AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-01-14, 07:36   Link #121
Mr.Strategist
Gundam Meister

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Strategist Send a message via MSN to Mr.Strategist Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Strategist
the first Gundam thing i ever saw was Gundam Wing on toonami and i loved gundam ever since lol
Mr.Strategist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 08:28   Link #122
Kagekyuubi

My first gundam experience would be when I first built one for the very first time when I was seven. It was 1/100 G Falcon Unit Double X. My dad helped build part of the Gundam itself and then he let me build the G Falcon on my own. I loved playing with the thing so eventually limbs were rended.

Shame that it's no longer in production. I'd love to get it again for nostalgia's sake.
Kagekyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 10:16   Link #123
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I wish my first Gundam experience was G Gundam. Not that it makes a difference because the show is absolutely incredible, though it just would have been fun to say i started with the SRW's show.
Old 2009-01-14, 11:41   Link #124
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
I've accidently encounter gundam when I was in primary school.I've heard so much hype about gundam show that time.At first I thought it was another damn robot show.It all change when I see a teenager bought RX-78 Gundam kit,that moment I suddenly got interested about gundam.My first gunpla would be Aile Strike(destroyed) then I bought other such as Duel,Freedom,Impulse & the newest would be Astraea.

For show,I watch GSeed first before GWing,GSD & finally MSG 00.I've watch older show although not that frequently,have'nt got time.Maybe if I got extra money I'm gonna buy ZZ,Z & F91 DVD if there are any.
Old 2009-01-14, 11:53   Link #125
zalem

Gundam 0083 was my first experience many years ago. Don't ask me why I started with that one, it was a random choice from one of those shops that used to sell bootleg anime VHS tapes in chinatown. After that was Wing, Seed and then I went and started from the beginning. Now I'm watching 00. So I basically jumped around a lot and watched things out order as far as the UC stuff goes.
Old 2009-01-14, 13:15   Link #126
Shadow Kira01

Gundam Wing, I guess.

Originally, I thought Heero Yuy's actions were rather reckless or somewhat wrong. However, the fact is that Heero Yuy had his own reasons. He seems to be the base for Setsuna F. Seiei now in Gundam 00. Only differences would be their "Gundam" in which Setsuna's 00 is obviously much better and stronger.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 15:22   Link #127
Akuma_Blade
Last "Real Robot" Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Akuma_Blade
please forgive my weak english

---------------------

My first Gundam experience was Gundam Battle Assault (PSX) game at 12/2000

My first watched Gundams: Gundam 0079 , Zeta Gundam and ZZ Gundam (AnimeSkyScraper is my GREATEST LEGEND, i'll never forget them)

At 2002/2003, i was watch Gundam SEED

In 2003-2005, i was watch Gundam 08 MS Team, 0080, 0083 and CCA... At April/May 2005, before go to military, my last watched animes Gundam SEED DESTINY episode 26 and Gundam 0080 episode 6 (My only crying anime final = 0080 )

At 12/2006, i was return to military and watch other Gundam stuff in later

----------
Akuma_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 23:01   Link #128
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Gundam Wing on toonami and it was.... spectacular !!!
Old 2009-01-15, 00:12   Link #129
Daril Gukku

I first watched G Gundam...I remember wanting a Gundam horse to ride to school.

I borrowed the Endless Waltz manga from a friend and read it. Then I fell out of Gundam for a few years and started watching 00 when a friend told me to watch it now that Code Geass was over.

Last edited by Daril Gukku; 2009-01-15 at 00:12. Reason: forgot something
Daril Gukku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 00:17   Link #130
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Gundam Wing on toonami and it was.... spectacular !!!
Me too, especially when I was in my country IN Spanish [Dominican Republic] XD
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 12:41   Link #131
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

G Gundam was my first Gundam experience and Gundam Wing followed soon after.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 13:18   Link #132
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

After viewing Gundam Wing, years later, the UC shows started airing. I didn't watch them, but I did see the US MSIA figures in stores and was all like "WTF? What Gundams are these". So, I bought a few, got a acquainted with the UC shows, and became an even bigger fan.

My biggest Gundam craze was in 8th grade. Sad to say though, since the DREEEEADFUL G-Gundam was airing, I was made fun of at school for liking Gundam. When in fact, I was watching the UC shows instead.

No one believed me. Those pricks....
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 13:55   Link #133
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
My biggest Gundam craze was in 8th grade. Sad to say though, since the DREEEEADFUL G-Gundam was airing, I was made fun of at school for liking Gundam. When in fact, I was watching the UC shows instead.
I really don't understand the G Gundam hate. Are you people just not fans of the super robot genre or something?
Old 2009-01-15, 14:30   Link #134
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I am not a model buff but I had seen fair shar of Gundam. At first, I thought Gundam was boring especially with Gundam Wing airing on Toonami that featured pretty looking guys that pilot those machine but ironically I watched, Endless Waltz but I kind of slept through it. Later on, when I watched Adult Swim I saw Char's counterattack and it was good considering that I didn't watch 0080 but I did watch G Gundam on Cartoon Network however I didn't get a chance to finish it. A few years later when I moved to Ohio, I watched Gundam Seed just to see what the craze was all about and I admit it was pretty good and when I mmoved to another house in Ohio, I read the Seed Astray manga and currently watching 00 on Scifi.
Old 2009-01-15, 19:46   Link #135
Slick_rick

My first Gundam experience was most likely Char's Counterattack. This was a long time ago. I pretty certain I watched a bootleg VHS subtitled version. I was fairly young at the time too most likely 12 or 13. I can honestly say not knowing anything about the franchise at all at the time and just jumping right in with CCA at that age was an interesting experience. I quite literally am unable to re-watch that movie. I loved the UC ova's especially 0083 but avoided for years watching anything with Char in it due to that movie. I still can't like the guy at all.

I possibly could have watched Endless waltz before CCA cause I remember seeing that on VHS too but I'm fairly certain I was older when I watched that. Not that I remember much about that expect liking Relena and having no clue what was going on in it.
Old 2009-01-15, 20:01   Link #136
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I really don't understand the G Gundam hate. Are you people just not fans of the super robot genre or something?
No, I was just use to the whole Federation vs Zeon, or any other war type Gundam series. G-Gundam just didn't appeal to me.

But I do like the Grand Gundam, that I give props to.

Fuck, I need to find the MSIA to that.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 20:12   Link #137
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Hi Actually My First Gundam experience was Gundam Seed Federation VS ZAft Game for the PS2 bcoz i just like their character's VAs to me.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 03:48   Link #138
TobiaSR32
Jedi Familiar

Send a message via Yahoo to TobiaSR32
Gundam Wing was the first that I saw.
TobiaSR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 07:01   Link #139
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
No, I was just use to the whole Federation vs Zeon, or any other war type Gundam series. G-Gundam just didn't appeal to me.
That i can understand, though you calling G Gundam dreadful makes me think you have an actually opinion on the show that you're not mentioning. That's what i asked.
Old 2009-01-16, 09:48   Link #140
mike_s_6

I remember watching G Gundam, though I didn't finish it, and forgot if I watched it before Wing, or the other way around XD
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote