enjoying?

Making and protecting one's ideal world, it most has to do with keeping those worlds secret. If find out, try to get away with it and it will be fine as long as it won't be interfered.

I dislike such people destoying those ideal worlds, but I also dislike those worlds if it messes up with other worlds.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 00:01   Link #666
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ep 11

Yeah Mitsuki-kaicho you love Haruka but LOL Mitsuki first think that "I love Haruka" I never heard Yuu think that ...

Yes I want see Yuu and Haruka that say "I love you" >_<!!

PS: I want more Sumi-chan she so cute

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2014-03-21 at 01:56.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 22:20   Link #667
The Green One

Well Mitsuki finally added 2 and 2 together and got 4 to realize she's in love with Haruka. Too bad she had to more or less shoot herself in the foot before figuring it out with that confrontation at Yuu and Haruka.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 23:12   Link #668
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Too bad she had to more or less shoot herself in the foot before figuring it out with that confrontation at Yuu and Haruka.
It's not like she had a chance to begin with so it doesn't matter.
Old 2014-03-22, 01:54   Link #669
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Ouch, seems that Mitsuki is so dense at herself that she forgot her crush on Haruka, despite forbidding Haruka to kiss her sister! *facepalm*

BTW, those two seniors with colored shoelaces... Their voices sound so familiar. They sounded like Mio and Ritsu.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 02:23   Link #670
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Free gifs:

Episode 2:

One more episode to go, hope 12-A does not screw things and 12-B will be even more special than anything else as it is titled 'Sakura Trick'.
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 08:04   Link #671
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.11

meet next pres sumi who got lots to work to do in next school year meanwhile haruka wonder to do something for pres mitsuki's grad-farewell gift give ask yuu & also meet with sumi.

give so spy on 3rd years give seeing lots of them get pudding yet go pudding theme give sumi grab haruka "pudding" same with yuu give haruka going do touch my "pudding".

then after haruka & yuu did usual doing til in words of candace "you're so BUSTED" cause pres mitsuki & vice rina saw it so yea no more kiss doing them even had kaede to spy on haruka.

give haruka manage sneak bits some doing yet back to pres mitsuki give go get pudding them sumi appear cause lots of 3rd year want pudding.

cause some 3rd years buy pudding to they can their own bigger "pudding" than mitsuki yet have pres to pres talk then mention haruka give all cause pres mitsuki i want haruka.

finale ep next week.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 11:02   Link #672
Mesousa2877

Send a message via Yahoo to Mesousa2877
I really, really, really don't like Mitsuki. I've stated on my Twitter account on how badly written she is, and I might as well dump a big load on why I really don't like her here.

For starters, her crush on Haruka might be the worst written "crush" (note the quotation marks) I've seen in any show in history. She barely knows her, barely has talked to her, and just like that, she's apparently in "love" with her. She never talks how beautiful she is, or how nice she is or something like that, it's like if Stephannie Meyer wrote it.

That's right, it's as bad as something out of Twilight.

Maybe, maybe I would believe it if indeed they hung around together every once in a while, or at least have met before on occasion, but I'm supposed to believe Mitsuki crushing on Haruka when they barely interacted. And to make things worse, Mitsuki doesn't even care for her sister as a result. She cares more for the person that she barely even knows about instead of Yuu as of late.

Sure, sure, they're doing this to prevent incest tones, but it's just odd that she so darn oblivious to her own sister and Haruka actually having that relationship. This would actually work better if Mitsuki manipulates her student council president order to do so, until eventually realizing how much Yuu cares for Haruka.

Instead, she remains stupidly oblivious to her own sister's feelings, and that's pretty much the main reason why I really hate Mitsuki here. She's oblivious in the worst way possible instead of trying to act selfish to eventually notice it.
Mesousa2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 11:33   Link #673
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sumisumi is a really fun character. I wish she had been added sooner. Hopefully, we'll get another season where we see her more.

Good story progression this week. Mitsuki now knows about Haruka and Yuu's relationship and she finally realized her own feelings for Haruka (I thought she already knew!!).
Old 2014-03-22, 11:50   Link #674
Kazu-kun

Yeah, I don't like Mitsuki either, and if she confesses or anything like that next episode I'm going to hate her. She hasn't been much of a sister to Yuu all this time, and if she tries to steal Haruka from her, she would be a huge bitch.

It's a shame. Her character would have been great as an actual sister character. But as a "love rival" she sucks.
Old 2014-03-22, 12:50   Link #675
Gravitas Free Zone

The eleventh-hour (eleventh-episode, even) drama with Mitsuki is clumsy. It seems like it exists to help drive the existing tension between Haruka and Yuu, but that could have been pushed along a bit faster by itself, without this penultimate-episode whammy.

Sumisumi turned out to be a bit of a perv. How convenient?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 13:00   Link #676
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Yeah, I don't like Mitsuki either, and if she confesses or anything like that next episode I'm going to hate her. She hasn't been much of a sister to Yuu all this time, and if she tries to steal Haruka from her, she would be a huge bitch.

It's a shame. Her character would have been great as an actual sister character. But as a "love rival" she sucks.
Actual normal sister sounds boring to me, she’s more interesting this way at least for me, and I don't get why people think she will become Yuu's love rival when she doesn't stand any chance of winning. Well she doesn’t contribute much to the romance side of things because her characterization isn’t something to be taken seriously. Mitsuki’s crush for Haruka isn’t supposed to make sense because it’s supposed to be played for laugh. This somewhat reminds me of how people dislike Kuroko from Index/Railgun. People complaining about how Kuroko’s character and ability were underutilized and it are a waste that she was written as a pervert psycho lesbian. Yeah I understand that. Mitsuki’s similar in a sense that her character here lacks purpose because her crush doesn’t stand a chance anyway.

Approaching from the romance genre perspective, I agree that Mitsuki isn’t well written. However, her characterization is something that works well in comedy series like Sakura Trick. Sakura Trick is first and foremost a comedy, and most of the romances are played out as lighthearted and endearing rather than for creating tension and drama.

Mitsuki’s characterization is a living contradiction which is why it’s best suited for comedic purpose. While she’s supposed to be a third year, a responsible big sister, and a competent student council president, half the time she doesn’t act like one. She almost always keep thinking about Haruka, and tries to deny it. She acts like a Haruka’s stalker, but convinces herself she does it for Yuu’s safety. Even though she’s already in her third year, we almost never see her with other third year and she always end up tagging along with the first years. She doesn’t give much air of authority and mostly go with the flow with whatever her little sister and friends are up to. She is easy to pull prank on especially coming from how Kaede keep messing with her. Overall, she’s quite a tsundere but more directed toward her own feelings than toward Haruka.

So why is it that her feelings for Haruka suddenly take a more serious turn this episode? I believe this is a proper way for the author to “send her off” without anything about her left hanging in the mind of the audiences, so at least before she disappear from the cast, having her confess and reject is the right move in my opinion.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 13:06   Link #677
Biohazardous

I'm sure we will be craving a second season hardcore unless they fack it all up big time. I already cant wait for a few OVA's to hold us to a second season. Ive enjoyed watching this show.
Teja I love Kuroko from railgun. I look forward to what she does so I can laugh when she gets fried. To me Kuroko and those like her can be a reason to like a show. I cant help but wonder what is this crazy person going to do next. Any show that has them I seem to rewind what they do to make you laugh. It's another thing to look forward to.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 13:17   Link #678
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Actual normal sister sounds boring to me, she’s more interesting this way at least for me, and I don't get why people think she will become Yuu's love rival when she doesn't stand any chance
That's besides the point. Whether she has a chance or not, If she tries something knowing that Haruka's her sister's girl, that makes her a shitty sister, and I don't like shitty sisters.

She would be a more interesting character is she behaved like an actual sister. The one time when she did so (in the xmas episode) was her best moment in the whole series imo.
Old 2014-03-22, 14:59   Link #679
Biohazardous

I'd like to think she will take the high road based on the xmas episode. Maybe even tell Haruka that she realized she likes her but that she is also her sisters girl and ask her to please take care of her or something.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 15:31   Link #680
Mesousa2877

Send a message via Yahoo to Mesousa2877
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Actual normal sister sounds boring to me, she’s more interesting this way at least for me, and I don't get why people think she will become Yuu's love rival when she doesn't stand any chance of winning. Well she doesn’t contribute much to the romance side of things because her characterization isn’t something to be taken seriously. Mitsuki’s crush for Haruka isn’t supposed to make sense because it’s supposed to be played for laugh. This somewhat reminds me of how people dislike Kuroko from Index/Railgun. People complaining about how Kuroko’s character and ability were underutilized and it are a waste that she was written as a pervert psycho lesbian. Yeah I understand that. Mitsuki’s similar in a sense that her character here lacks purpose because her crush doesn’t stand a chance anyway.

Approaching from the romance genre perspective, I agree that Mitsuki isn’t well written. However, her characterization is something that works well in comedy series like Sakura Trick. Sakura Trick is first and foremost a comedy, and most of the romances are played out as lighthearted and endearing rather than for creating tension and drama.

Mitsuki’s characterization is a living contradiction which is why it’s best suited for comedic purpose. While she’s supposed to be a third year, a responsible big sister, and a competent student council president, half the time she doesn’t act like one. She almost always keep thinking about Haruka, and tries to deny it. She acts like a Haruka’s stalker, but convinces herself she does it for Yuu’s safety. Even though she’s already in her third year, we almost never see her with other third year and she always end up tagging along with the first years. She doesn’t give much air of authority and mostly go with the flow with whatever her little sister and friends are up to. She is easy to pull prank on especially coming from how Kaede keep messing with her. Overall, she’s quite a tsundere but more directed toward her own feelings than toward Haruka.

So why is it that her feelings for Haruka suddenly take a more serious turn this episode? I believe this is a proper way for the author to “send her off” without anything about her left hanging in the mind of the audiences, so at least before she disappear from the cast, having her confess and reject is the right move in my opinion.
That's my other problem with the show. It wants to be lighthearted and everything, but that actually makes it kinda artificial.

I know people don't want this show to suddenly turn into another Strawberry Panic/Maria-sama, but those shows were 100 percent dramatized. Sakura Trick can basically be a dramedy, and no one would really note much of a difference. Shows such as That 70's Show has had moments of laughter, but also rather serious drama, which, mainly involved relationships. This series should have been more like that.

The one moment that could save Mitsuki is, if indeed she tells Haruka and gets rejected, she realizes how dumb she's been in the past couple of months and similar to what Biohazardous said, tells Haruka to take care of Yuu, then admitting how bad of a sister she's been as of late and Haruka can say that she can have a chance to also talk to her sister as often as possible. There. While that may not entirely fix up Mitsuki's obliviousness on Yuu, it gets the job done.

Also, I'm honestly not that excited for the finale. Watch as this once attempting to be gutsy series then suddenly cower out. Haruka and Yuu aren't going to tell their parents that they're into each other. Because the morale is, that kissing your best friend who's also a girl doesn't mean crap, you're just still friends instead of proving that even loving someone with the same gender can work.

This series should have been heavily supported by the LGBT community, but instead watch as it fakes out.
Mesousa2877 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4koma, manga time kirara, yuri