AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-17, 14:46   Link #221
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Same here. It's not like better animation will make it a good movie. It's how they'll handle the adaptation. The TV series had pretty good animation for the most part the thing was that Deen's adaptation was average, it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Now look at Ufotable's adaptation of Kara no Kyoukai, so much better in comparison, it's not just getting it's praise just for it's slick animation but for it's great adaptation of the novel. Hopefully Deen will do better job this time around but since it's a movie they'll have a limited amount of time to how much they can adapt UBW in movie form, which may turn out rather condensed.
But it is like I said before in this thread... I see the movie as more of a treat to already existant fans of Fate/Stay Night... We can't possibly ever expect 1 movie of a mere 2 hours to ever truly adapt the whole story of UBW. It can never surpass or equal the original telling of the "story." All this movie will do is provide the visuals for many of the treasured scenes in UBW, and that is all I have been excited for.

It is foolish to expect otherwise I think, and thus my expectations are already set lower than most though I am anticipating the movie a lot.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 14:49   Link #222
ZODDGUTS

True, which is why I'm lowering my expectations, hopefully it turns out decent.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 14:54   Link #223
Aqua Knight

Animation and music matter too and a lot. The simple plot with the latter can always turn out an eyecandy.
But movie can't grasp all the depth of Shirou's dreams and thoughts about the ideal so I, too, lower my hopes.

Last edited by Aqua Knight; 2009-08-17 at 15:29.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 15:20   Link #224
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Animation and music matter too and a lot. The simple plot with the latter can always turn out an eyecandy.
But movie can grasp all the depth of Shirou's dreams and thoughts about the ideal so I, too, lower my hopes.
Why so pessimistic? While I loved the UBW route, a lot of the crucial fighting scenes are littered with monologue that repeats the key thoughts two or three times for the sake of emphasizing the moment due to the nature of the visual novel medium. Now I'm not saying they'll definitely do it right, but it sure is plausible. I'd rather remain optimistic based on what little I've seen so far then try to make myself feel better by anti-jinxing the movie "break-a-leg" style and lowering my expectations so early.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 15:31   Link #225
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I have no doubt that the animation and art will be superb in this movie and the OST will probably be pretty good too (they had better keep the Emiya track goddamit).

Even if it's condensed, as long as they have a good balance of exposition, action, romance, and character interactions then I'll be fine. I still think they will end up doing multiple movies though.

Hell, as long as they animate Shirou vs. Archer and Shirou vs. Gilgamesh well then I'll be happy.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 15:46   Link #226
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I have no doubt that the animation and art will be superb in this movie and the OST will probably be pretty good too (they had better keep the Emiya track goddamit).
Indeed! If there is anything in F/SN universe that I would like to see and hear "live" and in full glory, it's the fights you've mentioned with that unbelievable track playing in the background.

Last edited by calorie; 2009-08-17 at 16:01.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 17:33   Link #227
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Yeah, I can't wait to hear Shirou's epic "HERE I COME KING OF HEROES, DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH SWORDS!?". I might die right there from gar overload. >.<
Old 2009-08-17, 19:55   Link #228
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Yeah, I can't wait to hear Shirou's epic "HERE I COME KING OF HEROES, DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH SWORDS!?". I might die right there from gar overload. >.<
Especially if Emiya is playing in the background.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 10:44   Link #229
Aqua Knight

What do you think end in the movie will be?
True or Good, though it doesn't really matter.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 11:44   Link #230
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Probably true, with Shirou leaving for the Mage's Association with Rin to practice magic.
Old 2009-08-21, 13:02   Link #231
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

According to Type-Moon Ace vol.3, Nasu Kinoko said the duration of the movie is 90 min.

They have to split it into multiple movies. Way too short.
Old 2009-08-21, 13:11   Link #232
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
90 minutes? That's only an hour and thirty minutes, what the heck?
Old 2009-08-21, 15:38   Link #233
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
And because it would be productive to split it into multiple movies, it won't be done. It'll probably be a very rushed version of UBW, taking out a lot of the scenes with Rider, quite a bit of Caster, almost all of Assassin, and anything else unnecessary. I believe anything romatically based will fall into that last category; only way to cram it all into that little time.
Old 2009-08-21, 16:30   Link #234
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Anyone got a new link to the trailer? The YouTube one is down.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 17:52   Link #235
kakakka

Ah, 90 minutes...

After seeing the teaser and finding out its 90 minutes, I dunno what to think. I'm imagining short dialogues, many flashy fights...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 17:55   Link #236
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Yeah, the anime was way way too short, right? And that was 26 episodes. Just imagine how much they'll have to slice up to fit a movie into 90 minutes... imagine if the anime was 90 minutes.

GILGAMESH: SUP GUYS-- OH GOD I TRIPPED *falls and impales self on sword*
Old 2009-08-21, 17:58   Link #237
kakakka

The anime gave alot, imo. They even snuck in more during Caster Arc. But I might be wrong. I enjoyed the anime alot, and didn't care what it's missing when I later played the game.

I think the movie might be more focused on fighting...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 18:34   Link #238
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

I liked the anime a lot too.
Old 2009-08-21, 21:37   Link #239
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

A lot is made about the anime when I thought they did a pretty decent job... Though, they probably should have mostly stuck to the Fate route instead of trying to put in elements of HF and UBW.

Anyhow... 90 minutes is way too freaking short. That pretty much scraps the story.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 01:16   Link #240
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Wow 90 min, can only mean rushed. No way they can tell the story effectively with such a short running time. This probably means less focus on certain characters (like Caster and Assassin).
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote