AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-01-11, 15:08   Link #1481
redshi
MANGA AND TV EXPERT
*Artist

I just started reading this manga like two days ago and I'm already hooked
redshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 18:13   Link #1482
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That and they're already an unofficial "couple" XD

I could already see him and Kenichi being brother in-laws in the future. If the mother is of any indication. Honoka is gonna be hot once she hits H.S and above.
It is said that the daughter inherits more trait from the father and the son inherits from the mother.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 08:16   Link #1483
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
It is said that the daughter inherits more trait from the father and the son inherits from the mother.
lol, bat-kun, you just painted an ugly picture for my mind
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 08:43   Link #1484
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Its what you call, heresay. Not scientific fact. If you want to know, half of a child's genetical make up are from their parents ( 1/4 from each parent ) and the other half is completely new genes.

Me and my older sister took after our dad more. While my older brother and younger sister took after my mother more.

Anyway, Honoka already pretty much look like her mom with shorter hair. If she looked like her dad, then I'll agree. But as you know fiction hardly follows the laws of nature. Like brothers and sisters, one have black hair and the other having bright green hair or something.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 09:10   Link #1485
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

I'd hate it if Natsu got paired up with Honoka even if it's something that'll happen in the far future. Their relationship is like the one Kenichi is trying to have with Chikage i.e. the sibling sort. Now it's possible Honoka may be attracted to Natsu but personally I doubt she wants anything more than to beat him on Othello and get spoiled by forcing him to take her places and buy her things she normally couldn't go to or have
Old 2009-01-12, 09:27   Link #1486
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
I'd hate it if Natsu got paired up with Honoka even if it's something that'll happen in the far future. Their relationship is like the one Kenichi is trying to have with Chikage i.e. the sibling sort. Now it's possible Honoka may be attracted to Natsu but personally I doubt she wants anything more than to beat him on Othello and get spoiled by forcing him to take her places and buy her things she normally couldn't go to or have
Yeah agreed, NatsuXHonoka is a no no. Also too Honoka her brother Kenichi comes before anything.

So as you may guess too Honoka Natsu is a idol looking guy and a guy she can beat to get stuff.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 11:55   Link #1487
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Quote:
Are you saying that he's a pedophile?

It is not uncommon in Japan for a child Honoka's age to be promised to an older man, upon her coming of age, of course. If she took him to her house, I bet her parents would treat it like am omai.
Baka Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 11:59   Link #1488
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Yeah agreed, NatsuXHonoka is a no no. Also too Honoka her brother Kenichi comes before anything.

So as you may guess too Honoka Natsu is a idol looking guy and a guy she can beat to get stuff.
Personally I'd like Natsu to attain an interest in Renka when he sees her fighting. Both of them use derivatives of the Ma Family Style Kenpo so either seeing the other fight would be enough for them to take some interest in the other at least as a martial artist. Renka seems intent on beating her Uncle in order to absolve the family name so if she saw Natsu using his style she'd likely guess at who his master is and take an interest in him. From this starting point it's fairly easy to create a romance which could be used as the means to bringing the two estranged brothers together again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
Are you saying that he's a pedophile?

It is not uncommon in Japan for a child Honoka's age to be promised to an older man, upon her coming of age, of course. If she took him to her house, I bet her parents would treat it like am omai.
I'm saying he see's her as a sister and no matter how attractive she may get as she ages his perception of her is unlikely to change.

I'm aware of that custom but nobody has promised Honoka to Natsu so I fail to see how it's relevant. In addition I doubt Kenichi's parents [at least his mother] would force Natsu to take her as his wife though her father might summon Sebastian to avenge her honour if Natsu shows his usual disinterest.
Old 2009-01-12, 14:00   Link #1489
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Personally I'd like Natsu to attain an interest in Renka when he sees her fighting. Both of them use derivatives of the Ma Family Style Kenpo so either seeing the other fight would be enough for them to take some interest in the other at least as a martial artist. Renka seems intent on beating her Uncle in order to absolve the family name so if she saw Natsu using his style she'd likely guess at who his master is and take an interest in him. From this starting point it's fairly easy to create a romance which could be used as the means to bringing the two estranged brothers together again.
Interesting idea, but on the contrary it may end up like Akisame and Shiba, LOL. More likely to happen since sibling rivalry never goes away
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 14:39   Link #1490
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Quote:

I'm saying he see's her as a sister and no matter how attractive she may get as she ages his perception of her is unlikely to change.

I'm aware of that custom but nobody has promised Honoka to Natsu so I fail to see how it's relevant. In addition I doubt Kenichi's parents [at least his mother] would force Natsu to take her as his wife though her father might summon Sebastian to avenge her honour if Natsu shows his usual disinterest.
I am just saying its not impossible for this to be a pairing. Perceptions can be changed and if we have learned anything about the females in this series its that things are not always as they seem.
Old 2009-01-12, 16:55   Link #1491
Baka Ronin

What if Shigure was washing Kenichi's back in the bath (obviously to deeped the master-disciple relationship) and Miu walked in on it. would she:

a. freak out and attempt to murder kenichi, automatically blaming him
b. freak out and attempt to remove Shigure
c. scream like a little girl and run away because Kenichi has now seen her in only a towel, THEN get angry about them being there together.
Old 2009-01-12, 17:26   Link #1492
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
What if Shigure was washing Kenichi's back in the bath (obviously to deeped the master-disciple relationship) and Miu walked in on it. would she:

a. freak out and attempt to murder kenichi, automatically blaming him
b. freak out and attempt to remove Shigure
c. scream like a little girl and run away because Kenichi has now seen her in only a towel, THEN get angry about them being there together.
Well B could happen, but C is most likley too happen, also I figured i should say this for D...

D. Could be that Kenichi freaks out and tries to escape, but Shigure wont let that happen so easily.
Old 2009-01-12, 20:49   Link #1493
kujoe
from head to heel

You forgot E...

When C and D are happening simultaneously, Renka suddenly arrives and all hell breaks loose. Then, the Masters are all in another room rubbing their chins with Akisame finally proclaiming, "Just as planned!" Kenichi's threshold for fear and his hard-earned instincts will be put to a brand new test!
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 00:05   Link #1494
servidor

Quote:
As it was said above, it is an interesting idea, Tanimoto could be a worthy heir to the Ma family, but we don't know if the author sees that way too. And don't forget that Tanimoto is mostly a lone wolf, and Renka has only eyes to Kenichi.

On a second thought, Kensei wouldn't like Tanimoto's too serious attitude, but maybe Mama Ma would approve a handsome and rich son in law. I wonder whose parent would prevail.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 00:22   Link #1495
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

So much hate for Honoka, such a sad state of affairs. When HonokaxTanimoto is an obvious pairing.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 04:35   Link #1496
Tri-ring

Battle 320 is out titled "Determination to Win"(Sounds more like a Hajime no Ippo title)

Spoiler for Some highlight scenes:

Last edited by Tri-ring; 2009-01-13 at 04:52.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 05:10   Link #1497
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Quote:
I am just saying its not impossible for this to be a pairing. Perceptions can be changed and if we have learned anything about the females in this series its that things are not always as they seem.
When has a female ever shown us that things are not as they seem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
As it was said above, it is an interesting idea, Tanimoto could be a worthy heir to the Ma family, but we don't know if the author sees that way too. And don't forget that Tanimoto is mostly a lone wolf, and Renka has only eyes to Kenichi.

On a second thought, Kensei wouldn't like Tanimoto's too serious attitude, but maybe Mama Ma would approve a handsome and rich son in law. I wonder whose parent would prevail.
Renka seems far less possesive about Kenichi of late before she'd have freaked out that Kenichi got up at Miu's command but now it's just information. Compared to before she isn't pursuing him very seriousley
Old 2009-01-13, 05:30   Link #1498
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Battle 320 is out titled "Determination to Win"(Sounds more like a Hajime no Ippo title)

Spoiler for Some highlight scenes:
Lol looks like Takeda´s taunt worked on him.
Old 2009-01-13, 06:01   Link #1499
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

If it worked I'd expect Kenichi to be attacking rather than merely defending unless that last pic is Takeda reeeling from an attack
Old 2009-01-13, 06:05   Link #1500
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
If it worked I'd expect Kenichi to be attacking rather than merely defending unless that last pic is Takeda reeeling from an attack
Yeah, but since Takeda taunt worked against Kenichi, he should put on his teeth protectors, because when Kenichi gets SERIOUS in a fight its not funny.

I think Takeda wont be able to more for a month.

Tags
shounen