AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-02-03, 14:27   Link #2561
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Read it first this morning. Didn't really know him from RvB, only RWBY, but even from that I liked the guy.

God damnit. Too sudden.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 17:08   Link #2562
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I only know Monty from RWBY
and to be honest, those are fantastic.. good soundtrack, good animation, predictable plot but indeed one of the best animated series I watch
He is such a great talent... a director, a conceptor, an animator, and a leader

I never expect he would gone at such young age
Rest in Peace, Monty
Your talent and work would never be forgotten

I guess it still early but it is okay to say goodbye to RWBY as well... just when everything is getting good... T__T
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 17:34   Link #2563
bakato

I couldn't bring myself to finish watching the podcast. It's clear that everyone was shaken. Can someone tell me if anything about RWBY was mentioned?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 17:50   Link #2564
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I couldn't bring myself to finish watching the podcast. It's clear that everyone was shaken. Can someone tell me if anything about RWBY was mentioned?
No, but I highly recommend watching the tribute video they made at the end. It will likely push you to tears, but it's worth it.
Old 2015-02-03, 23:01   Link #2565
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I've been trying to figure out my thoughts ever since I read the initial news on RT. To be honest, I'm still trying to figure it out. He was such a huge inspiration, to myself and countless others.

Thanks to the AS community for posting about the podcast, else I would've missed it. I couldn't help but shed a tear during the tribute. What an incredible soul, taken far, far too soon.

EDIT: Then I saw this pic on twitter.

Spoiler for Size & Sadness:
As RT requested, I'll try to express myself creatively. It was hard to write it out in some parts but I managed to get through it. The preceding picture inspired the following.

~*~

No... he can't leave yet... Not yet. We were just getting started!! We had the entire world to look forward to with him him...! We had so much to do, so much to say...! We had so many things planned out for both of us! This is so unfair...!

Even now, I can't believe it... I don't want to believe it. The very reason that I exist is now... leaving me - forever. This sadness - I can't even breathe anymore. This can't be happening... Not to us...

There's no one to blame... no excuses, no pointing fingers. He's really dead and... I feel so cold... Learning that the one who got you were you are today is no longer with you... Damn it... tears hurt so much...

... I can't say anything. I mean, what can I say...? There's still so much... so much... and I can't even think of one thing to say. The way he squeezes Yang's shoulders, telling her to watch out for us and also herself... He kisses Weiss's hand, telling her that she'll grow into both a great Huntress and a woman... He takes Blake's bow off and hugs her - she's crying so hard... I am too... I didn't even realize he had hugged me but I hugged him right back. I'm sure we've made his suit soggy but he doesn't care - he just has that sad smile on his face... It hurts so much to look at it...

"You girls will be fine," he says. "There are a ton of other people who will look after you and help you grow up into fine adults. They'll do so much more for you than even I ever could."

"Even if we had the entire world, they can't equal you," Yang sniffed, rubbing her arm against her eyes. "No one will ever equal you."

"Thanks Yang," he smiled, "But one day someone will surpass me. It's how life works. I'm not going to stop someone else from achieving what they want to."

"But... but this is too soon! We've only just begun and now you're...!" Weiss looked angry but they all knew why.

"Yeah....this is definitely a bummer. Now you know why I rushed so much to get stuff done," gave a dry chuckle. Only Ruby and Yang tried to laugh while Blake gave a knowing smile. Weiss however...

"This isn't funny," she shouted, her voice cracking. "Don't you realize just how important you are!? Don't you understand just how much you mean to so many people!? Don't you ... *sniff* don't you care what you mean to us...??"

"I know, Weiss, I know. I'm sorry," he winced like someone who tried to lighten the mood but failed.

"Don't be...!" She beat her fist against him even as she stood there and cried even as he patted her back soothingly. He didn't even blink when he felt Blake nuzzle her face against his left shoulder.

"We still haven't shown you what we can do - what we're truly capable of."

"I know better than anyone what you are capable of, Blake," he told her. "It sucks that I won't get to see it but this just means that you also have the chance to completely surpass what I had originally thought and planned for you guys. Every time I see you, you blow my mind, and I'm proud of each of you. I'm not the one who needs convincing - everyone else does. So, go knock their socks off."

"We will," Blake nodded, her tears falling faster. "We will...!"

Slowly, Weiss and Blake pulled themselves away, leaving him to face Ruby. The girl had her entire heart on her sleeve and it was plain to see that it was breaking. She just wrapped her arms around his waist and held him while muttering, "Don't go, please don't go," over and over like a mantra.

Yang felt her heart breaking yet again for her little sister as she saw the two of them standing there. She meant so much for him and he for her. He envisioned her and she held such adoration and love for him, very much like a father and daughter - heck, all of them were his daughters. And they all loved him too. But Ruby was special... She was his first - his baby. And that is something that no one can really understand...

He gently pried her arms from around him and knelt down before her. "Ruby, you'll be fine. It will hurt now, but the pain will fade eventually. It has too, or you won't grow. And I want you to grow into the beautiful women I meant for you to become."

"I wanted you to see it... I wanted you to see how we would turn out... I just wanted to grow up so that you'll be proud of me..."

"Silly Red, I'm so incredibly proud of you already. Look at how much we did together in just two years. You'll keep going and become even greater. You have everyone to help you."

Ruby just looked up at him, tears freely falling down her face. "I... I know..." The other three made their way to him and he embraced them all and they him.

He lowered his head and whispered to them: "Just keep moving forward - always. Nothing really happens when you stand still for long. Don't ever stop trying - don't ever stop believing in what you can do. You girls can do anything - believe me, I know."

And just like that... he was gone... leaving them hugging onto each other, still weeping.

"He's right you know," Yang spoke finally, her mouth and throat dry. "We can't let it end like this."

"Even if we didn't want it to end, how will we continue on without him...?" Weiss tried to wipe her eyes. "He did so much..."

"He left us a legacy, one that we should definitely try to live up to," Blake spoke. "Even if it hurts to try and fill the void he's leaving behind..."

"I don't want someone else, I want Monty," Ruby murmured bitterly. "I...I just..."

"I know little sis," Yang spoke as tenderly as she could. "We'll all miss him - forever. But we still need to move forward. His dream for us - it's too big to end it here. Let's keep moving in the direction he wanted us to go - forward."

Ruby just nodded. "I'll...try."

"We'll help you," Blake told her, putting a hand on Ruby's shoulder.

"We need the help too," Weiss admitted. "We'll continue doing like we've always done before - helping each other, right, Leader?"

"Y-yeah. We will." Ruby turned her eyes upward. "Because, he'll be watching over us. Let's not disappoint him." She pulled out Crescent Rose, activating the change sequence into a scythe and slammed the blade into the ground. "We'll keep moving forward, Monty - somehow.

~*~

I know that Rooster Teeth has been dealt a heavy blow but let's try and support them through this as well - as much as we can.
Old 2015-02-07, 23:27   Link #2566
ibby

I managed to win an auction for the rwby volume 1 japanese artbook, and I would like to make a scan torrent of it, is there a website that tells one how to make and upload torrents? Sorry if this message is in the wrong section, but since Monty Oum died I thought that I could at least share the love that the fans have for rwby, by sharing something with the community. Any help is greatly appreciated in my request.
ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 23:49   Link #2567
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

That's not something we're allowed to help with, sorry. You'll have to Google that.

A bummer about Monty.
Old 2015-02-11, 00:50   Link #2568
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

For anyone interested in a fan made what if story, 'Henceforward' is a pretty good work in progress. I like the art, and the older versions of the characters look pretty cool.
Old 2015-02-11, 02:37   Link #2569
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibby View Post
I managed to win an auction for the rwby volume 1 japanese artbook, and I would like to make a scan torrent of it, is there a website that tells one how to make and upload torrents? Sorry if this message is in the wrong section, but since Monty Oum died I thought that I could at least share the love that the fans have for rwby, by sharing something with the community. Any help is greatly appreciated in my request.
Kudos on getting the artbook.
I wish it was available on Amazon or something.
Old 2015-02-11, 16:28   Link #2570
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
For anyone interested in a fan made what if story, 'Henceforward' is a pretty good work in progress. I like the art, and the older versions of the characters look pretty cool.
Shame it's Yuri...and it makes things way too dark for my liking.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 16:39   Link #2571
QSTraderDG86

I just wonder how much RWBY is going to nosedive at this point. The plot/characters/story is nothing amazing. Nothing that hasn't been done elsewhere--but the fight scenes were amazing. Now that Monty got hired away by the people upstairs, what is RWBY's saving grace going to be?
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 17:39   Link #2572
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Shame it's Yuri...and it makes things way too dark for my liking.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting them to go for that route. I kinda like the dramatic tone shift. A little too heavy at times, but I kinda dig it.
Old 2015-02-11, 18:25   Link #2573
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post
I just wonder how much RWBY is going to nosedive at this point. The plot/characters/story is nothing amazing. Nothing that hasn't been done elsewhere--but the fight scenes were amazing. Now that Monty got hired away by the people upstairs, what is RWBY's saving grace going to be?
I would have a bit more faith in Monty Oum's coworkers. They ARE Monty Oum's coworkers, after all.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 18:36   Link #2574
QSTraderDG86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I would have a bit more faith in Monty Oum's coworkers. They ARE Monty Oum's coworkers, after all.
Trust me, I'd like to. But effectively, the way I see it is this:

Replace Monty Oum with Bruce Lee, and repeat your statement.

I feel that Monty was a once-in-a-generation talent, and the main draw to shows he worked on were elements that he uniquely alone could bring.

I'd be over the moon if there were some animation equivalents of Jackie Chan and Jet Li to Monty's Bruce Lee. But so far, I have yet to see any such person. Anyone know of someone with comparable talent to the inimitable late great Mr. Oum?
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 21:15   Link #2575
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The only way I can see them continuing RWBY is as a tribute to Monty, but it would be very difficult to capture the magic of RWBY without him, I think.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 05:28   Link #2576
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post
Replace Monty Oum with Bruce Lee, and repeat your statement.
One is an artist, the other is an action movie actor. You're comparing apples to rocketships.

I'm getting the impression that you people seem to think Oum made RWBY all by himself. Or that the character rigs and story plans he made (together with his coworkers) somehow disappeared into thin air when he died.
Old 2015-02-12, 07:14   Link #2577
Tenzen12

Actually I don't think it's that bad parable, after all it was Montype responsible for choreography...
Old 2015-02-12, 08:05   Link #2578
sikvod00

Sheena Duquette Oum has a very beautiful and touching (how could it not be?) story on her life and marriage to Monty. Please read: http://www.sheenaduquette.com/person...oving-forward/
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 10:03   Link #2579
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
One is an artist, the other is an action movie actor. You're comparing apples to rocketships.

I'm getting the impression that you people seem to think Oum made RWBY all by himself. Or that the character rigs and story plans he made (together with his coworkers) somehow disappeared into thin air when he died.
It was his idea, his project. He may have not made it by himself, but I'm pretty sure that the majority comes from Monty.

Not to mention that the character rigs and story plans may still be there, but the other guys won't be able to express things the way Monty did or envisioned how it would go.
Old 2015-02-12, 10:38   Link #2580
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

And suddenly it becomes the worst thing ever? You don't even know what their plans are, let alone what the end product is going to be like (if there even is one).

Talk about premature conclusions.

"Oh my god the original creator is no longer around. Everything from then on will be different from what the original creator intended and therefore it will be so bad that everyone who gazes upon it promptly turns to ash."

Is it REALLY that weird to not be very fond of that kind of thinking?

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby