AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-19, 00:55   Link #781
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
1. Sakura's dolls can turn people into Kampfer.
2. Only girl can turn into Kampfer, in case of boys they turn into girl.
3. Sakura give a doll to (male) Natsuru, knowing #1 and #2

... Just what kind of person is Sakura...? She's as creepy as typical dominatrices in certain kind of NSFW fictions.
There is more proof that Sakura doesnt know then that she does.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 01:18   Link #782
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
uh... hello?, those are NOT mine but somebody else's on the web & i just happen to found the pic, so i just posted here anyways
got it, thanks for posting the pic anyway. the only problem now is to find them.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 01:22   Link #783
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
1. Sakura's dolls can turn people into Kampfer.
2. Only girl can turn into Kampfer, in case of boys they turn into girl.
3. Sakura give a doll to (male) Natsuru, knowing #1 and #2

... Just what kind of person is Sakura...? She's as creepy as typical dominatrices in certain kind of NSFW fictions.
Answer is in the Kampfer manga/light novel Thread.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 01:42   Link #784
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Spoiler for psychology test:
Were this dolls released before Kampfer(anime) was released?

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 02:34   Link #785
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Episode 3 freebies~
I'll be taking this one!

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 02:40   Link #786
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 3 was hilarious. see this is what happens when you have gender segregated schools, I guess. For some reason, even though she has purple hair, the newspaper girl, reminded me of Tsuruya a little bit. I liked the Samara looking goth girl, she was hilarious. I don't recall it being said that they were living together, just that they were dating, or maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.
Old 2009-10-19, 07:22   Link #787
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
see this is what happens when you have gender segregated schools, I guess.
It seems segregated schools make every single girl a lesbian. Either that or every single girl in the girls' side was spurned by a guy one time. As a guy, I certainly wouldn't want to go to that school. Even if I saw the girls, they wouldn't want anything to do with me.
Old 2009-10-19, 07:30   Link #788
xKeen

I think they should stop showing the whole transformation thing.And in ep 3,hell funny when they called out the VA's name.
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 07:46   Link #789
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Spoiler for Gundam parody:
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 07:49   Link #790
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
It seems segregated schools make every single girl a lesbian. Either that or every single girl in the girls' side was spurned by a guy one time. As a guy, I certainly wouldn't want to go to that school. Even if I saw the girls, they wouldn't want anything to do with me.
Isnt this bad instead for the students?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 08:24   Link #791
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler for Gundam parody:
Brilliant.
Old 2009-10-19, 08:29   Link #792
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
It seems segregated schools make every single girl a lesbian.
That seems to be a common theme in anime, yeah.

Strawberry Panic, and Mai Otome, had that idea behind it as well.

There's some rationale to it, I suppose. Especially when the enforcement of the segregation is as severe as what we see in this anime.

Perhaps one reason why the girls go crazy for female Natsuru, though, is that she's notably taller than all of the other girls. She's as tall as a guy. So... maybe it's a case where these girls are longing for a guy, and due to female Natsuru's height and overall frame, she acts as a good stand-in for a guy.

Although, in Sakura's case, it's obvious that she's a lesbian.
Old 2009-10-19, 08:41   Link #793
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Perhaps one reason why the girls go crazy for female Natsuru, though, is that she's notably taller than all of the other girls. She's as tall as a guy. So... maybe it's a case where these girls are longing for a guy, and due to female Natsuru's height and overall frame, she acts as a good stand-in for a guy.
That leaves me thinking hypothetically if the male Natsuru were allowed in the girls' side, would the girls be all over him? If any other guy were allowed on the girls' side? I wouldn't think so. I don't know what happened to these girls, but I just get the feeling that something happened to them to stop them from loving guys. It could be seeing the males on the other side, it could be the school itself. Or maybe almost every single girl there was already a lesbian before they entered the school.
Old 2009-10-19, 08:59   Link #794
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
That leaves me thinking hypothetically if the male Natsuru were allowed in the girls' side, would the girls be all over him? If any other guy were allowed on the girls' side? I wouldn't think so. I don't know what happened to these girls, but I just get the feeling that something happened to them to stop them from loving guys. It could be seeing the males on the other side, it could be the school itself. Or maybe almost every single girl there was already a lesbian before they entered the school.
Well... my "stand-in for a guy" comment is based on what we know about how gender segregation in prisons can affect inmate sexual behavior. Cut off from contact with females for a very long time results in many guys in prison having sex with other guys - not because they were homosexual to begin with, but because they still have sexual longings and the only option for filling them are other guys.

It's a popular running joke that when a guy with feminine features goes to prison that he's, well, likely to be getting a lot of attention...

So, I'm just speculating that maybe we're seeing the same thing here, only in reverse... with the tall and broad Natsuru acting as a stand-in for a guy.

Just trying to explain the background to my ideas here.
Old 2009-10-19, 09:07   Link #795
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
I think they should stop showing the whole transformation thing.And in ep 3,hell funny when they called out the VA's name.
agreed, they should stop showing it but look at the trends in previous anime. various nanoha anime, rosario+vampire, sailor moon and any other magical girl fighting anime, they never stop showing the annoying transformation scene. just be glad it isnt ridiculously long in kampher.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 09:22   Link #796
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I've read somewhere that the segregated school thing is because some school administrators feel that co-mingling the sexes decreases academic achievement...

...in other words, the school administrators didn't get any so why should the students?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 09:24   Link #797
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
agreed, they should stop showing it but look at the trends in previous anime. various nanoha anime, rosario+vampire, sailor moon and any other magical girl fighting anime, they never stop showing the annoying transformation scene. just be glad it isnt ridiculously long in kampher.
uh, hello?, its not like only the magical girl shows have loooong over-dramatic & silly looking, yet annoying transformation scenes

heck, the MANLY transformation scenes also sometimes gave out the same results over & over again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkYKYR1R1A0
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 09:50   Link #798
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Interesting show so far, I didn't expect it to turn into a school yuri comedy show so it was a bit surprising. I have to admit Natsuru as a girl does look cool as she looks tall and very athletic body.
Old 2009-10-19, 09:56   Link #799
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I've read somewhere that the segregated school thing is because some school administrators feel that co-mingling the sexes decreases academic achievement...

...in other words, the school administrators didn't get any so why should the students?
You know... this is a serious issue, and they do have a point. I've read studies on school performance that indicate that gender segregation does improve academic achievement for both genders. The rationale given for this is that the ideal learning environment, and teaching methods, for males and females is different... and that rationale is true. I've read a lot of material on it. Boys, for example, learn better from visual object lessons and direct use. Girls are generally better at pure reading material.

Now, there's obvious sociological issues arising from gender segregated schools... but this isn't a black-and-white issue.
Old 2009-10-19, 10:26   Link #800
Wrath88
Kissing...

Possible reason why the girls are all over 'her':
Spoiler:

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen