AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 151 62.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 21.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 9.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 3.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.41%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.41%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.83%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-13, 09:20   Link #601
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta Gundam View Post
The irony,as he says this with a picture of Kira Yamato

On another note,Kyrios has been sorely missed as of recently
Yay, someone else missed Kyrios besides me!
Old 2008-03-13, 09:48   Link #602
Sides

Didn't anyone notice that in this episode some material was reused, scene with the GN-X in circle formation, taking out the Fangs. I think it was the first time in gundam 00 that material was recycled, in a way that it was noticable. I hope that later episodes won't follow this trend, or else we end up with crap like GSD.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 10:12   Link #603
Zeta Gundam

1 Noticeable time out out of 22 episodes isn't too bad.

It would be almost an impossibility for 00 to use as much stock footage as GSD did(Dragoon Repaints,Strike/Impulse swaps,That scene where Impulse swings down with its Anti Ship Sword,the Akatsuki reflecting the Positron Cannon,and other's that I haven't named or have forgotten about).

Quite a bit of ways to go before it gets to that point.

Quote:
Yay, someone else missed Kyrios besides me!
Yeah,that one is definitely a fave of mine.Especially its claw torture weapon
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 10:47   Link #604
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

On another note,Kyrios has been sorely missed as of recently
Actually if I recall, Obi-Wan is of the Seed is great, every other Gundam series sucks camp so it makes sense. This wouldn't be the first time he's (she?) tried to start a flamewar on those grounds.

Anyway, Trans-Am doesn't seem like an upgrade so much as a Limiter Off mode. The Exia probably had a limiter placed on the full potential of it's real GN Drive so that if Setsuna didn't turn out to be the type of pilot Aeolia was looking for then Exia wouldn't be as difficult to take down with Nadleeh's Trial System. Now that Aeolia thinks Setsuna is trustworthy he has removed the limiter to save his life. Whether it's permenantly off I'm not sure.

Expect a blog review from me up sometime today folks. I have to go for one of them Job Interviews and then I'll get crackin'.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 10:56   Link #605
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Whoa there, bucko. You can knock him for starting a flame war but not for liking Kira. Dissing CE just to do so makes you every bit of the fanboy you're implying him to be.

Now me, I like CE, UC, and AU.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 11:05   Link #606
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Didn't anyone notice that in this episode some material was reused, scene with the GN-X in circle formation, taking out the Fangs. I think it was the first time in gundam 00 that material was recycled, in a way that it was noticable. I hope that later episodes won't follow this trend, or else we end up with crap like GSD.
How many different ways are there to show the GN-X's doing that circular rotation?

I mean with those it's just there I don't see it being detrimental to the entire series.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 11:17   Link #607
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
How many different ways are there to show the GN-X's doing that circular rotation?

I mean with those it's just there I don't see it being detrimental to the entire series.
^^, dude no need to be pissed. I just hope they didn't do it it just to save some cash. The thing is if no one notice it and no one points it out or cares about it, some clever people might think that the viewers don't really care about re-usage of certain scences. That was bascially happend to GSD, imo. Everyone were shouting "look cool gundam with super moves", but the animation was the same in every episode. Personally i think gundam 00 is a high quality anime, i just don't want it to go downhill, if you know what i mean.
Old 2008-03-13, 11:22   Link #608
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
^^, dude no need to be pissed. I just hope they didn't do it it just to save some cash. The thing is if no one notice it and no one points it out or cares about it, some clever people might think that the viewers don't really care about re-usage of certain scences. That was bascially happend to GSD, imo. Everyone were shouting "look cool gundam with super moves", but the animation was the same in every episode. Personally i think gundam 00 is a high quality anime, i just don't want it to go downhill, if you know what i mean.
Dude it was a simple question I wasn't being angry or anything.

And you seem to be missing the point, there are some scenes which are simply reused because it fits it or there's no need to.

With the GN-X's, that formation will only be used against the Fangs...so who else is there to use it against? Surely Zwei won't be fighting them. Or when someone launches, you don't need to make a new scene.

GSD just went to the point that it was again, again, and again.

With 00 most of the battles are different enough that they require various scenes.

And if your that nitpicking they reused the scene where the Artillery Tieren fires a round in the desert battle from Ceylon island but again, how many different ways are there to show that?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 11:35   Link #609
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
And you seem to be missing the point, there are some scenes which are simply reused because it fits it or there's no need to.

With the GN-X's, that formation will only be used against the Fangs...so who else is there to use it against? Surely Zwei won't be fighting them. Or when someone launches, you don't need to make a new scene.

GSD just went to the point that it was again, again, and again.

With 00 most of the battles are different enough that they require various scenes.

And if your that nitpicking they reused the scene where the Artillery Tieren fires a round in the desert battle from Ceylon island but again, how many different ways are there to show that?
I reckon, but that GN-X scene kind of stood out. Maybe because it was cut in such a way that the scence was repeated in such a short interval.
The scence with the Artillery Tieren, i never noticed, because i don't have a good memory.
Old 2008-03-13, 11:58   Link #610
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Some clever people:"Hey, they don't remember the usage of stock footage! Let's go save money!
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 12:14   Link #611
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossa View Post
When building a superweapon, layering it with one backup after another seems as a more likely plan than popping out a new Gundam mid-season.
The main problem is that it's kept as a secret from the pilots and other leaders as well.

Quote:
If the suit falls into enemy hands, having a very good security system in the first place is a better idea than obliterating the suit. Thus the biometrics + retina scan + voice activation process of recognition in 00; the problem lies only within how the operation and security systems are all entrusted to Veda.
The problem here is that the danger doesn't come from an intruder using a Gundam, it's that the danger is the technology of a Gundam falls into the hands of a power bloc. No amount of pilot verification is going to help with that.

Quote:
Perhaps what bugs viewers is how the Meisters are relying constantly on superior technology to obtain victory. However, take into account the experience the pilots are gaining while the ace pilots catch up in technology;
I can't speak for anyone else, but my issue is that I want to see heroes win through their cleverness. So far in Gundam 00, all of the cleverness has been on the part of the their enemies, so it's hard to be sold on the show.

Quote:
That's the problem with how many viewers are watching Gundam; their eyes are glued to the scenes for plotholes, and consequently they fail to see the actual themes and symbols, lose their objectivity, and complain about the story and characters when they haven't 'read' either properly. Yes, presentation is important—but how can a person pick so terribly at the slightest detail in one series and act ignorant in another?

We all have the ability to suspend disbelief. We all also have the ability to watch indiscriminately and for the sake of entertainment and not argument. Or is it impossible for the next three episodes?
Different shows call for different responses. If this were something like Rosario to Vampire, then it'd truely be pointless to criticize certain elements of the show, but Gundam 00 is purposefully open in these areas because of what the creators are trying to portray.

This is a discussion forum, not an appreciation thread where unpopular opinions are considered unwelcome, so it's unrealistic to expect any episode to go uncriticized. Besides, it'd be awfully boring to see a discussion thread where everyone expresses a uniform opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Anyway, Trans-Am doesn't seem like an upgrade so much as a Limiter Off mode. The Exia probably had a limiter placed on the full potential of it's real GN Drive so that if Setsuna didn't turn out to be the type of pilot Aeolia was looking for then Exia wouldn't be as difficult to take down with Nadleeh's Trial System. Now that Aeolia thinks Setsuna is trustworthy he has removed the limiter to save his life. Whether it's permenantly off I'm not sure.
Aeolia probably never even knew that Setsuna existed. All that the program he had in place would register is that something untoward had happened, and that Celestial Being was compromised. And so, he simply entrusted that the current users of the Gundams would use them the way Aeolia intended they be used. It's likely that all the failsafe does is to set off all GN drives to Trans Am mode.
Old 2008-03-13, 13:00   Link #612
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Aeolia probably never even knew that Setsuna existed. All that the program he had in place would register is that something untoward had happened, and that Celestial Being was compromised. And so, he simply entrusted that the current users of the Gundams would use them the way Aeolia intended they be used. It's likely that all the failsafe does is to set off all GN drives to Trans Am mode.
Which, ironically, could lead to all sorts of "interesting" situations, and I'm not just talking about the O gundam.

Imagine, if you will, what would have happened had Graham, sitting in a captured Gundam, been in the seat at just the right time?

"Graham Special!"
Old 2008-03-13, 13:28   Link #613
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Whoa there, bucko. You can knock him for starting a flame war but not for liking Kira. Dissing CE just to do so makes you every bit of the fanboy you're implying him to be.

Now me, I like CE, UC, and AU.
And???

I never claimed to be a UC Elitist which is what it seems you are trying to make me out to be.I never said all of CE sucked.

I made a simple analogy.Since he can insult everybody by saying that the show is no more than AIDS,and anybody else that thinks otherwise is ignorant to what happens in Gundam,I should be able to criticize Kira as being a bland character in Seed Destiny.

Believe it or not,you can dislike a character and not be totally blinded to other positives that doesn't revolve around your subjective opinion of what you may not like.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 16:21   Link #614
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^LOL, the race for upgrades huh? Well if your comparing it to GSD's downfall I'd say the minute Exia gets 5 jet-packs, slicers on it's feet, aimbot, ASS-Swords, grappling-hooks, Beam-boomerangs, Dragoons, Wings of Light, Shining Fingers, Positron-Cannons in it's belly , Bounceback Beam Coating, and Mirage Colloid invisibility during fighting, then I MIGHT agree with you...

Sorry, but I don't see 00 anywhere close to destroying it's entire anime universe with it's upgrades like CE did...As I've just stated it appears Mizushima likes to introduce new elements with a hypeness Soopa-Robos essence and after that he settles it down and portrays them in a more Real-Robos fashion...
LOL, sorry for offending you by comparing the great awesome 00 to absolute trash like GSD. Sheesh.

---

To me, 00 is a decent show. It lacks the focus on the main characters I'd expect from a Gundam series, but it has its strong points. One of those is the visual thing. The reused GN-X fotage in ep 22 was actually the first one I've noticed so far, so I really don't see the reason to make all the fuss. It indeed is much better than during the times of ol' CE episodes with dozens of reused mecha animations.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 17:22   Link #615
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
LOL, sorry for offending you by comparing the great awesome 00 to absolute trash like GSD. Sheesh.

---

To me, 00 is a decent show. It lacks the focus on the main characters I'd expect from a Gundam series, but it has its strong points. One of those is the visual thing. The reused GN-X fotage in ep 22 was actually the first one I've noticed so far, so I really don't see the reason to make all the fuss. It indeed is much better than during the times of ol' CE episodes with dozens of reused mecha animations.
No offence, just putting in perspective the claim that some may have about 00 upgrades going down a similiar path as CE...F-91 did 10 times the amount of after-imaging that Exia did, all while dodging a trillion non-stop beam blasts from a mobile armor that looked like a world-class vessel from Star Wars or something...And that was UC Gundam...When you put it in context, while it was l33t, it ain't so l33t that it's skewed the playing field beyond compare...

@Obi-Wan

Hornets (Gundam 00-Hawt new kids on the block) vs. The Spurs (CE, Old and Tired)^^...

That's kinda an inside joke so just ignore that folks...
Old 2008-03-13, 17:36   Link #616
wtfftw

lol reusage ftw

anyway i think trans was lame cuz with that sudden super upgrade setsuna didnt kill of ali its like what extra upgrade does he need
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 17:46   Link #617
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Alright, Gundam 00 Episode 22 is up.

I've already discussed this episode a lot in the thread so I don't have a whole lot left to say that I haven't already. Next week I have a feeling we'll see the GN-ARMS.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 18:01   Link #618
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Which, ironically, could lead to all sorts of "interesting" situations, and I'm not just talking about the O gundam.

Imagine, if you will, what would have happened had Graham, sitting in a captured Gundam, been in the seat at just the right time?

"Graham Special!"
It's more risky than that. If Celestial Being had been compromised to the point of some intruder penetrating Aeolia's hidey-hole, there's a decent chance that the perpetrator is also in control of the Gundams. It looks as if the whole setup is a matter of faith that just happened to work out properly (for the time being).

Off-topic:
Quote:
I made a simple analogy.Since he can insult everybody by saying that the show is no more than AIDS,and anybody else that thinks otherwise is ignorant to what happens in Gundam,I should be able to criticize Kira as being a bland character in Seed Destiny.
There's nothing wrong with criticizing Kira's character, but please don't use Obi-Wan's post as an excuse for this or any other action - it's already been deleted.
Old 2008-03-13, 19:19   Link #619
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It's more risky than that. If Celestial Being had been compromised to the point of some intruder penetrating Aeolia's hidey-hole, there's a decent chance that the perpetrator is also in control of the Gundams. It looks as if the whole setup is a matter of faith that just happened to work out properly (for the time being).
Very much so, which I didn't really indicate in my post. I was thinking of the nations, though.

After all, can you imagine if one of the Powers had gotten the Gundams, breached Aeolia's lair, and then had 4 Trans-am systems? Aeolia's dream of a unified world peace would occur, alright: a world order brought about by war and conquest by a single power.
Old 2008-03-13, 19:20   Link #620
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

@Obi-Wan

Hornets (Gundam 00-Hawt new kids on the block) vs. The Spurs (CE, Old and Tired)^^...

That's kinda an inside joke so just ignore that folks...
I wasn't even saying it's worse than CE. Seriously, the show comes in doing close to the same thing Kira and Friends did in GSD (and that everyone hated them for, mind you), which is trying to stop war with one ship and a few Gundams. So why does 00 get a free pass? Because it's not Jesus Yamato and Moses Zala that are the ones doing it? Celestial Being shows up and says to the world, if you're going to engage in war, we're going to blow you up. How is that any different from Cagalli showing up in front of Orb before a battle and telling them to go back, and then sending Kira out to shut everyone down? I guess the only real difference is that Celestial Being kills people, and Kira didn't. It's quite close to being the exact same thing that happened in CE, but wingdarkness doesn't hate it because the Godh4x Gundams aren't doing it, so it gets his stamp of approval. Whatever. I didn't understand why Bush was elected a second time either.

And then you have the enormous amount of weak characters. Yes, Setsuna was a little boy who was forced into war and now he wants to stop other little boys from going through what he did. But all that's turned into is him saying "I am Gundam" a million times. He's had no real development other than his talks with Marina which tell us nothing more than his reason for fighting, and then the time when Lockon pulled a gun on him and he had to explain his past. But I want to know what characters are thinking, something a little more than a kid saying "I am Gundam" and then rushing off to fight some baddies. This show has failed in the character development department at the most epic of levels. Don't get me started on how the Gundams were stuck in the desert getting blasted for lol, nine hours until the Throne Gundams showed up to save them.

This show hasn't built a whole lot on its plot, and I know it's not even halfway done, but by the halfway point of other Gundam shows, there was more buildup than 00 has had. 00 has nice animation, but thinner characters than CE had. Wake me up when the show starts going somewhere.