AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-29, 09:36   Link #21
wao
OK.

It's been ages since I read Death Note, but going by the few times I've heard Miyano in an anime, I think he can pull the arrogance off. But he's got to sound more serious than usual, cos even his serious voice somehow makes me laugh a bit. He's gotta sound more scary, I think.

I hope Madhouse decides to give this the good (i.e. Monster, Nana, etc.) treatment and not the bad (KIBA, Okusama wa Joshikousei, etc.) ... especially drawing those excellent drawings. I love the character designs for Death Note and this is one show where I'd be a bit sad to see them get whacked around in the wrong way.
Oh well.
Old 2006-08-29, 10:11   Link #22
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I've only heard Miyano through his performance in Wolf's Rain. While he can play the dignified wolf Kiba, I'll have to wait and see if he can have a sort of "arrogant dignity" as the God-complex character that is Kira/Light.

I've always known Yamaguchi Kappei as playing the hot-blooded shounen type characters, like Ranma and Inuyasha. So it's a surprise to see him being cast as the eccentric but overally calm and calculated L.
Old 2006-09-06, 07:10   Link #23
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Cast update :-

リューク:中村獅童 
弥海砂:平野綾
夜神粧裕:工藤晴香

Ryuuku :- Nakamura Shidou
Misa :- Hirano Aya
Sayu :- Kutou Haruka

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEATH_N...8B%E3%83%A1%29

Aya Hirano as Misa, that's interesting. Wonder if we can hear her loli-loli voice from that role.
Old 2006-09-06, 07:16   Link #24
wao
OK.

Yay! Kudou Haruka. H&C, Noein, H&C II and now this... looking forward to hearing her interesting voice again.

Isn't this the slot where they had Akagi and Monster before? Or was that Nana's slot...
Old 2006-09-06, 07:18   Link #25
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Yay for Kudou Haruka!
Old 2006-09-06, 07:22   Link #26
Siegel Clyne

Haruhi is Misa?

According to this post by the legendary poster "Snake" ("HEBI") on this soon-to-be archived DEATH NOTE page858+147+4 "Over 1000 Thread" at 2ch's Natsukashi Manga Board:

Ryuuk: Nakamura Shidou
Misa: Hirano Aya
Younger Sister (Yagami Sayu): Kudou Haruka

EDIT: I posted this message half asleep early yesterday. I deleted the last half of it as trivial and unnecessary.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2006-09-07 at 02:23. Reason: Deleted last half of message as trivial and unnecessary.
Old 2006-09-06, 08:21   Link #27
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Wow, Hirano Aya as Misa Misa? I'm so looking forward to this show now - provided they have a different ending......hopefully.
Old 2006-09-06, 08:26   Link #28
Zappster

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Usually I don't read the manga/novels before watching the animated version but I'm already a big fan of the manga, well at least what I've read of it. I hope I don't turn out to be one of those people when it comes to this show.
Old 2006-09-08, 19:06   Link #29
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

I think Miyano Mamoru, will use his Ouran High School Host Club voice for the "normal" Raito... I think Hirano Aya naturally has it down as Misa i wonder about L though...
Old 2006-09-08, 19:34   Link #30
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
hey hey and note that the manga of Death Note is finished THERE WON'T BE ANY FILLERS!!!
Old 2006-09-08, 21:27   Link #31
andromeda0201

wow shidou nakamura? they are really making this big budget!

I'm anticipating Kappei Yamaguchi's performance as L, shinichi kudou again perhaps?
Old 2006-09-08, 23:49   Link #32
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Just saw in Manganews that the author is arrested for holding an army knife (http://www.manganews.net/forums/show...6014#post16014)

I hope he will be released shortly. Wah please don't let it interfer with the Anime...
Old 2006-09-09, 00:00   Link #33
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
O.o 8.6cm knife...must have been some big rat he was trying to kill...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-14, 14:41   Link #34
I love waffles!

Old 2006-09-14, 16:56   Link #35
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Some shots from a TV ad.

Great stuff IMO.
Old 2006-09-14, 17:35   Link #36
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Yeah, those shots look pretty promising. Let's just hope the series manages to maintain a high-quality look like that all the way through.
Old 2006-09-15, 10:58   Link #37
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
Yeah, those shots look pretty promising. Let's just hope the series manages to maintain a high-quality look like that all the way through.
Exactly what I was thinking. I don't think this will be over 51 episodes cause it's only 108 chapters. So it must be high-quality. Monster was 74 episodes and that was high-quality.
Old 2006-09-15, 11:42   Link #38
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Hee, any idea where to watch the death note tv ad? as in... is it frm an interview of 中村獅童 (tt guy as ryuuk) or juz any normal ad? is it being uploaded on youtube yet? cos' i am actually quite curious to watch the whole ad. thanks.
Old 2006-09-16, 10:43   Link #39
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
It's at times like this when I regret reading the manga. If I had seen this without knowing what would happen, I would be wowed by the twists, suspenseful moments and when certain characters die.

=(
Old 2006-09-16, 11:25   Link #40
Lilith
Your average fangirl

LOL Scribble it does affect it, but not entirely. In my case, I'll still be thrilled and enjoying the story IF the anime was well done. I know NANA anime got me, and I've read the manga many times that I memorized most panels.