AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-11, 14:52   Link #121
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I really doubt KyoAni would leave out everyone's favorite rhythm guitarist - there will be hell to pay if they do
Old 2010-10-11, 15:15   Link #122
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kankyo View Post
Heh-heh.

And yet another poster ("is this a farewell? no, the movie has been confirmed") with character for "light" in "light music club" replaced with character for "finished/expired/over" (on Yui's shirt) and the interview with the series producer at the bottom seems to hint that the movie will have the original 4 in college and continuing the "After School Tea Time" somehow. Both posters could be red herrings though (or they could both be right?).
Until we see something confirmed from The Powers That Be, I'm calling troll- or fan-made.
Old 2010-10-11, 15:53   Link #123
kankyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Until we see something confirmed from The Powers That Be, I'm calling troll- or fan-made.
These are official pieces of artwork made by Takahashi Mariko and Horiguchi Yukiko (both are series' key animators/animation directors), but they are no more than teasers (which is why I said "seems to hint", perhaps I should've emphasized that better in my posts), they are meant to fuel interest/speculations, no more than that. And they are way too vague to be worth faking.

Be realistic: we won't be seeing any kind of official "confirmation" until after the movie is out. This sort of teasers is all we're getting till then.
Old 2010-10-11, 17:24   Link #124
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Nooo!

Do a timeskip! Get Azusa with them, It's just not K-On without Azusa with them. I can't watch the episodes before Azusa was there anymore, it's just too weird.
Don't worry. There's not a chance in hell Azusa won't be in this movie.
Old 2010-10-11, 17:59   Link #125
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Don't worry. There's not a chance in hell Azusa won't be in this movie.
Well yeah, but if they do something where she's still in Highschool and they're not all together, unless they set in the holidays, like the whole way through. It'll be too sad to bare.

Maybe they could end it really happily with Azusa getting into their college? That'd be so cool.
Old 2010-10-11, 18:12   Link #126
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Could be HTT going a performance at freshman orientation to get members for Azusa's Light Music Club.
Old 2010-10-11, 18:15   Link #127
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Could be HTT going a performance at freshman orientation to get members for Azusa's Light Music Club.
That sounds so incredibly not interesting.
Old 2010-10-11, 18:24   Link #128
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Drama is made by the two bands competing...or Yui being Yui again ("How do I play a C cord again"). Also that might be only the part of the film to get Azusa, Ui, Jun, and Sawako involved. The rest of the plot could be how the college girls adapt to their new school. To what rules they have to follow to play and/or have tea time on school grounds. What reaction they get from a new audiance rather than the fangirl audiance they had at Sakura High in their last year. More Lives, probably with Azusa, but that depends on how Azusa splits her time between HTT and the Light Music Club verses spending time studying for her own college exams, bumming around with Ui and Jun, and other things.
Old 2010-10-11, 18:36   Link #129
Goggen

Now you're talking... well, except for the "Drama is made by the two bands competing" part. Can't really see that happening.
Old 2010-10-11, 18:50   Link #130
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe more confusion than competition.
Old 2010-10-11, 19:18   Link #131
Goggen

Well, if nothing else, these teaser posters strongly imply that the movie will not be a mere recap. I mean, I suppose it still might be and they're just jerking us around, but... would they really go that far to throw us off track if they don't have a satisfying payoff in the works? Because if so, they're definitely taking it too far.
Old 2010-10-12, 06:42   Link #132
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Well... KyoAni seems to have put a lot of effort in making the series what it is, I don't think they'd totally screw up the movie.
Old 2010-10-13, 05:07   Link #133
Saphira Veera
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kankyo View Post
Heh-heh.

And yet another poster ("is this a farewell? no, the movie has been confirmed") with character for "light" in "light music club" replaced with character for "finished/expired/over" (on Yui's shirt) and the interview with the series producer at the bottom seems to hint that the movie will have the original 4 in college and continuing the "After School Tea Time" somehow. Both posters could be red herrings though (or they could both be right?).
*wailing* I DON'T WANT AZUSA TO BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT!!! I WANT THE EIGHT OF THEM !!!!! :'( WAAAAA..... AND WHY AM I STILL CRYING WHEN I'M LITERALLY DEAD???

Sakura Kyouko
Old 2010-10-13, 05:09   Link #134
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira Veera View Post
*wailing* I DON'T WANT AZUSA TO BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT!!! I WANT THE EIGHT OF THEM !!!!! :'( WAAAAA..... AND WHY AM I STILL CRYING WHEN I'M LITERALLY DEAD???
*pats back* Now, now. Stop crying, I'm sure all the major characters will be in the movie - KyoAni has everything to lose if they don't. The only thing they will gain is my RAAAAAGE~
Old 2010-10-13, 06:04   Link #135
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
*pats back* Now, now. Stop crying, I'm sure all the major characters will be in the movie - KyoAni has everything to lose if they don't. The only thing they will gain is my RAAAAAGE~
Just tell me if the time to rage at KyoAni come... I'll help you for sure... X3

ah, and I also heard that there will be two new characters in the movie... Is this true???
Old 2010-10-13, 06:12   Link #136
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Has anyone translated those two movie-hint scans?

For some reason I've got the feeling that there's a possibility that the movie's timeline will be still around their high school life. It might tell about Azusa, Jun, and Ui, or maybe an event that is not shown in the anime (it can happen anywhere: s1, s2, between them, or after s2 before going into college).

I don't know, but it seems rather impossible to continue to their college life. The story will become much more serious, and if it happens, it'll be open-ended since most likely it won't be wrapped up in just one movie, thus leads to the possibility of the 3rd season. I just can't imagine the girls to start their mature life such as drinking or having a boyfriend like Sawako ^^;

But it would be nice if the movie is really about their college life if they can pack the same feeling like the anime.

In the end, it's just as you guys said, we can't expect too much ^^;
Old 2010-10-13, 12:53   Link #137
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
ah, and I also heard that there will be two new characters in the movie... Is this true???
At this point, I'm guessing pretty much everything you'll "hear" is BS and fanwank.
Old 2010-10-13, 13:30   Link #138
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
At this point, I'm guessing pretty much everything you'll "hear" is BS and fanwank.
Yes, don't trust anything right now.

The thing that scares me though, is that all the BS is following my prediction still - I introduced 2 new characters in my prediction *shivers in corner for the movie release*
Old 2010-10-13, 19:59   Link #139
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
as I thought since I didn't expect much from it... Beside, I guess the new two characters are Yui's parents that weren't appeared in the anime... If the rumor is TRUE of course...
Old 2010-10-16, 16:23   Link #140
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Well if it was Ui asking university attendee Yui to see if Mugi had a villa available for the new K-ON club's holiday camp then the 4 showing up as well, that might be nice. Then all 7 members can play songs together and we finally see the villa mugi kept being unable to get.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, slice of life